• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:48
CEST 08:48
KST 15:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8661 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 179 Next
Robellicose
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England245 Posts
April 10 2011 18:40 GMT
#641
Lanaia that post hurt my brain. So many square brackets...

Anyways, after rethinking a little more, I have to apologise to Protact, as I definitely don't want an assassin mayor. Whilst it's an intriguing idea, I also don't want to run the risk of an assassin pardoner, as there is no guaranteed return for the town there - any action by the pardoner, by definition of his pardoning ability, will not be easily questioned by town. A scum bandwagon vote could be claimed, his personal believe in the lynchee's innocence could be claimed.. etc. etc.

In short, as coag has pointed out, there is no way you'd want to stop a lynch (except if it was your bodyguard) and it would be extremely difficult for us to call you on a lack of a pardon. I don't believe assassins should receive votes for the mayoral campaign.

Portentious and Pretentious
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:41 GMT
#642
On April 11 2011 03:34 GMarshal wrote:
Alright protact I see you points, I'm not going to vote for you, but I won't actively oppose you either. I do not think you have the town's best interests at heart and I think that your whole "I'm in it for the glory" spiel is an attempt to manipulate the town. But you *are* one of the best analysts around, and I wouldn't object to having you by my side as a pardoner, assuming you actually wanted to help the town. Frankly I'm torn so I think it best to let the town choose

Regarding my "I'll lynch the most inactive player" I think I'm going to redact that to "I'll lynch the player who I feel is lurking the most" by lurking I mean posting content-less posts while trying to appear pro town. Is that ok with everyone? Or would you guys prefer if I just hit the most inactive person?


why don't you think for yourself and lynch the person you think is scummiest instead of doing what the "town" (i.e mafia) wants you to do

th emayor should not consider what the town thinks or wants. nevermind im not gonna vote for you
RIP Aaliyah
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 10 2011 18:42 GMT
#643
On April 11 2011 03:34 GMarshal wrote:
Alright protact I see you points, I'm not going to vote for you, but I won't actively oppose you either. I do not think you have the town's best interests at heart and I think that your whole "I'm in it for the glory" spiel is an attempt to manipulate the town. But you *are* one of the best analysts around, and I wouldn't object to having you by my side as a pardoner, assuming you actually wanted to help the town. Frankly I'm torn so I think it best to let the town choose

Regarding my "I'll lynch the most inactive player" I think I'm going to redact that to "I'll lynch the player who I feel is lurking the most" by lurking I mean posting content-less posts while trying to appear pro town. Is that ok with everyone? Or would you guys prefer if I just hit the most inactive person?



Don't hit the most inactive, that's stupid. The most inactive is likely not even playing the game, or they're just going to get Modkilled. If we want to do a policy lynch on activity, do it on a lurker. You call a lurker someone contributing without contributing, but with the amount of newer players in the game, that might not be the best deciding factor for day 1. I'd say lynch someone who was really active earlier in the game, like pregame, or night 0, and who has completely disappeared with only a minimum of posts by the end of day 1.
you gotta dance
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 18:45 GMT
#644
On April 11 2011 03:38 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:34 GMarshal wrote:
Alright protact I see you points, I'm not going to vote for you, but I won't actively oppose you either. I do not think you have the town's best interests at heart and I think that your whole "I'm in it for the glory" spiel is an attempt to manipulate the town. But you *are* one of the best analysts around, and I wouldn't object to having you by my side as a pardoner, assuming you actually wanted to help the town. Frankly I'm torn so I think it best to let the town choose

Regarding my "I'll lynch the most inactive player" I think I'm going to redact that to "I'll lynch the player who I feel is lurking the most" by lurking I mean posting content-less posts while trying to appear pro town. Is that ok with everyone? Or would you guys prefer if I just hit the most inactive person?


Mayor should take a stand. If you "do not think he has the town's best interest at heart", then you should oppose him. You're trying to make sure you don't upset anyone, rather than trying to lead.


The thing is I really am unsure, if he were town he'd 100% have my vote for mayor, as he is scary good, but I have a really hard time believing his story that he isn't in this to win it.

You know what, fuck it, you are right, I need to step up and take a fucking stance

Don't vote a third party assassin into office! Dont allow someone who has no incentive to help us win take over a town role. Give the role to a green (or better a blue), any green, it dosn't have to be me. But the town should most certainly not be putting a neutral in office, after all when he is protected he no longer needs us. My old points stand

sorry for the flip flopping guys, I forgot that I can't afford to be as indecisive as I used to be.

oh, and kita, since Chaoser retracted his run for pardoner I guess I can make you my running mate

##Vote: Kitaman27
Moderator
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 18:46 GMT
#645
With the amount of new players in this thread, myself included, i think there will be some sort of scum tell. Mayor should lynch someone who he thinks is scum. Protactinium is the only person that has impressed me so far and the only person i can tell is not scum, that said, votes are subject to change.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 18:47 GMT
#646
Also, @Dr.H I'm willing to consider a kav lynch, if you provide me with solid reasoning, I have a 70% town read on kav atm, can you point out what he has said that makes you think he is scum? It dosn't have to be terribly detailed, just the salient points of why.

As of right now the two lurker lynches I am considering are jackal and wiggles, I'd like to hear thoughts for and against.

Moderator
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 10 2011 18:47 GMT
#647
On April 11 2011 03:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
GMarshal are you going to lynch kavdragon/mib if you're elected? PLease do




On April 11 2011 03:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
th emayor should not consider what the town thinks or wants. nevermind im not gonna vote for you


STFU DOCH
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:49 GMT
#648
there is no "scumtell" its is posting behavior

big long posts with absolutely zero content, giving basic obvious "advice" to appear helpful while providing no real direction or ideas for town, when confronted becomes defensive and tries to spin it to make me look scummy instead of doing anything helpful

this is really common for mafia they post things they think look "pro-town" but are really just contentless, I feel pretty good about him over other players. Perhaps mib since he basically just regurgitated points everyone else made without posting a single original thought and that's pretty common for newer scum
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:49 GMT
#649
On April 11 2011 03:47 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
GMarshal are you going to lynch kavdragon/mib if you're elected? PLease do




Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
th emayor should not consider what the town thinks or wants. nevermind im not gonna vote for you


STFU DOCH


bite me
RIP Aaliyah
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 10 2011 18:50 GMT
#650
SERIOUSLY THERE IS LESS THAN A MINUTE BETWEEN THOSE 2 POSTS
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:51 GMT
#651
On April 11 2011 03:50 Coagulation wrote:
SERIOUSLY THERE IS LESS THAN A MINUTE BETWEEN THOSE 2 POSTS
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

and in contrast you have been so helpful ~
RIP Aaliyah
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 18:51 GMT
#652
Yeah Doch seems to be posting a lot without really saying much, whilst being overly aggressive to people with little reasoning.
FOS: DoctorHelvetica
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:51 GMT
#653
On April 11 2011 03:51 redFF wrote:
Yeah Doch seems to be posting a lot without really saying much, whilst being overly aggressive to people with little reasoning.
FOS: DoctorHelvetica

rofl
RIP Aaliyah
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 18:54 GMT
#654
On April 11 2011 03:51 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:51 redFF wrote:
Yeah Doch seems to be posting a lot without really saying much, whilst being overly aggressive to people with little reasoning.
FOS: DoctorHelvetica

rofl

lmao
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 10 2011 18:55 GMT
#655
On April 11 2011 03:47 GMarshal wrote:
Also, @Dr.H I'm willing to consider a kav lynch, if you provide me with solid reasoning, I have a 70% town read on kav atm, can you point out what he has said that makes you think he is scum? It dosn't have to be terribly detailed, just the salient points of why.

As of right now the two lurker lynches I am considering are jackal and wiggles, I'd like to hear thoughts for and against.



How am I lurking? I'm just not rehashing the exact same points as everyone else over and over again. I was going to bring up some of the reasons I thought a black mayor wouldn't be optimal, but they were already raised by others, so instead of just repeating what's already been said three times I mentioned that protac isn't going to be useful to us at all if he doesn't get elected, so we shouldn't waste medics on him, just leave him for the other assassins to use hits on, keeping them off of town.
you gotta dance
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 10 2011 18:57 GMT
#656
On April 11 2011 03:45 GMarshal wrote:
oh, and kita, since Chaoser retracted his run for pardoner I guess I can make you my running mate

##Vote: Kitaman27


Glad to get some support.

Another lurker that should be pressured is Lemonwalrus. He lurked as scum in Insane 2 and just a few days ago he was talking about how excited he was to play. Now that the game has started, he doesn't have a single post of content.

DarthThienAn also has zero posts. He is a veteran and I would like an explanation.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 18:59 GMT
#657
On April 11 2011 03:54 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:51 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 11 2011 03:51 redFF wrote:
Yeah Doch seems to be posting a lot without really saying much, whilst being overly aggressive to people with little reasoning.
FOS: DoctorHelvetica

rofl

lmao

I've put forth quite a few ideas. Particularly about how the mayor should act (autonomously), how we should deal with the assassin game, why protact should not be mayor, and who I suspect of being mafia and why (mib and kavdragon)

There is always a reason for being aggressive even if you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. However, I think I've done all the damage I can for now. Unfortunately this isn't a PM game or I'd be harassing everyone that way instead.
RIP Aaliyah
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 18:59 GMT
#658
There's no way Prot is mafia btw. He says he has 2 KP and a check. He can't be roleblocked. He either does it or he doesn't. No way mafia would claim assassin to be sent into office only to be proven he can't do the things he says he can do.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 10 2011 19:01 GMT
#659
On April 11 2011 03:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
1)protact isn't town
2)he has no incentive to do anything for us
3)a mayor that does whatever "Town" tells him to do out of fear of lynch is a TERRIBLE mayor
4)protact could just as well be making a very ballsy scum bluff

imo the mayor should be me or Gmarshal. I get the strongest town read from Gmarshal right now. We shouldn't be so petrified of having a mafia mayor that we elect a worthless third party mayor. We have no incentive to keep protact alive, he has no incentive to help us, we're basically just discarding the role of mayor out of fear.

Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 03:08 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 02:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 11 2011 02:57 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 02:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 11 2011 01:28 Jackal58 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 11 2011 01:18 Barundar wrote:
Honestly Jackal, you want to leave our first lynch to be decided by a non-town player? We have a role in the pardoner that gives him the protection he needs to act as vigi for him, and pardoner is more of a mafia role than a town role anyways. He can have that, but mayor is too powerful to let a third party have.

I agree that it's great to have a non-scum player in office, but it's not irrelevant that Protactinum has a different win condition. For Protactinum to win, he needs to prolong the game untill he have killed all the other assassins. If town is too far ahead, it will be in his interest to slow us down, and vice verca when scum is ahead. Since he will work against us when we are ahead, he will not win the game for us, no matter how great an analyst he is.

His hands are basically tied on the lynch. He votes for who town puts forth or he gets lynched. He is in a lylo on day 1. If it gets to the point where we are that far ahead that he's a detriment to town we no longer need him anyways so again he's in a lylo. He is forced into being pro town or losing.

this is exactly what the mafia wants btw

a mayor who they can manipulate, force his votes to go the way they want to get him lynched (waste of town KP on a useless role like assassin and also ridding town of mayor).

I think scum want to be mayor first and foremost.

yeah and having an assassin mayor is really the next best thing

And having a scum mayor is the worst case scenario for town.
And I'm aware that Protactinum may be scum not assassin. If he is he has balls bigger than he's already been given credit for.

I honestly think towns best interest in this is to keep scum from getting the mayors seat.


I don't understand this. You admit protact could very well be scum yet you're voting for him because you just want a non-scum mayor. I think our focus should be getting a pro-town mayor.

GMarshal are you going to lynch kavdragon/mib if you're elected? PLease do

Actually I haven't officially voted for anybody yet.

On April 11 2011 03:47 GMarshal wrote:
Also, @Dr.H I'm willing to consider a kav lynch, if you provide me with solid reasoning, I have a 70% town read on kav atm, can you point out what he has said that makes you think he is scum? It dosn't have to be terribly detailed, just the salient points of why.

As of right now the two lurker lynches I am considering are jackal and wiggles, I'd like to hear thoughts for and against.


How the fuck am I lurking?????
Tell ya what man. I'll vote for you for mayor and you post a list of everybody you think is town so we can fucking lynch them.
Life can only kill you once.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 10 2011 19:03 GMT
#660
Doch plays Aggressively.. nothing new here.
However he plays scum even more Aggressively. so its something that you can only get a read on over time. A FOS on Doch at this point is pretty pointless.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft769
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 735
Stork 308
ggaemo 303
Leta 246
PianO 82
Hyuk 33
ZergMaN 30
yabsab 20
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 372
Reynor61
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King222
Westballz43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor724
Other Games
summit1g10075
C9.Mang0269
PiGStarcraft164
Sick148
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick618
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Lourlo1356
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 13m
Online Event
4h 13m
FEL
9h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.