• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:50
CEST 11:50
KST 18:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7838 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 249

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 331 Next
No more bad posting
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 14 2013 16:05 GMT
#4961
Groups or Semis. Be sure you can get tickets to the actual event before planning anything else though!
The_Unseen
Profile Joined March 2011
France1923 Posts
August 14 2013 16:06 GMT
#4962
On August 14 2013 14:13 Slusher wrote:
unless by the meta you mean popular adc picks, she isn't out of her element in this meta lol I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

she is good at BOTH 3-1-1 and anti wombo-combo.

I mean I guess you could use meta do desctibe current popular picks, she pairs poorly with current popular Ads and is bad vs current popular supports

sometimes it feels like Meta is to Esports as Para-neoplasitc syndrome is to house.


Just out of curiosity, what is 3/1/1?
I got five reasons for you to shut up
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 14 2013 16:07 GMT
#4963
unless u want to definitely see western teams play, 100% Grandfinals. Staples Center should be insane and who wouldn't wanna be part of that.
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
August 14 2013 16:08 GMT
#4964
lol ziggs has to be first champion which makes me laugh entire time when i walk to my lane, everything he says even the way he walks is hilarious
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 14 2013 16:09 GMT
#4965
On August 15 2013 00:59 caelym wrote:
I need help figuring out my plans for Worlds. Which weekend do you think would be the best experience? The earlier weekends provide a more intimate setting and chance to talk with more teams. Later weekends are more hype and "bigger" experience.

Poll: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

Grand Final 10/05 (14)
 
58%

Group Stages 09/20-21 (7)
 
29%

Semifinals 09/27-28 (3)
 
13%

24 total votes

Your vote: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

(Vote): Group Stages 09/20-21
(Vote): Semifinals 09/27-28
(Vote): Grand Final 10/05


This is an easy vote.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:11:38
August 14 2013 16:10 GMT
#4966
On August 15 2013 01:06 The_Unseen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 14:13 Slusher wrote:
unless by the meta you mean popular adc picks, she isn't out of her element in this meta lol I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

she is good at BOTH 3-1-1 and anti wombo-combo.

I mean I guess you could use meta do desctibe current popular picks, she pairs poorly with current popular Ads and is bad vs current popular supports

sometimes it feels like Meta is to Esports as Para-neoplasitc syndrome is to house.


Just out of curiosity, what is 3/1/1?

3-1-1 is a style of split push. 2 duelists usually go split the side lanes while 3 defend/distract in mid.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 14 2013 16:11 GMT
#4967
You're going there for the experience of a live event. You can watch all the games from home but the grand finals live experience will be > others.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:14:24
August 14 2013 16:12 GMT
#4968
On August 15 2013 01:06 The_Unseen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2013 14:13 Slusher wrote:
unless by the meta you mean popular adc picks, she isn't out of her element in this meta lol I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

she is good at BOTH 3-1-1 and anti wombo-combo.

I mean I guess you could use meta do desctibe current popular picks, she pairs poorly with current popular Ads and is bad vs current popular supports

sometimes it feels like Meta is to Esports as Para-neoplasitc syndrome is to house.


Just out of curiosity, what is 3/1/1?

It's a heavy splitpush/splitfarm style. 3 champs who are chosen for a combined ability to long range waveclear and/or prevent or stall out tower dives, while 2 strong duelists (vayne is loved for her ability to be a splitpushing ADC duelist here) or teamfighters who like to flank (Kennen, for example) freeze or shove the sidelanes. The lanes in the mid game end up looking like a trilane mid with two solo side lanes.

On August 15 2013 01:08 kongoline wrote:
lol ziggs has to be first champion which makes me laugh entire time when i walk to my lane, everything he says even the way he walks is hilarious

This is why I main Lulu.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:18:53
August 14 2013 16:13 GMT
#4969
I really don't think the choice is that easy. More time and more intimate setting with teams and media coverage cannot be underestimated... Of course the Grand Finals is the bigger spectacle but flying to LA just for one day feels really off to me.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:14:40
August 14 2013 16:14 GMT
#4970
Worlds is going to be the biggest fucking fail because of the way they set it up. The live portion of it at least.
Useless wet fish.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 14 2013 16:16 GMT
#4971
On August 15 2013 01:13 caelym wrote:
I really don't think the choice is that easy. More time and more intimate setting with teams and media coverage is cannot be underestimated... Off course the Grand Finals is the bigger spectacle but flying to LA just for one day feels really off to me.

Well you got to decide what's more important to you then. If it's not so much about being in the crowd for the best vs. the best at the end of a tournament, but rather being at an LoL event and interacting with other fans and the teams then I agree earlier could be the better choice for you
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 14 2013 16:20 GMT
#4972
On August 15 2013 01:14 Capped wrote:
Worlds is going to be the biggest fucking fail because of the way they set it up. The live portion of it at least.

Hyperbole much?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 14 2013 16:24 GMT
#4973
I'd say Semis. Feel like the hype train's gonna die down when SKT dukes it out against Frost in the finals because other regions suck. At least in the semis you get Chinese teams as well.
God Bless
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:28:25
August 14 2013 16:26 GMT
#4974
On August 15 2013 00:58 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 00:34 Alaric wrote:
Holy freaking crap what the hell I didn't know Ashe could do so much damage at level 2. o_o

I'm playing hyper-aggressive everytime I pick Lulu (going as far as to start flask+2 wards to sustain the trades and spamming habits) and what often happens is I get the enemy AD to around half health by level 2 while losing some myself, then I start running low on mana, pick my aggro more carefully, and I'm nearly oom by level 4 with their AD being around 2/3rd health and behind a little bit of farm.

Ashe informed me right at the start that he'll play aggro at level 2, so I willfully trade hits with Leona and Vayne, dropping the former to half-health at level 1, by the time she heals it's Vayne who's getting low. I bait a trade, and as Ashe hits 2 he goes in and starts wailing on them with the creep wave advantage, they burn Exhaust on him and both enemies retreat with around 100-150 HP left under their tower as we push it (and drop it to a third of its health by the time they come back).

I know Vayne+Leona is a super weak lane until 3, and Ashe+Lulu is a strong harassing duo to abuse that, but going from a poor average performance to plain wrecking the enemy duo and straight up win the lane just because my AD participated in the trades and went aggro too is such a huge difference.
Makes me wonder if the problem isn't only the way I play Lulu but also the fact that it works better when followed up on (it is "followed up on" or "followed upon"?) and it happens so rarely in soloQ.


Kinda sounds like you finally supported someone on the same wavelength as you. I hope you friended him cause I bet you'd have a lot of succes duoing with him.

And followed up on is correct I think. Followed upon sounds completely different to me (grammatically and phonetically). But I am 'murican and I ain't good at english.

Next game they had Nami so I went Leona, enemy picked Cait and I was all mopey because that'd be annoying to deal with, when our last pick took Graves, 21-0-9, ArPen marks and AD seals/glyphs/quints.
Need I say it didn't go as well? At least since our mid roamed a bit and he was premade with our jungler he got to show that he's actually got a good sense of how to go aggro during a gank/follow-up on my ults, but apart from that it was pretty ugly, especially the part when he's half health and level 1 under tower (short sword+2 pots start too so no long term sustain) and since I'm Leona I can't do anything about it. x)

(We didn't lose because of him, though, but he was pretty useless once mistakes from mid and mostly top gave the momentum back to the enemy team and he got denied the opportunity to keep farming his way back into relevance.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
August 14 2013 16:30 GMT
#4975
On August 15 2013 00:58 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2013 00:34 Alaric wrote:
Holy freaking crap what the hell I didn't know Ashe could do so much damage at level 2. o_o

I'm playing hyper-aggressive everytime I pick Lulu (going as far as to start flask+2 wards to sustain the trades and spamming habits) and what often happens is I get the enemy AD to around half health by level 2 while losing some myself, then I start running low on mana, pick my aggro more carefully, and I'm nearly oom by level 4 with their AD being around 2/3rd health and behind a little bit of farm.

Ashe informed me right at the start that he'll play aggro at level 2, so I willfully trade hits with Leona and Vayne, dropping the former to half-health at level 1, by the time she heals it's Vayne who's getting low. I bait a trade, and as Ashe hits 2 he goes in and starts wailing on them with the creep wave advantage, they burn Exhaust on him and both enemies retreat with around 100-150 HP left under their tower as we push it (and drop it to a third of its health by the time they come back).

I know Vayne+Leona is a super weak lane until 3, and Ashe+Lulu is a strong harassing duo to abuse that, but going from a poor average performance to plain wrecking the enemy duo and straight up win the lane just because my AD participated in the trades and went aggro too is such a huge difference.
Makes me wonder if the problem isn't only the way I play Lulu but also the fact that it works better when followed up on (it is "followed up on" or "followed upon"?) and it happens so rarely in soloQ.


Kinda sounds like you finally supported someone on the same wavelength as you. I hope you friended him cause I bet you'd have a lot of succes duoing with him.

And followed up on is correct I think. Followed upon sounds completely different to me (grammatically and phonetically). But I am 'murican and I ain't good at english.


Unwarranted English ahead:

Followed upon: verb is "follow" (to come after a person place time etc) with preposition "upon" (indicating specific time). E.g. "He followed me upon hearing the noise" or "She followed upon your entrance"

Followed up: phrasal verb construction with verb "follow" and and preposition "up". Means (to complete, to reify), e.g. "Please follow up your suggestion with a solution."

Followed up on: phrasal verb construction with verb "follow" participle "up" and preposition "on". Alternatively, with verb "follow up" (to investiage, to continue) derived from noun "follow-up" (meaning the act of following up). It references the doing of the action of following up (the doing of an act of completion, the doing of an act of reification). The construction is phrasal because the addition of "on" modifies the compound construction

E.g. "He jumped" vs "He jumped on the box". The verb references the same action, but in the second case you know more detail.
"She followed up the presentation with cookies" vs "She followed up on the presentation with cookies." In the former, the cookies are delivered subsequent to the presentation. In the latter, the cookies are part of a collection of actions following up the presentation that occurred later.

"Follow up" should be used when the action is a direct extension of what is being followed up.
"Follow up on" is a term that is awful and probably originating from corporate culture and turning verbs into nouns into verbs again. It is almost always unnecessary, even though it has grown to have distinct meaning. Compare: "I will follow up on that" and "I will follow that up"
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 16:36:20
August 14 2013 16:35 GMT
#4976
On August 15 2013 00:59 caelym wrote:
I need help figuring out my plans for Worlds. Which weekend do you think would be the best experience? The earlier weekends provide a more intimate setting and chance to talk with more teams. Later weekends are more hype and "bigger" experience.

Poll: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

Grand Final 10/05 (14)
 
58%

Group Stages 09/20-21 (7)
 
29%

Semifinals 09/27-28 (3)
 
13%

24 total votes

Your vote: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

(Vote): Group Stages 09/20-21
(Vote): Semifinals 09/27-28
(Vote): Grand Final 10/05



Feel like Semi's is being hugely underrated in this poll.

You get to watch 2 bo5 series of what are probably the 4 best teams in the world. Potentially a western team could be in the semis (keep dreaming?). Potentially a China vs. Korea showdown. Potentially a Korea vs. Korea showdown. Feels like it could be an epic day of games
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 14 2013 16:36 GMT
#4977
Grand Finals sounds awesome. Besides, it'll be the last time you see Kobe happy in the Staples Center.

HEYO!
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 17:06:19
August 14 2013 16:37 GMT
#4978
So you can say "they followed up my initiation with <their stuff>" to indicate what they did, and "they followed upon my initiation" to indicate when they did it? Thanks.

Also how come I have so much trouble dealing with Vlad as Irelia? Isn't the match-up supposed to be quite even, or did the s3 changes in general gimp her that much that she just loses it? He rushed Wraith Spirit off of boots start, but after that he went straight for mercs which bring nothing to the match-up except reducing my slow, and even with Spectre's Cowl+Cutlass (and MR quints) I'd drop around half his health with a full combo (if I get a stun) w/o ult nor ignite, then he just spam Q and E on me such that he'd have reversed the health advantage before even half of Hiten Style's cooldown passed.
Can't 100-0 him anyway because of Pool, I'd need to bait it out or drop him so low than next fight I can fight him, chase his pool, and kill him afterwards while tanking the turret and his ult if needed, which is made impossible by how much he sustains between trades.

He even spent a bunch of the lane tanking minion aggro since he was autoing me when he could, but once he had revolver he just outsustained that too on top of the rest.
With Spectre's, MR quints and the sustaim from Hiten+Cutlass I'd have expected better than that. <<
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 14 2013 16:49 GMT
#4979
On August 15 2013 00:59 caelym wrote:
I need help figuring out my plans for Worlds. Which weekend do you think would be the best experience? The earlier weekends provide a more intimate setting and chance to talk with more teams. Later weekends are more hype and "bigger" experience.

+ Show Spoiler +
Poll: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

Grand Final 10/05 (14)
 
58%

Group Stages 09/20-21 (7)
 
29%

Semifinals 09/27-28 (3)
 
13%

24 total votes

Your vote: Assuming same costs, which weekend of Worlds would you go to?

(Vote): Group Stages 09/20-21
(Vote): Semifinals 09/27-28
(Vote): Grand Final 10/05


Groups, personally. I was to see as many teams play in person as possible.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 14 2013 17:00 GMT
#4980
On August 15 2013 01:36 Jerubaal wrote:
Grand Finals sounds awesome. Besides, it'll be the last time you see Kobe happy in the Staples Center.

HEYO!

Nice. You really found his Achilles heel. Errr... tendon.

I attended Grand Finals last year and it really is all about the spectacle and the hype, and the crowd is going to be electrified for GF.

For group stages, the hype is kinda meh, and thus watching people play videogames live is also meh to me. On the other hand, if you're into team interaction, you probably will have a better bet going to those since the crowds will most likely be thinner.

(For that matter, I really hated how lower level seating is priced more than higher level seating, when in the end you're both just watching a TV.)
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3884
Bisu 726
Hyuk 643
Soma 331
Rush 273
BeSt 227
Sexy 111
Mong 110
ToSsGirL 76
Stork 68
[ Show more ]
Killer 62
Mind 45
ZerO 37
Shinee 36
sorry 19
Yoon 16
Hm[arnc] 13
NaDa 13
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc3939
Counter-Strike
olofmeister788
byalli531
shoxiejesuss517
edward73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
gofns43843
singsing992
ceh9688
dupreeh260
crisheroes230
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1692
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.