• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7032 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 15:38 GMT
#41
Activity will not make itself, I will not allow this experiment to yield suboptimal results.

Please all vote Random with me to force him to post.

In order to encourage activity I will post some questions for discussion and a brief analysis

Questions:
1.) What is your number one scum tell? meaning what kind of post or style immediatly makes you think someone is scum
2.) what is your number one town tell?
3.) What is your favorite role and why?
4.) Do you love the companion cube?

I realize that these questions are not necessarily revealing in either direction, but they will generate information we can assimilate, it will also hopefully generate some controversy.

Also this post is extremely scummy
On April 27 2011 00:14 Protoss1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 20:51 Blue1 wrote:
I agree with orange's analysis on the usage of the town power. I supose we should start with random voting session.
##Vote: Protoss1
Until the next patch you have an unfair advantage.


No reason to vote for me... my warpgates are getting nerfed soon.

Good morning all. I'm new to this town and the lynching process, so I'm likely to follow along with whatever the majority decides until someone suspicious incriminates themselves.


it says that the subject does not wish to be removed from the experiment, and claims the subject will sheep with the majority, this is a clear sign of scum trying to blend in, and should be a cause of immediate scrutiny and pressure

FoS: Protoss1

Remember I will always be your faithful companion <3
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 15:46 GMT
#42
I see no reason to change my vote. Obvious bandwagoner is obvious.
As for the questions, the first 2 help scum way more than town. What's your reasoning behind this?
Questions 3 and 4:
3)Townie. I don't like the pressure of the other roles.
4)Yes.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 15:48 GMT
#43
On April 27 2011 00:46 Blue1 wrote:
I see no reason to change my vote. Obvious bandwagoner is obvious.
As for the questions, the first 2 help scum way more than town. What's your reasoning behind this?
Questions 3 and 4:
3)Townie. I don't like the pressure of the other roles.
4)Yes.


It was my objective to generate discussion and those were the first two questions generated. How do you think these help scum? What do you think would be a good substitute for these questions? Do you have any ideas of how we can encourage discussion?
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:00:57
April 26 2011 16:00 GMT
#44
wrong thread.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:07:48
April 26 2011 16:07 GMT
#45
There's no reason to mistake my openness as scum. We are all still getting to know each other. Why would I incriminate myself so early on? Obvious mafia is obvious? I am merely new to this process and would not want to point an ill-informed finger at someone with no solid evidence or experience to back it up.

Feel free to pressure me all you like, I have nothing to hide. I would hope you would not vote to lynch someone just because they are new to the town and its inner-workings.

Orange, I have no answer to your questions one and two. Unfortunately I do not have the experience to answer either question. If you interpret this as scum, so be it. My favorite role would be a Townie, because I like to be an observer rather than an integral role or deciding factor in the town's outcome. I do love the companion cube, however, I'm starting to get the feeling that it does not reciprocate.



Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 16:12 GMT
#46
If scum knows how the majority thinks, then it's easier for them to adapt. I think RVS is a good start for generating discussion. Pressuring the lurkers is a good way too. I don't have enough experience with the questions game to know how to make it effective.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 16:14 GMT
#47
On April 27 2011 01:07 Protoss1 wrote:
There's no reason to mistake my openness as scum. We are all still getting to know each other. Why would I incriminate myself so early on? Obvious mafia is obvious? I am merely new to this process and would not want to point an ill-informed finger at someone with no solid evidence or experience to back it up.

Feel free to pressure me all you like, I have nothing to hide. I would hope you would not vote to lynch someone just because they are new to the town and its inner-workings.

Orange, I have no answer to your questions one and two. Unfortunately I do not have the experience to answer either question. If you interpret this as scum, so be it. My favorite role would be a Townie, because I like to be an observer rather than an integral role or deciding factor in the town's outcome. I do love the companion cube, however, I'm starting to get the feeling that it does not reciprocate.



The companion cube loves everyone <3 and will never threaten to stab you.

However your assertion that town players are not integral to victory and are "observers" is entirely mistaken. Town players are as important as the so called power roles, one good, through analysis is worth as much if not more than a clutch medic save or a successful DT check. Do not underestimate the power of being a townie, and do not ever think of yourself of a bystander, if you are town it is your duty to take up the flag and be so good that the mafia team has no choice but to shoot you.

Also I believe editing is disallowed, at the very least it looks suspicious, please dont do it, it violates the integrity of the experiment.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 16:15 GMT
#48
I hate tunneling a player so early but protoss1 reeks of scum so much, I feel there's no way around it this game.
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 26 2011 16:16 GMT
#49
HI

ORANGE2 IS SCUM

GOODNIGHT
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 16:21 GMT
#50
It appears you are correct Orange, it was a minor edit but an edit nonetheless. I have re-read the town's rules and the mistake will not happen again. My apologies.

I am a bit surprised Blue is being so hostile so early on. I feel Blue is acting much more like "scum" than I am. He is pointing the finger without having even met everyone in the town yet. If you believe I am scum, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I personally would prefer we at least meet everyone before you start putting the noose around someone's neck.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 16:27 GMT
#51
On April 27 2011 00:38 Orange2 wrote:
Questions:
1.) What is your number one scum tell? meaning what kind of post or style immediatly makes you think someone is scum
2.) what is your number one town tell?
3.) What is your favorite role and why?
4.) Do you love the companion cube?

1) Being ott nice.
2) Not being on my scum list
3) I don't really know. Every time I've had a role or alignment other than vanilla townie I have either been lynched on day 1 or shot on night 1. So I suppose I'll have to say vanilla townie.
4) No.

And I already have a faithful companion.

On April 27 2011 01:16 Zerg1 wrote:
HI

ORANGE2 IS SCUM

GOODNIGHT

You may be correct however I'd like to hear why you think so.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 18:03:27
April 26 2011 18:02 GMT
#52
shit wow forgot to make the voting thread. Doing it now!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 18:14 GMT
#53
On April 27 2011 03:02 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
shit wow forgot to make the voting thread. Doing it now!

[image loading]
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 18:26 GMT
#54
On April 27 2011 01:21 Protoss1 wrote:
It appears you are correct Orange, it was a minor edit but an edit nonetheless. I have re-read the town's rules and the mistake will not happen again. My apologies.

I am a bit surprised Blue is being so hostile so early on. I feel Blue is acting much more like "scum" than I am. He is pointing the finger without having even met everyone in the town yet. If you believe I am scum, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I personally would prefer we at least meet everyone before you start putting the noose around someone's neck.

I'm being hostile because I don't like your kind in my town, scum. Why go out of your way and say "town's rules". This is a game of mafia and those are mafia's rules. You are making too much of an effort to be nice and appear town. Nice OMGUS by the way.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 18:33 GMT
#55
This is my first time of playing mafia on TL, the only thing I'm guilty of is being a noob. Sheesh.

I'm not "making an effort to appear nice," I'm just defending myself. I don't even know what OMGUS means, lol.

I could have just stayed silent like some other players are. I would think a smart mafia would want to stay under the radar as much as possible. Your argument could valid as well, that I'm being "too nice," but that's simply not the case.

I could have just had one post right now that read "OMG BLUE IS SCUM" but I'm making an effort to be active. If that gets me killed, then whatever. I'll be laughing from the grave if/when you find out my role, because assuming you're town, I'm most definitely on your side.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 18:35 GMT
#56
And I still think it's ignorant to have a mafia member pegged before you've even heard from everyone yet.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 18:50 GMT
#57
"niceness" and "meanness" don't compute into the behavioral protocols as scum or town tells, some subjects favor a more aggressive attitude (read, case study coagulation and jackal) while others prefer a "nicer" more laid back approach. Either way it reveals nothing about their alignment.

Again I think we need to hear more from the quieter members of the experiment. I understand the glare of the bright lights and the threat of imminent death can sometimes make people hesitant to speak, but it is important that we all participate in the discussion, for science.
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 26 2011 18:57 GMT
#58
CHANGED MY MIND, PROTOSS1 IS SCUM


On April 27 2011 01:21 Protoss1 wrote:
It appears you are correct Orange, it was a minor edit but an edit nonetheless. I have re-read the town's rules and the mistake will not happen again. My apologies.

I am a bit surprised Blue is being so hostile so early on. I feel Blue is acting much more like "scum" than I am. He is pointing the finger without having even met everyone in the town yet. If you believe I am scum, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I personally would prefer we at least meet everyone before you start putting the noose around someone's neck.


WISHY WASHY IS SCUM
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 18:59 GMT
#59
A list of subjects who are huddling in the corners shaking and/or weeping and/or yelling obscenities about our good friends the scientist. These subjects need to get over their fear of death/horrible pain/being experimented on and contribute to the experiment. (For science! ^_^)

red2
yellow1
pink2
green2
random4

that is 41.66% of the current sample size of the experiment, this is clearly an unacceptable number of subjects incapacitated, I suggest they gather their wits soon, before the scientists decide to test the current prototype of the Test Subject Remotivator, as I recall the basic design is surprisingly similar to that of a cattleprod, except with more sharp bits.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 19:04 GMT
#60
the Test Subject Remotivator Prototype 1.01 features diagram

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Coldzera 353
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g7314
JimRising 645
WinterStarcraft542
C9.Mang0175
ViBE128
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra897
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 20m
INu's Battles
7h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 20m
OSC
18h 35m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.