• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

100 Windows Shortcuts - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
December 10 2008 02:59 GMT
#41
Amazing shortcut. I knew most of them, but the F2 one will definitely come in handy.
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
December 10 2008 03:20 GMT
#42
This just reminds me that I've been using windows for far too long...


Didn't know the F2 for rename though, thnx *_*
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
December 10 2008 03:42 GMT
#43
On December 10 2008 07:19 CharlieMurphy wrote:
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)


You seriously just changed my life.
._.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
December 10 2008 08:43 GMT
#44
Can we change thread title to 'F2 OWNS AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW NOOB'
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
December 10 2008 08:49 GMT
#45
lol thanks a lot! some of those are really helpful
aka. Samael
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
December 10 2008 08:53 GMT
#46
On December 10 2008 07:19 CharlieMurphy wrote:
• CTRL+SHIFT while dragging an item (Create a shortcut to the selected item)


You can Alt+ drag an item to create a shortcut as well
hymn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Bulgaria832 Posts
December 10 2008 09:00 GMT
#47
Too bad I rarely use windows nowadays
azk he is the north american player but the titan he is the french stars
garista
Profile Joined January 2003
Germany165 Posts
December 10 2008 12:27 GMT
#48
CTRL+SHIFT+ESC: opens task manager.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 12:39:07
December 10 2008 12:36 GMT
#49
On December 10 2008 10:11 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 08:35 Carnac wrote:
On December 10 2008 08:02 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:59 IzzyCraft wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:25 Bill307 wrote:
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)
• BACKSPACE (View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)

Didnt know about these before, and they look useful, too. Thanks.

I used to use this but i just rebinded my mouse forward and back to do that for me. God i love side buttons. as far as renaming just click on the name in the right spot and wait and it will allow you to rename.

hahahahahahahaha, good luck with that ^_-

Its so easy renaming MP3's I should make a video about it using all the shortcuts.

What I do is open the album folder click the first song hit f2, rename the file (in the format of ## Title - Artist - Album) once I do that I ctrl+C the 'Artist - Album' and then press enter. Down arrow, f2 rename ## Title Ctrl+V. Rinse repeat.

Or if you wanna look like a pro just rename all the ## Title first. Then go back to the top and do the ' - Artist - Album' with space before the first hyphen and just spam f2, ctrl+V, enter, down arrow, over and over.

Then I go into properties and copy everything.

waywaywaywaywayway too much work

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html


I don't like these tag programs. I wanna rename the files/folders/ID3 how I want them and even if I am allowed to do that with this program (by setting up my format), i'd still have to fix spelling errors, capitalize, rename each song title anyways. and you still have to put thr tracks into order and specify which is which.
and I'll usually fill the comments with featured artists or producers and what not.

I'll dl and check it out though.



Use this program + windows commander (total commander it's called now).

This is what i do (I like to have every song named in small letters and including the artist)
step 1: mp3tag action tag to filename (i get artist - track)
step 2: total commander mass rename - all lowercase
step 3: mp3tag action filename to tag (i get the same thing in the tag only with small letters)

total commander also has a function to capitalize each first letter of the file name (first letter of each word lowercase), and also mass rename in case there are spelling mistakes that appear a lot of times.

I get like 200-300 new songs a month. If i were to manually rename everything I would go insane.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
December 10 2008 12:37 GMT
#50
yeah..the F2 thing is awesome, I`ve just found it like 1-2 months ago
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
December 10 2008 12:43 GMT
#51
holy shit i never knew about the F2 thing.

I remember I rejoiced when I first learned about win+m and win+d, when some Dell computer came with a list of about 20 shortcuts
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
December 10 2008 13:34 GMT
#52
F2 is awesome, it only highlights the filename and not the extension as well.
#1 Terran hater
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
December 10 2008 21:38 GMT
#53
On December 10 2008 21:36 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 10:11 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On December 10 2008 08:35 Carnac wrote:
On December 10 2008 08:02 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:59 IzzyCraft wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:25 Bill307 wrote:
• F2 key (Rename the selected item)
• BACKSPACE (View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)

Didnt know about these before, and they look useful, too. Thanks.

I used to use this but i just rebinded my mouse forward and back to do that for me. God i love side buttons. as far as renaming just click on the name in the right spot and wait and it will allow you to rename.

hahahahahahahaha, good luck with that ^_-

Its so easy renaming MP3's I should make a video about it using all the shortcuts.

What I do is open the album folder click the first song hit f2, rename the file (in the format of ## Title - Artist - Album) once I do that I ctrl+C the 'Artist - Album' and then press enter. Down arrow, f2 rename ## Title Ctrl+V. Rinse repeat.

Or if you wanna look like a pro just rename all the ## Title first. Then go back to the top and do the ' - Artist - Album' with space before the first hyphen and just spam f2, ctrl+V, enter, down arrow, over and over.

Then I go into properties and copy everything.

waywaywaywaywayway too much work

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html


I don't like these tag programs. I wanna rename the files/folders/ID3 how I want them and even if I am allowed to do that with this program (by setting up my format), i'd still have to fix spelling errors, capitalize, rename each song title anyways. and you still have to put thr tracks into order and specify which is which.
and I'll usually fill the comments with featured artists or producers and what not.

I'll dl and check it out though.



Use this program + windows commander (total commander it's called now).

This is what i do (I like to have every song named in small letters and including the artist)
step 1: mp3tag action tag to filename (i get artist - track)
step 2: total commander mass rename - all lowercase
step 3: mp3tag action filename to tag (i get the same thing in the tag only with small letters)

total commander also has a function to capitalize each first letter of the file name (first letter of each word lowercase), and also mass rename in case there are spelling mistakes that appear a lot of times.

I get like 200-300 new songs a month. If i were to manually rename everything I would go insane.

I'm gonna need your help with this later
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 22:41:05
December 10 2008 22:37 GMT
#54
Lawl @ some people not knowing F2.
Some more good stuff, hope it wasn't mentioned already:

Backspace = go back (browser) or to parent folder (Explorer)
Alt + double click = properties of selected item (often faster than Alt + Enter)
Shift + Delete = delete, don't move to recycle bin
Windows key, then Esc, then Tab to cycle through elements in the taskbar. Not really useful but w/e.
Ctrl + Tab = switch to next sub-window/tab
Alt + PrintScreen = screenshot current window only (PrintScreen = screenshot full desktop). The screenshot is saved in the clipboard in case you didn't know (so open up Paint or something and paste it in)
Ctrl + Shift + Esc = task manager
Ctrl + Pos1/Home = go to start of document
Ctrl + End = go to end of document
Windows + [1-4]: open respective quicklaunch item

Not a shortcut but closely related:
To copy/paste from a command prompt (Win+R "cmd"), right-click on the cmd window bar -> properties -> quick edit mode. Paste text into window: right-click. Copy text from window: select it and press right-click, then it's in the clipboard.
Still sucks but at least it's *possible*.

One thing to keep in mind for Explorer:
When drag'n'dropping a file to the same partition/device, the action is MOVE
When drag'n'dropping a file to another partition/device, the action is COPY

Firefox shortcuts:
Alt + Left/Right = back/forward
/ = search
' = search on links only
Ctrl + L = go to location bar
Ctrl + K = go to search bar
middle mouse button on a link (or Ctrl + click) = open it in new tab
middle mouse button on a tab = close tab
Ctrl + W = close tab
Ctrl + J = downloads
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-10 22:40:35
December 10 2008 22:40 GMT
#55
On December 11 2008 07:37 0xDEADBEEF wrote:
Alt + PrintScreen = screenshot current window only (PrintScreen = screenshot full desktop)

I`ve forgot this, thanx
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
December 10 2008 23:04 GMT
#56
excellent!! :D
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
2eZ4No1
Profile Joined April 2006
United States4 Posts
December 11 2008 18:10 GMT
#57
most retarded thread in this world
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
December 11 2008 22:09 GMT
#58
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh f2 omg
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-11 22:12:28
December 11 2008 22:10 GMT
#59
Nevermind.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings85
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
SHIN 29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 219
ByuN 110
SHIN 29
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18369
Calm 10079
Rain 3307
soO 788
BeSt 399
Stork 390
Soulkey 365
Soma 339
Rush 274
firebathero 259
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 245
Bisu 220
Barracks 121
Mind 63
Shinee 50
Last 46
Killer 36
Sexy 36
Sharp 24
HiyA 23
Pusan 22
Light 22
Shine 21
ToSsGirL 20
Terrorterran 20
sorry 19
hero 18
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 14
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 6
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5743
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
gofns30283
singsing1583
Pyrionflax235
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 64
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• Jankos2917
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 42m
OSC
12h 42m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.