• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:26
CEST 20:26
KST 03:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9101 users

Hammer Mini Mafia - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 Next
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 04 2012 14:44 GMT
#1041
On February 04 2012 18:33 Forumite wrote:
Game Over

Town Wins!


[image loading]

"That´s big..."

"Of course it is, we´re builders, we don´t deal with tiny things."

"Do you think we can make that thing?"

"Sure, the tower is the easy part, getting to Tau Ceti will tougher."




Jackal58 - Votemanipulator (Day 4 votesteal)
Chaoser - Busdriver
LSB - Roleblocker
VisceraEyes - Gravedigger

PaperScraps - Gravedigger
jaybrundage - Tracker
Node - Vigilante (1-shot, reveals alignment)
Dirkzor - Vigilante (1-shot, reveals alignment)
Palmar - Watcher
Prplhz - Medic

MeatlessTaco - Vanilla Townie
LayAbout - Vanilla Townie
Wherebugsgo - Vanilla Townie
risk.nuke - Vanilla Townie
[UoN]Sentinel - Vanilla Townie




Thanks to RoL for hosting, Zona for zbot, and thanks to everyone else for playing.

#1 cohost of ALL time. What did you guys think? I wouldn't mind hearing some post game thoughts/opinions. The only change I made since I designed this game roughly 6 months ago was changing vigilantes to flip alignment. The reason is because I thought the set up was a bit mafia favored as well as a few others mentioned it. I didn't except the vigi's to kill quite as well as they did.

Fun fact: The mafia nearly won the game N2 when you were all sending votes to palmar. They came incredibly close to busdriving LSB/Palmar so LSB would get all the votes, then using the vote rigger to force the highest town VP player to kill himself. At that point the mafia controls the lynch and wins the game. They didn't know, but this also would of killed Palmar and saved LSB since there was vigilantes targeting LSB who would of killed palmar instead. What they did instead was bus Palmar with someone else and hit the someone else to pass the protections from palmar. If I remember right, I think it was LayAbout who they hit and bussed to kill Palmar.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 04 2012 14:47 GMT
#1042
On February 04 2012 22:05 layabout wrote:
Why did VE claim a hit?
It's really bugging me.

He did it to save LSB, it was really stupid. On top of which, he never even used his gravedigger power that day so the scum had no idea what WBG role was before VE died.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 04 2012 14:47 GMT
#1043
On February 04 2012 22:50 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 22:20 prplhz wrote:
Really ballsy and awesome shots by Node and Dirkzor. Shooting the only scum with any real town influence, really nice.

Haha those breadcrumbs Paperscraps. I doubt anyone found those

The only grave VisceraEyes digged was his own? AMIRITE???+ Show Spoiler +
JUST KIDDING, RELAX


Anyway, VisceraEyes throwing himself under a bus like that was a pretty bad move. He not only incriminated himself but also LSB. I don't know what you guys were thinking.

I don't think scum played bad, but town had some crazy awesome powerplay and VisceraEyes gave himself up as did Jackal58. I can see where Jackal58 was coming from with his claim but I think he should just have relaxed and hoped town would have lynched somebody else.

I am never claiming shit as scum again. Every time I try to I die.

hehe, it might of worked if you were right about paperscraps being the medic. Unfortunately he wasn't so you were insta CC'd.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 04 2012 16:07 GMT
#1044
I think the setup was very fun and interesting RoL. At the same time I think it's the most mafia-favored game I've ever played in.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 04 2012 16:14 GMT
#1045
With a mafia lynch on day 2, 2 correct vigilante shots, a medic save and only 2 mislynches, town almost lost. Even in a flip game that shouldn't even be a close game.

In a normal game mafia needs to dodge the lynch on days 1-2. It's on day 3 where things can start breaking up for them. However by day 3, half the scum team was dead, and one of their hits had been blocked. This should be a tremendous advantage to town, especially with the other one-shot vigilante hitting scum on night three (despite a day 3 mislynch).

At the start of day 4 these things worked for town:

Medic save night 1
Mafia lynch day 2
Mafia shot night 2
Mafia shot night 3

These were working for mafia:

mislynch day 1 (should be a given)
mislynch day 3 (game mechanics forced this on).

The fact that the game came even close after this shows how mafia favored the setup was. It is not normal to get a medic save correct in the first night. It is not normal either for 2 vigis to shoot correctly by day 4. It is however normal to lynch 1 scum before day 4.
Computer says mafia
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 04 2012 17:34 GMT
#1046
GG guys

Layabout I'm sorry for riding your ass the whole game, looks like were on the same boat after all.

And honestly, I think that with space for 1-3 more townies, 16-18 player size, we'd be a lot better off, saving us from mislynching, maybe more opportunites for blue roles or something. IDK.

But this game was pretty fun, lots of great twists through the thread and RoL if you host another game with a setup like this, I'll definitely come back.

One question tho - what does gravedigger do?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
February 04 2012 17:44 GMT
#1047
On February 05 2012 02:34 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
GG guys

Layabout I'm sorry for riding your ass the whole game, looks like were on the same boat after all.

And honestly, I think that with space for 1-3 more townies, 16-18 player size, we'd be a lot better off, saving us from mislynching, maybe more opportunites for blue roles or something. IDK.

But this game was pretty fun, lots of great twists through the thread and RoL if you host another game with a setup like this, I'll definitely come back.

One question tho - what does gravedigger do?

I wish you had ridden my ass because then there would have been something for me to criticise.

As it was people just called me scum, didn't say why. I explained my actions and asked why i was scummy,i got no reasons, i got a bit annoyed, mafia gave me votes and i was lynched before i could post.

Well played town blues.

+ Show Spoiler [my awful reads] +

day1
Towniest:

LSB
risk.nuke
Palmar
WBG
vicera eyes
Dirkzor

Nulliest:

chaoser
prplhz
jackal
jaybrundage
node
Paperscraps

Scummiest:

Metaless taco
sentinel

day 2

dead:
WBG

Towniest:

LSB
risk.nuke
Dirkzor
Paperscraps
chaoser
prplhz

Nulliest:
node
jackal
jaybrundage
Metaless taco
sentinel

Scummiest:

Palmar or vicera eyes

Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
February 04 2012 18:38 GMT
#1048
Layabout did you give you votes to chaoser? Because if you did you are just as responsible for me shooting him as I am =) That was the major tipping point for me. I mean chaoser wasn't really making any towny moves but when you send him votes I was sure he was scum. It was only later I thought about mafia might have tried to frame you...

On February 04 2012 19:35 Palmar wrote:
gg guys, well played by most of town, especially impressed with paperscraps and dirkzor.

Node MVP

aaaaw.. I get all giddy =)

I guess no one was bussed night 1?

The setup was really fun. The best game I've played so far (of my wast number of mafia games (3)). Looking back at it the scum was maybe a bit favored. I mean if at any point they are just close to getting majority they can shot the guy with most votes and win.

Night 2 i was really close to shooting layabout. But the whole mess with VE got me to shoot LSB, but being the slowpoke i am was beat to it by node. However I don't think shooting layabout had been so bad? Considering he was a main suspect anyway and it might have cleared some stuff up...
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
February 04 2012 19:15 GMT
#1049
I actually thought it was pretty obvious that I was the medic since I was going around calling Palmar confirmed town and I gave him 5 votes. Paperscraps didn't give Palmar a single vote at any point even though he would know that Palmar is town and Palmar is pretty good at this game and wouldn't do anything silly with his vote.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 04 2012 21:07 GMT
#1050
On February 05 2012 04:15 prplhz wrote:
I actually thought it was pretty obvious that I was the medic since I was going around calling Palmar confirmed town and I gave him 5 votes. Paperscraps didn't give Palmar a single vote at any point even though he would know that Palmar is town and Palmar is pretty good at this game and wouldn't do anything silly with his vote.

Pfffftttt. I knew who all the townies were on day 1.
Life can only kill you once.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
February 04 2012 22:39 GMT
#1051
I don´t think there was an observer QT, didn´t make one myself at least. Jackal posted the mafia QT allready.

I´m impressed with Town, no flip didn´t hold them back.
:3
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
February 04 2012 23:01 GMT
#1052
GG thanks for hosting RoL and Forumite. It was hella fun. First no flip i ever played. I will REALLY appreciate flips a heck of alot more as town. Its information you take for granted

Well played scum. Well played town too. Jackal58 I really thought you were town D:
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 04 2012 23:13 GMT
#1053
On February 05 2012 07:39 Forumite wrote:
I don´t think there was an observer QT, didn´t make one myself at least. Jackal posted the mafia QT allready.

I´m impressed with Town, no flip didn´t hold them back.


GMarshall made the Obs QT I think:


http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/yDHVh5XNNdQ


RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 04 2012 23:41 GMT
#1054
On February 05 2012 01:07 Palmar wrote:
I think the setup was very fun and interesting RoL. At the same time I think it's the most mafia-favored game I've ever played in.

You guys won with like 8 town left or something? The problem was that the mafia only had 1 KP, I couldn't give you much more players or it would be like an 8 game day mafia win just to kill all of you. I don't think the ending was as close as you are saying. The mafia ALMOST had a chance by bussing you, but that was purely due to game mechanics and the town recklessly giving you their votes which was meant to be punishable. There still was kind of a way to stop that, but it would of been hard as town and probably near impossible once mafia held the majority of votes.

But that was the point. To control voting power, if the town didn't think the mafia would have some way to affect voting then that's their fault. My only issue hosting was that I was too open about information like when you asked about roleblocking, or someone else asked about medic protection. The answer should of been "That would depend if the role exists and what limitations it would have." Instead of the correct answers which I gave which essentially confirmed the roles existing in the game.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 04 2012 23:43 GMT
#1055
Don't get me wrong though Palmar, I think it was a bit mafia favored and the town just totally cleaned shit up this game. The mafia team was even pretty good, especially after NetStalker was subbed out. Chaoser/Jackal/VE/LSB? And you guys still wrecked them.

One thing I think mafia could of done more of is use bus driving by hitting one of their own and bussing the hit to palmar, etc. Basically protecting their own while killing someone who couldn't be killed before hand. This is opposed to what they were doing such as bussing LayAbout/Palmar and hitting LayAbout to kill Palmar. Instead bus LSB/Palmar and kill LSB to kill Palmar.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
February 04 2012 23:56 GMT
#1056
I still think a vote circle would've been the best plan, especially now that we know how the mafia can manipulate votes.

I'm glad you guys outted Jackal, I've been super-busy the past few days. I still enjoyed playing this a lot, and I'm glad I helped town win for once. ^^
whole lies with a half smile
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
February 05 2012 00:01 GMT
#1057
It seems like a very high variance setup due to the vote trading, bus driver and how integral the vigs are for town. I suppose townies should trade ALL of their extra votes every night to ensure votes aren't lost, but this can obviously backfire. It doesn't matter if town has numerical advantage when the setup is all about the votes. I expected there to be a mafia role that affects votes, but they had two very strong ones and neither of which you can really prepare for.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
February 05 2012 00:05 GMT
#1058
On February 05 2012 08:56 Node wrote:
I still think a vote circle would've been the best plan, especially now that we know how the mafia can manipulate votes.

I'm glad you guys outted Jackal, I've been super-busy the past few days. I still enjoyed playing this a lot, and I'm glad I helped town win for once. ^^

Bus driver can mess with that too and once mafia reaches certain point they can just not trade as planned and bus drive even some extra votes to themselves. What would town had done on day 2 if the trading didn't go as planned due to bus driver?

Were the people who were bus driven informed?
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 05 2012 00:39 GMT
#1059
No, bus driven was not informed. Might of been a decent idea to include that, although it starts ruining the whole dark set up idea.

Bus driving votes if people followed a voting circle wouldn't really work except to implicate people, since essentially if everyone is giving two votes to someone else you just switch who gave votes to who, but you could try to use that information to make it appear like certain players weren't following the voting regulations for whatever reason. I am thinking the lobbyest might of been too strong, or maybe instead of a bus driver or lobbyist make a role that allows you to control where someone sends their votes and possibly how many they send, but the second part might be too strong.

Who knows, maybe I will host a second Hammer this summer and use some of the other ideas I was working with.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 05 2012 00:40 GMT
#1060
Yep, vote circle would have been the best town plan, because of the fact that there were many vote manipulation elements. Of course you guys didn't know it. :D

Nice hits vigs!
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM827
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.