• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6809 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:09 GMT
#81
The question is, why were you doing it? Why pop up now? Time to take the focus off your buddy?
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:09 GMT
#82
On April 27 2011 06:07 purple2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:04 red2 wrote:
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?

I'm sure they are.
##VOTE: red2


/facepalm
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:10 GMT
#83
On April 27 2011 06:09 Blue1 wrote:
The question is, why were you doing it? Why pop up now? Time to take the focus off your buddy?


Nope i was just making an observation about how you guys are ignoring other players like me.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:11 GMT
#84
You didn't answer my 2 first questions.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:14 GMT
#85
On April 27 2011 06:11 Blue1 wrote:
You didn't answer my 2 first questions.


I was busy getting a tooth pulled. and "why pop up now" is a silly question. your asking me why I came to participate in the game? should i just never start posting?
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 21:15 GMT
#86
On April 27 2011 06:03 Blue1 wrote:
No lynch is terrible for town. The only way to kill mafia is to lynch. If we vote no lynch we only have a new day 1 all over again with one less townie.
Also Protoss1 hinting blue in two posts annoys me greatly and I don't see how this can be pro-town. I don't believe people, newbie or not, can be this naive.


I have not "hinted" anything. You thought I was suspicious for how I introduced myself ("obvious bandwagoner is obvious"), I said I was surprised you were being so hostile when we are just getting to know each other. And then I did not vote for you.

I do not feel I have been naive about anything, so I'm not really sure where that's coming from. You still continue to be accusatory while my explanations are written off as scummy deception, so at this point I'm not sure what would satisfy you.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 21:17 GMT
#87
On April 27 2011 06:09 red2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:07 purple2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:04 red2 wrote:
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?

I'm sure they are.
##VOTE: red2


/facepalm

Indeed.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:23 GMT
#88
On April 27 2011 06:17 purple2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:09 red2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:07 purple2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:04 red2 wrote:
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?

I'm sure they are.
##VOTE: red2


/facepalm

Indeed.


yeah man cause your so good at scum hunting you dont even need to look for scum. they just stop by and say "look at me im lurking lynch me"

Your a real credit to town.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:23 GMT
#89
What would satisfy me is if you posted some opinions about who you think is scum, how do you feel about lynching inactives day1, how do you feel about red2's posts. Also read some guides if you are new and don't know what you are doing. If you are not scum your goal in this game is not to survive, it's to kill scum.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:24 GMT
#90
On April 27 2011 06:14 red2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:11 Blue1 wrote:
You didn't answer my 2 first questions.


I was busy getting a tooth pulled. and "why pop up now" is a silly question. your asking me why I came to participate in the game? should i just never start posting?

You contradict yourself. First you say you were lurking and now you say you were busy.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:27 GMT
#91
On April 27 2011 06:24 Blue1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:14 red2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:11 Blue1 wrote:
You didn't answer my 2 first questions.


I was busy getting a tooth pulled. and "why pop up now" is a silly question. your asking me why I came to participate in the game? should i just never start posting?

You contradict yourself. First you say you were lurking and now you say you were busy.


well I stopped by to read the thread a couple times while i was out but didnt post cause i was on my phone. thats lurking while busy.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:30 GMT
#92
Blue1 your just grasping at straws. very telling.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:35 GMT
#93
Care to post your opinions so far red?
Random4
Profile Joined April 2011
24 Posts
April 26 2011 22:26 GMT
#94
Haha are you really trying to push the protoss lynch still? He's posted enough, give a small analysis on him and tell me exactly why you feel protoss is a "newbie scum" when I don't see that at all. If you do it properly and give a reasonable explanation on how you reached that conclusion, I'll eat my words and vote for him.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 23:11 GMT
#95
On April 27 2011 06:23 red2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:17 purple2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:09 red2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:07 purple2 wrote:
On April 27 2011 06:04 red2 wrote:
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?

I'm sure they are.
##VOTE: red2


/facepalm

Indeed.


yeah man cause your so good at scum hunting you dont even need to look for scum. they just stop by and say "look at me im lurking lynch me"

Your a real credit to town.

I admit that sometimes the tooth fairy drops them in my lap.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 23:18 GMT
#96
This is from the op:
Activity:
As far as activity goes in this game, I am not using the standard rule. I hold you all tot he agreement you made and expect a commitment. I will nudge someone for inactivity to get them to post more, but I won't mod kill them. Punishments will be handed out post game with the severity and terms listed in the sign up thread.
...
I will say this one more time. The two cardinal sins in this game are as follow.
1. Trying to find out AKA's of players, or who is in the game.
2. Inactivity.

Neither will result in an immediate mod kill, but afterwords I will do everything in my power to make you suffer. Which can be quite a lot.


I think this is incentive enough to make people post. I don't think a huge analysis at this point is necessary as I've pretty much commented on every post he's made so far and I don't feel like repeating myself. For now we have to use the info we have so far and I'm voting on the person I find most likely to be scum. Red is a close candidate though. If you don't feel the same way and have any leads on others I sugest you share it.

Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 00:04 GMT
#97
On April 27 2011 08:18 Blue1 wrote:
This is from the op:
Activity:
As far as activity goes in this game, I am not using the standard rule. I hold you all tot he agreement you made and expect a commitment. I will nudge someone for inactivity to get them to post more, but I won't mod kill them. Punishments will be handed out post game with the severity and terms listed in the sign up thread.
...
I will say this one more time. The two cardinal sins in this game are as follow.
1. Trying to find out AKA's of players, or who is in the game.
2. Inactivity.

Neither will result in an immediate mod kill, but afterwords I will do everything in my power to make you suffer. Which can be quite a lot.


I think this is incentive enough to make people post. I don't think a huge analysis at this point is necessary as I've pretty much commented on every post he's made so far and I don't feel like repeating myself. For now we have to use the info we have so far and I'm voting on the person I find most likely to be scum. Red is a close candidate though. If you don't feel the same way and have any leads on others I sugest you share it.



I would agree with you, but as the last experiment proved the threat of excessive banning is not enough to persuade subjects to post as much as they should, which is why I believe we should be pressuring inactives/lurkers. I disliked Zerg's caps-locked attitude but he seems to have recovered from it and I now have no problem keeping him around.

I fail to see why red pointing out that inactives are a problem makes him scum, he clearly stuck out his neck when it wasn't necessary to point out to us that the mafia could just be skating by, without being really pressured, and you guys want to lynch him for it? Once everyone has posted something of substance we can start worrying about scumhunting, but as far as we know the scum team has yet to post and are giggling franticly in a corner, watching us shove each other closer to the incinerator.

Assume for a second you guys are right, and protoss is the newbiest of newbie mafias if thats the case even if we leave him around and pressure inactives now he is going to make some kind of major mistake that gives him away or revert to typical newbie mafia behavior, which we *will* catch him at. I'm content to leave him around in the knowledge that we will know if he is scum or not sooner rather than later. I'd much rather poke the people not doing anything to see how they squirm.

On no lynch. Town almost never benefits from no lynch, in 98% of the previous experiments all no lynching did was fail to provide information and basically recreate day 1, nolynch provided no real benefits, and in the end meant the town had one less person to work with.

yellow1
pink2
green2

have yet to make substantial contributions, and it annoys me, I did not know I could get annoyed, but apparently I can
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 00:14 GMT
#98
That's a very sound assesment orange. I'll keep your opinion on red in mind, but I see no reason to change my vote from protoss so far. My vote is not set in stone, but I see no point in waiting for info to magically appear before begining to hunt for scum.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 00:20 GMT
#99
Blue, as you have cleverly noted information does not magically appear, we create it through pressuring people, which is why I am going to dedicate my efforts at making those three thoroughly uncomfortable, my experienced with lurkers is that they seem to react poorly to being prodded, and often give out information at the very least in their reactions to the votes, (see random4, who took that fact that I was voting for him very personally). You are ofcourse free to continue pushing whomever you wish,however I will be trying to shake these players out of their silence in the meantime.

If you want to generate more information I suggest reevaluating your case against protoss and seeing if you can find any new angles to it, if you do post them and evaluate how he reacts to it. Just my suggestions.

<3
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 00:24 GMT
#100
oh, I almost forgot Protoss if you wish to take some of the heat of off yourself trying to come up with someone who you think is scum is a good idea, worst comes to worst, you'll be hanged, we will later be made aware you were town and we will be able to look back at who you accused. The way things are going currently the majority of your posts have been self defense rather than adding anything to the community.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings110
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft326
ByuN 270
RuFF_SC2 156
ViBE95
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2322
GuemChi 1371
MaD[AoV]228
Sharp 189
910 63
Bale 16
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 751
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox874
Other Games
summit1g8960
Day[9].tv798
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0350
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick817
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• EnkiAlexander 53
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo531
Other Games
• Day9tv798
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 24m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.