• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:39
CEST 04:39
KST 11:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8548 users

World at War Mafia - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 123 Next
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 26 2010 02:43 GMT
#821
On March 25 2010 12:00 johnnyspazz wrote:
even if caller turns up mafia, we should lynch RoL for being dumb. he's obviously shown that he has no self control and there's a chance he has more than one nuke. we shouldn't give him the opportunity to launch another one.
also i think if his nuke is a dud, we should lynch him anyway.

looks like i wasn't very wrong about RoL...

On March 26 2010 11:29 Abenson wrote:
Well I just thought that giving Jspazz a chance to talk could perhaps give us some evidence/information :O

what would you like to know?
honestly i'm fairly surprised he changed his target to me. i guess i look super suspicious
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 26 2010 02:44 GMT
#822
On March 26 2010 10:57 johnnyspazz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 10:51 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
lolol fucking Japanese always have to ruin fun.

Viva La Revolucion.

Good luck~

are you not using your final powers?


On March 26 2010 11:15 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
##RevengeNuke: JohnnySpazz

My power is limited, and I didn't realize my power was supposed to post in the thread.


If this isn't trolling I dunno what is.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 02:46 GMT
#823
Here's where you've bothered me in the past L, as well as this game. I recognize that in many games, including XX, you've been town aligned, and I've recognized your earnest attempts to aid the town. But in actuality, you posses a certainty in your writing which is highly convincing to some people, (including myself, on occasion) but also does not take into account the chance that you're wrong. You make gambits where you pretend to sacrifice yourself in order to get someone to be killed. We all know those are ploys, but they keep working, and you keep employing these disingenuous strategies
You uh, don't read my writing if you think I often push with the assumption that I must be correct. I push with the assumption that even if I'm wrong that the right move has been made. In XX for instance, I didn't give a shit who died besides Me, Cobbler, nemY or MM because I knew if we survived the night that we would win. Killing BM was part of an overarching plan to rape the abenson list which wasn't wrong: 3 of 4 mafia were on there and I had a bomb sitting on their godfather. Not only that, but at the start of the game I called that 2-3 of me/malongo/incog/bc/foolishness would be mafia. I was right.

So yeah, mafia is a guessing game; No one's going to guess 100% correct, especially with a buncha jerks in the background trying to make you guess wrong. The important part, however, is getting it right enough of the time.

I'm not tearing townies down. I'm saying that people who voted for me have no real excuses. Maybe Opz does because he knew abenson was legit, maybe fishball and versatile are playing like emotional douchebags (which is expected of them), but for you? For the rest of the people on that list? Your defence is "i wanted to punish inactivity" but that simply doesn't hold. You also have no reason to rage against me unlike those mentioned above. So why the claws and fangs; I certainly didn't take them out against you. I just suggested you as a candidate based on the evidence in front of us.

I have an unrebutted and substantial piece of evidence that makes you pro-mafia in my mind. Why would I back down from that until you can rebut it? Why would backing down be pro-town? No one else has suggested another candidate of equal magnitude besides Caller and I'm pretty sure I was all for having his face turn into a nuclear foam.

So to sum up; You're around 4 inches short of average. Feel free to grow a bit before claiming you hit puberty... kid.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 02:48 GMT
#824
On March 26 2010 11:40 Zona wrote:
Is there a point to continue to drag out the day with a fake nuke?

You really antsy to get your night hits in or something? Daytime is town time. After my nuke fake is confirmed we can reliably use me in future days without things going all crazy-like and needing someone else to fill the role. I think that alone is big news.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 26 2010 02:53 GMT
#825
Well...
I'm just surprised RoL isn't nuking Caller, as that is what I (maybe everyone) was expecting him to do.
Thoughts/comments?
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 02:55 GMT
#826
On March 26 2010 11:46 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
Here's where you've bothered me in the past L, as well as this game. I recognize that in many games, including XX, you've been town aligned, and I've recognized your earnest attempts to aid the town. But in actuality, you posses a certainty in your writing which is highly convincing to some people, (including myself, on occasion) but also does not take into account the chance that you're wrong. You make gambits where you pretend to sacrifice yourself in order to get someone to be killed. We all know those are ploys, but they keep working, and you keep employing these disingenuous strategies
You uh, don't read my writing if you think I often push with the assumption that I must be correct. I push with the assumption that even if I'm wrong that the right move has been made. In XX for instance, I didn't give a shit who died besides Me, Cobbler, nemY or MM because I knew if we survived the night that we would win. Killing BM was part of an overarching plan to rape the abenson list which wasn't wrong: 3 of 4 mafia were on there and I had a bomb sitting on their godfather. Not only that, but at the start of the game I called that 2-3 of me/malongo/incog/bc/foolishness would be mafia. I was right.

So yeah, mafia is a guessing game; No one's going to guess 100% correct, especially with a buncha jerks in the background trying to make you guess wrong. The important part, however, is getting it right enough of the time.

I'm not tearing townies down. I'm saying that people who voted for me have no real excuses. Maybe Opz does because he knew abenson was legit, maybe fishball and versatile are playing like emotional douchebags (which is expected of them), but for you? For the rest of the people on that list? Your defence is "i wanted to punish inactivity" but that simply doesn't hold. You also have no reason to rage against me unlike those mentioned above. So why the claws and fangs; I certainly didn't take them out against you. I just suggested you as a candidate based on the evidence in front of us.

I have an unrebutted and substantial piece of evidence that makes you pro-mafia in my mind. Why would I back down from that until you can rebut it? Why would backing down be pro-town? No one else has suggested another candidate of equal magnitude besides Caller and I'm pretty sure I was all for having his face turn into a nuclear foam.

So to sum up; You're around 4 inches short of average. Feel free to grow a bit before claiming you hit puberty... kid.


Suit yourself.

##Nuke L

ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 02:56 GMT
#827
You're going to enjoy what I flip. Enjoy dying tomorrow if I'm not anti-nuked.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
March 26 2010 02:58 GMT
#828
i imagine this is a pretty accurate representation of what ww3 would actually be like
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 26 2010 03:01 GMT
#829
I don't

what

this is just going to be another repeat of Red Army mafia -_-
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 03:03 GMT
#830
On March 26 2010 12:01 d3_crescentia wrote:
I don't

what

this is just going to be another repeat of Red Army mafia -_-

Nah.

I'd suggest that I'm anti-nuked and that tree.hugger is nuked by someone who would preferably have a single nuke and no other abilities.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 26 2010 03:05 GMT
#831
i hope i get anti-nuked because i cant use any of my abilities until day 2
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 26 2010 03:08 GMT
#832
Alert! Alert! Alert!


[image loading]


General, tree.hugger has sent a missile directed towards L! Tests can't ID if it's nuclear or not until it lands!

Day ends at 11 11:55 KST March 26th
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 26 2010 03:11 GMT
#833
do not waste our anti-nukes on L. let him die. please lord, i do not want to read that letter again.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 03:13 GMT
#834
On March 26 2010 12:11 Versatile wrote:
do not waste our anti-nukes on L. let him die. please lord, i do not want to read that letter again.
Please take responsibility if it lands. You and tree.hugger both.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 26 2010 03:14 GMT
#835
On March 26 2010 12:13 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 12:11 Versatile wrote:
do not waste our anti-nukes on L. let him die. please lord, i do not want to read that letter again.
Please take responsibility if it lands. You and tree.hugger both.


responsibility for? don't worry, i'll bring you some apple pie in hell
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 03:20 GMT
#836
On March 26 2010 12:14 Versatile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 12:13 L wrote:
On March 26 2010 12:11 Versatile wrote:
do not waste our anti-nukes on L. let him die. please lord, i do not want to read that letter again.
Please take responsibility if it lands. You and tree.hugger both.


responsibility for? don't worry, i'll bring you some apple pie in hell

Sounds sexy.

But seriously, take responsibility.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 26 2010 03:22 GMT
#837


aye, on unrelated note, where's that post you got banned for? i don't frequent any other parts of this site.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 03:23 GMT
#838
Pm me after the game and i'll link it to you.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 03:24 GMT
#839
Here's what I have to say:

- If L is not mafia, he might be saved.
- If L is mafia, he will definitely be saved.
- There is no way this nuke will be as successful as I wish it could be. But at least it might make L a little more friendly and constructive. Or out of the game. Either would be nice.

- Opz is definitely another great candidate for being mafia. If L flips green, then he's probably not. If L flips red (and again, I think the odds are that we will not see this happen) then he's more probably mafia.

- If you're town aligned, and pondering saving L, don't do it, and let's see what happens.

- If you nuke me, I will nuke you back. Let the justness of my action be decided in a vote tomorrow, or in a mafia hit tonight.

***

Back to basketball. I'll be back a little later.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 03:27 GMT
#840
On March 26 2010 12:24 tree.hugger wrote:
Here's what I have to say:

- If L is not mafia, he might be saved.
- If L is mafia, he will definitely be saved.
- There is no way this nuke will be as successful as I wish it could be. But at least it might make L a little more friendly and constructive. Or out of the game. Either would be nice.

- Opz is definitely another great candidate for being mafia. If L flips green, then he's probably not. If L flips red (and again, I think the odds are that we will not see this happen) then he's more probably mafia.

- If you're town aligned, and pondering saving L, don't do it, and let's see what happens.

- If you nuke me, I will nuke you back. Let the justness of my action be decided in a vote tomorrow, or in a mafia hit tonight.

***

Back to basketball. I'll be back a little later.

Here's what I have to say: The town has a 100% lynch policy on people that nuke others, so kill this kid first, Versatile second. If I don't die, I guess just him would be okay.

tree.hugger saying he'll counter nuke people that fire nukes at him given the reasoning posted in the last 8 pages or so is nearly 100% indication that he is indeed mafia. Townies would not nuke in response to the town acting on its own rules.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 130
FoxeR 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 45
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 537
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0288
ViBE98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.