• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8438 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 2148

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 6001 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
February 26 2020 17:59 GMT
#42941
On February 27 2020 02:34 ShoCkeyy wrote:
The propaganda machine is working really hard in south florida against Bernie Sanders. They keep posting articles around Bernie "proudly" endorsing the Cuban Revolution and the Castros, which is completely out of context. Now a lot of Blue South Floridians are starting to turn on Bernie, it's quite sad to see how the propaganda machine can easily change peoples minds without even looking into facts.

It's kind of dumb to claim you are a socialist in America though. Especially when in fact you are the archetype of the social-democrat.

I understand that it's calculated and that it allows him to build a base of millenials with romantic dreams of The Revolution and ending capitalism and I see why it's good idea to let them fantasize while working on basically making the US look a little more like Denmark, but it gives a shitloads of ammo to the republicans and centrist democrats who can just portray him as, well, a socialist. Which, again, in american terminology, he is obviously not.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 26 2020 18:04 GMT
#42942
The notion that anything should or should not be campaigned on because it gives the opposition “ammo” is just another facet of the establishment Democratic Party’s obsession with “electability,” a concept that both has a poor track record of determining actual electoral success and effectively hamstrings any and all party movements to the left. It literally does not matter what Sanders runs on, he will be painted as a socialist all the same, so while I find some of Sanders’ lack of polish on situating his brand of “socialism” bothersome, I also think claims that he’s torpedoing his shot because he even uses the word are vastly overstated.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 18:38:34
February 26 2020 18:38 GMT
#42943
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.
Life?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
February 26 2020 18:44 GMT
#42944
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.



Yes, that is partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation. On the other hand, Cubans other than the rulers were dirt poor before the revolution too. Batista was about as corrupt as you possibly can be. Fidel didn't help the country and Raúl is not taking the opportunities to change. But the country was poor to begin with and got seriously fucked over when the USSR disintegrated. Some of that fucking over was done by the US out of historical spite.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 26 2020 18:46 GMT
#42945
On February 27 2020 03:44 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.



Yes, that is partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation. On the other hand, Cubans other than the rulers were dirt poor before the revolution too. Batista was about as corrupt as you possibly can be. Fidel didn't help the country and Raúl is not taking the opportunities to change. But the country was poor to begin with and got seriously fucked over when the USSR disintegrated. Some of that fucking over was done by the US out of historical spite.

This is essentially my take on the issue as well.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
February 26 2020 18:51 GMT
#42946
One thing that was really unsettling last night was how much disdain people conveyed for Cuba. The fuck? They were pretending Cuba is like the KKK. The idea that nothing Cuba did should ever be praised was super chilling. That's not the party I want. I want a party that understands even our worst enemies have some great ideas.

There is no shame in complimenting your enemy. There IS shame in letting hate blind you.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 18:56:15
February 26 2020 18:53 GMT
#42947
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:04:36
February 26 2020 19:02 GMT
#42948
On February 27 2020 03:51 Mohdoo wrote:
One thing that was really unsettling last night was how much disdain people conveyed for Cuba. The fuck? They were pretending Cuba is like the KKK. The idea that nothing Cuba did should ever be praised was super chilling. That's not the party I want. I want a party that understands even our worst enemies have some great ideas.

There is no shame in complimenting your enemy. There IS shame in letting hate blind you.


Reminder that the US government considered killing innocent people in/around Florida (Operation Northwoods) to make Cuba look bad and also Rejected Cuban medical assistance while people died from a lack of it around Katrina.

In separate Washington press briefings, both the White House and State Department spokesmen this week downplayed the Cuban government’s offer to send some 1,600 medics, field hospitals and 83 tons of medical supplies to ease the humanitarian disaster.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack asserted last week that the Cuban medical brigade would probably not be needed since there has been a “robust response from the American medical community.”


www.nbcnews.com
The disdain for Cuba is totally irrational imo
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:17:23
February 26 2020 19:16 GMT
#42949
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

Show nested quote +
partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people weren't as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry. Bautista was a US pawn, while Castro was USSR pawn. Castro only hated the US after the US denied him.
Life?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:23:26
February 26 2020 19:17 GMT
#42950
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.

A small sample from his wiki:

Back in power, and receiving financial, military, and logistical support from the United States government,[7][8] Batista suspended the 1940 Constitution and revoked most political liberties, including the right to strike.

...

Many people were killed, with estimates ranging from hundreds to about 20,000 people killed.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
February 26 2020 19:21 GMT
#42951
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.
Life?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
February 26 2020 19:25 GMT
#42952
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
February 26 2020 19:29 GMT
#42953
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:39 farvacola wrote:
Of course they are, they’re in full-throated Castro lover accusation mode.


Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.
Life?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:44:48
February 26 2020 19:43 GMT
#42954
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]

Here I am wishing he was that big a fan of Castro, who I'd probably rank better than any US president, given his circumstances.


The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel and Brazil) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:53:59
February 26 2020 19:50 GMT
#42955
On February 27 2020 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
[quote]

The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

Show nested quote +
A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com


That's the problem, what makes you think that money will affect the daily lives of the Cuban people? It won't, it'll just go into the pockets of the powerful.

Here's some old articles about the "genocide" of Cuban people using starvation which is still a huge problem till this day. Then Castro has the nerve to say it's the worlds fault...

https://apnews.com/77fc824c2e7ef138407c0698537c60fe

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/millions-of-cubans-facing-starvation-hunger-is-fuelling-an-exodus-of-desperate-refugees-writes-phil-1417691.html

The Cuban people die daily of starvation, but you think the Cuban government is going to report on that? Hardly. The Cuban government has so much money, enough to end the hunger, and poverty on the island multiple times over, but they don't. The Castro's only enrich themselves.
Life?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
February 26 2020 19:56 GMT
#42956
On February 27 2020 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
[quote]

The Castros are pieces of shits. Like literal pieces of shit. I don't think there is a reasonable comparison to any US Presidents aside from Trump...


I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel and Brazil) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

Show nested quote +
A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com

Cuba is sort of the inverse of Israel, treated with a persistent shittiness out of proportion to its power based on where it’s located.

Not going to go into the wider Cuba discussion, it does rather devolve quickly, why it was thrown at Sanders after all.

I do like that we’re starting to hear more of the ‘other countries can have universal healthcare that costs less’ as a talking point, not really within the confines of this thread but I’ve encountered many folks on my travels where this is new information that has changed opinions.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
JohnDelaney
Profile Joined November 2019
Ireland73 Posts
February 26 2020 20:12 GMT
#42957
On February 27 2020 04:50 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com


That's the problem, what makes you think that money will affect the daily lives of the Cuban people? It won't, it'll just go into the pockets of the powerful.

Here's some old articles about the "genocide" of Cuban people using starvation which is still a huge problem till this day. Then Castro has the nerve to say it's the worlds fault...

https://apnews.com/77fc824c2e7ef138407c0698537c60fe

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/millions-of-cubans-facing-starvation-hunger-is-fuelling-an-exodus-of-desperate-refugees-writes-phil-1417691.html

The Cuban people die daily of starvation, but you think the Cuban government is going to report on that? Hardly. The Cuban government has so much money, enough to end the hunger, and poverty on the island multiple times over, but they don't. The Castro's only enrich themselves.

Your articles are dated November 16, 1996 and 2 July 1994.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 20:30:30
February 26 2020 20:14 GMT
#42958
On February 27 2020 04:50 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com


That's the problem, what makes you think that money will affect the daily lives of the Cuban people? It won't, it'll just go into the pockets of the powerful.

Here's some old articles about the "genocide" of Cuban people using starvation which is still a huge problem till this day. Then Castro has the nerve to say it's the worlds fault...

https://apnews.com/77fc824c2e7ef138407c0698537c60fe

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/millions-of-cubans-facing-starvation-hunger-is-fuelling-an-exodus-of-desperate-refugees-writes-phil-1417691.html

The Cuban people die daily of starvation, but you think the Cuban government is going to report on that? Hardly. The Cuban government has so much money, enough to end the hunger, and poverty on the island multiple times over, but they don't. The Castro's only enrich themselves.


That first article is about both the Pope (anti-communist btw), and Castro decrying sanctions and the starving of people around the world as a result, not just Cuba.
+ Show Spoiler +
``Why is it (the world) not equally moved by that genocide which is taking place every day in front of our eyes?″

``Why is it that criminal policies and absurd blockades that include food and medicines are being added ... with the purpose of annihilating whole populations with hunger and diseases?″ Castro said.

The pope opened the summit on Wednesday by denouncing the use of economic embargoes and sanctions.

Which again the UN now agrees are unjust.

The second are anecdotes from some person I am unable to identify (I guess he writes obits?) and pointing to people fleeing on rafts, which I admit is bad, but I'm not arguing he was perfect. Just better than US presidents.

Neither are citations of him killing everyone. Also the US has ~500,000 sleeping on the streets, 11,000,000 kids experiencing food insecurity, 10's of thousands dying from lack of medical care, etc... while being the wealthiest country on the planet and the top 3 people holding more wealth than the bottom 100,000,000+ people in this country.

EDIT: Just want to recap that thus far the argument has been that Castro is worse than all US presidents besides maybe Trump because Castro killed everyone by way of starvation (and US foreign policy doesn't count against US presidents).

With those two articles from the 90's as the supporting evidence.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 21:16:10
February 26 2020 21:11 GMT
#42959
On February 27 2020 04:56 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2020 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:21 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:17 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 04:16 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:53 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 27 2020 03:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On February 27 2020 02:54 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I think the data/history shows otherwise and would be willing to demonstrate as much with a specific president of your choice.

EDIT: Generally speaking, GWB is easily worse based on Iraq alone.


While US presidents have yes, fucked over other countries, they at least haven't fucked their own country. The Castros have literally fucked their own country to the dark ages. Everyone is dirt fucking poor in Cuba except those in power. I don't think you can compare them ever.


I already told you I can and will. Though by inexplicably excluding the president's primary domain of influence (foreign policy) you've already significantly tilted the table.

When it comes to wealth distribution, Cuba is better than the US, and it improved dramatically as soon as Castro took power. Adv. Fidel

partially on the Castros for sucking horribly at recognizing their geopolitical situation.


You mean not being willing to be a vassal of the US while they pillaged their resources? Or not letting the CIA assassinate him in one of their dozens of attempts?


I visit Cuba very frequently, and wealth distribution is non existent in Cuba, so I don't now where you're getting that kind of data from. Even if Cubans were dirt poor before Castro, Bautista still provided a better life for Cubans than what Castro has done for Cuba. Overall, Castro himself admitted that the people we're as hungry under Bautista, where under Castro every Cuban went hungry.


I guess if you're actually arguing Batista was better there's nowhere to go from here.


Bautista only killed the middle class, and his political opponenets, Castro killed everyone. As a person with a large Cuban heritage, all my family agrees that Castro was 100x worse than Bautista. Yes Bautista was still shit, Castro was total shit.


"Castro killed everyone" is just hyperbolic nonsense. I'd venture to say your ability to frequently travel to Cuba and your family's preference for Batista are probably related (statistically speaking).


I don't prefer either or, but the only thing good that came out of Castro was his Education system, which is what Bernie endorses, but also the reason why all the Cubans are up in arms because Bernie endorsed one idea of the Castro regime. Imagine just one idea from Castro and almost every Cuban is against Bernie in an instant. Castro did kill everyone, whether you don't want to believe it or not, he let his Cuban population starve, and still starve till this day.


citation needed for killing everyone.

I trust if the US listened to literally every other country on the planet (other than Israel and Brazil) and lifted the embargo there'd be a lot less poverty.

A United Nations agency said on Tuesday an “unjust” U.S. financial and trade embargo on Cuba had cost the country’s economy $130 billion.


www.reuters.com

Cuba is sort of the inverse of Israel, treated with a persistent shittiness out of proportion to its power based on where it’s located.

Not going to go into the wider Cuba discussion, it does rather devolve quickly, why it was thrown at Sanders after all.

I do like that we’re starting to hear more of the ‘other countries can have universal healthcare that costs less’ as a talking point, not really within the confines of this thread but I’ve encountered many folks on my travels where this is new information that has changed opinions.


Saudi Arabia is still beheading people and bombing/starving innocent children with our material support. Both Cuba and Saudi Arabia have national healthcare though. Israel too if you don't consider Palestinians.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 21:29:06
February 26 2020 21:28 GMT
#42960
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 6001 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1240
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 280
Rex 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55009
Calm 3926
Shuttle 3078
Bisu 1381
FanTaSy 1243
firebathero 386
Stork 277
Hyuk 262
Zeus 244
Mini 239
[ Show more ]
Soma 237
actioN 219
EffOrt 213
Rush 212
Soulkey 167
Last 144
Light 132
ZerO 119
Snow 103
Mong 75
PianO 68
Dewaltoss 66
Pusan 58
Killer 45
Barracks 44
JYJ 43
hero 38
Free 37
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 32
NotJumperer 32
Bale 31
Aegong 23
Shine 22
Sharp 22
yabsab 20
Sacsri 19
HiyA 18
Noble 18
sorry 17
Dota 2
Gorgc6679
Dendi543
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1441
kRYSTAL_137
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko380
Other Games
gofns32869
singsing2000
B2W.Neo705
crisheroes260
DeMusliM231
hiko182
Livibee107
byalli47
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
32m
OSC
9h 47m
Replay Cast
10h 32m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.