• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8066 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 603

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 5997 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
August 08 2018 20:41 GMT
#12041
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 20:46 GMT
#12042
On August 09 2018 05:37 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:31 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:29 Plansix wrote:
I don’t’ think anyone is here to defend the Trump administration’s efforts. Only to caution jumping to conclusions that the US supplied them with two drones and 2 pounds of C4 based on Venezuela’s not so functional government.


Literally no one said that. It's the second time you've suggested that's what this was about despite literally no one putting forward that argument.

Please stop.

Lol, and just like that someone calls your completely fabricated strawman "sensible"...


How people have put forth absolutely nothing supporting their assumption that the US's open support of regime change in no way could have been related to attempt to change regimes and not feel totally asinine reminds me of how you guys treat blind Trump supporters.

You literally posted the article stating that the US was up to its old games.

https://www.liquiddota.com/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=601#12018

So if you are not arguing the US is behind it, what are you saying? Are you saying we can safely assume it was the US?


First, that's a completely different argument than the fabricated bullshit about the drones you put forward 2x

I'm saying that the US, beyond it's threats of invasion, crippling sanctions openly intended to destabilize the country/economy, and long history of supporting some of the most gruesome and heinous groups as well as training them and providing funding etc... "looks" like it's still up to it's old games. Actively pushing for regime change, so much so as not even condemning the attempted assassination of a (unrecognized by the US and Allies) world leader.

And being accused (with evidence, even if one doesn't trust it) of being tied to it.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 20:48:23
August 08 2018 20:47 GMT
#12043
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 20:54:58
August 08 2018 20:49 GMT
#12044
And being accused (with evidence, even if one doesn't trust it) of being tied to it.


Here's the important part. It's not that someone doesn't trust it here: nobody has actually seen it. Post it, it might swing everyone into your camp. As is, we only have indications at best. And those do not necessarily point to the US alone.

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.


Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.
On track to MA1950A.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 20:50:45
August 08 2018 20:50 GMT
#12045
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2018 20:52 GMT
#12046
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 20:57:34
August 08 2018 20:54 GMT
#12047
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming. Or at least thinking it had any value to the discussion.

On August 09 2018 05:49 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
And being accused (with evidence, even if one doesn't trust it) of being tied to it.


Here's the important part. It's not that someone doesn't trust it here: nobody has actually seen it. Post it, it might swing everyone into your camp. As is, we only have indications at best. And those do not necessarily point to the US alone.

Show nested quote +
I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.


Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


+ Show Spoiler +
Step by step: evidence of the assassination attempt

-A drone was located in the business center Cipreses by the group number 2, referred to as “group BRAVO.” It was manipulated from the 10th floor by a terrorist group trained in the Colombian town of Chinacota, in the northern province of Santander.

-The terrorists made preparatory observations ahead of the attempt on the July 24 parade in the state of Carabobo, yet did not eventually launch the attack then because of a lack of preparation, just as they eventually canceled on July 5 on the celebration of the Independence.

-They were confirmed that the public event on Aug.4 would take place on Avenida Bolivar in the afternoon, instead of the Avenida Los Proceres, and brought a drone to this location —the one the military officials identified and technological teams neutralized.

-They lifted the drone above all the structures of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice, but it was then disturbed in its trajectory by technological equipment —used in order to inhibit signals. Meanwhile, the first group activated the second drone.

-They had planned to use two drones, one that would explode with a pentrite chemical component, while the second one was meant to draw the attention somewhere else by crashing against a building called Don Eduardo, exploding with a C4 component.

-Maduro reported that he was immediately told there was an attack going on and tried to organize immediately the evacuation in a bid to preserve the security of the crowd.

-Ten minutes later, Maduro received a call from the Armed Forces' General saying they had caught two people with drone command equipment that seemed to be involved in the attack, then a few minutes later they caught others. “People's intelligence allowed the quick apprehension of these terrorists.”

-Identified terrorists include: Rayder Russo, resident of Colombia, and Osman Delgado, resident of the United States.

-More raids are being carried out in order to arrest other groups involved in the consummation of the attack.

-The masterminds of the attack are people who participated in the 2017 violent demonstrations in Venezuela.

-The people involved in the attack were offered US50 million and residency in the United States.


I started with that. Where are you on that?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 20:59:09
August 08 2018 20:55 GMT
#12048
On August 09 2018 05:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming.


Dude, instead of foaming around here, just make a clear statement.

What were you trying to say, because clearly, people seem to misunderstand it. Lets go from there.

edit: @Plansix

Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


Earlier edit.

edit2

I started with that. Where are you on that?


Link please.
On track to MA1950A.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2018 21:00 GMT
#12049
Ok, Interesting. It sounds like I need to do a bit more reading. There seems a lot of information out there, some of it not so great.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 21:03 GMT
#12050
On August 09 2018 05:55 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming.


Dude, instead of foaming around here, just make a clear statement.

What were you trying to say, because clearly, people seem to misunderstand it. Lets go from there.

edit: @Plansix

Show nested quote +
Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


Earlier edit.

edit2

Show nested quote +
I started with that. Where are you on that?


Link please.


Let's start there.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=601#12018
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:21:31
August 08 2018 21:12 GMT
#12051
On August 09 2018 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 05:55 m4ini wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming.


Dude, instead of foaming around here, just make a clear statement.

What were you trying to say, because clearly, people seem to misunderstand it. Lets go from there.

edit: @Plansix

Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


Earlier edit.

edit2

I started with that. Where are you on that?


Link please.


Let's start there.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=601#12018


Okay.

Next step. Literally your first sentence in that posting is "looks like the US is still up to its old games", just to make sure that your claim of "you people argue nothing i said" is baseless - you very much implied that the US "looks like to be involved". But lets go to the substance of the statement:

Well i can't. There's none. There's claims step by step, including pointing out how heroic Maduro is.

Yeah, it's interesting information if true. But come on man. Believing this, or better: not doubting this is on the same level as trusting that america always does the right thing. You only need to look at your own government to understand the levels of bullshit here. The only way this gets resolved (and in fact, people including Luis Almagro are calling for it) is by a group of international experts. I'd go as far as yeah, without US experts - send the dutch.

As is, there's zero evidence for anything, just claims by Maduro and claims by the alleged group that orchestrated the attack.

edit: to be clear, and i said it before: i absolutely would believe if someone shows actual evidence (fabricated or not, just something) that the US is behind everything, or "pushed for it". But so far, there's really nothing other than a bad relationship between Venezuela (since Chavez) and the US.

And that's me saying that as someone who thinks that the US is the reason for pretty much everything shit in the middle east currently.
On track to MA1950A.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 21:27 GMT
#12052
On August 09 2018 06:12 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:55 m4ini wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming.


Dude, instead of foaming around here, just make a clear statement.

What were you trying to say, because clearly, people seem to misunderstand it. Lets go from there.

edit: @Plansix

Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


Earlier edit.

edit2

I started with that. Where are you on that?


Link please.


Let's start there.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=601#12018


Okay.

Next step. Literally your first sentence in that posting is "looks like the US is still up to its old games", just to make sure that your claim of "you people argue nothing i said" is baseless - you very much implied that the US "looks like to be involved". But lets go to the substance of the statement:

Well i can't. There's none. There's claims step by step, including pointing out how heroic Maduro is.

Yeah, it's interesting information if true. But come on man. Believing this, or better: not doubting this is on the same level as trusting that america always does the right thing. You only need to look at your own government to understand the levels of bullshit here. The only way this gets resolved (and in fact, people including Luis Almagro are calling for it) is by a group of international experts. I'd go as far as yeah, without US experts - send the dutch.

As is, there's zero evidence for anything, just claims by Maduro and claims by the alleged group that orchestrated the attack.


You're confusing arguments, just to be clear.

P6 specifically was arguing against a completely fabricated point I wasn't making, which would have been something to the effect of "they couldn't have got those drones without US help" which I nor anyone else made so I see no reason other than to tear down one's own strawman to say it in the first place.

There isn't really a neutral party to be found in the world so it's mostly just putting together a group that aren't just US allies with economic ties that Trump may tweet about if they say the wrong thing.

As I said, it would be more out of character for the US not to try to assassinate him than to be connected to this. While not a direct connection to this specific assassination attempt, there was plenty leading up to this that suggested the US does support the attempt on his life (even if just implicitly), as well as not condemning it. Not to mention not being their first attempt in the country this side of 2000.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:38:58
August 08 2018 21:29 GMT
#12053
The only thing we can say for sure is that the appears to be a drone attack with explosives and that it appears to be a genuine attempt to attack as opposed to a false flag operation. There is zero evidence that the CIA is involved. It is probable that it is, but the onus of proof should be on the person making the claim.

It is also zero evidence that the CIA isn't involved. The arguemnts that the CIA would be competent holds no water, and CIA isn't going to be sending American trained military personel to assasinate Maduro; they need the plausible deniability and lack of trace back to them.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 21:29 GMT
#12054
On August 09 2018 06:12 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 06:03 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:55 m4ini wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:52 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:47 Plansix wrote:
On August 09 2018 05:41 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm still mostly amazed that tomorrow my newspaper is going to have an article that heavily implies that there was no attack at all...

I hadn’t followed it that closely, but it sounds like both of the drones failed to deliver their payload and were captured by the government, fully intact. I think implying that attack allegedly took place is a bit much. But if your paper can’t confirm the attack through eye witnesses, they should disclose that.

Edit: GH, that was always my argument, that we don't know who did it yet. You just couldn't' be bothered to ask for clarification.


No. You mentioned some bullshit about Drones and a cheap-shot about Venezuela's economy and I pointed out that no one was making that argument. You repeated it, I called you out again, now you're doing this.

If you put a little thought behind what I said, you would have realized that I mean they could have acquired the drones from anyone in the world. Same with the C4, which is not unique to the US. Stop being so personally offended when people disagree with the conclusions you jump to.


Pretty sure everyone knows exactly what you meant. It wasn't complicated. It just had nothing to do with anything. I don't know who would be foolish enough to assume those couldn't be obtained without US support so I can't understand why you would refute a claim literally no one was making or assuming.


Dude, instead of foaming around here, just make a clear statement.

What were you trying to say, because clearly, people seem to misunderstand it. Lets go from there.

edit: @Plansix

Uhm.. No.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2018/08/07/drones-attack-maduro-caracas/

Pictures of first drone losing control/hitting a wall and exploding, and video of second drone exploding midair.

I'd argue they got the C4 part right, or something similar. It's not black powder based - i'm not sure if it's a kilogram though, maybe i overestimate C4 but i think a kg would look different.


Earlier edit.

edit2

I started with that. Where are you on that?


Link please.


Let's start there.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=601#12018


Okay.

Next step. Literally your first sentence in that posting is "looks like the US is still up to its old games", just to make sure that your claim of "you people argue nothing i said" is baseless - you very much implied that the US "looks like to be involved". But lets go to the substance of the statement:

Well i can't. There's none. There's claims step by step, including pointing out how heroic Maduro is.

Yeah, it's interesting information if true. But come on man. Believing this, or better: not doubting this is on the same level as trusting that america always does the right thing. You only need to look at your own government to understand the levels of bullshit here. The only way this gets resolved (and in fact, people including Luis Almagro are calling for it) is by a group of international experts. I'd go as far as yeah, without US experts - send the dutch.

As is, there's zero evidence for anything, just claims by Maduro and claims by the alleged group that orchestrated the attack.


You're confusing arguments, just to be clear.

P6 specifically was arguing against a completely fabricated point I wasn't making, which would have been something to the effect of "they couldn't have got those drones without US help" which I nor anyone else made so I see no reason other than to tear down one's own strawman to say it in the first place.

There isn't really a neutral party to be found in the world so it's mostly just putting together a group that aren't just US allies with economic ties that Trump may tweet about if they say the wrong thing.

As I said, it would be more out of character for the US not to try to assassinate him than to be connected to this. While not a direct connection to this specific assassination attempt, there was plenty leading up to this that suggested the US does support the attempt on his life (even if just implicitly), as well as not condemning it. Not to mention not being their first attempt in the country this side of 2000.

edit: to be clear, and i said it before: i absolutely would believe if someone shows actual evidence (fabricated or not, just something) that the US is behind everything, or "pushed for it". But so far, there's really nothing other than a bad relationship between Venezuela (since Chavez) and the US.

And that's me saying that as someone who thinks that the US is the reason for pretty much everything shit in the middle east currently.


I wouldn't call openly calling for regime change and meeting with opposition groups, instituting economic sanctions intended to destabilize the country, and so on "no evidence the US pushed for it".

We've made one thing clear though, our government does NOT condemn it.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:47:13
August 08 2018 21:31 GMT
#12055
Well this may or may not end up being a big story. Apparently Omarosa has tapes of conversations with Trump in the WH, at least some of which confirm her statements in her book per her publisher. Some people have heard some of the tapes so we know they are real. Trump will be pissed even if they are relatively harmless.



The book is likely full of garbage but tapes make her a lot more potentially dangerous than the other Trump insider tell alls.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:40:55
August 08 2018 21:40 GMT
#12056
On August 09 2018 06:29 GreenHorizons wrote:
P6 specifically was arguing against a completely fabricated point I wasn't making, which would have been something to the effect of "they couldn't have got those drones without US help" which I nor anyone else made so I see no reason other than to tear down one's own strawman to say it in the first place.

I never argued that. My posts says the US could have provided the drones or helped with the attack.

On August 09 2018 04:53 Plansix wrote:
Not for nothing, but loading up a drone with some C4 isn’t rocket science. Both of those things exist in South America without the assistance of the US. I could buy a drone that could carry that much C4 today(2 pounds) and be flying in my back yard this afternoon. Not saying that isn’t something the US would attempt, but this is an staggering amount of information they have discovered in a very short period of time.


This is my exact post. I cautioned against believing that it was from the US based only on press release from the Venezuelan goverment. The only one setting up a strawman is you for no real reason.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 21:43 GMT
#12057
On August 09 2018 06:40 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 06:29 GreenHorizons wrote:
P6 specifically was arguing against a completely fabricated point I wasn't making, which would have been something to the effect of "they couldn't have got those drones without US help" which I nor anyone else made so I see no reason other than to tear down one's own strawman to say it in the first place.

I never argued that. My posts says the US could have provided the drones or helped with the attack.

Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 04:53 Plansix wrote:
Not for nothing, but loading up a drone with some C4 isn’t rocket science. Both of those things exist in South America without the assistance of the US. I could buy a drone that could carry that much C4 today(2 pounds) and be flying in my back yard this afternoon. Not saying that isn’t something the US would attempt, but this is an staggering amount of information they have discovered in a very short period of time.


This is my exact post. I cautioned against believing that it was from the US based only on press release from the Venezuelan goverment. The only one setting up a strawman is you for no real reason.


The bold is you building and knocking down a strawman of your own creation, a caution for literally no one.

No one was "believing that it was from the US based only on press release from the Venezuelan goverment." either. Please stop doing this.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2018 21:44 GMT
#12058
I literally don't even know what you are arguing anymore.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:46:26
August 08 2018 21:45 GMT
#12059
Oops quote instead of edit.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
August 08 2018 21:46 GMT
#12060
On August 09 2018 06:44 Plansix wrote:
I literally don't even know what you are arguing anymore.


I'm reasonably confident you never did. And just posted something asinine to feel relevant to the discussion. That or you were simply trying to undermine the accusations by building a strawman you were comfortable knocking down. I suppose only you know which.

User was temp banned for this post.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 5997 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko89
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1071
Shuttle 904
firebathero 665
Jaedong 500
BeSt 347
Hyuk 338
Mong 329
Horang2 279
Hyun 213
Soma 193
[ Show more ]
Stork 145
Bisu 127
Larva 120
PianO 98
Sexy 82
Rush 73
Mind 65
Shine 60
910 52
Shinee 34
Sharp 32
HiyA 31
Pusan 29
Bale 28
ZerO 27
sSak 26
Yoon 26
ZergMaN 24
Hm[arnc] 23
hero 17
sorry 15
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe112
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1217
shoxiejesuss1037
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King310
Other Games
gofns42932
summit1g7429
singsing1120
ceh9604
KnowMe152
Pyrionflax136
Livibee76
DeMusliM69
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick447
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1009
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Shiphtur418
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 11m
Patches Events
6h 11m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.