• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7314 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 176 Next
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 06 2011 00:45 GMT
#881
On December 06 2011 09:43 redFF wrote:
anyone not on a large wagon is anti town


This isn't true. I was the large wagon last game, and that was so idiotic it hurt. I'd like anyone who votes to be able to make a case like, I voted for X because Y.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:46 GMT
#882
On December 06 2011 09:45 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:43 redFF wrote:
anyone not on a large wagon is anti town


This isn't true. I was the large wagon last game, and that was so idiotic it hurt. I'd like anyone who votes to be able to make a case like, I voted for X because Y.


That wasn't majority lynch with no lynches
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 06 2011 00:47 GMT
#883
On December 06 2011 09:07 syllogism wrote:
It's not rare for town to have a role like that and in a setup with this scum ratio, it makes sense. The fact it is anonymous is slightly scummier, but claiming the role as scum makes little sense except as a gambit.

it is rare, give me some normal games which have had this type of role
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 06 2011 00:47 GMT
#884
i think palmar is fucking us around and is detrimental to town. plus we need a lynch.

##Vote Palmar
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 06 2011 00:48 GMT
#885
On December 06 2011 09:46 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:45 Risen wrote:
On December 06 2011 09:43 redFF wrote:
anyone not on a large wagon is anti town


This isn't true. I was the large wagon last game, and that was so idiotic it hurt. I'd like anyone who votes to be able to make a case like, I voted for X because Y.


That wasn't majority lynch with no lynches


And you're telling me lynching Palmar is the best move for town right now? I don't think it is. He's made some really stupid posts, but last game he was making some really stupid, idiotic posts and it led straight to his lynching. He was town then, and if he hadn't made his emounicorn post he wouldn't have been lynched. Now he's just being a troll and an idiot without the emounicorn, but I don't think he's scum.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 06 2011 00:50 GMT
#886
I refuse to vote for palmar or v7 i think we are just gonna waste another towns person
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:50 GMT
#887
On December 06 2011 09:48 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:46 Drazerk wrote:
On December 06 2011 09:45 Risen wrote:
On December 06 2011 09:43 redFF wrote:
anyone not on a large wagon is anti town


This isn't true. I was the large wagon last game, and that was so idiotic it hurt. I'd like anyone who votes to be able to make a case like, I voted for X because Y.


That wasn't majority lynch with no lynches


And you're telling me lynching Palmar is the best move for town right now? I don't think it is. He's made some really stupid posts, but last game he was making some really stupid, idiotic posts and it led straight to his lynching. He was town then, and if he hadn't made his emounicorn post he wouldn't have been lynched. Now he's just being a troll and an idiot without the emounicorn, but I don't think he's scum.


Difference between that game and this game is palmar was pro town all the way through the election stages, it wasn't until day 2 until the derping started. He's not even attempted to be pro town this game
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:50 GMT
#888
On December 06 2011 09:50 Mattchew wrote:
I refuse to vote for palmar or v7 i think we are just gonna waste another towns person


Other than meta. Explain how Palmar is town
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
December 06 2011 00:51 GMT
#889
Okay, here is why I think Radfield should be considered. Syllo Palmar and Sandro especially, please tell me what you think about it. After rereading it doesn't sound as definite as I thought it would , so I will do the boring thing and put up a post about the other targets for today and what I think about everyone in general (boring :/)

So, Radfield :

It is very easy to look pro town when you are not actually talking about players. Radfield this far has done a great job involving people into this game and trying to keep the thread active. That in itself is actually pretty protown and should be considered a point in Radfields favor. But it also makes it incredibly easy to skirt by without actually *doing anything*
He is certainly putting a lot of effort in this game, but did not produce any real content or analysis for a very long time. He provided really long policy/guideline posts, but nothing concreteat all.

Another thing that should be noted is that Radfield is extremely quick to point out why someone is town but very rarely why someone isn't. (Again, not something that is in itself scummy but is worth mentioning)


Now this in itself would be fine if we got some really good content out of him later, especially since he is known to play like that as town, but I still felt like it would be worth asking him and there was some really confusing stuff in there.


"Why don't you want to share thoughts on alignment if you have noticed something?"

Yes I have alignment reads, and obviously at this juncture none of them are near solid enough to merit posting. The reason people listen to me is I generally don't build a case until I have something to go on. Spouting about every possible scumread will only lower my(or anyone else's) credibility.

Certainly I am not going to jump in and say hey guys, I think these 4 players look suspicious. That simply allows mafia to cherry pick which one we should discuss.


This is taken straight from Radfields posts and I unlike him don't cut quotes ( we will get to that)

Could someone please explain to me how the bolded statement makes any sense? He stated himself that the thread was going extremely slowly and thus he was activly trying to get other people engaged in the conversation. Now in what way could it hurt town to have some more things to discuss and get more information out of the players. "Mafia can cherry pick who we should discuss" is probably the worst reasoning I have heard from a good player in a long time. As a capable town, we should be able to analyse behavior and arguments given by every player in the game, shouldn't we? Also why wouldn't we be able to differentiate between bad townies and scum players and recognize if mafia tries to start a bandwagon? Even if we end up accidently killing a townie, we will still gain a lot of information and as some good player once pointed out:"if someone is lynched day1, that usually means they did something really wrong ".

Radfield is justifying not giving reads by claiming it is anti-town

THe funny part is that the moment Syllo starts pressuring him a little bit, Radfield posts a completely non commital list of people he would be fine lynching. Could someone explain how that would benifit town? He seems to be doing it becaue Syllo want him to, not because he thinks it is actually something that is helpful ( he said that himself, after all)


He said that he is fine lynching all those people, but then gives us three reads where he immediatly tells us that he actually thinks those would not make good lynch targets after all. Can someone explain to me how that is making sense?

supersoft and Drazerk I'm less sure about, so lets take them off the list for the time being. They're both active as well, so presumably they will pick it up on their own. Hyshes has a IRL excuse, so he can slide by for a day. Hier is basically inactive, so it's kinda useless to vote for him.

Risen I thought looked like a particularly good lynch, though on rereading his filter I'm not so sure anymore: Filter. I'd like to check his past game(s)


Radfield stated earlier that he does not want to go after an easy target, such as a lurker yet look at the next targets.
Again, could someone explain to me how that makes sense?

Every post of Lanaia makes her look like scum:Filter Also need to check her past game.

Kingjames01: Upon reading his two posts, my initial thought was that he has about 2 posts to impress me, or he is looking scummy. Both posts are neutral and full of generalities, long past the time when we needed to talk in generalities. Since then he has not posted again. Pretty decent lynch in my eyes.


Jackal I partly agree on, so lets get to the last target, myself.

It is partly understanable because I actually have not done any great things as of yet, but the way he constructs the argument is pretty weird. Look what parts he feels are not needed for his argument(the bolded parts is what he cut out) :

Okay Radfield, this is starting to give me a bad feeling..I first noticed it when you stated that you feel like a good town atmosphere includes no arguments. You are doing a great job involving a lot of people in the conversation, but it is really, really easy to look town when there is actually not that much to comment on and scum are in no way forced to reveal information...What we have right now is a very peaceful town, but not one that is looking like it is gaining a lot of information anytime soon and you are doing very little to change that....

Would you mind sharing your thoughts now, so they can be discussed and we get a better sense of your alignment at the same time?


The version with the bolded parts in it make the post look a bit better, don't they?

I would also like to point out that I asked him a very specific question that he never answered and conveniently cut out of his analysis as well :

Show nested quote +
Certainly I am not going to jump in and say hey guys, I think these 4 players look suspicious. That simply allows mafia to cherry pick which one we should discuss.


I agree with that statement in general, but I am quite confused by the reason you are giving. If people look suspicious, that usually means they did something wrong/anti-town/opposed to their usual behaviot etc. That should be discussed and we can see a lot by the reactions every player has to the discussion. If mafia actually did just discuss one player then we as a good town should notice that, and through that already gain a ton of information. You make it sound like Scum can just roll in and dominate discussion.


Why would you do that as town? Your goal should be to lynch Scum and keep town players alive, so why make yourself look better and someone else worse?

I actually did the work and went through Radfields older games and he actually is uncertain about alignment day1 pretty often. What I dislike about his list a ton is that it is so incredibly useless. Being uncertain is one thing but why note that you would have to do a ton of legwork before you can be certain and still post it? That basicly makes every read he has non - commital and activly forces other people to initiate a lynch, instead of pushing it himself. That combined with the fact that he only posted it after Syllo asked him about it makes it look pretty bad in my eyes.

He actually started pushing Lanaia ... for two minutes. Honestly I am not quite sure what to make of that case.
What I can say though is that what Radfield has done this game has not been impressive at all and is definitly scummy in my eyes.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 06 2011 00:51 GMT
#890
Can someone please link me to the case against hier... I have been keeping up and its nowhere to be found.... the case against lanaina is the strongest BS we have?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
December 06 2011 00:51 GMT
#891
Thought about other players coming soon (tm)
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:52 GMT
#892
On December 06 2011 09:51 Erandorr wrote:
Thought about other players coming soon (tm)


It's too late in the day for new bandwagon targets. Focus on what we have
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
December 06 2011 00:54 GMT
#893
Yeah I know. I am looking at the candidates right now.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 00:55 GMT
#894
K, finished compiling the votes. Fun fact, Palmar and Risen have yet to vote on the voting thread(where they actually count).

And incognito decided to update the vote count just after I finished compiling. FML.
+ Show Spoiler [Just so it isnt wasted] +
prplhz - Radfield, -Radfield, Zephirdd, -Zephirdd

syllogism - hyshes, Hier

Palmar - redFF, VisceraEyes, Toadesstern, -Toadesstern, -redFF, TruthBringer, Zephirdd, Drazerk, Lanaia, -Zephirdd, Corrupt, annul, vaderseven, Zephirdd, redFF

Corrupt - Zephirdd, vaderseven, redFF, -Zephirdd, -vaderseven, -redFF

Radfield - vaderseven, -vaderseven, Jackal58, supersoft, -supersoft

Drazerk - Soap, -Soap

Soap - annul, Refallen, -Refallen, -annul

TruthBringer - prplhz, Toadesstern, -prplhz, -Toadesstern

Drazerk - Palmar, -Palmar

redFF - vaderseven, -vaderseven, Mattchew

vaderseven - Palmar, prplhz, Drazerk, -Drazerk

Hier - syllogism, Toadesstern

Lanaia - Radfield, sandroba, Refallen

VisceralEyes - Refallen, -Refallen

Erandorr - supersoft

real vote count

Anyone not voting for Palmar without a true reason to REALLY believe Palmar is town, especially after what he did(instead of defending his ass to the end and hope for the no-lynch, he basically shits on my face and my defense and claims a scumrole), should really consider switching to him to grab that lynch.Yes I am mad He is, indeed, the less likely town on my opinion right now.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 06 2011 00:55 GMT
#895
Vote Count Updated here.

No Lynch occurs if nobody reaches majority. Majority = (number of players in the game / 2) (rounded down) + 1)

i.e. if there are 24 players in the game, it takes 13 to lynch. If there are 23 players in the game, it takes 12.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 06 2011 00:55 GMT
#896
On December 06 2011 09:50 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:50 Mattchew wrote:
I refuse to vote for palmar or v7 i think we are just gonna waste another towns person


Other than meta. Explain how Palmar is town


explain to me how he is scum. Yeah vaderseven went apeshit and shot off a townsperson but that wasn't exactly Palmars fault, just a consequence of his actions. He has been a troll and posted a lot of bullshit but is slowly coming around and not just defending himself as others have claimed. My feeling is that redFF is mafia and I would like people to look more closely at that. If not I cannot sit here and vote for someone we know so little about... I will re-read the cases on heir and laniana and if I find something substantial I will vote those ways. Im sick of the palmar v7 argument, its just like the ace palmar of last game that leads to town looking like retards. people forget that scum can post here too and let some direct arguments and conversation the ways they want it to go.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:56 GMT
#897
At this stage a vote for anyone but Palmar is a vote for a no lynch.

So choose. Vote for someone who has been acting so scummy all game or vote for a no lynch that will 100% help scum
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 00:58 GMT
#898
On December 06 2011 08:50 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 08:43 syllogism wrote:
I'll be around for an hour or two so you have until then to push for a candidate Radfield if you want my vote. If there are any other Europeans who have to leave, switch away from Palmar because that lynch isn't happening and we aren't no lynching today if we can avoid it. There is no town reason not to comply with this request, even if you somehow are certain that Palmar is mafia, so I expect everyone to comply.

Toadesstern you aren't voting for anyone.


Except for the fact Palmar has acted like scum all game and the only reason you can think to save him is meta?

Can you point me towards the things you find particularly scummy? Is it just the trolling? Do you think fake claiming day vig to extract information from a player who appears to be hiding something is scummy? What is the scum motivation behind it? Do you realize that by claiming his anonymous vote, he is essentially letting town control it? Do you think scum palmar likes to spend day 1s attracting as much attention as possible?
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 06 2011 00:59 GMT
#899
Sorry guys I stand by my convictions... I'd rather no-lynch than lynch palmar who I think is town
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 00:59 GMT
#900
Drazerk look at the people voting with you and consider whether it could be possible that you are supporting the wrong people.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1315
910 96
Hyun 90
NotJumperer 52
Bale 39
Noble 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7470
Coldzera 740
JimRising 621
hungrybox616
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2128
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 45m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 45m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 45m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.