• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

100 Windows Shortcuts - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-09 23:27:49
December 09 2008 23:27 GMT
#21
F11 to fullscreen toggle a window isn't on there either.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-09 23:31:13
December 09 2008 23:27 GMT
#22
http://freepctech.com/pc/xp/xpindex.shtml found this cool shit

lol i just did http://www.freepctech.com/pc/xp/xp00075.shtml and it was so sad watching the little dog just get up and walk away for some reason.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
December 09 2008 23:33 GMT
#23
Yeah, these things speed things up so much.

The windows button combos are very nice.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
December 09 2008 23:35 GMT
#24
On December 10 2008 08:02 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 07:59 IzzyCraft wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:25 Bill307 wrote:
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)
• BACKSPACE (View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)

Didnt know about these before, and they look useful, too. Thanks.

I used to use this but i just rebinded my mouse forward and back to do that for me. God i love side buttons. as far as renaming just click on the name in the right spot and wait and it will allow you to rename.

hahahahahahahaha, good luck with that ^_-

Its so easy renaming MP3's I should make a video about it using all the shortcuts.

What I do is open the album folder click the first song hit f2, rename the file (in the format of ## Title - Artist - Album) once I do that I ctrl+C the 'Artist - Album' and then press enter. Down arrow, f2 rename ## Title Ctrl+V. Rinse repeat.

Or if you wanna look like a pro just rename all the ## Title first. Then go back to the top and do the ' - Artist - Album' with space before the first hyphen and just spam f2, ctrl+V, enter, down arrow, over and over.

Then I go into properties and copy everything.

waywaywaywaywayway too much work

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
December 09 2008 23:35 GMT
#25
I need a shortcut to "create new folder" cant find one tnx anyways charlie
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
December 09 2008 23:49 GMT
#26
On December 10 2008 08:35 malongo wrote:
I need a shortcut to "create new folder" cant find one tnx anyways charlie


right click on the place where you need a new folder, then press w, then press f. There must be a better way to do this though.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 10 2008 00:28 GMT
#27
I didn't know a lot of these. thanks.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 10 2008 00:32 GMT
#28
I learned most of these when my mouse was broken for like 2 months.

I didn't even know it was possible to do so much with just a keyboard.
Chains none
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
December 10 2008 00:33 GMT
#29
On December 10 2008 08:49 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 08:35 malongo wrote:
I need a shortcut to "create new folder" cant find one tnx anyways charlie


right click on the place where you need a new folder, then press w, then press f. There must be a better way to do this though.

Apparently there isn't one out there that is shorter. Looked it up on google, and it says windows doesn't provide one.

However,
http://www.lockergnome.com/knight17/2007/09/02/new-folder-keyboard-shortcut-mdaxel_freeware_download/
there is a 16K .exe ^^ that allows you to set a keyboard shortcut to create a new folder. Haven't tried it out, but hopefully it works for you.
Dunk.vn
Profile Joined December 2006
United States197 Posts
December 10 2008 00:36 GMT
#30
On December 10 2008 08:02 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Ctrl+F is good for firefox too, helps you find things on a page.


the best way is to use "/". It will help you find stuff even faster! :D
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 10 2008 00:37 GMT
#31
I nominate this thread for Sticky.

So useful :D!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 01:17:35
December 10 2008 01:11 GMT
#32
On December 10 2008 08:35 Carnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 08:02 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:59 IzzyCraft wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:25 Bill307 wrote:
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)
• BACKSPACE (View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)

Didnt know about these before, and they look useful, too. Thanks.

I used to use this but i just rebinded my mouse forward and back to do that for me. God i love side buttons. as far as renaming just click on the name in the right spot and wait and it will allow you to rename.

hahahahahahahaha, good luck with that ^_-

Its so easy renaming MP3's I should make a video about it using all the shortcuts.

What I do is open the album folder click the first song hit f2, rename the file (in the format of ## Title - Artist - Album) once I do that I ctrl+C the 'Artist - Album' and then press enter. Down arrow, f2 rename ## Title Ctrl+V. Rinse repeat.

Or if you wanna look like a pro just rename all the ## Title first. Then go back to the top and do the ' - Artist - Album' with space before the first hyphen and just spam f2, ctrl+V, enter, down arrow, over and over.

Then I go into properties and copy everything.

waywaywaywaywayway too much work

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html


I don't like these tag programs. I wanna rename the files/folders/ID3 how I want them and even if I am allowed to do that with this program (by setting up my format), i'd still have to fix spelling errors, capitalize, rename each song title anyways. and you still have to put thr tracks into order and specify which is which.
and I'll usually fill the comments with featured artists or producers and what not.

I'll dl and check it out though.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 01:13:23
December 10 2008 01:12 GMT
#33
On December 10 2008 09:33 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 08:49 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On December 10 2008 08:35 malongo wrote:
I need a shortcut to "create new folder" cant find one tnx anyways charlie


right click on the place where you need a new folder, then press w, then press f. There must be a better way to do this though.

Apparently there isn't one out there that is shorter. Looked it up on google, and it says windows doesn't provide one.

However,
http://www.lockergnome.com/knight17/2007/09/02/new-folder-keyboard-shortcut-mdaxel_freeware_download/
there is a 16K .exe ^^ that allows you to set a keyboard shortcut to create a new folder. Haven't tried it out, but hopefully it works for you.



imo that would be more useful with creating a new TXT document.
what i usually do is just leave an empty new text document.txt on the desktop, write some shit in it and then save it as something else.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
NightToad
Profile Joined July 2008
60 Posts
December 10 2008 01:30 GMT
#34
Nice! I didn't know about some of these.

Keyboard junkies should also check out Vimperator.

Awesomely useful if you can learn how to use it. (You won't ever have to touch your keyboard again when using FireFox)
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 01:34:46
December 10 2008 01:32 GMT
#35
On December 10 2008 07:25 Bill307 wrote:
Show nested quote +
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)
• BACKSPACE (View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)

Didnt know about these before, and they look useful, too. Thanks.


I abuse these so much

I cant believe this guide doesnt have a proper ctrl + w -> close window, and lists alt+enter twice (and I only use alt enter to maximize videos/dos/whatever)

also in vista ctrl+tab (or was it windows key+tab) does an alternate alttab animation that shows the actual windows
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
December 10 2008 01:36 GMT
#36
f2 for rename would've helped me a ton a while ago
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
December 10 2008 01:37 GMT
#37
Accessibility Keyboard Shortcuts
• Right SHIFT for eight seconds (Switch FilterKeys either on or off)
• Left ALT+left SHIFT+PRINT SCREEN (Switch High Contrast either on or off)
• Left ALT+left SHIFT+NUM LOCK (Switch the MouseKeys either on or off)
• SHIFT five times (Switch the StickyKeys either on or off)
• NUM LOCK for five seconds (Switch the ToggleKeys either on or off)



lolol
first thing I do with a new computer is disable those shortcuts

most annoying thing ever
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
December 10 2008 01:39 GMT
#38
On December 10 2008 10:37 fusionsdf wrote:
Accessibility Keyboard Shortcuts
• Right SHIFT for eight seconds (Switch FilterKeys either on or off)
• Left ALT+left SHIFT+PRINT SCREEN (Switch High Contrast either on or off)
• Left ALT+left SHIFT+NUM LOCK (Switch the MouseKeys either on or off)
• SHIFT five times (Switch the StickyKeys either on or off)
• NUM LOCK for five seconds (Switch the ToggleKeys either on or off)



lolol
first thing I do with a new computer is disable those shortcuts

most annoying thing ever

never even seen these before

Only obscure one I know of is the sticky keys when u press shift 5 times really fast (which i learned on accident in some flash game). Still don't know what the fuck it does though.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
December 10 2008 02:44 GMT
#39
On December 10 2008 07:27 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Also, I don't know if this is in there but if you press the first alphanumeric character when in a folder it will jump to it. So like
C:/Program Files then press 'S' and it'll take you to starcraft (or near it anyways).

and if you keep pressing it it will scroll down through the S's. \


This is the same kind of idea when you are in your cell phone contact list.


Actually it can handle more than just the first alphanumeric character, so in case you have a bunch of stuff that comes alphabetically before Starcraft, you can actually type star and it will go to that folder. I'm unsure of how much delay it allows between letters before it resets though.
Moderator
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
December 10 2008 02:58 GMT
#40
Naice.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings85
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
SHIN 29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 219
ByuN 110
SHIN 29
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18369
Calm 10079
Rain 3307
soO 788
BeSt 399
Stork 390
Soulkey 365
Soma 339
Rush 274
firebathero 259
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 245
Bisu 220
Barracks 121
Mind 63
Shinee 50
Last 46
Killer 36
Sexy 36
Sharp 24
HiyA 23
Pusan 22
Light 22
Shine 21
ToSsGirL 20
Terrorterran 20
sorry 19
hero 18
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 14
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 6
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5743
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
gofns30283
singsing1583
Pyrionflax235
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 64
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• Jankos2917
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 42m
OSC
12h 42m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.