Game is over! Read the Links to important posts section if you want to skim through the action fast.
Welcome to another game of classic destruction where a bunch of players try to outwit each other and lead their team to victory!
Once again there is a MAJOR twist though - it's Draft Day. That's right, this game of Mafia called Pick Your Power has everyone starting off with blank roles: Vanilla Town, Vanilla Scum or Vanilla 3rd Party.
Vanilla Town can only vote.
Vanilla Scum have standard scum abilities: They can all kill at Night and appear guilty to role checks.
Vanilla 3rd Party have their own conditions.
Of course all The Mafia know each other before the game starts. When sign ups are finished we will have the draft phase. The order of the draft will be revealed a bit later. However there will be a pool of roles. The pool of roles will be picked secretly by draft order via PM. Once that role is gone, if anyone else tries to pick it later they will be notified it is gone and will end up stuck with their Vanilla Role. If you've been following it is entirely possible to end up with Scum Cops, Scum Vigilantes, Town Role blockers and so on.
- There is a list of roles available.
- Starting with the first player in the draft you can pick roles.
- If a role has been picked you will be notified via PM it has been picked and you will be stuck with your Vanilla role.
- Once everyone has picked, the game will start
- Any role can go to any side
The draft order works like this. Every player will pick 2 numbers between 1-20 and PM me. Once I have everyone's selections I will reveal the draft order.
The first number closest to 1 that is picked will be first in the draft order. Of course that would be too easy so if several players pick the same # they ALL will be reset to last in the draft order. Then I would move on to the next lowest number (in this case 2) and the same rules apply. If no other player has picked the # 2 while someone else has, they will become first in the draft order. And so on until I get to #20.
Now the second # picked is used to determine who goes first in the event of players picking the same number. The lowest # of the second # goes first and so on. In the event players picked the same 2 numbers I will once again reset them to the back of the queue(for the order they are in).
Player A - 
Player B - 
Player C - 
Player D - 
Player E - 
Player F - 
Player G - 
Players B and C both picked 1. They go to the back of the queue. Player E is the next lowest # and the only one that picked 3. He/She goes first. Then player A since He/She is the only one to pick 4. Then Player D would have been next with 7 ahead of B and C, but Player's F and G also picked 7 so they both go behind Players B and C.
Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.
Now I just resolve Players B, C, D,F and G. Between B and C, I look at the second #. B has a 12, C has a 6. So C gets to pick before B.
Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.
Now between D,F and G they all picked the same 1st numbers [?]. So I look at the second number to determine their order. Player G has a different number  whereas D and F both have . Same rule as before and G gets to pick before D and F.
In the case of D and F I roll a dice to determine who goes first since they have the same 2 numbers. For arguments sake lets say F got a 1 and D got a 3 on a dice roll. F goes before D.
*note: In the case of ties it doesn't matter how many people picked the same #. If 3 people picked [*] and 2 people picked [*] where * is any arbitrary number 3s go before 7s. The order isn't reset AGAIN per tie.
Simple right? Of course this is all done to support epic mind traps between Scum and Town for picking #s. Remember once this phase is done you will know the draft order publicly. You just wont know who picked what and what roles got picked ^_^.
General Game rules:
Majority lynch. No double lynches. No PMs except if you're roles allow it. Play to win. Don't play against the spirit of the game. No cheating. Don't quote your role PM or compare it in any way with someone else. Mods have the final say in any matter. If you have any questions or assumptions it's best to ask a mod before taking action.
This game is Semi-Open. The amount of Mafia and possible SKs are hidden. Town count is hidden. Possible roles are open.
Priority is given to some players over others. If you are currently banned from playing a game you are not allowed to play in this game.
Days last 48 hours, nights last 24.
You must post at least once every 24 hours. You must also vote every day or at least make it clear you are Abstaining. Missing 1 vote or not posting for 24 hours results in a PM to get you back on track. The second time is an auto-modkill or replacement.
Voting is in the form of ##: playerName in the thread.
Mafia have a starting kill power of 1!
# of Mafia in the Game
# of Serial Killers in the game
Credits to anyone who has moderated before and Mafiascum for the initial setup.
- Alignment Cop - You are an Alignment Cop. You can investigate people at night and get results of their Alignment. Sadly you may not know if you're Insane, Sane or even Paranoid!
- Role Cop - Pretty sweet. You can get people's roles!
- Tracker - Follow someone and find out who they visited that night.
- Doctor(2) - You have the power to save lives. At night if you protect someone they will be able to survive being shot once. All those hours of studying in Med School might have left you slightly screwed up though. No way to protect yourself either. You may be a Normal, Paranoid, Naive or Weak variant.
- Meth Man - You are a serious drug dealer with a serious chem lab. If anyone disturbs you cooking that stuff at night it will destroy the entire lab! If you are killed at night you go down with EVERYONE that targeted you that night.
- Floridian - Being from Florida you get an extra vote in lynches. If you want to vote again during a lynch just PM me. It will show up as a hidden vote once the lynch is over or once majority is reached.
- Bulletproof - You are immune to night kills. However if you get Role blocked it breaks your power.
- Mason - Such a friendly person you are! You get to Mason up with ONE person!. On Night 1 you must PM me a person you want to Mason with and you'll be able to talk to them via PM for the rest of the game!
- Day Vigilante - During the day you may type Kill: Player in the thread. That player is going to die and the day goes on. You can only shoot once.
- Compulsive Vigilante - Starting Night 2 you can shoot. In fact you must shoot every night or else you will be mod-killed.
- Jack Of All Trades - Aren't you the Renaissance man/woman? You can pick 1 power each night between: Investigate, Protect, Shoot, Talk. You only have 1 shot at using each power. Investigate gives results of an Alignment Check(Sane).
- Veteran - +1 Night life as always.
- God Father - Typical smart leader. You appear innocent to alignment checks, or in the case of Paranoid cops Guilty along with everyone else. Being the Godfather you have lots of muscle at your dispense. If you are lynched the person who hammer voted you will be day killed.
- Role blocker - Prevent people from using their night powers? Sounds good to me. This also breaks the bulletproof ability but not the Serial Killer's bulletproof.
- Copy Cat - You start off with no powers. However once the first power role dies you get an exact copy of their role.
- Vengeful Player - If you are lynched, you can type Lynch: Player in the thread within 3 hours after your death and that player will be lynched barring exceptional circumstances.
- Pardoner - You can save a player from a lynch by typing Pardon: Player in the thread. You can use this ability once. You can not Pardon yourself.
- Martyr - During the night you can choose to protect a player. If they are killed at night or lynched during the day you will instead die in their place. Once you pick a person to Martyr for you can not change until the next night cycle.
- Watcher - At night you can choose to watch a player and receive information in the form of how many people visited the target that night.
- Bullet Bill - you love bullets and the smell of gunpowder. At night you can target a player and find out if they are carrying a gun.
- Bad Santa - At the start of the game you may send me a list of 5 players' names. If any of those player's are the cause of death for each other by Night kill, lynch, or any other means then you can pick any of the remaining names and kill one of them the next night.
- Traitor - You hold no allegiance to the town. If you are targeted by Scum at night with any action, instead of that action happening you'll be recruited by them instead. You lose if the Mafia lose. However you are part of the town count before recruitment. This role is nullified for the Serial Killer(s) since it may be too broken if they have it.
- Prince(ss) of Darkness - You love when the lights go out! Daytime makes your skin itch so you'd rather not see the Sun. During any night phase you can choose to send the game into a second night phase by PMing me this choice. You can only use this ability once.
- Inventor - At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player. In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to.
+ Show Spoiler [Vanilla Town] +
You are Vanilla Towny!
You have no powers in the game except voting so far. Any questions you have PM me.
You win by getting rid of all anti-town players.
+ Show Spoiler [Vanilla Scum] +
You are Vanilla Scum!
The ability to kill 1 player per night belongs to you. One of you must PM me a kill for the night even though all of you participate in the kill.
Remember you can coordinate your # picks during the draft phase. The Mafia team this round consists of: Jack, Jill, this bottle and my ecstasy pills!
You win when you outnumber the town, or there is no way for them to stop you from outnumbering them.
+ Show Spoiler [Vanilla SK] +
You are a Vanilla Serial Killer!
Every night you can choose to kill 1 player. You show up Innocent to alignment checks and are bulletproof at night. Role checks reveal whatever role you picked in your draft, if you don't get a role you show up as Vanilla SK. Your kills also go through bulletproof vests.
You win by killing everyone else and being the last surviving player.
Sign Ups: - Closed (20 players)
- Bill Murray
vx70GTOJudgexv(had to sit out)
Links to important posts:
Draft Order revealed here!
+ Show Spoiler [Draft Order] +
Draft Order Results
- Bill Murray
+ Show Spoiler [Dead Players] +
Names in Blue designate they have a role, otherwise they are in Vanilla scheme colors.
Bill Murray, Pro Town Mason - killed by Day Vigi Day 1
Hessmyrr, Pro Town Vanilla Towny lynched Day 1
Subversion, Vanilla Scum killed Night 1.
zeks, Serial Killer Role Cop lynched Day 2
Radfield, Pro Town Vanilla Towny killed Night 2
SouthRawrea, Pro Town Vanilla Towny lynched Day 3
chaoser, Pro Town Bad Santa killed Night 3
LSB, Scum Traitor lynched Day 4
JeeJee Pro Town Normal Doctor killed Night 4
DarthTheInan Scum Mason killed Night 4
rastaban, Scum Compulsive Vigilante lynched Day 5
Game Related Questions
1.) What happens if the SK (night kill immune) interacts with The Meth Man?
The SK would die. He/She is immune from being shot but not immune to being blown up.
2.) Does Roleblocking stop the SK's bulletproof ability?
No. For balance purposes because the SK is really hard to win with and the possibility of not getting a role the SK can't lose his/her bulletproof ability.
3.) Does Roleblocking apply to daytime abilities?
Nope. Role block only affects roles with Night actions or in the case of bulletproof their ability.
4.) Is The Jack of All Trades Investigate always sane?
5.) What happens if I fake Day Vigi/Vengeful Player/Pardoner commands?
I will just ignore them because you can't activate them. Doing this won't result in a modkill though.
6.)What happens if a RoleCop checks someone without a role?
The result they get back is VANILLA. Otherwise the RC would be almost better than the Alignment Cop in this setup which would make no sense.
7.) Are Cop and Doc sanity revealed upon death?
For this setup yes they will be.
8.) Can the Jack Of All Trades protect him/herself?
Yes. Of course remember they can only use this specific power once.
9.) How does the Prince(ss) of Darkness role function?
When the person with this role activates it, you'll see the Night phase end as normal. Then when the Day phase is supposed to start the town will be notified that we'll be going into another night phase immediately. The second night phase also lasts for 24 hours.
10.) Can the Pardoner pardon his/herself from a lynch?
No. The pardoner can save everyone else from a lynch though. This includes the lynch action of a Vengeful Player.
What is the traitor's alignment if checked by the Alignment cop?
Regardless of sanity the Traitor is still counted as town if not recruited. So an Alignment cop will get back whatever result a check on an Innocent Towny would return. However if the Traitor is ever recruited their Alignment changes to Scum. If checked after recruited, or on the Night of recruitment the check will return Scum.
Which roles count as "carrying a gun" for the Bullet Bill?
Any Mafia or SK count automatically. Compulsive Vigi, Day Vigi, Bad Santa (kills at night by shooting) and Jack Of All Trades all carry guns.
If the Tracker tracks a mafia roleblocker, where does he go? To the KP target, or to the roleblocked target? Likewise a SK roleblocker.
If they are Vanilla will they always be tracked to a kill.Otherwise their other role takes precedence. So in this example of a Mafia roleblocker if the person killed and roleblocked, the tracker would be tagged to the roleblocked target. However if this same Scum was stuck with their Vanilla role the tracker would see who they targeted for killing that night. Otherwise the tracker would almost be better than both cops in this setup.
What happens if the Traitor is investigated by a Cop the same Night Mafia recruit him/her?
Investigation is one of the last night actions I resolve, whereas Traitor will be before it. So if the traitor gets recruited the Cop will see them as Scum the next day.