• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9098 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 101

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 142 Next
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 17 2010 01:10 GMT
#2001
I guess ignoring him is the best option then
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
October 17 2010 01:10 GMT
#2002
As town, we have failed to set the atmosphere for this game. Instead of a cohesive unit analyzing clues and pointing out suspicious individuals, we pretty much just let a bunch of obvious reds post stupid shit, and also at the same time, let a bunch of reds be completely inactive.

And on top of that because reds are posting stupid shit and cluttering shit up, any real discussion is being hidden up and anyone that might have contributed is now holding back because simple put; there is no reason to post anything because it will just be ignored.

ALSO, because of the depressing atmosphere, town members also posting like shit. Thus... we are fucked...
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 17 2010 01:11 GMT
#2003
On October 17 2010 10:10 jodogohoo wrote:
As town, we have failed to set the atmosphere for this game. Instead of a cohesive unit analyzing clues and pointing out suspicious individuals, we pretty much just let a bunch of obvious reds post stupid shit, and also at the same time, let a bunch of reds be completely inactive.

And on top of that because reds are posting stupid shit and cluttering shit up, any real discussion is being hidden up and anyone that might have contributed is now holding back because simple put; there is no reason to post anything because it will just be ignored.

ALSO, because of the depressing atmosphere, town members also posting like shit. Thus... we are fucked...


you realize you are the worst culprit of what you are accusing people of, right?
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
October 17 2010 01:12 GMT
#2004
On October 17 2010 10:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Your spamming is unacceptable Aztrorisk. This is your warning, next time you cross the line it's a modkill.

There is no good reason for a member of the town to spam. THUS, we should lynch aztrorisk, or pandain next. Granted they aren't killed tonight.
also watch this post get ignored.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 17 2010 01:14 GMT
#2005
Also, since he got me wind up. I went back to his "code" to get more info

wp6e4 -> SpydR, then obviously (by same logic as posted on page 99)

wyj95a -> ShmotZ (just look at the key below on your keyboard).

I'm too bored to try and do all of it, as some of the things don't match up, but just thought you guys might wanna know.

h95 gqj0843w q43: -> now vampires
toqww3 -> glasse
y3qf3h9h3q45y ->heavenonearth

y923f34 5y36 dqh w58oo g3 jqr8 -> however they can still be mafia

GG.

NOW GET LYNCHED!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
October 17 2010 01:14 GMT
#2006
yeah i give up
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 17 2010 01:15 GMT
#2007
On October 17 2010 10:12 jodogohoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 10:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Your spamming is unacceptable Aztrorisk. This is your warning, next time you cross the line it's a modkill.

There is no good reason for a member of the town to spam. THUS, we should lynch aztrorisk, or pandain next. Granted they aren't killed tonight.
also watch this post get ignored.


How about we just encourage spammers to quit spamming rather than lynching town members.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 17 2010 01:16 GMT
#2008
It's missing the first two lines, since they don't make sense. But come on, I fucking WON!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 17 2010 01:17 GMT
#2009
Yeah, I'm getting pretty lost in the discussions. I read a few pages of posts and most of it is some sort of secret codes, spamming, or some sort of meaningless post. This is my first game and I'm wondering if all are like this.
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
October 17 2010 01:18 GMT
#2010
On October 17 2010 10:14 CubEdIn wrote:
Also, since he got me wind up. I went back to his "code" to get more info

wp6e4 -> SpydR, then obviously (by same logic as posted on page 99)

wyj95a -> ShmotZ (just look at the key below on your keyboard).

I'm too bored to try and do all of it, as some of the things don't match up, but just thought you guys might wanna know.

h95 gqj0843w q43: -> now vampires
toqww3 -> glasse
y3qf3h9h3q45y ->heavenonearth

y923f34 5y36 dqh w58oo g3 jqr8 -> however they can still be mafia

GG.

NOW GET LYNCHED!


Well his whole code thing just lost all credibility... unless you believe i am actually red, then that's your choice.
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 17 2010 01:19 GMT
#2011
On October 17 2010 10:17 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Yeah, I'm getting pretty lost in the discussions. I read a few pages of posts and most of it is some sort of secret codes, spamming, or some sort of meaningless post. This is my first game and I'm wondering if all are like this.


There's always going to be dumbasses that spam the thread. You have to learn how to skim it. Best thing is just to ignore it and look for connections. Voting history will be important now with 2 days worth of it.

I would say out of the 100 pages of discussion we've had, probably 20 pages of it are important :/ That's normal for mafia games.
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 17 2010 01:21 GMT
#2012
On October 17 2010 10:18 Glasse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 10:14 CubEdIn wrote:
Also, since he got me wind up. I went back to his "code" to get more info

wp6e4 -> SpydR, then obviously (by same logic as posted on page 99)

wyj95a -> ShmotZ (just look at the key below on your keyboard).

I'm too bored to try and do all of it, as some of the things don't match up, but just thought you guys might wanna know.

h95 gqj0843w q43: -> now vampires
toqww3 -> glasse
y3qf3h9h3q45y ->heavenonearth

y923f34 5y36 dqh w58oo g3 jqr8 -> however they can still be mafia

GG.

NOW GET LYNCHED!


Well his whole code thing just lost all credibility... unless you believe i am actually red, then that's your choice.


I didn't point fingers, I just "decoded" based on the simple solution I posted earlier:
Each letter turns into the one below, based on keyboard layout.
i.e.: q is a / r is f / 4 is r / etc.

You can try it yourself. Some of the lines don't make sense but the ones that do... well, see above. It can't be a coincidence.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 17 2010 01:22 GMT
#2013
I don't think it was a good decision to have 60(!) people in a single mafia game. wtf of course we can't get any reasonable discussion going with that many people.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
October 17 2010 01:29 GMT
#2014
On October 17 2010 10:21 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 10:18 Glasse wrote:
On October 17 2010 10:14 CubEdIn wrote:
Also, since he got me wind up. I went back to his "code" to get more info

wp6e4 -> SpydR, then obviously (by same logic as posted on page 99)

wyj95a -> ShmotZ (just look at the key below on your keyboard).

I'm too bored to try and do all of it, as some of the things don't match up, but just thought you guys might wanna know.

h95 gqj0843w q43: -> now vampires
toqww3 -> glasse
y3qf3h9h3q45y ->heavenonearth

y923f34 5y36 dqh w58oo g3 jqr8 -> however they can still be mafia

GG.

NOW GET LYNCHED!


Well his whole code thing just lost all credibility... unless you believe i am actually red, then that's your choice.


I didn't point fingers, I just "decoded" based on the simple solution I posted earlier:
Each letter turns into the one below, based on keyboard layout.
i.e.: q is a / r is f / 4 is r / etc.

You can try it yourself. Some of the lines don't make sense but the ones that do... well, see above. It can't be a coincidence.


i didnt say you did, i just meant like, his whole code thing is now proven useless
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 17 2010 01:33 GMT
#2015
Yeah, and ever since I posted it seems that aztro went back into the lab to cook up some other way of screwing with the townies, because he went from spam to absolute silence.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 17 2010 01:34 GMT
#2016
On October 17 2010 10:17 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Yeah, I'm getting pretty lost in the discussions. I read a few pages of posts and most of it is some sort of secret codes, spamming, or some sort of meaningless post. This is my first game and I'm wondering if all are like this.

No, keep pace. Right now this is really all useless. Personally, I'm just waiting until night comes.
This has convinced me to stop spamming(since I am guilty of it as well.)
Guys, in the end, it doesn't matter. Aztorix should reveal his codes, as there is no good reason to hold back your thoughts if you really think they would be important enough to be read if you die. Add to that, I solved your code, and you don't give any reasons WHY you think they are vampire/mafia. I'd like to see more posts like that.

I fault myself for not setting a good example. I'm one of the few people in here who's actually played some mafia games before, and should be setting an example. From now on, I'll post longer.

In addition, some people are remaining really inactive. Heaven on earth, for example, posted once at the VERy begining of the game, and has done nothing but vote this whole time. Yet I know he's played previously, so it's not like he's totally clueless. Why haven't we seen ANY opinions on him yet.

Really, we need to start to work together. Obviously that means I'll keep some vital information for myself, but everyone needs to contribute. For example, why doesn't anyone do some clue analysis? Or go through someone's posts and analyze them. A guy in my first mafia game suggested everyone analyze the person who's just before them on the sign up list. I'd suggest you to use this format
for analyzing them but use whatever suits you best.

Medics, protect whoever you want. If you think I'm mafia, then do it. Honestly, there is still a chance(low though) that there is another brute. So use your own common sense.

I apologize for my horrendous play, I'll try to make it up from now on.

The Situation right now:

10/11 mafia still live, with their godfather dead.
8/11 vampires live, with the brute dead.

Right now, vampire KP will probably be lowered if mafia manage to hit vampires succesfully. If this happens, then town should focus on helping the vampires, since if mafia manage to take out all the vampires they win. Remember, mafia have 3 kp, and will likely have 3 kp for at least two nights(this and the next), so depending on how good they are we might only have 3 nights left.

But honestly, that's some time. What we should be doing, is finding red's, bringing up several possibilities, and then deciding who's more likely to be vampire/mafia. But if we have an almost certain red in our eyes, go for it. Because most likely, mafia/vampire will see that too. So mafia over vampires, but vampires over just 50% likely reds.

Of course, if vampires really start to do really bad, then we need to focus ASAP on mafia. But since vampire seems to be pretty confident by themselves(haven't even responded to my requests of alliance), I'm thinking they're alright AT the moment.

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 17 2010 01:44 GMT
#2017
Honestly I'm disgusted with myself. I mean, back when me and BM had that argument when he wanted everyone to roleclaim to him, one of my arguments was his advice not always be correct. Yet honestly, I'm horrible. I'm a horrible player. Sure, I try, but effort does not earn you a correct lynch. And heck, alot of my posts are only half done because I don't want to go the whole 110% in analysis/discussion. Did you see my clue analysis? I only analyzed a single part, and even that was bad.

I apologize for setting a bad example. There has been a whole bunch of new people who have joined TL mafia, and I apologize if I have alienated(is that the word?) them. Hopefully I can show everyone what Mafia is really like, how much fun it can be, how it's really a psyhological game of epic porportions.
Yet I've been spamming, doing posts half-hardidly, and just overall playing poorly.

To move forward in the hopes that we can start real discussion again, this will be the last of my "woe is me" topic.

Its panda time.
Lucktar
Profile Joined July 2008
United States526 Posts
October 17 2010 01:45 GMT
#2018
On October 17 2010 10:33 CubEdIn wrote:
Yeah, and ever since I posted it seems that aztro went back into the lab to cook up some other way of screwing with the townies, because he went from spam to absolute silence.

Well, he was threatened with a modkill. I honestly have no idea what to make of aztrorisk.

The code seems contrived and stupid, but if it's really a red attempt to screw with the town, it seems pretty clumsy to me. I can't imagine reds discussing in IRC how they're going to sow disinformation through the town by posting easily-broken codes naming random conspirators. But that's just me.

I'm guessing aztrorisk is an actual JoL, who doesn't really know the game, and therefore just tries to make things interesting for himself by posting bizarre stuff. See his JoL roleclaim back on day 0, and this whole code nonsense. Does that make it a bad idea to lynch him? I honestly have no idea. If he's red, awesome. If he's JoL, then he's been serious all this time, and who fucking knows who he'd have put the bombs on. If he's green, well, he's just an attention whore and good riddance.
NaDa, much, ZerO fighting!
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 17 2010 01:50 GMT
#2019
" IF " hes jol he probably put bombs on the people he accused in his code

that would seem logical.. but who knows with him... hes not exactly playing this by the book..
and im ok with heavenonearth getting popped by a bomb
same with shmotz

anyway chances of him being a JOL and at the same time being so anti town are slim to none.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 17 2010 01:56 GMT
#2020
Fair enough.
Player above me: thegilaboy
Voted twice against: Veldril
Got voted against by: quickstriker (day 1)
Profile: nothing incriminating as far as I can tell. Some protoss photos, and other sc related lines.
Posts: roughly 40, most are answers to questions about the game itself, and tips.
Here are some of interest:

Yeah I know what MH and D1 are lol, I've played some games of mafia before. I agree though, the clues on the first day especially can be misleading or simply too obvious. It's the posting actions of individuals that we should be most concerned about, coupled with voting tendencies and wild changes in who an individual votes for in a given day.

- he seems to deflect from masq, but i had the same opinion as well (clues too obvious), so i'll let this slide

I'm trying to give the basics since he seems to be so unaware of how this game is played that I thought I'd lay down the foundation for him. I'm aware of how mafia games are played, I've played in plenty of them on and off this forum

- plenty of posts in, he is only giving advice, but hasn't helped the town by contributing with analysis. He added one before game was restarted, but it was just a sum-up of the clues. Seems strange that someone with this much experience is so quiet


Orglove is either a very enthusiastic townie, or he is a red trying to hold the reigns over a lot of newbies who will come to rely on his spreadsheet and and what I'll call "assessments." Spreadsheets are very useful, but you posting yours in every post is actually revealing information you should keep to yourself at times. But hey, you could be a very active townie and I might be off on my suspicions, I just think you might want to tone down on the spreadsheet since it has been found to be incorrect three times now I believe.

I know we really want to get our first day's lynch in order since the hours are winding down, but that also means the hours are winding down on any coordination of our blue roles. I believe Pandain is attempting to coordinate MH placements, which can be a good thing for town even if he is red I suppose since he will be gunning for the other red team. Aztorisk may have jumped the gun on his role claim so early on, but that was partially due to the fact that the rules/descriptions weren't as clear as there are now. I know BM has been throwing around some ideas for Ghost placement in terms of the Masq/Veldril thing, anyone else have a thought on that?

- again, suspicious that he's not saying anything outright, just generalizing, asking for opinions. seems to support Pandain, so they might be in the same team


Holy fuck what an awesome night! Vamps are really hurting now, and we took care of the threat of the brute in the late game! So there were 4 actual hits and youngminii died by pumpkin bomb?

- HOLY FUCK is this incriminating. WE? WE TOOK CARE of the brute? The town lynched a spawn, the Brute was killed my Mafia. WTF? How did people miss this?

Other posts are not really useful.
So bottom line: I thought he could be a red or just someone who didn't have too much time to spend on the game, and that's why he was short on analysis.
Until I found this post, now I'm 60% sure convinced he's mafia (which would explain support of Pandain, if he is indeed, Mafia.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 15m
Online Event
11h 15m
FEL
16h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.