• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10789 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 71

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 179 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 12 2011 04:34 GMT
#1401
On April 12 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
GM, who are you lynching again if you're elected mayor? Not ON but airbladeorange?


I'll let you choose, which one do you think is a better lynch? AO's posts are coming off as super scummy to me, but I have a personal bias towards ON as I liked him when we were a scumteam in factory mafia, and I think he is playing his usual poor town game.
Moderator
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:35 GMT
#1402
By the way I've looked through posts. Kavdragon has exactly 1 post that makes me think he might not be scum. I realize if I lynch him, was wrong, and he flips green, there will be a major shitstorm and mafia will probably mislead town into lynching me. Then we have 2 wasted lynches in a row, getting rid of two good town players, and town is fucked.

I will be lynching Barundar if elected. He is my #2 suspect and he has never shown any ability to be a town power player.
RIP Aaliyah
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:36 GMT
#1403
On April 12 2011 13:34 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:29 chaoser wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:26 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Mafia cannot be assassins

Mafia will not kill each other

an assassin mayors best play will be to try and direct lynches towards townies

He wants all 8 mafia shooting into the town as long as possible

he wants townies (some of which are his enemies) to die as quickly as possible

voting a known assassin into mayor will help scum

please point out a flaw in this logic if you can find one


Thats the flaw. Why would voting an assassin into office help mafia again?

The lines above the one you bolded are the explanation laid out in very simple terms

he WANTS TOWNIES TO DIE

it gets him closer to his win condition


And him not being elected will somehow change this? Townies are going to die whether he wants them to or not. It's not in his hands to control. At least in this situation we get to have control of TWO KP and he'll use his last on assassin.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:36 GMT
#1404
..
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:36 GMT
#1405
On April 12 2011 13:34 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
GM, who are you lynching again if you're elected mayor? Not ON but airbladeorange?


I'll let you choose, which one do you think is a better lynch? AO's posts are coming off as super scummy to me, but I have a personal bias towards ON as I liked him when we were a scumteam in factory mafia, and I think he is playing his usual poor town game.

I'm purple on airbladeorange. I wish we could PM each other but could you post a full case for him please? He's one of the few players I haven't analysed fully and if your case is good I'd consider lynching him over Bdar.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:36 GMT
#1406
On April 12 2011 13:34 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:32 jaminz wrote:
I realize I've been inactive for pretty much the entire game so far, and I don't really have a great excuse other than that I've been a bit busy lately. However, I'm working my way through the thread right now, and plan to be completely caught up by the end of the night.

I've only played one game of Mafia before (Haunted Mafia this past Halloween - put on by Doctor H), so I'm still fairly new to the game, but I'm doing what I can to take everything in. Thanks in advance for everyone being patient with me.


Claims he needs to catch up.

Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 08:49 jaminz wrote:
##Vote Doctor Helevetica


Voted DrH hours in advance

proof im scum
RIP Aaliyah
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 12 2011 04:37 GMT
#1407
On April 12 2011 13:30 BrownBear wrote:
Can we cut the allcaps posts please?

This is completely out of character, but since I'm shortly going to be seeing my first mafia election and complete my first mafia day 1, I just wanted to say thanks for hosting and thanks to the players regardless of affiliation. It's very neat.

I'm gonna go make some macaroni for this.
Who dat ninja?
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:37 GMT
#1408
DrH bias possibly. he does state he only played Haunted. (hosted by DrH)
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:37 GMT
#1409
I didn't even say that. I'm just pointing things that I see out, calm down a bit, go cool your socks off.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 12 2011 04:38 GMT
#1410
Dr.H, GMarshal and Aidnai have all said that I have been acting scummy.

This is based off of posts that stated obvious facts in an atempt to make not obvious things obvious to newer players. This IS helpful to the town. I will say it again, it is pro-town. It does NOT mean that I am town because I post it however. Scum can say stuff like that too. It does NOT mean that I am scum though. To this point in the game, those posts are the reason people have called me scum.

However, the stances I have taken, against Protact and Dr.H, are both definetly pro-town. Even Dr.H adimited that I had a good point when I told him to cool down with his posting. An Assassin in office has some upsides, but not enough to cover the down sides/risks. (Like a high likelihood of the assassin actually being scum)

I have played pro town this game. I'm not referring to my posts for noobs. I'm referring to my stances against Dr.H's aggressive and alienating play, my overall direction and goals for the town, and to some extent my stance against Protact.

I'm not 100% sure that GMarshal is town, but right now, it's him, Dr.H or Protact. That still not enough people running to keep Dr.H and Protact out of office. I'm still running for mayor. Laugh at me if you want, but look at my play, think for yourselves, and you'll see that it's not a ridiculous idea.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:38 GMT
#1411
My socks are pretty warm right now.

Well as far as I see it, there was a switch off Gmarshal to me (bandwagon gets split) and at the last second it goes back to GMarshal giving him the small push he needs to be mayor.

This is exactly how i ran my first scum mayor campaign. This is a WIFOM argument but if you think I'm scum because people switched votes to me, you should think GMarshal is scum for the same reason ; /
RIP Aaliyah
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:39 GMT
#1412
im running for mayor too
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
jaminz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States208 Posts
April 12 2011 04:39 GMT
#1413
On April 12 2011 13:34 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:32 jaminz wrote:
I realize I've been inactive for pretty much the entire game so far, and I don't really have a great excuse other than that I've been a bit busy lately. However, I'm working my way through the thread right now, and plan to be completely caught up by the end of the night.

I've only played one game of Mafia before (Haunted Mafia this past Halloween - put on by Doctor H), so I'm still fairly new to the game, but I'm doing what I can to take everything in. Thanks in advance for everyone being patient with me.


Claims he needs to catch up.

Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 08:49 jaminz wrote:
##Vote Doctor Helevetica


Voted DrH hours in advance


I'll be completely honest about that one, and you can ridicule me all you want for it: I was nervous that I'd be modkilled for not voting, and wanted to make sure I had a vote in before things got too out of hand so I voted for Dr. H. I know he knows how to play the game, and my gut said he was the one to pick.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" - The Great Bambino, The Sandlot
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:40 GMT
#1414
On April 12 2011 13:39 jaminz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:34 chaoser wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:32 jaminz wrote:
I realize I've been inactive for pretty much the entire game so far, and I don't really have a great excuse other than that I've been a bit busy lately. However, I'm working my way through the thread right now, and plan to be completely caught up by the end of the night.

I've only played one game of Mafia before (Haunted Mafia this past Halloween - put on by Doctor H), so I'm still fairly new to the game, but I'm doing what I can to take everything in. Thanks in advance for everyone being patient with me.


Claims he needs to catch up.

On April 12 2011 08:49 jaminz wrote:
##Vote Doctor Helevetica


Voted DrH hours in advance


I'll be completely honest about that one, and you can ridicule me all you want for it: I was nervous that I'd be modkilled for not voting, and wanted to make sure I had a vote in before things got too out of hand so I voted for Dr. H. I know he knows how to play the game, and my gut said he was the one to pick.

I knew it.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:40 GMT
#1415
On April 12 2011 13:38 Kavdragon wrote:
Dr.H, GMarshal and Aidnai have all said that I have been acting scummy.

This is based off of posts that stated obvious facts in an atempt to make not obvious things obvious to newer players. This IS helpful to the town. I will say it again, it is pro-town. It does NOT mean that I am town because I post it however. Scum can say stuff like that too. It does NOT mean that I am scum though. To this point in the game, those posts are the reason people have called me scum.

However, the stances I have taken, against Protact and Dr.H, are both definetly pro-town. Even Dr.H adimited that I had a good point when I told him to cool down with his posting. An Assassin in office has some upsides, but not enough to cover the down sides/risks. (Like a high likelihood of the assassin actually being scum)

I have played pro town this game. I'm not referring to my posts for noobs. I'm referring to my stances against Dr.H's aggressive and alienating play, my overall direction and goals for the town, and to some extent my stance against Protact.

I'm not 100% sure that GMarshal is town, but right now, it's him, Dr.H or Protact. That still not enough people running to keep Dr.H and Protact out of office. I'm still running for mayor. Laugh at me if you want, but look at my play, think for yourselves, and you'll see that it's not a ridiculous idea.

Again you contributed nothing with this post. The only goal of this post is to make yourself look as pro-town as possible when in fact I stated I was considering NOT lynching you, when most people have been supporting you, and I've fallen behind in the mayoral race.

I find it funny that you said those kind of posts you immediately realized are the best scumtell and that you'd stop doing them and start contributing, and now you're back with this kind of BS. It's really obvious kav.
RIP Aaliyah
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:40 GMT
#1416
THEN LYNCH HIM DrH?

why you lynch Barundar.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:42 GMT
#1417
On April 12 2011 13:40 Kenpachi wrote:
THEN LYNCH HIM DrH?

why you lynch Barundar.

Kavdragon has 1 post that came off as pro-town to me whereas Barundar has 0 and I am also pretty sure is scum.

The difference is if I'm wrong about Barundar, it's no huge loss to town. Kavdragon is a potential power player. The problem is not getting him now means he can probably weasel his way out of future lynches (see Pandain in Insane Mafia 1) .

So I'm a bit conflicted at the moment.
RIP Aaliyah
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:42 GMT
#1418
GM, I suggest lynching ON. He's been lurking all game.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
April 12 2011 04:43 GMT
#1419
It's very interesting to see how much panic there is at the thought of me getting office. I'm not the serial killer lol, I don't have to kill the town to lose. If I'm in office I actually want to lower mafia KP because I don't want my bodyguards dying because when that happens it's game over. But things are always a little deeper than they appear at the surface.

If you think about it, you'll actually find that really there isn't any way I can effectively screw town and win. So the only question is, will I screw over the town just because? No that would be stupid because playing against your win condition is a modkill offense. So basically your only other argument against me is that I might screw up the endgame (chaoser proved that was nonsense). Now, as I have established that I have no reason not to cooperate with the town, the question is, what does the town get from me being in office? Simple.

First of all, there is no suspicion against me of being mafia so you won't mislynch me. I won't even bother addressing anyone who insinuates that. Please consult a coach if you really think that and take whatever they say as the word of god. Secondly, you get 2 extra vigi shots and a fully public DT check, which totally breaks the blue balance (I imagine we should use them as a second lynch type vote during the day and I would shoot the highest pick). Town gets those benefits and loses what? The pardoner office dies when I leave the game? Who cares, town doesn't need pardoner.

Look closely at what people are saying. The anti-Protact rhetoric is inflammatory, panicky, and illogical.
And so, we find the Sublime.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 12 2011 04:44 GMT
#1420
On April 12 2011 13:36 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:34 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
GM, who are you lynching again if you're elected mayor? Not ON but airbladeorange?


I'll let you choose, which one do you think is a better lynch? AO's posts are coming off as super scummy to me, but I have a personal bias towards ON as I liked him when we were a scumteam in factory mafia, and I think he is playing his usual poor town game.

I'm purple on airbladeorange. I wish we could PM each other but could you post a full case for him please? He's one of the few players I haven't analysed fully and if your case is good I'd consider lynching him over Bdar.


Oh man, I would LOVE to see your "full" analyses of everyone else Dr.H.

I know that I may not have been playing the most obviously pro town game per say, but there's no f'ing way that after analyzing everyone, that I am your #1 scum read. I know you're better than that.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 184
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 351
TKL 314
ByuN 279
IndyStarCraft 184
Railgan 83
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi983
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1601
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt655
Mlord485
Khaldor466
olofmeister423
KnowMe326
crisheroes177
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 52m
OSC
6h 52m
Replay Cast
6h 52m
OSC
19h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.