• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7985 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 2025

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 6000 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 02:42:55
January 15 2020 02:30 GMT
#40481
https://democrats.org/debate-live-stream/

I like how Biden mentions 'I did that / It was me/ I was there' on every subject. He still has trouble with stumbling or breaking off sentences a lot though.

Not sure why Steyer does the camera lens stare like this.

They are steering to some Warren/Sanders drama. "Senator Warren, why is Sanders wrong?' Before she could even say if she agreed or disagreed with Sanders statement lol.

Bernie looks good and fired up

Are they really required to call Buttigieg 'major 'every time?
Neosteel Enthusiast
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 02:42:58
January 15 2020 02:40 GMT
#40482
Sanders landed a good shot on Joe after being relatable on trade. I think the FP part will be a wash but Trade is going to Bernie so far. It's kinda obvious it's Biden v Sanders going forward though with these performances thus far I think.

lol Steyer piling on Warren, Biden, and Pete for supporting trade deals ignoring climate change.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
January 15 2020 02:46 GMT
#40483
What are people's thoughts on the USMCA?

AFIAK Bernie is the only one against it on the stage, which is pretty bold since it's got some big support.
A lot (not all) of big unions support it.
Seems like it will help certain sectors of the US economy, have some unclear effects in other sectors from what I can tell.

This is the best debate I've seen so far. Good questions on foreign policy and the economy. Hold up getting into Warren Sanders
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 15 2020 02:47 GMT
#40484
- Bernie Sanders, why did you say the bad thing?
- I didn't.
- Elizabeth Warren, how did you feel when Bernie said the bad thing?

What the actual fuck...
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
January 15 2020 02:48 GMT
#40485
On January 15 2020 11:47 Nebuchad wrote:
- Bernie Sanders, why did you say the bad thing?
- I didn't.
- Elizabeth Warren, how did you feel when Bernie said the bad thing?

What the actual fuck...


Yeah, uh, that was... incredible?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 02:50:55
January 15 2020 02:49 GMT
#40486
LOL Warren bragging that she won a democratic election in Massachusetts, God.
Yeah, that moderator was so obviously pro-Warren.
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 02:50:27
January 15 2020 02:50 GMT
#40487
double post
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
January 15 2020 02:59 GMT
#40488
Based on that bullshit debate skirmish between Warren and Sanders, I'm officially voting for Sanders over Warren now. That's some ridiculous moderator bias + Warren making a last ditch effort by misrepresenting statistics. I'm disappointed, Warren. I'd been going back and forth between the two for months now, and this tips the scales big time for me.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 15 2020 02:59 GMT
#40489
On January 15 2020 11:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2020 11:47 Nebuchad wrote:
- Bernie Sanders, why did you say the bad thing?
- I didn't.
- Elizabeth Warren, how did you feel when Bernie said the bad thing?

What the actual fuck...


Yeah, uh, that was... incredible?

I feel like I heard the audience kind of gasp at that bullshit
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 03:04:31
January 15 2020 03:01 GMT
#40490
The phrasing on these healthcare questions are so negative on Sanders from the start wtf

'How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?' ???
Neosteel Enthusiast
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 15 2020 03:04 GMT
#40491
On January 15 2020 12:01 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
The phrasing on these healthcare questions are so negative on Sanders from the start wtf

'How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?' ???


Going mask off against social democracy.
No will to live, no wish to die
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
January 15 2020 03:06 GMT
#40492
On January 15 2020 12:01 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
The phrasing on these healthcare questions are so negative on Sanders from the start wtf

'How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?' ???

I'll give it to you they put Bernie on the back foot. But It's not entirely unwarranted. His plan is ridiculously expensive relative to the field and he has transparency issues with how it's going to be paid for and at times seems out of touch with the consequences that spending 30 trillion on his plan will have.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 03:12:41
January 15 2020 03:11 GMT
#40493
On January 15 2020 12:06 Gorgonoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2020 12:01 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
The phrasing on these healthcare questions are so negative on Sanders from the start wtf

'How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?' ???

I'll give it to you they put Bernie on the back foot. But It's not entirely unwarranted. His plan is ridiculously expensive relative to the field and he has transparency issues with how it's going to be paid for and at times seems out of touch with the consequences that spending 30 trillion on his plan will have.


Rewatch his answer. The first thing he said was that the 30 trillion are also going to get spent under the current system: you can't logically argue that he's not being transparent without arguing that all the plans that intend to keep the system also lack transparency. You can attack the notion that it will cost less or the same, I don't know for a fact that it's true, but they aren't attacking the notion, they're just flat out saying that he isn't answering a question that he answered.

This leads me to believe it btw, cause if it wasn't true that his plan would save money, they would absolutely be attacking him on that instead of lying about him not answering.
No will to live, no wish to die
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
January 15 2020 03:13 GMT
#40494
I wish I had the balls to not vote D no matter what this election. Establishment democrats sicken me almost as much as Trump.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
January 15 2020 03:15 GMT
#40495
On January 15 2020 11:59 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Based on that bullshit debate skirmish between Warren and Sanders, I'm officially voting for Sanders over Warren now. That's some ridiculous moderator bias + Warren making a last ditch effort by misrepresenting statistics. I'm disappointed, Warren. I'd been going back and forth between the two for months now, and this tips the scales big time for me.

Can you elaborate? Missed that
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 03:20:05
January 15 2020 03:18 GMT
#40496
On January 15 2020 12:15 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2020 11:59 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Based on that bullshit debate skirmish between Warren and Sanders, I'm officially voting for Sanders over Warren now. That's some ridiculous moderator bias + Warren making a last ditch effort by misrepresenting statistics. I'm disappointed, Warren. I'd been going back and forth between the two for months now, and this tips the scales big time for me.

Can you elaborate? Missed that

Strongly suspect that Warren is playing off the relative unpopularity of Sanders amongst women voters and questionable narrative that he is a misogynist with that BS story. I don't know what DPB means but I just don't buy, I suspect it's a dishonest, strategic move by Warren and it makes me distrust her.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Gorgonoth
Profile Joined August 2017
United States468 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-15 03:24:51
January 15 2020 03:20 GMT
#40497
On January 15 2020 12:11 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2020 12:06 Gorgonoth wrote:
On January 15 2020 12:01 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
The phrasing on these healthcare questions are so negative on Sanders from the start wtf

'How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?' ???

I'll give it to you they put Bernie on the back foot. But It's not entirely unwarranted. His plan is ridiculously expensive relative to the field and he has transparency issues with how it's going to be paid for and at times seems out of touch with the consequences that spending 30 trillion on his plan will have.


Rewatch his answer. The first thing he said was that the 30 trillion are also going to get spent under the current system: you can't logically argue that he's not being transparent without arguing that all the plans that intend to keep the system also lack transparency. You can attack the notion that it will cost less or the same, I don't know for a fact that it's true, but they aren't attacking the notion, they're just flat out saying that he isn't answering a question that he answered.

This leads me to believe it btw, cause if it wasn't true that his plan would save money, they would absolutely be attacking him on that instead of lying about him not answering.

What I mean by having transparency issues with it is him skirting around the fact that he will be increasing taxes heavily to pay for his plan. Biden and others have had to hammer that out of him in previous debates at least. This is to be expected, no one expects a candidate to put their least popular part of a plan forward first. Maybe I missed it, but I've heard Sanders admit many times that his plan costs more. I mean a it's hard to imagine a 30+ trillion dollar plan actually costing the same as Joe's Obamacare 2.0.

Also, not sure if you watched the other debates but it's literally Joe's entire attack (that it costs too much) on Sanders every time, same from Pete, Klobuchar and others in the past.
EDIT: Think I misunderstood what you said about them attacking him on lying.
In previous debates, I recall exchanges with Joe calling him out on "lying" with regards to his healthcare plans.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
January 15 2020 03:22 GMT
#40498
This is bizzare. Why would the government manufacture drugs when they can just import them from overseas?
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
January 15 2020 03:22 GMT
#40499
On January 15 2020 12:18 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2020 12:15 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 15 2020 11:59 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Based on that bullshit debate skirmish between Warren and Sanders, I'm officially voting for Sanders over Warren now. That's some ridiculous moderator bias + Warren making a last ditch effort by misrepresenting statistics. I'm disappointed, Warren. I'd been going back and forth between the two for months now, and this tips the scales big time for me.

Can you elaborate? Missed that

Strongly suspect that Warren is playing off the relative unpopularity of Sanders amongst women voters and questionable narrative that he is a misogynist with that BS story. I don't know what DPB means but I just don't buy, I suspect it's a dishonest, strategic move by Warren and it makes me distrust her.


It was 95% this type of move.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
KlaCkoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1661 Posts
January 15 2020 03:22 GMT
#40500
On January 15 2020 11:47 Nebuchad wrote:
- Bernie Sanders, why did you say the bad thing?
- I didn't.
- Elizabeth Warren, how did you feel when Bernie said the bad thing?

What the actual fuck...

Quoting you, but really for any Euro in the thread: Why do you have such a strong preference for Sanders over Warren? Like they both sound identical to me - like 80s social democrats.
Some version of socialized education, some version of socialized medicine, taxation on wealth rather than just income, blah blah.
I alternate between voting left and social democrats when I vote in Sweden (I live in the US), and I just can't bring myself to care about whatever people call the differences between them.
"Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
Prev 1 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 6000 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 213
Nina 123
SpeCial 122
ViBE91
Nathanias 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11904
Artosis 632
Rain 620
GuemChi 413
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever346
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox797
Mew2King108
Other Games
summit1g6569
Liquid`RaSZi2378
Grubby2167
shahzam687
WinterStarcraft446
JimRising 355
C9.Mang0325
Trikslyr46
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 24
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 12m
INu's Battles
11h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
22h 27m
Replay Cast
23h 12m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.