• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:46
CEST 15:46
KST 22:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7323 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 41

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 176 Next
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:15 GMT
#801
Tell me what scum hunting palmar has done and then compare that to the amount of lies AND trolling AND random votes he has done.

NOTHING he has done today is pro town.

Take any of his posts and you will find either abstract game theory filler, defense, RNG based pushes, trolling, or lieing.

THIS ISN'T PRO TOWN PLAY SUPERSOFT. THIS IS PLAY THAT DOES HELP THE SCUM.

get it?
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 23:16 GMT
#802
i don't care when or why you wrote these notes. They are in fact notes that are reasonable for someone is scum. They are useless if someone is town. That and your vote on Palmar could easily be explained with your red alignment.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 05 2011 23:17 GMT
#803
On December 06 2011 08:10 vaderseven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 08:01 Zephirdd wrote:
On December 06 2011 07:55 vaderseven wrote:
Can someone post a non meta reason to not lynch Palmar. The scummiest actions in this game so far have come from him and I cant accept some line of, "ignore his scummyness cuz when he is town its so goooooood."

I still will default to lynching him cuz he is scummy.


My point is that he made a fucked up move, and that tells me that he is more town than scum. Scums at least think thoroughly their steps, they won't go fuck up like that day 1. Especially NOT Palmar, because I do know that he is smart enough for that.

Fuck, there is no way to argue for his defense without meta. It's just... he isn't red, he doesn't feel red to me. Sorry, but I got nothing.


Honestly, that doesn't say anything that defends his scummy actions.

You are basiclly saying that Palmar only does town actions. He didn't play that way today regaurdless of everything else so why should we apply meta like that at this time.


I didn't say he only does town actions. I said he is smart enough to not do something as ridiculous as what he did today if he was scum. I do not agree that he was pro-town with what he did; However that wasn't pro-scum at all despite the free kill. It would be ridiculous for a scum to go for a 1-1 trade this early on the game, and Palmar knows that, and so should you.

(I also feel this situation looks horribly similar to XLVII with BC tunneling Palmar for lynching a green day 1)
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:17 GMT
#804
Why are they scum notes. Thats stupid.

This is why I dont like to post my notes palmar.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 05 2011 23:18 GMT
#805
On December 06 2011 08:12 supersoft wrote:
And concerning the Palmarcase:

It is based on stupid assumptions like LAL. I never agreed with this shit! If you're town, you have to lie sometimes to get some additional information! It's a risk you sometimes have to take. So far Palmar is the ONLY one here that tried to force anything.
Accusing him for that is just stupid. There are different, better indicators, that tell us if someone is scum or not.

Right now, I see errandorr being useless and lazy. I know he is playing a lot Dota2 atm and I think he doesnt read the thread very well. I think his illness may be a lie.

V7 is still sticking to Palmar with questionable reasoning and he also posted scumnotes here.


This isn't a simple LaL it's the manner in which he did it. He pressured Vader into producing data he couldn't and then threatening to kill him leaving him with role claiming or crawling into a ball and go die.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:18 GMT
#806
Zeph, you are saying then taht Palmar is too smart to do anything scummy as scum but he will do scummy stuff as town?
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 05 2011 23:21 GMT
#807
ok without discussing the notes or meta. Explain how palmar is innocent.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 23:23 GMT
#808
On December 06 2011 08:15 vaderseven wrote:
Tell me what scum hunting palmar has done and then compare that to the amount of lies AND trolling AND random votes he has done.

NOTHING he has done today is pro town.

Take any of his posts and you will find either abstract game theory filler, defense, RNG based pushes, trolling, or lieing.

THIS ISN'T PRO TOWN PLAY SUPERSOFT. THIS IS PLAY THAT DOES HELP THE SCUM.

get it?


okay, let it go. I already told you to calm down. If you keep raging, things won't get better. Your stressed out behaviour could also be explained with red alignment.

Now back to Lanaia:

On December 06 2011 05:05 Lanaia wrote:
Jesus, what did I miss last night...
This is essentially stream-of-consciousness here as I read the thread.
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 21:46 sandroba wrote:
Now into the people I actually find suspicious and would like input on from everyone in the thread:

Zephird: He is talking nonsense in pretty much every post he makes in the beggining and then jumps on the corrupt dude who seems to be the most inexperienced player in this game. Compare that to his play in the last game where he was town, where his logic was pretty decent and I got a town read on him pretty much right of the bat.

vaderseven: This guy gave me the impression that he is pretty good at this game in xlvii. His case on radfield is based on logical falacies and plain out wrong information. When people point this out he dismisses it and jump on the easy mode corrupt bandwagon. That note thing seems fabricated as fuck, given the way it's written and the amount of false information it contains. The fact that he unvoted radfield after people pointed out several flaws in his case isn't a scum trait by itself, but him jumping on corrupt the second after while admiting he could easily be a bad townie aswell is the patern we can identify as him not actually worried about looking for people that actually have scum motives behind their posts.



I'm pretty sure I agree with sandroba on both counts here, but moreso on vaderseven. He has been giving me scumvibes this game.
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SHOOT d1.


Seriously, wtf are people even doing in this game.
Palmar's being weird.


Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 03:04 supersoft wrote:
On December 06 2011 03:02 annul wrote:
im still waiting to see if soap actually flips from v7's shot or if this is a grand troll by everybody

if soap actually flips anything nonred i'm instavoting palmar and not unvoting


lol? I am rather voting palmar if soap flips red than the other way around... Seriously. He didn't want soap to die...

I'm going to echo supersoft here.


Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 04:30 vaderseven wrote:
I shoulda shot palmar.


I disagree. You shouldn't've shot anyone. I don't think you're scum anymore, but I think you made a terrible decision. However, what I really don't like is how Palmar seems to have known your role before you claimed.

Right now, I'm going to ##vote: Palmar because I have no idea what the fuck he thinks he's doing and that feels fairly scummy to me and he seems to have known vader's role and I also don't think Drazerk is scum so I don't understand why Palmar thinks RNG is the best idea for votes. Hell, I could randomly vote on my own accord and CLAIM that it's RNG. I'm sorry, but I won't be back until after the lynch because of school (I think. Oh wait, deadline is 8pm PST? I'll be here a couple hours before then, most likely, given nothing happens on the highway).



if she's a real girl, thats not a scumtell. Sorry folks. Girls contradict themselves all the time.
even so i am going to read her filter of her last scumgame... I'd like to have a little bit more than just Radfields verdict.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:23 GMT
#809
Super ur case on me and defense of palmar reminds me of BC defending Zeks and making a case on palmar last game.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:24 GMT
#810
You mistake confident assertion with rage.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 05 2011 23:26 GMT
#811
On December 06 2011 08:18 vaderseven wrote:
Zeph, you are saying then taht Palmar is too smart to do anything scummy as scum but he will do scummy stuff as town?


I'm saying that he isn't retarded enough to do that without good intentions for himself and his team; and for scum that would have NOT been a good move, and scum as a team would NOT approve that, unless they are retarded.

[theorycraft]
When playing as town, you usually don't have to think a lot to post. When playing as scum, you have extra information that subconsciously will influence your posts, and you have to be careful with the way you post or go apeshit to a completely retarded side(ex. Serejai on XLVII, Coagulation on SSL); you can't afford to look scum when trying to push for a townie lynch, especially NOT a day1 townie lynch. Palmar is, or should be, experienced enough to realize that.

On December 06 2011 08:21 Drazerk wrote:
ok without discussing the notes or meta. Explain how palmar is innocent.


This is the thing, I can't do that. He didn't do things to warrant his innocence. And THAT is what makes me feel that he is innocent. Does that make any sense for you? It's probably my brain going hard WIFOM, but as I said, a scum wouldn't afford to be that scummy day 1. I stand where I am, and I believe Palmar is town.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 05 2011 23:27 GMT
#812
why u so many page
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:27 GMT
#813
On December 06 2011 08:23 supersoft wrote:
if she's a real girl, thats not a scumtell. Sorry folks. Girls contradict themselves all the time.
even so i am going to read her filter of her last scumgame... I'd like to have a little bit more than just Radfields verdict.




On December 06 2011 07:17 vaderseven wrote:
I like the case on Lanaia ALOT. It really does fit especially with her posting style last game. The asap posting about things when called out is pretty dang fishy to me too.

I am down with either a Palmar or Lanaia lynch at this point.

##unvote


I read her and posted an agreement with Radfield fyi.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 05 2011 23:27 GMT
#814
Im ##vote redFF his posts are all one liners and offer literally nothing. He originally voted Palmar then hoped off that when others starting voting him. He is now trying to start a corrupt bandwagon leading me to believe that palmar and corrupt are town as well.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 05 2011 23:28 GMT
#815
Please cut down on the one liners and unnecessary double posting please. Thank you.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:28 GMT
#816
On December 06 2011 08:27 flamewheel wrote:
why u so many page


Rolling dice and shooting guns.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 23:29 GMT
#817
On December 06 2011 08:23 vaderseven wrote:
Super ur case on me and defense of palmar reminds me of BC defending Zeks and making a case on palmar last game.


You can't compare yourself with Palmar. If you're town you better calm down now. I want to read a sterling discussion and not this shit. Seriously. Do you think you will convince anyone with that behaviour? Please.
Sum up your thoughts in a post and try your best.
Right now, the prevailing opinion among the experienced players says that Palmar is innocent. You shouldn't question that without good arguments. Everyone has read this thread and your little convo where you panicked and shot the first guy that came to your mind without any discussion.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 23:40 GMT
#818
Someone is going to notice this sooner or later, so I might as well claim it anyway.

I have an extra vote, (the role name is floridian) that means the anonymous vote that will show up on the voting chart is mine. I don't see any reason as for why I should not claim this role, as an anonymous vote will probably confuse people more than it helps to keep it concealed.
Computer says mafia
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 05 2011 23:40 GMT
#819
I am calm. Telling me to calm down over and over is wierd.

My thoughts.

Palmer has acted scummy in multiple ways (Lies, Trolling, Randon Votes instead of Scum Hunting, and only posts in a srs way when defending himself). More info here - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=291212&currentpage=39#776

Your entire post boils down to a, "u bad bro." I don't think it is decided if Palmar is innocent or a good lynch. The votes will decide that.

Rash behavior would include posting big pictures of dice to RNG vote people when there is ~12 hours left in the day. Rash behavior would include fake claiming. Everything Palmer has done today has been unhelpful yet he is posting alot. The best defense that people are posting is that he isn't dumb enough to act like that as scum. I ask who thinks it is smart to act like that as town?

Just because a move is a dangerous move as scum doesn't make it pro-town. Each action needs to be looked at and understood on its own.

RNG instead of scumhunting. I call that scummy.
Fake Claim instead of a pressure vote (especially given the timing of people starting to question my vote on corrupt because I had been out of the thread asleep for awhile; he did this as a small wagon was starting on me). I call that scummy.
Trolling after events happen and adding nothing productive until he defends himself. I call that scummy.

Consider if I had posted the notes he wanted me to post when he asked. I said I don't want to post the notes they are not helpful.

He then lies and tries to force the notes out of me.

Had he gotten me to post those he could have been like ya I did to get him to post look at me Im really good at this, oh and his notes are just a giant list lynch this guy.

I see this as a minor day 1 gambit that I did not play the part he imagined I would play. He was trying to setup a decent case that already had some people voting on in a way that would be seen as a 'cool move' even if it didn't work.


I see no town motivation to lie about a claim in order to get someone to post something that they say isn't helpful in the first place. Its just an over allocation of risk for too little gain. I think he wanted to use my notes to build a case on me based on the fact that I myself said the notes are not helpful.
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 05 2011 23:41 GMT
#820
Wow lol I went to sleep and wake up to find this?

My initial thoughts:

Palmar: wtf was that? There can be no rational that was optimal play, to lie blatantly and act like an idiot to try to get a tell on one person, and in the process destroying the whole town atmosphere. (Also you should've probably made it much clearer that you were fake-claiming). Fancy-play syndrome much?

Vader: I don't see why you would shoot soap, seeing as how you admitted that soap's play was very much like how he played town last game.

With that being said at this juncture I don't think either Palmar or vader are scum, they were at worst being retarded. I highly doubt that Palmar would, as scum, set this whole fake-claim thing up and not back off once v7 claimed dayvig since v7's target was most likely Palmar. I just don't see why he as scum would do it, since I assume he's a really good scum player who has no reason to draw attention to himself like this so early in the game, and would rather try to choose a less-obvious way to take control of town discussions.

As for v7 I can't see him as scum either, though I think it was retarded he immediately cc-ed dayvig without just waiting for people to defend himself from Palmar's retardedness. I'm assuming mafia can talk at day among themselves too right? Think if he was scum his buddies would probably tell him that claiming dayvig against palmar's claim is stupid. Lastly, I think there are better people to lynch, for example, Hier, for reasons aforementioned above
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1574
WardiTV885
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8287
Bisu 2220
FanTaSy 1967
Shuttle 1440
Jaedong 1363
Horang2 719
EffOrt 512
BeSt 426
Stork 359
actioN 321
[ Show more ]
Larva 301
Mini 255
Mind 117
Barracks 106
Zeus 104
910 102
Mong 69
Snow 66
hero 47
ToSsGirL 39
Shinee 33
Sexy 30
Bale 29
soO 28
Killer 27
sorry 25
JYJ 24
Aegong 23
Free 21
Shine 18
HiyA 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 9
zelot 9
Icarus 6
Terrorterran 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4826
qojqva2049
Dendi1156
febbydoto32
Counter-Strike
fl0m1796
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2714
olofmeister1129
hiko935
B2W.Neo758
Livibee534
crisheroes339
XaKoH 251
XBOCT246
Pyrionflax216
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX153
QueenE54
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2734
• Jankos2169
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 15m
Replay Cast
9h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.