• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:17
CEST 11:17
KST 18:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7526 users

TL Mafia LI - Page 119

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 131 Next
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 13 2012 02:33 GMT
#2361
I really wanted to medic protect ST or michaelthe because I knew one or both of them was going to get shot.

you guys would have eaten that shit up badly O.O
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
April 13 2012 02:33 GMT
#2362
There was two reasons. The first was the fact that I didn't see any point to having 2+ Vet's in the game. I could maybe see it's benefits in large, large, large games (50 players or so) but having only 30, with 6 being scum...Eh, I just didn't see the point.

Also, the fakeclaim didn't look anything resembling that of my General PM. It just felt "off." My role PM was a good paragraph, maybe two, of information about my background. It felt stretched like it wasn't going to be real. It didn't even mention how you were bulletproof during the night.

It near convinced me you were scum, but I didn't want to counterclaim in the thread. It would have probably gotten me votes too (since people though I was scum for voting for you) and would have negated my power.
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 13 2012 02:33 GMT
#2363
Actually the traitor was realy funny. We were sitting in our IRC channel and suddenly i was like
"GUYS, Imagine if there actually is a traitor. If we got one that guy is trying to find mafia to help them. Just think about some poor guy desperatly trying to help mafia just to find out the next day he was supporting the mafia lynch, not knowing that both were mafia. That shit would be hilarious."
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
April 13 2012 02:34 GMT
#2364
Edit - Ahhh, maybe if you posted more of your role, it would have convinced me. :p But still, I couldn't see having two Vet's in the game this size. I still would have been suspicious. :p
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 13 2012 02:35 GMT
#2365
So, was BH traitor in the end or not? >_>
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 13 2012 02:35 GMT
#2366
Oh yeah, BH surely had to be the traitor right?

tell me he is... right >.>


Otherwise, I really dont know what to think about his play
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:37:20
April 13 2012 02:35 GMT
#2367
On April 13 2012 11:33 Jitsu wrote:
There was two reasons. The first was the fact that I didn't see any point to having 2+ Vet's in the game. I could maybe see it's benefits in large, large, large games (50 players or so) but having only 30, with 6 being scum...Eh, I just didn't see the point.

Also, the fakeclaim didn't look anything resembling that of my General PM. It just felt "off." My role PM was a good paragraph, maybe two, of information about my background. It felt stretched like it wasn't going to be real. It didn't even mention how you were bulletproof during the night.

It near convinced me you were scum, but I didn't want to counterclaim in the thread. It would have probably gotten me votes too (since people though I was scum for voting for you) and would have negated my power.

wat? I assumed 3 PR's between medic and VET. I said something like "it's maybe going to be something like 1 medic +2 vet or 2 medic + 1 vet or 3 vet or some shit like that in our mafia QT.

I'd say having 1 vet is less likely than having 2 or more oO

Edit: I mean obviously depending on wether or not we have traitors. I doubt it but if there are traitors in this game you guys probably had PR's like candy. You had 4 vigs and you think 2 Vets are unreasonable?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 13 2012 02:37 GMT
#2368
wbg: it would have helped if you hadn't kept defending toad on meta. Toad who was my strongest scum-read and you basically kept telling me I was wrong.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
April 13 2012 02:37 GMT
#2369
Meh, I guess it's up to the player then. It was just too played up I guess. Kinda how WBG said it. It was just odd. Almost identical to how VE claimed his - not really going to be lynched, but trying to persuade people because you were blue. Seemed forced I guess.

I just really wanted you lynched so that when you flipped red, people would stop calling me scum.
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 13 2012 02:39 GMT
#2370
Oh god this is so horrible

With how d1 and d2 went we basicly considered this game to be already won... d3 really would have been easy for us. NP at all with bugs pushing katina. Next lynch would have maybe been a mafia, who cares that would have already been lylo and besides 3 or 4 people noone would be willing to lynch me after that bus. I just can't believe this
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 13 2012 02:40 GMT
#2371
On April 13 2012 11:37 Jitsu wrote:
Meh, I guess it's up to the player then. It was just too played up I guess. Kinda how WBG said it. It was just odd. Almost identical to how VE claimed his - not really going to be lynched, but trying to persuade people because you were blue. Seemed forced I guess.

I just really wanted you lynched so that when you flipped red, people would stop calling me scum.


there's no way I would have been lynched before you :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
April 13 2012 02:40 GMT
#2372
I like my streak of never being lynched in a game, but I have to say, I think this would have been my first.
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
April 13 2012 02:41 GMT
#2373
No, I know. You had a lot more clout then me, especially after VE flipping red.
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:46:06
April 13 2012 02:43 GMT
#2374
On April 13 2012 11:37 marvellosity wrote:
wbg: it would have helped if you hadn't kept defending toad on meta. Toad who was my strongest scum-read and you basically kept telling me I was wrong.


How was I to know that they were bussing each other?

Toad plays like this all the time, seriously. I was much more sure that VE was scum up until Toad claimed vet. When Toad claimed vet I went "wtf is this?" and just felt like giving up.

If I was amazing at this game I'd know Toad and VE were bussing each other, but ultimately I had a stronger read on VE and the easier assumption to make in that situation was that Toad was town.

I wasn't initially defending Toad because it had nothing to do with my read on VE. However, eventually I had to because VE's case on Toad was so damn untenable. I was just on tunnel-mode at that point because the only way I saw us getting out of that was killing VE.

so yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't going to let town kill Toad today, because I was 100% convinced VE was scum.

EDIT: speaking of being amazing, no idea how katina knew they were bussing, but that was a GREAT call.

gj to katina.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 13 2012 02:43 GMT
#2375
GG guys. G FUCKIN G
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
April 13 2012 02:44 GMT
#2376
everyone get on irc? we're doing "postgame talk" and maybe irc mafia if theres enough people :O
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 13 2012 02:44 GMT
#2377
"Untenable"? That's literally the first time someone's said that about one of my cases. Thx Bugs. lol
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 13 2012 02:48 GMT
#2378
Well that's it for me today it's 5 am for me and I need some sleep...

I do want to read some thoughts about team mafia though, I really think we did amazing

Oh and wbg: We asked GM to add an anonymous message to your death note. You would have gotten the quote of your deathwish from d1 +
You're welcome,
Sincerely Team Mafia
as pm :p

I also liked how I was literally explaining everything VE did and people thought that's bullshit :p

Oh and mafia QT was basicly only VE raging at me and I raging at him because we were both telling each other nonstop what to do and we both hate to be told what to do. I mean VE wasn't in our irc channel the first 2 days or something like that, so I started posting stuff we discussed in our irc channel and VE was raging mad because he though I am nonstop disagreeing with him when in reality I was simply summarizing what the other 5 people thoughs were, because he was not there.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 13 2012 02:49 GMT
#2379
WTF LOL
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:56:16
April 13 2012 02:55 GMT
#2380
You know wbg, if you REALLY thought VE was scum (and you did, and were right about it), then not to make a read on Toad based on that, and just focus on VE.
You defending Toad based on meta, when I basically made a case about how his meta was different didn't help people make their minds.

EDIT: Great call on the other 4 scum though.

Also I find it funny how the 3 lynch candidates on D2 were scum, yet scum were in a better position than us
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 131 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3887
Bisu 368
Soma 341
Rush 295
BeSt 187
Hyuk 112
Killer 109
ToSsGirL 79
Shinee 66
Mong 64
[ Show more ]
Sexy 45
sorry 13
yabsab 7
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc2304
Counter-Strike
olofmeister691
byalli607
shoxiejesuss553
edward21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns28960
summit1g7659
ceh9506
Happy283
dupreeh241
crisheroes158
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast7
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1639
• Stunt394
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.