• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:35
CEST 04:35
KST 11:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6786 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 19:11 GMT
#61
Red2 reporting for duty
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 26 2011 19:18 GMT
#62
On April 27 2011 03:50 Orange2 wrote:
"niceness" and "meanness" don't compute into the behavioral protocols as scum or town tells, some subjects favor a more aggressive attitude (read, case study coagulation and jackal) while others prefer a "nicer" more laid back approach. Either way it reveals nothing about their alignment.

Again I think we need to hear more from the quieter members of the experiment. I understand the glare of the bright lights and the threat of imminent death can sometimes make people hesitant to speak, but it is important that we all participate in the discussion, for science.

I'm not mean.
Am I?
Sorry. I'll leave your experiment alone.
Life can only kill you once.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 19:26 GMT
#63
On April 27 2011 04:18 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 03:50 Orange2 wrote:
"niceness" and "meanness" don't compute into the behavioral protocols as scum or town tells, some subjects favor a more aggressive attitude (read, case study coagulation and jackal) while others prefer a "nicer" more laid back approach. Either way it reveals nothing about their alignment.

Again I think we need to hear more from the quieter members of the experiment. I understand the glare of the bright lights and the threat of imminent death can sometimes make people hesitant to speak, but it is important that we all participate in the discussion, for science.

I'm not mean.
Am I?
Sorry. I'll leave your experiment alone.


an unauthorized test subject! Quickly grab him, we needed a volunteer for the puzzle solving in extreme situations experiment! Ready the lava pumps!

(notice I said aggressive, not mean, new players often confuse an aggressive attitude with being mean, I dont think any players on this forum could be qualified as "mean")

That said, red, I'm glad you gathered your wits, you weeping was quite unsuited to your personality profile, the observing psychologist was having fits. What do you think of the current people who are speaking? Which of us do you see as most likely to be an anti-town subject? Most pro-town?

Speak up, remember that no matter what you say I will always be by your side, even as you are shoved into the incinerator.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 19:32 GMT
#64
also, in an attempt to get the attention of subject random4 I will now cast a vote against him. I urge him to stop screaming obscenities and pulling out his hair while yelling "not again, oh, god, why me? not again!" over and over and instead focus on the situation at hand, rather than pondering why some metaphysical entity that may or may not exist has caused him to be in this current situation.

##Vote: random4
Random4
Profile Joined April 2011
24 Posts
April 26 2011 19:44 GMT
#65
Shut up orange no one is going to listen to you.

We use the town power day 3, and forcing activity by putting a vote on someone before they get the chance to vote is a little shortsighted. I'm not lurking in the shadows, I just fuckin looked at the thread now.

Protoss is obviously new, if anything really sticks out as scummy from him at the moment, please quote it and post why. Zerg seems like a much better lynch, not because he posting aggressively in caps, but because of the lack of analyzable content in his posts. Now THAT is scummy, and it appears as if he is going to make that his "thing" in the thread. Not havin it bro. Change up your posting.

Voting zerg.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 19:46 GMT
#66
On April 27 2011 04:44 Random4 wrote:
Shut up orange no one is going to listen to you.

We use the town power day 3, and forcing activity by putting a vote on someone before they get the chance to vote is a little shortsighted. I'm not lurking in the shadows, I just fuckin looked at the thread now.

Protoss is obviously new, if anything really sticks out as scummy from him at the moment, please quote it and post why. Zerg seems like a much better lynch, not because he posting aggressively in caps, but because of the lack of analyzable content in his posts. Now THAT is scummy, and it appears as if he is going to make that his "thing" in the thread. Not havin it bro. Change up your posting.

Voting zerg.


whoa whoa relax bro. we want to build a positive town atmosphere. think happy thoughts.
Random4
Profile Joined April 2011
24 Posts
April 26 2011 19:52 GMT
#67
He wants to pressure someone who hasn't looked at the thread yet. I could understand that later in the day or in the game, but right now its unnecessary. No scum is going to keep intentionally quiet on the first day when a bad town usually focuses on who is not talking, and its safe to put townie thoughts in since everyone has trouble contributing that early.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 19:53 GMT
#68
On April 27 2011 04:44 Random4 wrote:
Protoss is obviously new, if anything really sticks out as scummy from him at the moment, please quote it and post why.


I appreciate the "vote" of confindence. Wanted to take this opportunity to take my foot out of my mouth and explain my "sheep" behavior seen here:

On April 27 2011 00:14 Protoss1 wrote:
I'm new to this town and the lynching process, so I'm likely to follow along with whatever the majority decides until someone suspicious incriminates themselves.


In hindsight I see why this was extremely scummy behavior. All I meant by it was that I am a new player and was not going to be the first one to call someone out as scum because I do not have the experience to back that claim up yet. You may view this as a mafia member trying to back pedal, but honestly, why would a mafia member come out of the gate looking so suspicious?

(Yes, I know you could argue that is what a mafia member would say if he's acting suspicious on purpose to throw people off... all I can say is that's just not the case, and I apologize for any confusion.)
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 19:55 GMT
#69
On April 27 2011 04:44 Random4 wrote:
Shut up orange no one is going to listen to you.

We use the town power day 3, and forcing activity by putting a vote on someone before they get the chance to vote is a little shortsighted. I'm not lurking in the shadows, I just fuckin looked at the thread now.

Protoss is obviously new, if anything really sticks out as scummy from him at the moment, please quote it and post why. Zerg seems like a much better lynch, not because he posting aggressively in caps, but because of the lack of analyzable content in his posts. Now THAT is scummy, and it appears as if he is going to make that his "thing" in the thread. Not havin it bro. Change up your posting.

Voting zerg.


"Internal Memo: Subject Random4 reacts poorly to being pressured, attempt to comfort him to keep psychological parameters within the delineated range"

No worries, we are all subjects of the same experiment here. No need to rage, I love all of you equaly ^_^ As to not lurking in the shadows, its notable that this is your first post, my internal dictionary certainly marks not posting at all as lurking, but then again I am but a humble weighted companion cube, perhaps my dictionary failed to account for an alternate definition of"not engaging in discussion".

Why do you want to use our power day 3? Concrete mathematical reasoning if you please, not "it worked out last time" I scientifically outlined why we would want to use it day 2.

All that covered, I agree with you that Zerg's attitude is most anti-town, and as soon as I'm done forcing the lurkers to stop cowering I will vote for him, assuming no better targets have presented themselves.

That said I achieved my principal goal with voting for you, onto threatening to incinerate the person rocking back and forth in the middle of the room sobbing.


##Unvote: random4
##Vote: green2
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 20:11 GMT
#70
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 26 2011 20:20 GMT
#71
On April 27 2011 05:11 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.



HE KNOWS HIS SHIT

NEWB MAFIA IS NEWB

NO EXCUSES FOR BEING SCUMMY
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 20:27 GMT
#72
Stuck in an experiment with a fruit that loves everybody right into the incinerator and a screaming zerg.
Ya this will be fun.
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 20:27 GMT
#73
On April 27 2011 05:11 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.


I am most definitely not useless, I assure you. I am also not scum.

I am voting for zerg1. Despite posting several times he has not contributed anything useful to the discussion thus far, and more than that, the tone/content of his posts is something I can live without for the remainder of this expirement.

##Vote: zerg1
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 26 2011 20:36 GMT
#74
On April 27 2011 05:11 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.


If it bothers you I'll tone it down, I'm not trying to make things difficult for anyone, but I will keep up some of it, because it amuses me. Sorry to be a bother. There was no need to attach suspicion to it, a "it bothers me, tone it down" would have been enough ^_^

I still love you, even if my persona bothers you <3
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 26 2011 20:47 GMT
#75
On April 27 2011 05:27 Protoss1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 05:11 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.


I am most definitely not useless, I assure you. I am also not scum.

I am voting for zerg1. Despite posting several times he has not contributed anything useful to the discussion thus far, and more than that, the tone/content of his posts is something I can live without for the remainder of this expirement.

##Vote: zerg1



Listen Up everyone

Scumhunting 101 Lesson: Protoss1

1. He posted apologetically right away.

2. Continues to make excuses and focus on unimportant things.

3. The biggest tell is that when pressured, he reacted by voting for the person who pressured him.

This is a good sign of a newb mafia, I wasn't going to seriously vote for you, but you are solidifying my case. I also pressured orange2, but he acted appropriately.

In this type of game, it's usually best to no lynch on day1, since a mislynch is very costly, but i'll stand by my vote of protoss1 for now.


Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 26 2011 20:57 GMT
#76
On April 27 2011 05:47 Zerg1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 05:27 Protoss1 wrote:
On April 27 2011 05:11 Blue1 wrote:
Orange, your on character behaviour is anoying and makes your posts unecessarily difficult to read for content. That makes you suspicious in my eyes.
As for protoss, he IS obviously new, but those are newbie mafia mistakes, not newbie town mistakes. He's either scum or useless so I stand by my vote to get him lynched.


I am most definitely not useless, I assure you. I am also not scum.

I am voting for zerg1. Despite posting several times he has not contributed anything useful to the discussion thus far, and more than that, the tone/content of his posts is something I can live without for the remainder of this expirement.

##Vote: zerg1



Listen Up everyone

Scumhunting 101 Lesson: Protoss1

1. He posted apologetically right away.

2. Continues to make excuses and focus on unimportant things.

3. The biggest tell is that when pressured, he reacted by voting for the person who pressured him.

This is a good sign of a newb mafia, I wasn't going to seriously vote for you, but you are solidifying my case. I also pressured orange2, but he acted appropriately.

In this type of game, it's usually best to no lynch on day1, since a mislynch is very costly, but i'll stand by my vote of protoss1 for now.




1. I apologized for what? Editing a post? Making a rookie mistake? Yes, I apologized for both of those. Maybe I should just make four word posts in caps and call it a constructive post?

2. The only "excuse" I have made is that I'm a noob, and that's more of an explanation than anything. I don't even know what you're referring to about "unimportant things" (?). The only thing I mentioned was that your posting style was annoying.

3. Incorrect. Blue1 is the individual who has been pressuring me thus far today, and I did not vote for him. I did not feel pressured by you at all.

What's sad is that the true mafia are sitting back right now laughing hysterically that I'm doing their job for them by not being as experienced in this game as others, it would seem. I urge you not to make a rash decision based off me being talkative and active. There are plenty of others who are flying completely under the radar right now or haven't even talked enough to form an opinion yet.


red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:02 GMT
#77
If I was scum right now I could totally just lay low and fly right under the radar while you guys fight amongst each other. Not a very good start IMO. I think we should be focused on inactive.
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 26 2011 21:03 GMT
#78
No lynch is terrible for town. The only way to kill mafia is to lynch. If we vote no lynch we only have a new day 1 all over again with one less townie.
Also Protoss1 hinting blue in two posts annoys me greatly and I don't see how this can be pro-town. I don't believe people, newbie or not, can be this naive.
red2
Profile Joined April 2011
18 Posts
April 26 2011 21:04 GMT
#79
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 26 2011 21:07 GMT
#80
On April 27 2011 06:04 red2 wrote:
Like i lurked for first 12 hours. popped in to say Hi when i was put on a list. made 1 post about how people should be nice and then went right back to lurking. If i can do it and get away with it then what makes you guys think mafia aren't doing it?

I'm sure they are.
##VOTE: red2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings110
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft326
ByuN 270
RuFF_SC2 156
ViBE95
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2322
GuemChi 1371
MaD[AoV]228
Sharp 189
910 63
Bale 16
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 751
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox874
Other Games
summit1g8960
Day[9].tv798
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0350
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick817
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• EnkiAlexander 53
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo531
Other Games
• Day9tv798
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 25m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.