• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:56
CEST 13:56
KST 20:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8376 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 60

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 179 Next
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 22:38 GMT
#1181
If you plan on leaving/being replaced maybe pm the host so he notices.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 22:39 GMT
#1182
I'm going to lynch Kavdragon
RIP Aaliyah
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
April 11 2011 22:39 GMT
#1183
GM, what makes you say tackster was town?

Good on you for quitting tackster. On to a healthier, nicer smelling future!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 11 2011 22:41 GMT
#1184
On April 12 2011 07:39 aidnai wrote:
GM, what makes you say tackster was town?

Good on you for quitting tackster. On to a healthier, nicer smelling future!



Hopefully you'll find someone that can replace me rather than lose a green altogther...


He said he was green in his goodbye post.
Moderator
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
April 11 2011 22:42 GMT
#1185
On April 12 2011 07:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm going to lynch Kavdragon


yeah, i'm not sticking my neck out for that guy anymore -_-

"yeah, I had a plan that involved contributing without contributing but now i see the folly of my ways and I'll now seem like I'm really going to contribute and my plan was good at heart but i just didn't foresee everything but look at me contributing see how long my posts are i must be protown"
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
April 11 2011 22:43 GMT
#1186
On April 12 2011 07:41 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 07:39 aidnai wrote:
GM, what makes you say tackster was town?

Good on you for quitting tackster. On to a healthier, nicer smelling future!



Show nested quote +
Hopefully you'll find someone that can replace me rather than lose a green altogther...


He said he was green in his goodbye post.

oh well that proves it lol
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 22:45 GMT
#1187
On April 12 2011 07:43 aidnai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 07:41 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 07:39 aidnai wrote:
GM, what makes you say tackster was town?

Good on you for quitting tackster. On to a healthier, nicer smelling future!



Hopefully you'll find someone that can replace me rather than lose a green altogther...


He said he was green in his goodbye post.

oh well that proves it lol

if i were mafia leaving thats exactly what i would say "i was just a worthless townie anyway" or smth like that

doesnt mean jack
RIP Aaliyah
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 11 2011 22:46 GMT
#1188
About 6 hours left until the end of Day 1, and I just wanted to say a couple things:

First, swaps. A few people are looking to be replaced in game, so if you're on the replacement list and read this, PM me telling me if you'd like to swap in. Right now, Pandain, Lanaia, and Tackster all require replacing.

Second, after today, voting for yourself will no longer be allowed. It's okay to vote for yourself as mayor, but voting for yourself to be lynched is stupid.

Enjoy the home stretch of campaigning!
SUNSFANNED
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 22:46 GMT
#1189
On April 12 2011 07:42 aidnai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 07:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm going to lynch Kavdragon


yeah, i'm not sticking my neck out for that guy anymore -_-

"yeah, I had a plan that involved contributing without contributing but now i see the folly of my ways and I'll now seem like I'm really going to contribute and my plan was good at heart but i just didn't foresee everything but look at me contributing see how long my posts are i must be protown"

hes playing a lot like whatshisname in salem mafia where he said "yeah i promise im gonna contribute and scumhunt guys im totally ready to scumhunt" and just never did it

and he was mafia
RIP Aaliyah
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 11 2011 22:49 GMT
#1190
On April 12 2011 07:37 aidnai wrote:
EBWODP
@ Kav: come at me bro


You always think I'm scum, regardless. I have posted contributory stuff, I was even the first person to post analysis. I'm unfortunetly not as graced with words as Dr.H is, so he stomped all over me. I still think he's scum.

This is my stance on Dr.H:

He did a ton of really hyper agressive play at the beginning, and it put many townies off. Quite honestly, I think that this explains why noobs are voting for GMarshal. They don't want Dr.H.

Dr.H defended himself saying that his plan was to cause havoc so that he could have more information to analyse. He said that the ends justify the means.

This is wrong. If you knock out half the town by stomping on them, just to get better reads that half of the town is less likely to participate. He is increasing his proformance level at the cost of others. This is unacceptable in a situation where mafia can just kill him, and then we have a town with a net loss.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 11 2011 22:51 GMT
#1191

My Thoughts on the Game



First and foremost, the spam needs to come down. We need to be able to read through this thread to scum hunt, and the amount of spam is making it really hard to read. Obviously a good idea, right? So why is everyone still spamming? A few people on the top of my spam list are

RedFF (For posting a lot of lists pointing at people, and asking tons of questions of people, but not actually contributing as much)

Gmarshal (For posting more than is healthy. I know that you have a lot of things to say, but when you have that much to say you need to learn how to condense it. You don't have to reply to every single person when almost everyone is talking to you.)

Dr.H (Not bad like RedFF, but in the similar vein as GMarshal, I think that you can condense what you are saying. If there are three people who say something scummy, wait a bit, then put your responses into the same post or something.)


I don't think anyone is used to having 50 pages to analyse by day one. I'm certainly not. I've often been told that it's useless to analyse on day one, and I've disagreed with it before. As daunting a task as it is, I agree with Dr.H that there's plenty of material to get started on. Sure it won't be as reliable as the material that we will have by day 3/4, but there's no better time to start analyzing than NOW.

If you wait, it won't happen, so I'm going to ask EVERYONE, even those who are bad at it, to try thier hand. By this time, the only people who don't have scum reads are scum. Take someone who you think is scummy, and analyse them.

Right now my main concern will be inactive/lurker types, because they are the higher priority for lynching.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 11 2011 22:52 GMT
#1192
On April 12 2011 07:25 tnkted wrote:
Then make the pardoner save your first lynch. Its been suggested several times before. It would solve your problem entirely and would only cost us a lynch that is probably going to be town anyway.

I have to go to class, i'll respond ot other points when i get back.


So...we should just not lynch day 1 and allow mafia 4 free kills?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 22:57 GMT
#1193
On April 12 2011 07:51 Kavdragon wrote:

My Thoughts on the Game



First and foremost, the spam needs to come down. We need to be able to read through this thread to scum hunt, and the amount of spam is making it really hard to read. Obviously a good idea, right? So why is everyone still spamming? A few people on the top of my spam list are

RedFF (For posting a lot of lists pointing at people, and asking tons of questions of people, but not actually contributing as much)

Gmarshal (For posting more than is healthy. I know that you have a lot of things to say, but when you have that much to say you need to learn how to condense it. You don't have to reply to every single person when almost everyone is talking to you.)

Dr.H (Not bad like RedFF, but in the similar vein as GMarshal, I think that you can condense what you are saying. If there are three people who say something scummy, wait a bit, then put your responses into the same post or something.)


I don't think anyone is used to having 50 pages to analyse by day one. I'm certainly not. I've often been told that it's useless to analyse on day one, and I've disagreed with it before. As daunting a task as it is, I agree with Dr.H that there's plenty of material to get started on. Sure it won't be as reliable as the material that we will have by day 3/4, but there's no better time to start analyzing than NOW.

If you wait, it won't happen, so I'm going to ask EVERYONE, even those who are bad at it, to try thier hand. By this time, the only people who don't have scum reads are scum. Take someone who you think is scummy, and analyse them.

Right now my main concern will be inactive/lurker types, because they are the higher priority for lynching.

wowwowowowowowowwwwwww
RIP Aaliyah
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 22:58 GMT
#1194
On April 12 2011 07:51 Kavdragon wrote:

My Thoughts on the Game



First and foremost, the spam needs to come down. We need to be able to read through this thread to scum hunt, and the amount of spam is making it really hard to read. Obviously a good idea, right? So why is everyone still spamming? A few people on the top of my spam list are

RedFF (For posting a lot of lists pointing at people, and asking tons of questions of people, but not actually contributing as much)

Gmarshal (For posting more than is healthy. I know that you have a lot of things to say, but when you have that much to say you need to learn how to condense it. You don't have to reply to every single person when almost everyone is talking to you.)

Dr.H (Not bad like RedFF, but in the similar vein as GMarshal, I think that you can condense what you are saying. If there are three people who say something scummy, wait a bit, then put your responses into the same post or something.)


I don't think anyone is used to having 50 pages to analyse by day one. I'm certainly not. I've often been told that it's useless to analyse on day one, and I've disagreed with it before. As daunting a task as it is, I agree with Dr.H that there's plenty of material to get started on. Sure it won't be as reliable as the material that we will have by day 3/4, but there's no better time to start analyzing than NOW.

If you wait, it won't happen, so I'm going to ask EVERYONE, even those who are bad at it, to try thier hand. By this time, the only people who don't have scum reads are scum. Take someone who you think is scummy, and analyse them.

Right now my main concern will be inactive/lurker types, because they are the higher priority for lynching.


I get your point about spamming, i will try to tone it down. Sorry if I'm spamming a lot, just trying to learn/catch scum. That said, this post doesn't really have any content.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 22:59 GMT
#1195
^correct

what else does it do "EVERYONE NEEDS TO SCUMHUNT RALLY AROUND MY GREAT IDEALS WHILE I CONTRIBUTE NOTHING"

i remember that dudes name. Radfield! Read his posts in Salem Mafia! That's exactly what kav's doing rn
RIP Aaliyah
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 11 2011 23:02 GMT
#1196
Got home from school so I actually have the time to post some stuff now.

Firstly, FOS RedFF.

You're putting way too much emphasis on the relations between votes and alignment. After a single vote, I don't think it's very telling at all, and isn't really indicative of alignment. So while you might get some useful information from voting patterns down the road, I don't think you'll net the whole scum team by just looking at who's voting for GMarshal. All you're serving to do now is spread fear and confuse people. Also, your tunneling of Monster seems odd to me.

GMarshal I think it's silly to lynch the pardoner - If we want rid of the role completely, try and vote a green in and get him to pardon one of the early lynches (perhaps the first one where we aren't sure of our lynch victim, probably the day 1 lynch). This gets rid of the pardon whilst still protecting a probable green. If mafia obtain one of the positions, and don't block the lynch, then we can lynch on the next turn in the knowledge that we're definitely lynching scum that time. Please do not consider lynching the pardoner purely to get rid of the pardon. There is no reason to.


Pardoning an early lynch isn't a good idea if it's for no particular use. This is for one of the same reasons I wouldn't want a black mayor. If we're forced to pardon, or to policy lynch, this early in the game, all it does is give scum another chance to shoot 4 kp into the town, and if we do it on day 2, it give assassins another chance to shoot too. So that's 8-14 KP for only one lynch or no lynch at all. And, in thinking about it, the pardon doesn't seem to have much use at all for town.

If we could agree on a lynch target for today, one thing we could try to do, is vote in one mayor, and then vote our lynch target in as pardoner. Then the mayor just lynches the "pardoner", who was the original lynch target. This way, we kill the same player and get rid of the decidedly anti-town pardoner at the same time.

If the pardoner pardons near the start of the game, can we still lynch him?
you gotta dance
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
April 11 2011 23:04 GMT
#1197
I am trusting Doc. H alot more now. after what i have seen him posting. But i tend to trust Gmarshal more because this is exactly how he played in 37 albeit a little more aggresive this game but not much. I think that we should have G as Mayor and Doc H as pardoner. Or Doc H as Mayor and G as Pardoner. I would be fine with either of those. Just noticed that they were tied so i think im going to put Doc H as mayor.
##unvote Gmarshal
##Vote Doctor Helevetica
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
M0nsterChef
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada67 Posts
April 11 2011 23:05 GMT
#1198
On April 12 2011 07:58 redFF wrote:

I get your point about spamming, i will try to tone it down. Sorry if I'm spamming a lot, just trying to learn/catch scum. That said, this post doesn't really have any content.


And by catching scum do you mean making multiple posts asking about lynching me and ON?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 23:07 GMT
#1199
yeah im feeling really bad about redFF right now but what purpose doeshe really have to tunnel ON and m0nsterchef so hard if he's mafia.

his actions don't really make sense from either alignment to me (but I assume everyone is good, my main error) but he's made a lot of points I agree with so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. IMO redFF would make a great DT check.

Here's one of the few times I'll give advice for blues in this game.

DETECTIVES FUCKING READ THIS
RIP Aaliyah
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 11 2011 23:08 GMT
#1200
On April 12 2011 08:02 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
This is for one of the same reasons I wouldn't want a black mayor.


...what? I'm sorry I'm still trying to learn how to play this game but... what does skin color have to do with anything. That's just being racist =/
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 725
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko418
OGKoka 227
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52915
Calm 3804
Shuttle 2136
Bisu 1161
FanTaSy 1027
firebathero 375
Zeus 340
Hyuk 277
Stork 248
actioN 228
[ Show more ]
Soma 220
Mini 201
Rush 170
Soulkey 150
EffOrt 136
Last 136
Light 132
ZerO 91
Snow 85
Mong 76
Dewaltoss 67
Pusan 60
JYJ 46
Free 41
Killer 41
NotJumperer 38
Bale 37
Barracks 33
Shinee 30
hero 29
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 25
Noble 25
yabsab 23
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Aegong 19
PianO 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5202
Dendi536
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1392
kRYSTAL_48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns36366
singsing1941
B2W.Neo530
crisheroes255
DeMusliM203
Livibee59
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
OSC
10h 19m
Replay Cast
11h 4m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.