• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

SSB-64 Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 55 Next
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
July 03 2012 22:45 GMT
#481
It's hilarious how people actually think iGrok is doing something.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
July 03 2012 22:46 GMT
#482
On July 04 2012 07:45 HiroPro wrote:
It's hilarious how people actually think iGrok is doing something.


Agreed. His results shall come, just keep heading towards that light at the end of the tunnel! Wait... it's day 4 already? Where did all the other townies go?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 03 2012 22:50 GMT
#483
spreadsheet updated with roles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 03 2012 22:52 GMT
#484
I don't like that he's keeping his thoughts to himself for this long either. But I'm willing to trust in him for now and I'm expecting to see some detailed analysis of his opinion on the game after the night.

I'd also like to remind that unless I understood it wrong, if you hit iGrok tonight, Saturn will take damage as well. (Unless someone hits iGrok and there is a medic on Saturn).

Could the mods confirm if my assumption is right, that if the DK decides to change his carried player, it only takes effect starting from the next day?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
July 03 2012 22:54 GMT
#485
On July 04 2012 07:50 talismania wrote:
spreadsheet updated with roles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E


Wtf are you doing posting people's roles?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 03 2012 22:55 GMT
#486
Have you been playing? These are all claimed/revealed.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 03 2012 22:56 GMT
#487
Leave talismania alone, Risen. If he wants to share the spreadsheet that he and iGrok are using to plan their night kills with us, I don't care.

And any falcons should be hitting iGrok tonight. It doesn't matter if I get hurt. 1:1 trades are good for town.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
July 03 2012 22:57 GMT
#488
Hmm, I thought I'd make it for the lynch, but needed time with the gf. Kinda glad Tali didn't get lynched in the end:
On July 04 2012 05:23 talismania wrote:
TT my first mislynch as town. At least I don't die right away.

Can people help me fill this out? I've discovered my problem is that I think everyone but mister saturn is town =/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E

This just doesn't read like scum responding to getting lynched.

So while I'm happy with the overall outcome (Grush would've been my choice too if I had made sense of this post earlier and not been in a rush to get people on Tali and go afk), the way that lynch happened is not making sense to me. I'll try to make sense of what we learned there tomorrow. Just answering your questions and then going to bed.
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?

@Tali: I cannot edit the spreadsheet. In any case I'll give you a list of my reads after the night is over. Don't want to give too many reads tonight, so scum can't wifom around what I am doing too much.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 03 2012 22:57 GMT
#489
On July 04 2012 07:52 Cephiro wrote:
I don't like that he's keeping his thoughts to himself for this long either. But I'm willing to trust in him for now and I'm expecting to see some detailed analysis of his opinion on the game after the night.

I'd also like to remind that unless I understood it wrong, if you hit iGrok tonight, Saturn will take damage as well. (Unless someone hits iGrok and there is a medic on Saturn).

Could the mods confirm if my assumption is right, that if the DK decides to change his carried player, it only takes effect starting from the next day?

YES CHANGES ONLY WORK FOR THE NEXT DAY AND EVER AFTER THAT.
IF I AM DK AND I AM CARRYING
X ON N3, AM CHANGING TO Y ON NIGHT 3 AND GET HIT ON NIGHT 3 X GETS STILL HIT.
IF I GET HIT ON D4 OR N4
Y GETS HIT.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
July 03 2012 22:58 GMT
#490
On July 04 2012 07:55 talismania wrote:
Have you been playing? These are all claimed/revealed.

I have a pretty damned good guess of what yours is too, but I'll let you claim that yourself, mr. cryptic.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 03 2012 23:00 GMT
#491
Oops made it so anyone can edit it and saved a local copy in case a troll reading the thread goes crazy.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 03 2012 23:01 GMT
#492
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:

Show nested quote +
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?


Read what s&b said again. I'm pretty sure what he means is that you drive from townies to people you find suspicious. So any scum actions on those townies get done on possible scum instead.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 23:04:48
July 03 2012 23:02 GMT
#493
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:
Hmm, I thought I'd make it for the lynch, but needed time with the gf. Kinda glad Tali didn't get lynched in the end:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 05:23 talismania wrote:
TT my first mislynch as town. At least I don't die right away.

Can people help me fill this out? I've discovered my problem is that I think everyone but mister saturn is town =/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E

This just doesn't read like scum responding to getting lynched.

So while I'm happy with the overall outcome (Grush would've been my choice too if I had made sense of this post earlier and not been in a rush to get people on Tali and go afk), the way that lynch happened is not making sense to me. I'll try to make sense of what we learned there tomorrow. Just answering your questions and then going to bed.
Show nested quote +
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?

@Tali: I cannot edit the spreadsheet. In any case I'll give you a list of my reads after the night is over. Don't want to give too many reads tonight, so scum can't wifom around what I am doing too much.

YOU CAN USE IT BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVLY IN THEORY BUT IN PRAXIS IT'S ALWAYS BOTH COMBINED:

AS YOU SAID YOU ARE SWAPPING TARGETS (IF SWAPPING IS POSSIBLE, I CONSIDER DK-DAMAGE AND DK GRABBING LIKE A MAD HATTER AND THEREFORE NOT TARGETABLE BY RB OR SWAP) AND THAT WAY SOMEONE ELSE GETS HIT.
IF YOU BUS A WITH B AND A GETS ATTACKED, THAT ATTACK GETS REDIRECTED TO B.

SO IN A WAY YOU CAN USE IF DEFENSIVLY AND REDIRECT HITS AWAY FROM PEOPLE BUT WILL ALWAYS HIT SOMEONE ELSE, THEREFORE MAKING IT OFFENSIVE AS WELL.


Edit: figured it's a little better to read with red color... stupid all caps.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 03 2012 23:04 GMT
#494
Oh, I didn't realize that's how bus driver worked. I thought it was one way only. Eh, than I guess the way s&b said isn't so good. Do whatever you like, but I don't see an easy way to use it for town purposes.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
July 03 2012 23:04 GMT
#495
On July 04 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:
Hmm, I thought I'd make it for the lynch, but needed time with the gf. Kinda glad Tali didn't get lynched in the end:
On July 04 2012 05:23 talismania wrote:
TT my first mislynch as town. At least I don't die right away.

Can people help me fill this out? I've discovered my problem is that I think everyone but mister saturn is town =/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E

This just doesn't read like scum responding to getting lynched.

So while I'm happy with the overall outcome (Grush would've been my choice too if I had made sense of this post earlier and not been in a rush to get people on Tali and go afk), the way that lynch happened is not making sense to me. I'll try to make sense of what we learned there tomorrow. Just answering your questions and then going to bed.
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?

@Tali: I cannot edit the spreadsheet. In any case I'll give you a list of my reads after the night is over. Don't want to give too many reads tonight, so scum can't wifom around what I am doing too much.

YOU CAN USE IT BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVLY IN THEORY BUT IN PRAXIS IT'S ALWAYS BOTH COMBINED:

AS YOU SAID YOU ARE SWAPPING TARGETS (IF SWAPPING IS POSSIBLE, I CONSIDER DK-DAMAGE AND DK GRABBING LIKE A MAD HATTER AND THEREFORE NOT TARGETABLE BY RB OR SWAP) AND THAT WAY SOMEONE ELSE GETS HIT.
IF YOU BUS
A WITH B AND A GETS ATTACKED, THAT ATTACK GETS REDIRECTED TO B.

SO IN A WAY YOU CAN USE IF DEFENSIVLY AND REDIRECT HITS AWAY FROM PEOPLE BUT WILL ALWAYS HIT SOMEONE ELSE, THEREFORE MAKING IT OFFENSIVE AS WELL.


But just to be totally clear. When I drive from A to B, any action previously already hitting B continues to hit B, right?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
July 03 2012 23:05 GMT
#496
On July 04 2012 08:01 Mister Saturn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:

MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?


Read what s&b said again. I'm pretty sure what he means is that you drive from townies to people you find suspicious. So any scum actions on those townies get done on possible scum instead.

- Hiro


No. S&B clearly thought the bus driver swaps people. I was planning on using it as a medic, driving hits away from townie people and onto scummy people. If targets are merely swapped then I really need to rethink my role, but I still don't think that's how it works.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 03 2012 23:08 GMT
#497
Hm, you're right.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 03 2012 23:09 GMT
#498
On July 04 2012 08:04 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:
Hmm, I thought I'd make it for the lynch, but needed time with the gf. Kinda glad Tali didn't get lynched in the end:
On July 04 2012 05:23 talismania wrote:
TT my first mislynch as town. At least I don't die right away.

Can people help me fill this out? I've discovered my problem is that I think everyone but mister saturn is town =/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E

This just doesn't read like scum responding to getting lynched.

So while I'm happy with the overall outcome (Grush would've been my choice too if I had made sense of this post earlier and not been in a rush to get people on Tali and go afk), the way that lynch happened is not making sense to me. I'll try to make sense of what we learned there tomorrow. Just answering your questions and then going to bed.
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?

@Tali: I cannot edit the spreadsheet. In any case I'll give you a list of my reads after the night is over. Don't want to give too many reads tonight, so scum can't wifom around what I am doing too much.

YOU CAN USE IT BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVLY IN THEORY BUT IN PRAXIS IT'S ALWAYS BOTH COMBINED:

AS YOU SAID YOU ARE SWAPPING TARGETS (IF SWAPPING IS POSSIBLE, I CONSIDER DK-DAMAGE AND DK GRABBING LIKE A MAD HATTER AND THEREFORE NOT TARGETABLE BY RB OR SWAP) AND THAT WAY SOMEONE ELSE GETS HIT.
IF YOU BUS
A WITH B AND A GETS ATTACKED, THAT ATTACK GETS REDIRECTED TO B.

SO IN A WAY YOU CAN USE IF DEFENSIVLY AND REDIRECT HITS AWAY FROM PEOPLE BUT WILL ALWAYS HIT SOMEONE ELSE, THEREFORE MAKING IT OFFENSIVE AS WELL.


But just to be totally clear. When I drive from A to B, any action previously already hitting B continues to hit B, right?

IF YOU DRIVE FROM A TO B YOU ALSO ALWAYS DRIVE FROM B TO A.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH "any action previously already hitting B continues to hit B, right?" ?
OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T BUS THINGS FROM A DAY-PHASE, IT ONLY WORKS FOR WHAT IS HAPPENING THAT VERY NIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT GOT IN FIRST. ALL NIGHT ACTIONS ARE TREATED AS HAPPENING IN THE SAME TIME EXCEPT FOR A POSSIBLE RB WHICH GETS DEALT WITH FIRST AND THE POSSIBILITY OF 2 BUSSES INTERFERRING WITH EACH OTHER IN WHICH CASE THE TIME OF THE PM'S DECIDES WHAT GETS APPLIED FIRST

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 03 2012 23:11 GMT
#499
And I just realized I did all of that posting on Acro and not on dedede.
+ Show Spoiler [Acro's posts] +


On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:
Hmm, I thought I'd make it for the lynch, but needed time with the gf. Kinda glad Tali didn't get lynched in the end:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 05:23 talismania wrote:
TT my first mislynch as town. At least I don't die right away.

Can people help me fill this out? I've discovered my problem is that I think everyone but mister saturn is town =/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoLbFr8c0_7dERRMUVqYjQtb200SVVVd0lsaEpYV0E

This just doesn't read like scum responding to getting lynched.

So while I'm happy with the overall outcome (Grush would've been my choice too if I had made sense of this post earlier and not been in a rush to get people on Tali and go afk), the way that lynch happened is not making sense to me. I'll try to make sense of what we learned there tomorrow. Just answering your questions and then going to bed.
Show nested quote +
MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?

@Tali: I cannot edit the spreadsheet. In any case I'll give you a list of my reads after the night is over. Don't want to give too many reads tonight, so scum can't wifom around what I am doing too much.




On July 04 2012 08:05 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 08:01 Mister Saturn wrote:
On July 04 2012 07:57 Acrofales wrote:

MrDedede - his plan for how to use his bus driving power seems pretty antitown since there is so much more vigilante power in the game than there is scum KP power. IMO he should be taking people he thinks are townie and bussing them with people who are unobtrusive and unlikely to get targeted by scum or by town. IMO a town busdriver would be best used as a protective role rather than an offensive role.
Actually wait I think that he should bus drive us with someone scummy and then we should have all our vigs target igrok since that way we don't die when he does.

I don't think I understand what you want me to do. I don't prevent actions on the recipient, I only move any actions that were on my first target onto the second. So if I bus from player A to player B and player B is getting vigi'd and A is getting medic'd, then player B gets vigi'd and medic'd. If both are getting vigi'd then B gets double vigi'd.

So back to your post: if I drive FROM someone unobtrusive to a town player, I might as well not drive at all. If I drive from someone townie to someone scummy, then any mafia KB will hit the scumster AND any vigi shots aimed at him hit him too!

That is, unless I completely misunderstood Toad's explanation of the bus driver mechanics. Please tell me my explanation is right and the targets aren't just swapped?


Read what s&b said again. I'm pretty sure what he means is that you drive from townies to people you find suspicious. So any scum actions on those townies get done on possible scum instead.

- Hiro


No. S&B clearly thought the bus driver swaps people. I was planning on using it as a medic, driving hits away from townie people and onto scummy people. If targets are merely swapped then I really need to rethink my role, but I still don't think that's how it works.

kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 03 2012 23:14 GMT
#500
Oh, hrmmm, I might be wrong about how this role works.


SCENARIO:
Player A is shot by Capt. Falcon
Player B is copied by Kirby

I drive from A to B. What is the outcome of the night actions?
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 459
Bale 45
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9275
JimRising 562
ViBE228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1136
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 45m
Patches Events
13h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 45m
OSC
21h 45m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.