• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6809 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
yellow1
Profile Joined April 2011
26 Posts
April 27 2011 21:54 GMT
#141
On April 28 2011 06:45 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 06:31 yellow1 wrote:
I think you mean a replacement, not a mod kill, right?


Its indifferent, as long as we get rid of the issue one way or another.

So it seems our lynch right now is split between red and pink, I'm going to stick with pink because the lack of posting bothers me immensely.


You mean it's irrelevant, but it's not. Mod kills are almost always town, meaning lylo comes faster.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 21:58:44
April 27 2011 21:56 GMT
#142
day will end at 05:00 GMT (+00:00)

Don't think this worked. Trying to use the time command, but I get 1am for me when the day ends at 12:00am EST. It also tells me my timezone is EDT, but it's EST. Maybe it will work for some of you.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Random4
Profile Joined April 2011
24 Posts
April 27 2011 21:57 GMT
#143
Still, I don't think a pure inactive is the best course. If pink or terran is mafia, I don't draw any pleasure lynching them. I'd rather aim for the active mafia if possible. I'm going to put my vote on red.
yellow1
Profile Joined April 2011
26 Posts
April 27 2011 21:59 GMT
#144
On April 28 2011 06:56 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
day will end at 05:00 GMT (+00:00)

Don't think this worked. Trying to use the time command, but I get 1am for me when the day ends at 12:00am EST. It also tells me my timezone is EDT, but it's EST. Maybe it will work for some of you.


Works for me.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 22:00 GMT
#145
On April 28 2011 06:54 yellow1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 06:45 Orange2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 06:31 yellow1 wrote:
I think you mean a replacement, not a mod kill, right?


Its indifferent, as long as we get rid of the issue one way or another.

So it seems our lynch right now is split between red and pink, I'm going to stick with pink because the lack of posting bothers me immensely.


You mean it's irrelevant, but it's not. Mod kills are almost always town, meaning lylo comes faster.


Not in this case though. We have 12 players, as a rule of thumb and even numbers of players gets to lylo as quickly as an even number -1 players do.

With 12 players

12-1 lynch = 11 at night 1 start
11-2 night kills = 9 at day 2 start
9-1 lynch = 8 at night 2 start
8-2 night kills = 6 at day 3 start = lylo with two mafia

With 1 modkill
12-1 lynch - 1 modkill = 10 at night 1 start
10-2 night kills = 8 at day 2 start
8-1 lynch = 7 at night 2 start
7-2 night kills = 5 at day 3 start = lylo with two mafia

so really if it came down to it we could afford a modkill, either way its a moot point RoL said we aren't getting any.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 22:26 GMT
#146
On April 28 2011 03:59 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 01:14 Blue1 wrote:
Also, your strategy of voting for people one at a time until they post is ridiculous if you change your vote as soon as they post any random garbage. This is no pressure at all.


I think you aren't fully seeing my startegy, yes I do let off as soon as they post something, this is because later I can hold them to "you clearly saw the thread, you even posted _______ yet you failed to contribute" when building an argument, or if they actually posted well then I can commend them for it, let them post a one line spam of garbage to get my vote off them, I promise it will come back to haunt them, sooner rather than later.

That said, do you mind summarizing your argument against red? I see it as a "he is lurking" argument, which if is the case I am fine with, pressuring and even killing lurkers is fine by me. As I interpreted it you also want to lynch him because of the information it would reveal about my relationship with him? You realize that lynching for information is usually bad play right? Especially in a no flip game. If you are gunning for him for his inactivity/lurk then I can support that.

also Pink where the hell are you?

I'm voting for red because I think he is scum. He has posted several times and has yet to make any contribution. His answer about him being lurking, then saying he was busy did not convince me. After your post, I began seing things from a different angle, but yellow's post made me question that yet again. I'm still torn between him and protoss, because he has not been active as soon as the pressure went off of him.
As for seing your reaction, I'm interested in the reactions of all other players, not just yours.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#147
I understand why people are leaning towards Red now as his posting history as been sporadic at best.

However, this early in the game I would prefer an active player over an inactive player. What's the point of keeping someone around if they're not going to contribute/play? Therefore,

##Unvote
##Vote: Pink2
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 22:31 GMT
#148
Also your first example is mylo and the second is lylo. You are assuming too much either way, as town has to have some power roles for this setup to be even close to balanced.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 22:32 GMT
#149
The point is winning the game. You have no info on pink2 so your chance of being right is 2/11.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 22:35 GMT
#150
I understand where you're coming from, but for me, as a noob, the point is playing the game. Winning will be a bonus. That is not to say I do not want to help the town win, of course. I'm just not convinced yet that Red is scum, and my vote has to go somewhere.

My vote is not set in stone, I will be waiting to see if/how Red defends himself.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 22:35 GMT
#151
On April 28 2011 07:31 Blue1 wrote:
Also your first example is mylo and the second is lylo. You are assuming too much either way, as town has to have some power roles for this setup to be even close to balanced.


I dont really see the point in distinguishing too much between mylo and lylo in either case a misvote loses us the game. As to assumptions, I'd rather act as if we didn't have any power roles and take anything they give us as a boon, rather than assuming we have them/they are actually going to achieve anything. Either way, I dont think there's any major point in arguing this, as RoL has said no one is being modkilled.

Still though activity levels are worrying.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 22:37 GMT
#152
On April 28 2011 07:35 Protoss1 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, but for me, as a noob, the point is playing the game. Winning will be a bonus. That is not to say I do not want to help the town win, of course. I'm just not convinced yet that Red is scum, and my vote has to go somewhere.

My vote is not set in stone, I will be waiting to see if/how Red defends himself.


Red isn't going to defend himself if he isn't preasured, it seems like pink isn't around anyway, and I want to see if red shows up and tries to defend himself, lets put on some real heat.

##Unvote
##Vote: Red
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 22:42 GMT
#153
Protoss we are letting you live in the off chance you have some kind of night super powers. If you derail this lynch by voting someone who already has a vote for no apparent reason, your ass is ours on day2. If your objective is to survive I sugest you start being useful to the town.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 22:47 GMT
#154
I'm confused.

On April 27 2011 00:46 Blue1 wrote:
Obvious bandwagoner is obvious.


Will you make up your mind? Earlier you were ready to vote me out because of the above. I could post against Red and keep my head down but at this point Red seems like an easy vote and I would like to hear from Pink while waiting for Red to respond. I am not trying to derail anything.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 22:49 GMT
#155
On April 28 2011 07:42 Blue1 wrote:
Protoss we are letting you live in the off chance you have some kind of night super powers. If you derail this lynch by voting someone who already has a vote for no apparent reason, your ass is ours on day2. If your objective is to survive I sugest you start being useful to the town.


Who is this "we" you speak of? Also, what "derailing"?

having two separate people up for lynch is good for us it means we'll have voting lists to analyze, I'd be a lot more suspicious if we all agreed on who to lynch, that would probably indicate that the mafia has no interest in defending them, hence they probably aren't scum, all these people eagerly jumping on pink over red are what made me consider his case more seriously.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 27 2011 22:59 GMT
#156
Protoss, and how is pink not an easy vote? I'm not telling you to vote for red. I'm telling you to vote for who you think is scum.
Orange, while I agree with you, I don't think you see the point here.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 27 2011 23:04 GMT
#157
This will be my 1 post in response to the votes on me as i think my time would be better spent looking for scum and pushing my prior suspicions. Im not scum. kill me if you must but move forward with the knowledge that you have lynched a townie.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 27 2011 23:05 GMT
#158
On April 28 2011 08:04 red2 wrote:
This will be my 1 post in response to the votes on me as i think my time would be better spent looking for scum and pushing my prior suspicions. Im not scum. kill me if you must but move forward with the knowledge that you have lynched a townie.


Poor defense. propose an alternate lynch then, and back it up please. Who do you think is scum and needs nice little shove into the incinerator?
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 23:06 GMT
#159
I am not confident enough yet to know who are scum, that's the problem. So if I'm forced to vote I'd rather it be someome who isn't playing until I hear enough from someone to feel, "Ok, they have definitely given themselves away." I haven't felt that yet.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 27 2011 23:07 GMT
#160
Er, while I was writing the above, Red posted. Now I'm not as sure...
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings110
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft326
ByuN 270
RuFF_SC2 156
ViBE95
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2322
GuemChi 1371
MaD[AoV]228
Sharp 189
910 63
Bale 16
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 751
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox874
Other Games
summit1g8960
Day[9].tv798
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0350
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick817
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• EnkiAlexander 53
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo531
Other Games
• Day9tv798
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 24m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.