• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:14
CEST 04:14
KST 11:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

[Poll] Tshirt Sizes for JellyCat logo - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
July 12 2007 20:39 GMT
#81
On July 13 2007 00:00 ilovepony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2007 23:06 Physician wrote:
mnm but will there be different logos options? I don't mind the little pony, in fact my daughter thinks its great but I would really prefer something less "cute". I am personally terrified of my little pony flashbacks and I don't I think I am manly enough to wear such a logo on me. Forgive me if the issue was addressed elsewhere already.

[image loading]


Ohohohoo, I LOVE these ponies
A size small TL T-shirt with ponies on it... Are these T-shirts designed for me??
It's not a pony, it's a horse. However horsies are cute.

T-shirt sizes are always totally random. Sometimes small are bigger than a medium. Really tricky to get the right size. Almost never go wrong with small tho, I dont like when the fit is too loose.
I blame the fat people.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
thoraxe
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1449 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-12 21:39:55
July 12 2007 21:38 GMT
#82
OMG! It looks so cool! Thanks for including the flags! Very detailed. VERY NICE, I LIKE! (like Borat)


*edit* I was so excited that I forgot to mention that small and medium where my sizes of choice. hehehe
Obama singing "Kick Ass" Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghFBt-fXmw&feature=player_embedde
suffeli *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Finland772 Posts
July 12 2007 22:09 GMT
#83
Just a quick technical note... because it is auto traced with Illustrator, at least it really looks like it, there seems to be a lot of really fine hairlines especially on the grass and the flags. These _might_ cause some serious unpleasing blobby and blurred printing errors. It depends how good quality the inks and the screens are too. I think the pony should have stronger outline it looks very weak at the moment and it gets lost with the rest of the images.

I don't really like the idea of a traced drawing since it looks like a cross dress between a real drawing and a computer generated vector art. The original logo could have been drawn in a larger size so it would have all the great details that made the original good.

Well it certainly looks too childish for me to wear anyway...
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
July 13 2007 00:05 GMT
#84
i would wear that t-shirt in the club.

i <3 you rad nerds.
bboyldy
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Korea (North)664 Posts
July 13 2007 06:55 GMT
#85
i think it looks better with the flags colored
expressing myself through the form of dancing
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
July 13 2007 07:20 GMT
#86
not ordering...gl teamliquid
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
July 13 2007 07:23 GMT
#87
On July 12 2007 19:13 Empyrean wrote:
There's no Chinese flag, which really bothers me.

Haha

I'd probably go with a medium, but I don't know how the shirt sizes work out.


The Chinese flag is by the neck...are you blind?

Yea, it would look better w/ colored flags but oh well =]
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
July 13 2007 10:03 GMT
#88
On July 13 2007 16:23 Metal[x] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2007 19:13 Empyrean wrote:
There's no Chinese flag, which really bothers me.

Haha

I'd probably go with a medium, but I don't know how the shirt sizes work out.


The Chinese flag is by the neck...are you blind?

Yea, it would look better w/ colored flags but oh well =]


Ahhhh i thought you meant something else the first time i read that, but yea its there.

J/w about how much are they gonna be?
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 13 2007 10:57 GMT
#89
Incontrol voted. I can tell cause only 1 vote for XXX large.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
s4rk
Profile Joined December 2003
Philippines137 Posts
July 13 2007 11:06 GMT
#90
i want one

medium
o rly
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 13 2007 11:34 GMT
#91
On July 13 2007 07:09 suffeli wrote:
Just a quick technical note... because it is auto traced with Illustrator, at least it really looks like it, there seems to be a lot of really fine hairlines especially on the grass and the flags. These _might_ cause some serious unpleasing blobby and blurred printing errors. It depends how good quality the inks and the screens are too. I think the pony should have stronger outline it looks very weak at the moment and it gets lost with the rest of the images.

I don't really like the idea of a traced drawing since it looks like a cross dress between a real drawing and a computer generated vector art. The original logo could have been drawn in a larger size so it would have all the great details that made the original good.

Well it certainly looks too childish for me to wear anyway...

I think it's cool that you're trying to help even though a) you're not interested in buying one and b) it beat two of your own designs.

Hopefully JellyCat and the others will see this post and see what they can do.

As for me, when it is ready I think I will have to see if I can talk one of my Paypal-having friends into buying one for me...
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-13 12:22:25
July 13 2007 12:08 GMT
#92
"Hopefully JellyCat and the others will see this post and see what they can do."

Yup, I agree too. suffeli advice is technical and unfortunately its good advice (unfortunate because it might delay once mnm/jellycat read it). If one wants the silk screen printed logo to last and look good for a good few years and avoid the blobby/blurring you NEED to take care of those little details - we were lucky with the starcraftgamers.com peon wireframe logos cause d4d knew all about that stuff!

Btw zoe is getting a small sized one. I am sure that even if I mustered up the balls to wear it with the horse logo, I will be shit out of luck - cause 3XL won't be an option.
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
July 13 2007 17:00 GMT
#93
i'll buy a small. please try the shirts before u buy them in bulk. i dont want to wear a cheap quality tshirt w awful dimensions. pls think of the ppl w some fashion sense
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
July 13 2007 17:21 GMT
#94
Is it just me, or is the BC humongous in comparison to the other, subtle grass units?

IMO, it just takes the focus away from the horse and it's so distracting.

Am i alone here? ._.
Hates Fun🤔
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
July 13 2007 19:49 GMT
#95
Yeah I remember when I first saw the re-done shirt, I couldn't stop staring at that big blob. Then I glanced at the grass elsewhere and realized they were sc units -_- .
JellyCat
Profile Joined June 2004
Canada138 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-13 20:37:56
July 13 2007 20:34 GMT
#96
Hey

Thanks for all the comments, hopefully we\'ll be able to provide something good :O

Trying to answer different questions:
- Chinese flag, BC size etc..
=> As said some posts above, the Chinese flag is in. I also thought the BC was too big and some parts of the scarf weren\'t looking too good so I\'ve done some change on it just after mnm created this thread. That\'s the version mnm and Saro have at the moment (in vector file):
[image loading]


Hope it looks better...

- Trace drawing vs real drawing: Fact that I\'ve done it with Illustrator. It wasn\'t a choice really, the tshirt printing sites just want vector files and there\'s not much we can do about it... And anyway I\'m not sure doing a high res version of the logo under say Painter would have been better. Pen/charcoal usually don\'t look very good on tshirts...
So, yeah, the feel is quite different from the original but the original was a 100*100 file and it was quite easier to suggest things instead of drawing them... I tried to do my best reviving the feel of the original design. Sorry if it disappoints some people... :/

- Fine airlines on grass and flags: the actual size of the jpeg in this thread _might_ not show how it will really look in real size. During the printing process we should have lots of feedback from the website showing us how it will really look like (size, colours, look etc...). I hope we\'ll be able to detect any problem at that time.
From the feedback I got from people working in graphic design in general, the vector file as it is now doesn\'t seem to be a problem for shirt printing.

- Stronger outlines: I\'m not sure I understand what you mean by \'stronger outline\'. Especially because the outline is kinda the same of the original logo (or maybe you already thought that about the original one :p)
If you could give me some hints on what you were thinking that would help a lot (or even a quick modified version of the jpeg ?)

- Tshirt size / price / etc... That s the kind of question only mnm or Saro will be able to answer. Apparently there are two different sizes scheme depending on the type of tshirt selected. Basically it\'s american apparel vs the others.
No idea about the price -_- But the fact it\'s only two colours should help keeping it cheap.

Now we just have to spam mnm and Saro to have some more details
uvaer
Profile Joined April 2007
Norway157 Posts
July 13 2007 22:24 GMT
#97
medium
d4d
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland1066 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-13 23:47:48
July 13 2007 23:38 GMT
#98
agree with sufferli about the outline of the horse being too fine.
From a distance the horse itself will not be visible, only the scarf... The ouline is perfect now for screen use... but not for a t-shirt. You need everything exagerated on that "media"

The noise and fine line sufferli talked about are also a problem (well, it's just cleaner without)

Also, this is direct printing right (at least that's where I left the debate)?
If then why leave the colors out ?
You need separated colors for silk printing or flex.
With direct printing, you can have as many colors as you want, it doesn't change the price in my knowledge.

If you need help getting the file print ready, I already, and still am offering my help.

A Pen/charcoal drawing that is then vectorized does look best on t-shirt than a redone vectorized version of a drawing.
If you have a pen/charcoal version of the logo (even on paper) I would gladly help to vectorized it for better results.
luck is not a factor
TL+ Member
JellyCat
Profile Joined June 2004
Canada138 Posts
July 14 2007 00:50 GMT
#99
From what mnm told me it's going to be silkscreen. So there definitely is a limitation on the number of colours...

d4d if you want I can send you the AI file so that you can have a look and try things altogether.

I still have doubts about the noise / fine line thing. I do understand the back and chest of the horse could be more defined as well as reducing some details on the US flag for example. I just don't really get it when I try to compare it with the huge noise and small lines of the high res versions of Suffeli's designs... Maybe it's just because of my lack of experience in that kind of things : /

I would have love to do a proper pen/charcoal drawing. The problem is that what looks great with pen/charcoal it the texture it has but it involves a large number of colours which is a big no with silkscreen ?
vhallee
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
899 Posts
July 14 2007 01:01 GMT
#100
i'd go with a medium one...
Marijuana causes amnesia and other things I don't remember.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.