• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:47
CEST 13:47
KST 20:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8491 users

[TL R&D] T.R.O.L.L.S. - Page 34

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 66 Next
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
February 16 2013 14:00 GMT
#661
On February 16 2013 14:39 sylverfyre wrote:
I think you're not understanding why Cait is such a good pusher. It's not the Q. It's the autoattack range (and the headshot damage vs. minions)
It's hard to STOP cait from pushing. As Annie vs. Nunu+Cait, I couldn't help but get pushed because Cait would take potshots on me any time I tried, then she'd net away. If I were against Tristana, I'd just fucking kill her - her jump is interruptible (I couldnt get close enough to cait to stop the net with a stun). Ultimately, though, Annie assists ganks SO well, I was able to flashstun cait when akali showed up, even though Akali was pre-6, it was a kill. Then later in the game,

I feel like Lulu is SUPER important vs. Nunu Cait, because glitterlance helps slow down the pushing so well, and also harasses back well. You NEED help from your support to deal with a bloodboiled caitlyn autoattacking your lane constantly. Elise support just wasn't doing a lot - she's too much of a 'harass' support and not a 'set up' support.

my elise support was lackluster but at the same time we didn't have good communication, i was actually confused on what to do most of the time, and then when i heard "i've been waiting for you to hit a cocoon this entire time" i was thinking, whoops, i was just using neurotoxin.

if i wanted to engage all i needed to do was rappel, and it was really useful once the akali gank came in because even if they flash, i can rappel into cocoon. still, that gank was huge, and after that we walked all over them. whether i could all in with rappel cocoon, i was never completely sure because it was only the third time i played support elise.

the other thing i noticed is after we snowballed, i was able to get sorc shoes and haunting guise, and with just those two items i was pretty strong, which is huge coming out of the support position. with other supports, it's not always a good idea to give kills to them instead of the ADC, but i feel like it might be beneficial as elise if you can get them.

definitely wanna play around with getting ohmwrecker on jungle or support elise.

On February 16 2013 13:55 Seuss wrote:
[*]BotRK + Hurricane isn't an effective combo on champions like Caitlyn. Despite doing well in laning, the damage fell off extremely quickly. BotRK will likely be more useful if the PBE buffs go live.

i'm not sure if you played more games with BotRK+Hurricane, but when i played nami in cait+nami vs cait+leona, i felt that leona misplayed the lane when she was at a disadvantage and allowing us to get kills, which might have delayed a lot on your caitlyn build. i also wonder if putting something before hurricane would be more beneficial, like a PD or zeal.

ggs everyone, was really fun, next time i hope to get in on some testing of ideas instead of playing control but i just didn't have any ideas today, lol.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
February 16 2013 15:10 GMT
#662
I did misplay that lane on Leona. I also didn't get my mastery page up in time and was running 21/0/9, which left me feeling really naked. I think it got me killed in that early engage where I would have otherwise survived with 0/13/17
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 15:41:37
February 16 2013 15:41 GMT
#663
As Leona, I'd prefer 1/13/16 (Exhaust mastery instead of pickpocket. Too hard to use pickpocket as Leona)
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
February 16 2013 17:21 GMT
#664
As for the Spectral wraith rush on Syndra, I think any spellvamp is a good idea, and if you add the CDR from it + Athene's + blue/masteries, you are capped. The mana regen was nice early but I felt a chalice/athenes was still needed when blue-less. I will have to test it more in situations where I don't have a Nocturne blitzing me every teamfight.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
February 16 2013 23:39 GMT
#665
On February 17 2013 00:10 Ketara wrote:
I did misplay that lane on Leona. I also didn't get my mastery page up in time and was running 21/0/9, which left me feeling really naked. I think it got me killed in that early engage where I would have otherwise survived with 0/13/17

i just wanted to mention it because for the purposes of testing the caitlyn botrk-hurricane could be inconclusive, not that i want to pick on your leona or anything like that.

i also feel like if there's a critical mistake like that with runes and such, we should just restart the game, no point in pushing something that you're not comfortable with.
Purge
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada372 Posts
February 17 2013 00:48 GMT
#666
I didnt get in on this yesterday because Im kind of in exam mode, but Im looking at what you guys came up with after sutdying AP/Support Combos and it kinda makes me wanna try this even more.

Xerath/Support(Leona/Soraka)

He gets free armor, has very good burst @ 6, phenomenal range and if you give him blue @ lvl 1 you have surprisingly good waveclear. His stun is probably better used bot lane to enable jungle ganks than mid, and you can abuse his range better in a longer lane. Id suggest playing him alongside soraka/leona because Leona is going to make his 6 burst even more rediculous than it already is, and you can just dunk the lane from there. He'd also compliment AD mids like Graves or Cait who either excel at burst or have good range.

It all kinda makes sense in my head, so what do you guys think?
"Never do an enemy a small injury." - Machiavelli
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
February 17 2013 18:58 GMT
#667
zyra support lux ap carry? Tons of push and poke for a lane swap game filled with lux constant pushing
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
February 17 2013 19:47 GMT
#668
Support Rammus?

Taunt the enemy, stack armor, enemy lane can't fight you past 6.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-17 20:18:37
February 17 2013 20:18 GMT
#669
On February 18 2013 04:47 ticklishmusic wrote:
Support Rammus?

Taunt the enemy, stack armor, enemy lane can't fight you past 6.


Have you seen a Soraka/Rammus lane bot? I only faced it once, but my god that game still haunts my dreams. If they have someone autoattack heavy like ashe, vayne or draven, there is nothing they can do but farm and hope rammus doesn't get in range to taunt.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
February 18 2013 01:14 GMT
#670
On February 18 2013 05:18 57 Corvette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 04:47 ticklishmusic wrote:
Support Rammus?

Taunt the enemy, stack armor, enemy lane can't fight you past 6.


Have you seen a Soraka/Rammus lane bot? I only faced it once, but my god that game still haunts my dreams. If they have someone autoattack heavy like ashe, vayne or draven, there is nothing they can do but farm and hope rammus doesn't get in range to taunt.


Nope. I'm curious as to how much damage Rammus really does with his WE combo-- I don't feel like a Rammus/Raka botlane could really kill anyone (definitely be a complete dick), but I might be completely wrong.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
February 18 2013 02:23 GMT
#671
T.R.O.L.L.S. Bulletin:

There appear to be circumstances in which Thresh's Q will tug three times, not including the effect of his E. I noticed this while reviewing replays for Mondays with Monte, but have not been able to identify what causes this to happen. So far Tenacity, # of souls, Q level, Thresh's level, and cooldown reduction have been eliminated as factors.

If any of you notice this third tug I'd appreciate replays so I can find the common factor.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 03:54:28
February 18 2013 02:55 GMT
#672
Have we checked distance and/or relative motion as factors? I'll keep an eye on it, although I don't have a replay thing.

BTW, D-Blade start on him is fucking terrifying.
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
February 18 2013 03:57 GMT
#673
*New* Support nasus (not to be confused with kill-lane nasus)

Since you have built-in exhaust you can go clairvoyance
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
February 18 2013 04:30 GMT
#674
On February 18 2013 12:57 101toss wrote:
*New* Support nasus (not to be confused with kill-lane nasus)

Since you have built-in exhaust you can go clairvoyance


heal is still better than cv
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
dae
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1600 Posts
February 18 2013 05:10 GMT
#675
Tf annie bot lane, with ad carry mid

Works amazing vs no poke support and shortish range ad.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
February 18 2013 07:15 GMT
#676
i am starting to lean against squishy supports
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
February 18 2013 08:14 GMT
#677
On February 18 2013 11:23 Seuss wrote:
T.R.O.L.L.S. Bulletin:

There appear to be circumstances in which Thresh's Q will tug three times, not including the effect of his E. I noticed this while reviewing replays for Mondays with Monte, but have not been able to identify what causes this to happen. So far Tenacity, # of souls, Q level, Thresh's level, and cooldown reduction have been eliminated as factors.

If any of you notice this third tug I'd appreciate replays so I can find the common factor.


Pretty sure its just distance. Like, a max range Q will have 3 pulls, while a closer one will have less.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 16:49:08
February 18 2013 16:43 GMT
#678
On February 18 2013 12:57 101toss wrote:
*New* Support nasus (not to be confused with kill-lane nasus)

Since you have built-in exhaust you can go clairvoyance


It's not correct to say you have built-in Exhaust because Wither doesn't reduce ability damage. Unless the enemy carry wastes their abilities/initial auto on you, your carry will still take appreciable initial damage. You still want Exhaust for that.

On February 18 2013 17:14 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 11:23 Seuss wrote:
T.R.O.L.L.S. Bulletin:

There appear to be circumstances in which Thresh's Q will tug three times, not including the effect of his E. I noticed this while reviewing replays for Mondays with Monte, but have not been able to identify what causes this to happen. So far Tenacity, # of souls, Q level, Thresh's level, and cooldown reduction have been eliminated as factors.

If any of you notice this third tug I'd appreciate replays so I can find the common factor.


Pretty sure its just distance. Like, a max range Q will have 3 pulls, while a closer one will have less.


It's not distance. The instance I noted in my replay occurred at less than half of maximum range, and I actively walked toward them during it. In fact, the second pull moved over and behind me. The third pull actually started to move them back the other way before it was interrupted by E.

I also landed a bajillion maximum range hooks on bots and creeps in a custom game without getting a third pull.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 18 2013 16:46 GMT
#679
On February 19 2013 01:43 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:14 ticklishmusic wrote:
On February 18 2013 11:23 Seuss wrote:
T.R.O.L.L.S. Bulletin:

There appear to be circumstances in which Thresh's Q will tug three times, not including the effect of his E. I noticed this while reviewing replays for Mondays with Monte, but have not been able to identify what causes this to happen. So far Tenacity, # of souls, Q level, Thresh's level, and cooldown reduction have been eliminated as factors.

If any of you notice this third tug I'd appreciate replays so I can find the common factor.


Pretty sure its just distance. Like, a max range Q will have 3 pulls, while a closer one will have less.


It's not distance. The instance I noted in my replay occurred at less than half of maximum range, and I actively walked toward them during it. In fact, the second pull moved over and behind me. The third pull actually started to move them back the other way before it was interrupted by E.

I also landed a bajillion maximum range hooks on bots and creeps in a custom game without getting a third pull.


That definitely doesn't discount relative movement, then. Perhaps it adjusts the pull as you move around. Have you gotten it stationary? Also, have you checked to see if interruption of movement, like for collision, is part of it? I'd try to duplicate, but my days are generally busy, since I'm a stay at home for a psychopathic toddler.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
February 18 2013 22:39 GMT
#680
On a different subject, I've been thinking about Homeguard. I need to do some measurements regarding how much time it saves on a recall due to the movement speed, but they seem much more powerful in general than one might assume.

The value of Homeguard is in arriving in lane/jungle or at objectives sooner. 15 seconds might not seem like a significant difference in returning speed, but that can equate to additional CS, farm, or salvaged objectives. Very, very often in games I see players recall at a slightly inopportune time, at which point the enemy jungler quickly moves to try and rush an objective. Fairly often this window is small enough that Homeguard boots could be the difference between giving up the objective and arriving in time.

If your team all builds Homeguard, and your opponents do not, the power to fight, recall, and rush to another important location will be significantly superior. Situations like pushing a tower/inhibitor at the cost of Dragon/Baron may be averted. At the very least, a jungler with Homeguard would have an easier time rushing to a hotspot after a clear or gank.

Part of what diminishes the apparent value of Homeguard is a common lack of pre-recall preparation, most players aren't prepared to shop before they arrive back in base. I'm often guilty of this myself, but the delay in returning to the lane can be very substantial. When it takes 5-8 seconds to heal fully it's not as big of a deal to stop and think, but with Homeguard you want to get moving instantly.

In any case, I'm curious if all-Homeguard teams might be useful for more than trying to recover a losing game.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29554
Shuttle 2953
Bisu 1003
Horang2 856
Jaedong 722
BeSt 382
Light 329
Hyuk 307
firebathero 301
actioN 282
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Stork 206
Soma 201
Zeus 191
Soulkey 176
EffOrt 157
Last 132
Leta 122
ggaemo 97
ZerO 91
Snow 90
Pusan 82
Rush 65
Killer 52
Mong 51
Sea.KH 45
hero 39
Aegong 38
Mind 33
Sexy 28
Shine 27
NaDa 26
Sharp 26
Bale 25
Shinee 22
soO 22
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 17
Free 15
sorry 15
PianO 15
zelot 15
JulyZerg 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1831
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 128
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin290
markeloff1
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes720
Other Games
gofns40551
singsing2029
B2W.Neo452
XBOCT333
DeMusliM178
Livibee173
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King99
XaKoH 92
QueenE82
ArmadaUGS78
Chillindude10
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• TFBlade417
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 14m
Stellar Fest
1h 14m
OSC
12h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.