• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:16
CEST 21:16
KST 04:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8699 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 27 2011 15:40 GMT
#121
On April 28 2011 00:32 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm feeling more and more than Red and Yellow are on different sides of the town line, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which.

I still don't know why people think I should be the Day 1 vote... the only thing I've been guilty of is being new. I haven't been creating chaos or making random accusations and then silently backing away and letting other people argue it out and do my work for me.

If I get lynched, when does my role get revealed? (not sure if this should be in mod font, but I'm guessing you all can answer my question for me). Since I'm looking more and more likely to be lynched, according to the rules revealing your role is not against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Would revealing my role as a last ditch effort just serve to help the mafia more than the town?

For the last time: I am not scum.

You have 1 vote on you. Crack a beer and watch some porn dude.
Your role won't be revealed.
Role claiming to avoid a lynch works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. In this setup you could claim to be Winston Churchill's dog and we wouldn't know until after the game.
If you do wish to reveal your role to avoid a lynch odds are you'll be shot that night anyways.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 15:43 GMT
#122
On April 28 2011 00:40 purple2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 00:32 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm feeling more and more than Red and Yellow are on different sides of the town line, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which.

I still don't know why people think I should be the Day 1 vote... the only thing I've been guilty of is being new. I haven't been creating chaos or making random accusations and then silently backing away and letting other people argue it out and do my work for me.

If I get lynched, when does my role get revealed? (not sure if this should be in mod font, but I'm guessing you all can answer my question for me). Since I'm looking more and more likely to be lynched, according to the rules revealing your role is not against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Would revealing my role as a last ditch effort just serve to help the mafia more than the town?

For the last time: I am not scum.

You have 1 vote on you. Crack a beer and watch some porn dude.
Your role won't be revealed.
Role claiming to avoid a lynch works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. In this setup you could claim to be Winston Churchill's dog and we wouldn't know until after the game.
If you do wish to reveal your role to avoid a lynch odds are you'll be shot that night anyways.


Unfortunately I'm leading the vote right now, Blue has been gunning for me from just about Post #1 and Green also is voting, but I'm not sure how set he is.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 15:43 GMT
#123
But I do appreciate your advice, I might do just that.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 15:48 GMT
#124
On April 28 2011 00:40 purple2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 00:32 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm feeling more and more than Red and Yellow are on different sides of the town line, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which.

I still don't know why people think I should be the Day 1 vote... the only thing I've been guilty of is being new. I haven't been creating chaos or making random accusations and then silently backing away and letting other people argue it out and do my work for me.

If I get lynched, when does my role get revealed? (not sure if this should be in mod font, but I'm guessing you all can answer my question for me). Since I'm looking more and more likely to be lynched, according to the rules revealing your role is not against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Would revealing my role as a last ditch effort just serve to help the mafia more than the town?

For the last time: I am not scum.

You have 1 vote on you. Crack a beer and watch some porn dude.
Your role won't be revealed.
Role claiming to avoid a lynch works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. In this setup you could claim to be Winston Churchill's dog and we wouldn't know until after the game.
If you do wish to reveal your role to avoid a lynch odds are you'll be shot that night anyways.


Role reveals in a no-flip game only cause wifom, and my policy is going to be to ignore them as far as making decisions, if someone has claimed I will check out their claim, only if after we pop our reveal power we find out that all the mafia are still amongst us. So yeah, claiming in a no flip game is not useful, and as far as I am concerned will not serve to deter the lynch
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 27 2011 15:48 GMT
#125
I'm not voting for you protoss1 because after more posts you actually do seem like a really newb town. I will be deciding on a candidate shortly.
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 27 2011 15:49 GMT
#126
On April 28 2011 00:48 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 00:40 purple2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 00:32 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm feeling more and more than Red and Yellow are on different sides of the town line, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which.

I still don't know why people think I should be the Day 1 vote... the only thing I've been guilty of is being new. I haven't been creating chaos or making random accusations and then silently backing away and letting other people argue it out and do my work for me.

If I get lynched, when does my role get revealed? (not sure if this should be in mod font, but I'm guessing you all can answer my question for me). Since I'm looking more and more likely to be lynched, according to the rules revealing your role is not against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Would revealing my role as a last ditch effort just serve to help the mafia more than the town?

For the last time: I am not scum.

You have 1 vote on you. Crack a beer and watch some porn dude.
Your role won't be revealed.
Role claiming to avoid a lynch works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. In this setup you could claim to be Winston Churchill's dog and we wouldn't know until after the game.
If you do wish to reveal your role to avoid a lynch odds are you'll be shot that night anyways.


Role reveals in a no-flip game only cause wifom, and my policy is going to be to ignore them as far as making decisions, if someone has claimed I will check out their claim, only if after we pop our reveal power we find out that all the mafia are still amongst us. So yeah, claiming in a no flip game is not useful, and as far as I am concerned will not serve to deter the lynch


How will you check them? Did you just claim dt?

Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 15:52 GMT
#127
On April 28 2011 00:49 Zerg1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 00:48 Orange2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 00:40 purple2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 00:32 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm feeling more and more than Red and Yellow are on different sides of the town line, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which.

I still don't know why people think I should be the Day 1 vote... the only thing I've been guilty of is being new. I haven't been creating chaos or making random accusations and then silently backing away and letting other people argue it out and do my work for me.

If I get lynched, when does my role get revealed? (not sure if this should be in mod font, but I'm guessing you all can answer my question for me). Since I'm looking more and more likely to be lynched, according to the rules revealing your role is not against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Would revealing my role as a last ditch effort just serve to help the mafia more than the town?

For the last time: I am not scum.

You have 1 vote on you. Crack a beer and watch some porn dude.
Your role won't be revealed.
Role claiming to avoid a lynch works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. In this setup you could claim to be Winston Churchill's dog and we wouldn't know until after the game.
If you do wish to reveal your role to avoid a lynch odds are you'll be shot that night anyways.


Role reveals in a no-flip game only cause wifom, and my policy is going to be to ignore them as far as making decisions, if someone has claimed I will check out their claim, only if after we pop our reveal power we find out that all the mafia are still amongst us. So yeah, claiming in a no flip game is not useful, and as far as I am concerned will not serve to deter the lynch


How will you check them? Did you just claim dt?



Check as in look back over it, not as in check them at night. Basically I'm saying that I'll ignore the claim until after their death, if and only if after we pop the power we find all the mafia to be amongst us. does that clear it up?
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 16:14 GMT
#128
Orange, your analysis of green seems to me at least as much bullshit as green's analysis of red. Also, your strategy of voting for people one at a time until they post is ridiculous if you change your vote as soon as they post any random garbage. This is no pressure at all.
Protoss is playing so bad I have a hard time pinning him as either town or mafia. I don't want to hear any claims this early in the game.
I'm voting red. He has been useless so far and yellow made a good point. You jumping into his defense has intrigued me.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 27 2011 16:19 GMT
#129
On April 28 2011 01:14 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your analysis of green seems to me at least as much bullshit as green's analysis of red. Also, your strategy of voting for people one at a time until they post is ridiculous if you change your vote as soon as they post any random garbage. This is no pressure at all.
Protoss is playing so bad I have a hard time pinning him as either town or mafia. I don't want to hear any claims this early in the game.
I'm voting red. He has been useless so far and yellow made a good point. You jumping into his defense has intrigued me.

If we're using useless as a baseline for our votes I'd have to say terran1 wins that race.
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 27 2011 16:26 GMT
#130
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 16:29 GMT
#131
Terran1 has not posted yet. Being inactive is a null tell. Being active while pretending to be usefull while posting nothing of value is a scum tell.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 16:32 GMT
#132
Zerg, why are you instant bandwagoning all my votes? I can't say I dissagree with your logic, because you are voting the same as me, but I'd like a bit more content from you instead of mindlessly following all my votes.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 27 2011 16:43 GMT
#133
On April 28 2011 01:29 Blue1 wrote:
Terran1 has not posted yet. Being inactive is a null tell. Being active while pretending to be usefull while posting nothing of value is a scum tell.

He has one post regarding when to use our reveal power. In that post he said he played in RoL's first exp game so he should be well aware of RoL's activity requirements. I am assuming that his is an issue of real life happenings and not being able to put in the time up to this point. I was not necessarily pointing an fos at him. However his inactivity either through lurking or an inability to get online does become an issue for us. At some point we will be forced to address it if it continues. If it does continue I'd rather deal with it today than in a lylo situation.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 16:51 GMT
#134
RoL, if a player doesn't vote, are you going to modkill?
green2
Profile Joined April 2011
21 Posts
April 27 2011 18:55 GMT
#135
On April 28 2011 01:26 Zerg1 wrote:
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.


I'm Sheriff.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 18:59 GMT
#136
On April 28 2011 01:14 Blue1 wrote:
Also, your strategy of voting for people one at a time until they post is ridiculous if you change your vote as soon as they post any random garbage. This is no pressure at all.


I think you aren't fully seeing my startegy, yes I do let off as soon as they post something, this is because later I can hold them to "you clearly saw the thread, you even posted _______ yet you failed to contribute" when building an argument, or if they actually posted well then I can commend them for it, let them post a one line spam of garbage to get my vote off them, I promise it will come back to haunt them, sooner rather than later.

That said, do you mind summarizing your argument against red? I see it as a "he is lurking" argument, which if is the case I am fine with, pressuring and even killing lurkers is fine by me. As I interpreted it you also want to lynch him because of the information it would reveal about my relationship with him? You realize that lynching for information is usually bad play right? Especially in a no flip game. If you are gunning for him for his inactivity/lurk then I can support that.

also Pink where the hell are you?
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 27 2011 20:48 GMT
#137
Pink is another issue we have to deal with.

RoL Can we request a mod kill?


It's going to suck hard if we have to use 2 lynches to get rid of inactives. Inactivity killed town in Exp 1

I have no intentions of losing due to the ambivalence of others.
yellow1
Profile Joined April 2011
26 Posts
April 27 2011 21:31 GMT
#138
I think you mean a replacement, not a mod kill, right?
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 21:45 GMT
#139
On April 28 2011 06:31 yellow1 wrote:
I think you mean a replacement, not a mod kill, right?


Its indifferent, as long as we get rid of the issue one way or another.

So it seems our lynch right now is split between red and pink, I'm going to stick with pink because the lack of posting bothers me immensely.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 21:59:16
April 27 2011 21:52 GMT
#140
On April 28 2011 01:51 Blue1 wrote:
RoL, if a player doesn't vote, are you going to modkill?

no, not immediately anyway. If someone is chronically missing votes by the end of the game I might consider giving them a ban, but overall I care about activity.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM1052
TKL 407
EnkiAlexander 31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1052
TKL 407
mouzHeroMarine 367
IndyStarCraft 209
BRAT_OK 52
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16521
Calm 2452
Horang2 355
Mini 161
Rush 99
EffOrt 80
Zeus 47
Trap 20
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
febbydoto7
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m4598
pashabiceps1773
Fnx 1504
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3290
Liquid`Hasu562
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1692
Beastyqt849
B2W.Neo509
C9.Mang0321
crisheroes201
Dewaltoss148
Trikslyr94
QueenE91
UpATreeSC56
JuggernautJason21
ZombieGrub0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
Algost 2
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade727
Other Games
• imaqtpie896
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 44m
INu's Battles
15h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 44m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.