• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8685 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 176 Next
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 06 2011 00:03 GMT
#841
On December 06 2011 08:58 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 08:57 vaderseven wrote:
Ya to be very clear I will move my vote to avoid a no-lynch if needed. I will be clear about in the thread way before some 5 second type vote switch (not that I would ever or have ever done that [lol]).


we are not no lynching stop suggestion it. It is horrible in this situation


If we dont have a majority we no-lynch. I am saying that I will activly avoid that situation if I am able to apply control to it.

Palmar I reread page 25 and page 26.

On December 06 2011 01:39 Palmar wrote:
Do you stand by your dayvig claim?


On December 06 2011 01:40 vaderseven wrote:
I stand by everything I posted.


On December 06 2011 01:42 Palmar wrote:
Ok awesome. Now you have to shoot someone. May I suggest you kill Drazerk?


You do realize that with the amount of 'meta-respect' you are pulling on this forum that you have basically drawn a line in the sand there right?

Those 3 posts were back to back to back and your offer seemed way more to set me up to be "a liar" if I backed off my claim. I really should have shot you. It would have made a lot more sense.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 00:06 GMT
#842
Just to be clear, a no-lynch occurs in the case that nobody achieves (total/2 rounded up) votes, or in the case there is a tie?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 00:07 GMT
#843
It's not rare for town to have a role like that and in a setup with this scum ratio, it makes sense. The fact it is anonymous is slightly scummier, but claiming the role as scum makes little sense except as a gambit.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:08 GMT
#844
On December 06 2011 09:07 syllogism wrote:
It's not rare for town to have a role like that and in a setup with this scum ratio, it makes sense. The fact it is anonymous is slightly scummier, but claiming the role as scum makes little sense except as a gambit.


May not even be his role if he is scum -.-
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 06 2011 00:08 GMT
#845
From the Voting thread-
On December 06 2011 07:08 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 07:05 Zephirdd wrote:
##vote no-lynch


You may not vote for a no-lynch, so this vote is void.

No-lynch only occurs with the lack of a majority. Every player must vote for a specific player to be lynched.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 06 2011 00:08 GMT
#846
On December 06 2011 09:03 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 08:40 Palmar wrote:
Someone is going to notice this sooner or later, so I might as well claim it anyway.

I have an extra vote, (the role name is floridian) that means the anonymous vote that will show up on the voting chart is mine. I don't see any reason as for why I should not claim this role, as an anonymous vote will probably confuse people more than it helps to keep it concealed.


LOL k nevermind what I said, you are either scum or third party, but not town. Town wouldn't have a role based on animosity.

I was even stretching to have you as town, but this is too far -_-

I'm willing to contradict myself and see you flip as scum, there was no fucking point on claiming a role that suits non-town better than town. Plus everything you've done so far.

I was defending that scum wouldn't want so much attention and wouldn't go as far as looking so scummy like you did, but now it looks like you are embracing that and going over the top. Seriously?

And then you want to go on the case of the guy that made exactly two posts on the thread, not looking for his defense(who knows what the fuck happened to his life).
Nope, there is a limit to how much I stretch my town reads.

##Vote Palmar


Palmars role loses his dangerousness for town the moment he claims. This role is a lovely scumrole if scum needs a lastminute voteswitch. As soon as we know who's controlling this vote it's nearly useless.
Scumpalmar has absolutely no reason to claim that role.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 06 2011 00:11 GMT
#847
It doesn't matter how I post you guys are never going to listen to me. It must be a curse.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 00:12 GMT
#848
I am willing to switch to lanaia and definitely will if it looks like she has a better chance of being lynched
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 00:13 GMT
#849
palmar you said you wanted to vote hier with both your votes. Would you mind doing so?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
December 06 2011 00:14 GMT
#850
V7 asked and I'm going to answer. Without having played in at least a dozen or more games with Palmar to date, without using meta as a tool for analysis, I would call Palmar's play so far at best - terrible. But ya I'd see him as scum.
I have a history of seeing Palmar as scum. Seems like most games if I'm not busy calling him scum he's busy calling me scum. But his ploy with you today he pulled on me just a couple games ago. However instead of killing some random person I blew him up. So ya I've seen him do this exact same thing before as town. So it is hard for me to call him scum.


On December 06 2011 08:40 Palmar wrote:
Someone is going to notice this sooner or later, so I might as well claim it anyway.

I have an extra vote, (the role name is floridian) that means the anonymous vote that will show up on the voting chart is mine. I don't see any reason as for why I should not claim this role, as an anonymous vote will probably confuse people more than it helps to keep it concealed.


Of course that was until he told us he has a vote rigging role. That's a scum role. Palmar,why does a townie have a scum role?
Life can only kill you once.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 00:15 GMT
#851
On December 06 2011 09:11 sandroba wrote:
It doesn't matter how I post you guys are never going to listen to me. It must be a curse.

Though I'm not exactly a fan of your switch from vader/zephirdd to no lynch to sort of lanaia. Your case against her was quite short and it's a bit strange how you are suddenly so certain of her
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 06 2011 00:16 GMT
#852
Jackal, can I get a link to that game and what day did that go down on?
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 00:18 GMT
#853
On December 06 2011 09:08 supersoft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:03 Zephirdd wrote:
On December 06 2011 08:40 Palmar wrote:
Someone is going to notice this sooner or later, so I might as well claim it anyway.

I have an extra vote, (the role name is floridian) that means the anonymous vote that will show up on the voting chart is mine. I don't see any reason as for why I should not claim this role, as an anonymous vote will probably confuse people more than it helps to keep it concealed.


LOL k nevermind what I said, you are either scum or third party, but not town. Town wouldn't have a role based on animosity.

I was even stretching to have you as town, but this is too far -_-

I'm willing to contradict myself and see you flip as scum, there was no fucking point on claiming a role that suits non-town better than town. Plus everything you've done so far.

I was defending that scum wouldn't want so much attention and wouldn't go as far as looking so scummy like you did, but now it looks like you are embracing that and going over the top. Seriously?

And then you want to go on the case of the guy that made exactly two posts on the thread, not looking for his defense(who knows what the fuck happened to his life).
Nope, there is a limit to how much I stretch my town reads.

##Vote Palmar


Palmars role loses his dangerousness for town the moment he claims. This role is a lovely scumrole if scum needs a lastminute voteswitch. As soon as we know who's controlling this vote it's nearly useless.
Scumpalmar has absolutely no reason to claim that role.


It's an anonymous vote. If it's scumPalmar, he may not even control the vote. What if there is more than one anonymous vote, and it pops up, do we blame him? Do we blame scum? Do we wifom into scum trying to fool us?

And why the fuck would a town have an anonymous vote? And why the fuck would Palmar claim a role that fits scum just after I made a defense about how doing non-town stuff doesn't mean he is scum? I'd expect that he would go for a defense based on what I said, I'd expect that he would try to look pro-town, not fucking claim a scum role.
I feel violated
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 06 2011 00:19 GMT
#854
His role claim is a gambit to get the newer town players to think he is blue and vote swap from him to another target. Just lynch him
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 00:19 GMT
#855
On December 06 2011 09:08 vaderseven wrote:
From the Voting thread-
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 07:08 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 06 2011 07:05 Zephirdd wrote:
##vote no-lynch


You may not vote for a no-lynch, so this vote is void.

No-lynch only occurs with the lack of a majority. Every player must vote for a specific player to be lynched.


"Majority" could be either "More than half" or "Most votes", depending on interpretation. Can someone clarify that, or am I just bad at English? :|
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 06 2011 00:22 GMT
#856
On December 06 2011 09:19 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:08 vaderseven wrote:
From the Voting thread-
On December 06 2011 07:08 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 06 2011 07:05 Zephirdd wrote:
##vote no-lynch


You may not vote for a no-lynch, so this vote is void.

No-lynch only occurs with the lack of a majority. Every player must vote for a specific player to be lynched.


"Majority" could be either "More than half" or "Most votes", depending on interpretation. Can someone clarify that, or am I just bad at English? :|


Actually your are more correct than I was in reading this. Now I want clarification. I was assuming things there based on what in my mind was the single meaning.

Good job, your English is serving you well!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 00:23 GMT
#857
On December 06 2011 09:19 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 09:08 vaderseven wrote:
From the Voting thread-
On December 06 2011 07:08 wherebugsgo wrote:
On December 06 2011 07:05 Zephirdd wrote:
##vote no-lynch


You may not vote for a no-lynch, so this vote is void.

No-lynch only occurs with the lack of a majority. Every player must vote for a specific player to be lynched.


"Majority" could be either "More than half" or "Most votes", depending on interpretation. Can someone clarify that, or am I just bad at English? :|

is means that you need one more than half of every player to get a lynch. So yeah ( # / 2 rounded down ) +1
Examples: A town with 10 people alive needs 6 on ONE guy to get him lynched.
A town with 9 people alive needs 5 on ONE guy to get him lynched.

I'm no host but that's what extended majority lynch is as far as I know
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 00:24 GMT
#858
EBWOP: Extended majority lynch = what I said, you need 50% + 1
Simple majority lynch would be "the guy who got the most votes gets lynched"
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 06 2011 00:25 GMT
#859
She is the best read I have so far. I don't really like any of the other options, given how things transpired.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 06 2011 00:27 GMT
#860
From a sept game hosted by GMarshal:

5. This game follows Extended Majority Lynch Rules. Majority = #of players remaining in the game/2) (rounded down) + 1. Unlike in traditional majority lynch, the lynch is NOT decided the moment majority is reached. Instead, only the final vote count matters. If there is no majority at the deadline, the day ends with a no lynch. Non-voters will be modkilled for failure to vote.

So with 24 players in the game its=

24/2 = 12

12+1 = 13.

If noone has 13 or more votes there is a no lynch.
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#66
TaKeTV 91
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1117
RotterdaM 85
ByuN 61
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4248
Bisu 1125
Shuttle 1041
Stork 517
BeSt 395
Mini 351
EffOrt 349
actioN 260
Horang2 254
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Mind 130
hero 120
Light 96
Yoon 92
910 84
Zeus 73
Mong 64
Snow 62
Shinee 58
Barracks 54
sorry 45
Sea.KH 44
JYJ 38
Killer 28
Bale 25
HiyA 24
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 19
yabsab 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5697
qojqva2783
Dendi1259
Counter-Strike
fl0m3902
Fnx 693
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko886
Beastyqt406
ceh9379
Livibee334
XBOCT270
Hui .223
XaKoH 142
Trikslyr44
Chillindude25
QueenE15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2885
Other Games
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 51m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 51m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.