• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6725 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 179 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 12 2011 04:22 GMT
#1381
On April 12 2011 13:19 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 12:54 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 12:53 kitaman27 wrote:
Hey look, the Protact supporters have come out of hiding. Your glorious leader has just returned in time.


Kita I think your supporters have to move their votes to me to make sure that the assassin dosn't get into the town elected roles.


Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 12:56 GMarshal wrote:
Damnit, I was hoping to be able to go to bed without having to fight for the town for another hour.

I am as always your immortal servant town, so I wont allow you to fuck up!



These two posts disturb me. The first one, says "Hey guys, switch votes to me so I can be mayor!", and the second is you trying to reaffirm your towniness. Honestly, these rub me the wrong way, and they look like you're trying to make some last bid to get into first place and secure the mayorship. It doesn't look like a town move, but more like scum trying to fear monger. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you in office now.


I dont care if you make me mayor, I prefer it ofcourse, what I dont want is an assassin in office, any assassin, someone who is confimed to be non-town, if you want to swap your vote to Dr.H do so with my blessing. But keep the elected roles in the hands of the town (no, I dont know Dr.H is town, but some people seem to have a town read on him, so I'll roll with it)
Moderator
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 12 2011 04:22 GMT
#1382
On April 12 2011 13:20 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:18 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:16 Kenpachi wrote:
mmm looks like something isnt going right. my vote on the wrong guy?


I dont think so, but I am partial to myself since I know my alignment, if you want theres a nice third party assassin that dosn't share our objectives who is just drooling over your vote as his life depends on it.

im against voting Protact cause 1. He has KP
2. Assassins will kill him instead of a townie.
3. A KP disperses from the game entirely
4. The Endgame is easier.


SEE KENPACHI GETS IT.
YOU OTHER GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:23 GMT
#1383
lol i understood it for like 40 pages.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:24 GMT
#1384
oh happy 5000 Coag!!!!!!!!!
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:25 GMT
#1385
On April 12 2011 13:22 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:20 Kenpachi wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:18 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:16 Kenpachi wrote:
mmm looks like something isnt going right. my vote on the wrong guy?


I dont think so, but I am partial to myself since I know my alignment, if you want theres a nice third party assassin that dosn't share our objectives who is just drooling over your vote as his life depends on it.

im against voting Protact cause 1. He has KP
2. Assassins will kill him instead of a townie.
3. A KP disperses from the game entirely
4. The Endgame is easier.


SEE KENPACHI GETS IT.
YOU OTHER GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW.


Everyone's so damn scared of this shit. If prot never came out we'd be in the same situation of assassins shooting into the crowd. What's the difference with him in office? We get to use his powers, assassins will still be shooting into the crowd. His positives outweigh his negatives. By far in my opinion.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 12 2011 04:26 GMT
#1386
Haha awesome 5k.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 12 2011 04:26 GMT
#1387
Mafia cannot be assassins

Mafia will not kill each other

an assassin mayors best play will be to try and direct lynches towards townies

He wants all 8 mafia shooting into the town as long as possible

he wants townies (some of which are his enemies) to die as quickly as possible

voting a known assassin into mayor will help scum

please point out a flaw in this logic if you can find one
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 12 2011 04:26 GMT
#1388
On April 12 2011 13:21 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:18 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:16 Kenpachi wrote:
mmm looks like something isnt going right. my vote on the wrong guy?


I dont think so, but I am partial to myself since I know my alignment, if you want theres a nice third party assassin that dosn't share our objectives who is just drooling over your vote as his life depends on it.


See there it is again. You've NEVER antagonized and vilified someone like that before. Your posts are usually just straight talk express. This game I've been getting weird vibes. Hope you ain't pulling a McCain.


You are right, sorry I am losing my temper and I should control myself better, this is the type of posts I told myself I wouldn't make, ever. It just angers me that you can't seem to see why protac is a bad choice, it just makes no sense.

Apolgies for the anger I am radiating, I'll control myself from here on out. If people want to vote for Pro then they should feel free to, both our sides have been stated and saying anymore is a waste ob breath.

Once again sorry if I vilified or slandered anyone, I'm not trying to ruin the town environment that I agreed with kav we should have.
Moderator
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:26 GMT
#1389
On April 12 2011 13:25 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:22 Coagulation wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:20 Kenpachi wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:18 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:16 Kenpachi wrote:
mmm looks like something isnt going right. my vote on the wrong guy?


I dont think so, but I am partial to myself since I know my alignment, if you want theres a nice third party assassin that dosn't share our objectives who is just drooling over your vote as his life depends on it.

im against voting Protact cause 1. He has KP
2. Assassins will kill him instead of a townie.
3. A KP disperses from the game entirely
4. The Endgame is easier.


SEE KENPACHI GETS IT.
YOU OTHER GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW.


Everyone's so damn scared of this shit. If prot never came out we'd be in the same situation of assassins shooting into the crowd. What's the difference with him in office? We get to use his powers, assassins will still be shooting into the crowd. His positives outweigh his negatives. By far in my opinion.

Yea but he did come out.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 12 2011 04:27 GMT
#1390
On April 12 2011 13:25 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:22 Coagulation wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:20 Kenpachi wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:18 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 13:16 Kenpachi wrote:
mmm looks like something isnt going right. my vote on the wrong guy?


I dont think so, but I am partial to myself since I know my alignment, if you want theres a nice third party assassin that dosn't share our objectives who is just drooling over your vote as his life depends on it.

im against voting Protact cause 1. He has KP
2. Assassins will kill him instead of a townie.
3. A KP disperses from the game entirely
4. The Endgame is easier.


SEE KENPACHI GETS IT.
YOU OTHER GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW.


Everyone's so damn scared of this shit. If prot never came out we'd be in the same situation of assassins shooting into the crowd. What's the difference with him in office? We get to use his powers, assassins will still be shooting into the crowd. His positives outweigh his negatives. By far in my opinion.


He has a NON TOWN WIN CONDITION.

ITS CALLED A CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 12 2011 04:27 GMT
#1391
oh ya, The person who says KENPACHI COAG LW AND GMARSHAL ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLL PART OF THE SCUM TEAM

is guaranteed scum
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 12 2011 04:28 GMT
#1392
Coag, please, enough, the arguments have been played out, no need to lose your temper. Just keep a good eye on the people who vote pro.

Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:29 GMT
#1393
On April 12 2011 13:26 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Mafia cannot be assassins

Mafia will not kill each other

an assassin mayors best play will be to try and direct lynches towards townies

He wants all 8 mafia shooting into the town as long as possible

he wants townies (some of which are his enemies) to die as quickly as possible

voting a known assassin into mayor will help scum

please point out a flaw in this logic if you can find one


Thats the flaw. Why would voting an assassin into office help mafia again?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#1394
On April 12 2011 12:57 Coagulation wrote:
LOL MAFIA PROCT LAST MINUTE BANDWAGON ISNT SO LAST MINUTE ANYMORE LOLZ

Because he isn't mafia probably. Mafia has no real incentive, I don't think they want to see him as pardoner. His check could be really troublesome.

I find it amusing that people think I'm scum simply because I pulled ahead after rationalizing my posting and making good points. So if the later switches from GMarshal to me scummy, aren't late switches from me to GMarshal scummy?

Oh it isn't scummy. It's all WIFOM. People change their minds, peoples idea of best candidate will change. Let's focus scumhunting on how we actually catch scum:

1. Posting behavior
2. lynching scum -> hindsight analysis

Please and thank you.
RIP Aaliyah
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#1395
Can we cut the allcaps posts please?
SUNSFANNED
jaminz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States208 Posts
April 12 2011 04:32 GMT
#1396
I realize I've been inactive for pretty much the entire game so far, and I don't really have a great excuse other than that I've been a bit busy lately. However, I'm working my way through the thread right now, and plan to be completely caught up by the end of the night.

I've only played one game of Mafia before (Haunted Mafia this past Halloween - put on by Doctor H), so I'm still fairly new to the game, but I'm doing what I can to take everything in. Thanks in advance for everyone being patient with me.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" - The Great Bambino, The Sandlot
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:32 GMT
#1397
GM, who are you lynching again if you're elected mayor? Not ON but airbladeorange?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 12 2011 04:34 GMT
#1398
On April 12 2011 13:26 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Mafia cannot be assassins

Mafia will not kill each other

an assassin mayors best play will be to try and direct lynches towards townies

He wants all 8 mafia shooting into the town as long as possible

he wants townies (some of which are his enemies) to die as quickly as possible

voting a known assassin into mayor will help scum

please point out a flaw in this logic if you can find one

It doesn't really matter what he wants because we have the upper hand. He has to direct his hits and his check the way we want it, or he gets lynched. That is what he trades in return for protection which gives him a huge leg up in this assassin game. Considering I am already pretty sure of who at least one other assassin is, someone as meticulous as Protactinium should be able to figure it out as well.

My wager, if he gets pardoner, is he must use his check ASAP in a manner we agree upon. He has agreed to use his powers to serve the town.

I would say who I think the other assassins are, but I don't want protactinium to win too quickly, if he wins that is.
RIP Aaliyah
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 12 2011 04:34 GMT
#1399
On April 12 2011 13:29 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 13:26 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Mafia cannot be assassins

Mafia will not kill each other

an assassin mayors best play will be to try and direct lynches towards townies

He wants all 8 mafia shooting into the town as long as possible

he wants townies (some of which are his enemies) to die as quickly as possible

voting a known assassin into mayor will help scum

please point out a flaw in this logic if you can find one


Thats the flaw. Why would voting an assassin into office help mafia again?

The lines above the one you bolded are the explanation laid out in very simple terms

he WANTS TOWNIES TO DIE

it gets him closer to his win condition
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 12 2011 04:34 GMT
#1400
On April 12 2011 13:32 jaminz wrote:
I realize I've been inactive for pretty much the entire game so far, and I don't really have a great excuse other than that I've been a bit busy lately. However, I'm working my way through the thread right now, and plan to be completely caught up by the end of the night.

I've only played one game of Mafia before (Haunted Mafia this past Halloween - put on by Doctor H), so I'm still fairly new to the game, but I'm doing what I can to take everything in. Thanks in advance for everyone being patient with me.


Claims he needs to catch up.

On April 12 2011 08:49 jaminz wrote:
##Vote Doctor Helevetica


Voted DrH hours in advance
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 133
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi807
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli972
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
OSC
10h 15m
Replay Cast
10h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.