• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9347 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 251

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 331 Next
No more bad posting
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 18:39:40
August 14 2013 18:35 GMT
#5001
I've tried to narrow my champion pool many times, but I have this weird tendancy to Yolo Blaze it when it comes time to pick and I have an itch.

there was actually a point in Season 2 where I was undefeated on a certian champion I think I was like 12 or 13-0 before I lost the first game, and when it got above 10 I would get flamed in champion select by nerds who lolking their teammates for not playing said champion.
Carrilord has arrived.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
August 14 2013 18:38 GMT
#5002
On August 15 2013 03:35 Slusher wrote:
I've tried to narrow my champion pool many times, but I have this weird tendancy to Yolo Blaze it when it comes time to pick and I have an itch.

yeah that's what I've always been doing lol, I could play someone I know I'm pretty decent at... OR I could play Zilean mid even though I've never played him before in my life just because it seems like fun
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 18:41:19
August 14 2013 18:40 GMT
#5003
just keep in mind, it's a game above all else.

hell I played Vi mid last night, simply because she came up in this thread and it piqued my interest.
Carrilord has arrived.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 14 2013 18:45 GMT
#5004
I would wager you're most receptive to learning stimuli when you're having fun but this is totally speculation.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 14 2013 18:57 GMT
#5005
On August 15 2013 03:31 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 03:15 IMoperator wrote:
Is it true that you gain elo faster when you pick one champ and completely master them? Or is it better to have a few champs that you're pretty good at in order to counter pick or that would be better in some comps? Also, I wan to find a champ to play to diamond from plat 1, but the only champ I really enjoy playing and could play every game is TF, and he's either banned or they pick Fizz against me (fuck that fish, seriously). I wanna find another champ but nobody is as fun to me


It depends on how best you learn. Some people get insights into the game by sticking with one champion and observing how different situations vary around that fixed point. Other people get insights by triangulating from a variety of champions. Either way, the point is generally to be learning something useful whatever you are doing.

The surest way to gain Elo is to learn. The fastest way is to learn quickly.

Well, Elo is measured against others.

So you have to learn, learn quickly, and learn faster than everyone else.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 14 2013 19:00 GMT
#5006
On August 15 2013 03:35 Slusher wrote:
I've tried to narrow my champion pool many times, but I have this weird tendancy to Yolo Blaze it when it comes time to pick and I have an itch.

there was actually a point in Season 2 where I was undefeated on a certian champion I think I was like 12 or 13-0 before I lost the first game, and when it got above 10 I would get flamed in champion select by nerds who lolking their teammates for not playing said champion.

Sounds like my problem.

In chronological order, my last months have been tons of games in a row with :
Karma
Ryze
Shen
Wukong
Kayle

And now I'm back to rotating between champions.
The legend of Darien lives on
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 14 2013 19:02 GMT
#5007
So, I'm trying to refine/condense down my champion pool to those that I want to play and/or excel in their various roles/lanes. Some champions do overlap, but I think that's ok. So far, here's what I've come up with:

Top lane - Riven, Yi, Tryndamere, Zac
Mid lane - Diana, Kassadin, Ahri, Lux, Ryze, Twisted Fate
ADC - Caitlyn, Ezreal, Varus, Graves, Ashe
Jungle - Zac, Diana, Yi
Support - Kayle, Leona, Sona, Soraka, Lux

Are there any champions you feel I should add to my list, and if so, who and in what role. I should mention that, although the most champions I own can be applied to mid lane, I play mid lane the least, so I'm trying to shore up my champions there and am willing to cut a champ or two from that position.

Otherwise, the only champions I'm looking to pick up (as I prepare for my ranked qualification matches) are Thresh/Blitzcrank, Karthus, Kennen, Orianna, Kha'Zix, Nami, Jayce, and Elise.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 14 2013 19:05 GMT
#5008
Question, how relevant is strength to you?
Carrilord has arrived.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 14 2013 19:16 GMT
#5009
On August 15 2013 04:05 Slusher wrote:
Question, how relevant is strength to you?


It's nice, but I'd like to learn champs that require some skill/finesse to get good at them, because I want to get better with my mechanics, and sometimes brute force isn't enough for a team fight. Winning skirmishes is nice, but I find that winning in a 5v5 is more important.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 14 2013 19:28 GMT
#5010
On August 15 2013 04:05 Slusher wrote:
Question, how relevant is strength to you?

He's already playing pretty much only FotM/«OP» champions lol
The legend of Darien lives on
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:35:58
August 14 2013 19:34 GMT
#5011
On August 15 2013 04:02 Kinie wrote:
So, I'm trying to refine/condense down my champion pool to those that I want to play and/or excel in their various roles/lanes. Some champions do overlap, but I think that's ok. So far, here's what I've come up with:

Top lane - Riven, Yi, Tryndamere, Zac
Mid lane - Diana, Kassadin, Ahri, Lux, Ryze, Twisted Fate
ADC - Caitlyn, Ezreal, Varus, Graves, Ashe
Jungle - Zac, Diana, Yi
Support - Kayle, Leona, Sona, Soraka, Lux

Are there any champions you feel I should add to my list, and if so, who and in what role. I should mention that, although the most champions I own can be applied to mid lane, I play mid lane the least, so I'm trying to shore up my champions there and am willing to cut a champ or two from that position.

Otherwise, the only champions I'm looking to pick up (as I prepare for my ranked qualification matches) are Thresh/Blitzcrank, Karthus, Kennen, Orianna, Kha'Zix, Nami, Jayce, and Elise.


Yi I don't think can do very well vs. tops who know what they are doing as far as I can tell so far but I'm not going to be dumb enough to say I'm sure yet. He's fine mid/jungle, he just can't fend for himself in a long lane.

if mid is your least played role I don't feel like Kass is a good investment, he's strong but very match up nuance 1-5 imo. I have not played Ryze post nerf but I imagine it can be rough, and TF is a lot harder to master now with 4 second lock, but you said you like that so, he decently safe.

ADC-fine/well rounded

Jungle- Mabye add 1 AD that isn't super farm dependent like Jarvan or Lee?

support- ehhhhh Kayle is better at literally every position (even adc) than she is at support, I'm also part of the lux support hate train, any time you would say "lux seems like a good pick here" zyra is a better pick(opinion). Despite what it might seem like I was trying to say last night 'Raka's laning is pretty bad, and even though her lategame is strong, it isn't what I'd call rewarding/fun. Sona/Leona are super good, but I'd reccomend Nami over everyone else you have listed, Nami is the most fun support to play imo(and very rewarding).
Carrilord has arrived.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:45:30
August 14 2013 19:41 GMT
#5012
On August 15 2013 04:28 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 04:05 Slusher wrote:
Question, how relevant is strength to you?

He's already playing pretty much only FotM/«OP» champions lol


I'm trying to play champions that I enjoy playing. Of all the ones I listed, the only purchases I regret is Kayle and Soraka, and those are both 450 IP, so I'm not crying too much over them. Plus, both are kinda fun in ARAM, so...

Edit:

BTW, the only champ I bought for a FotM/OP reason was Kassadin, and I've yet o play as him so I don't even know if he's someone I enjoy or not.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:43:23
August 14 2013 19:42 GMT
#5013
Kayle is super good/underated but not as support, she's as bad at support as the people say.

either way I always recommend to new players to buy all 450 champions anyway so they can start playing Draft asap, Blind pick is for suckers.
Carrilord has arrived.
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
August 14 2013 19:45 GMT
#5014
On August 15 2013 04:02 Kinie wrote:
So, I'm trying to refine/condense down my champion pool to those that I want to play and/or excel in their various roles/lanes. Some champions do overlap, but I think that's ok. So far, here's what I've come up with:

Top lane - Riven, Yi, Tryndamere, Zac
Mid lane - Diana, Kassadin, Ahri, Lux, Ryze, Twisted Fate
ADC - Caitlyn, Ezreal, Varus, Graves, Ashe
Jungle - Zac, Diana, Yi
Support - Kayle, Leona, Sona, Soraka, Lux

Are there any champions you feel I should add to my list, and if so, who and in what role. I should mention that, although the most champions I own can be applied to mid lane, I play mid lane the least, so I'm trying to shore up my champions there and am willing to cut a champ or two from that position.

Otherwise, the only champions I'm looking to pick up (as I prepare for my ranked qualification matches) are Thresh/Blitzcrank, Karthus, Kennen, Orianna, Kha'Zix, Nami, Jayce, and Elise.


alot of your champs are really bad 5on5ers and you have tons of strong 1on1/skirmishers.

id strike the following from the list: trny, yi, kass, kayle, lux. and then add a bunch of strong initiate tanks top and jungle to round up your pool. Bot you should have sth to you can peel with as for now you have buff/damage supports and a few gimmicks. Leo is a pretty situational pick and tends to lose lane if she isnt in the right matchup. lux has a useless ult for a support. try to add stuff like janna/lulu/mb thesh or anything you can pick if they have tons of strong bruisers.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:52:47
August 14 2013 19:49 GMT
#5015
On August 15 2013 04:42 Slusher wrote:
Kayle is super good/underated but not as support, she's as bad at support as the people say.

either way I always recommend to new players to buy all 450 champions anyway so they can start playing Draft asap, Blind pick is for suckers.


Of the 450 IP champs, the only ones I saw that caught my attention for being fun were Ashe, Yi, Soraka, Annie, Kayle, Nunu, and Ryze. The only reason I don't own Annie or Nunu is because I never played jungle or mid lane as I was levelling to 30, as those were roles my other friends normally covered. I usually played top, adc or support based upon what was needed, though my preferred role is ADC.

Edit:

I agree with shoring up my Jungler role, and I'm ok with J4 or Lee, as those are champs I'd eventually like to get, they just aren't high up on my buy list. I'd also like to get Nami as well, but again, she wasn't high up on the list because when my mid friend isn't playing mid, she goes support on Nami.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 14 2013 19:52 GMT
#5016
if you have 16 champions more power to you, my point was blind pick is not a fun mode in my opinion and getting all the 450s is the fastest way out of that hellhole
Carrilord has arrived.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 14 2013 19:54 GMT
#5017
On August 15 2013 04:52 Slusher wrote:
if you have 16 champions more power to you, my point was blind pick is not a fun mode in my opinion and getting all the 450s is the fastest way out of that hellhole


Blind pick's ok, if for nothing else because you get experience vs. a wide range of champs that you normally wouldn't see in draft/ranked play.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 14 2013 19:55 GMT
#5018
I like Blind Pick. :< Ask Monte, hue.

Top: Renek, Shen, Rumble, Malph, Darius
Mid: Fizz, Panth, Kat, Wukong, Kennen
Jungle: Noc, Nasus, Eve, Zac, Udyr

That's my current roster of champions. I update the list roughly twice a month.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 19:57:59
August 14 2013 19:57 GMT
#5019
fuck Darius is so fun, talk about rewarding champions, Dunking puts a smile on my face every time.

I just can't enjoy blind pick, I'm with Yango on this one, All pick >>>>>>>
Carrilord has arrived.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 14 2013 20:00 GMT
#5020
If you really want to condense your roster, choose two per role. With nearly 4/5 picks per role, that's 25 possible picks. You'd have to play 3/4 games a day in a week just to pick each character once.

I'd also try to specialize in a role so that you can condense it down even more.

If you have such a wide roster there's really no point in limiting it.
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 310
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36881
Calm 5955
Bisu 2557
Rain 1562
Jaedong 1053
Horang2 722
BeSt 570
FanTaSy 448
Soma 425
Rush 393
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
Stork 298
Light 290
Snow 192
Zeus 191
ZerO 187
Mind 151
Barracks 105
910 103
Free 101
Killer 89
Hyun 49
Mong 48
Shinee 46
Sea.KH 46
sorry 45
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 26
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 16
Sexy 13
Trap 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7124
XaKoH 413
Counter-Strike
fl0m3154
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes343
Other Games
gofns36235
singsing2267
B2W.Neo945
olofmeister794
hiko418
Lowko331
Mlord314
Hui .189
DeMusliM163
Livibee159
djWHEAT110
RotterdaM98
Mew2King65
Trikslyr53
QueenE51
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3776
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade543
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 42m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 42m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.