• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:09
CEST 05:09
KST 12:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8856 users

Welcome, Liquid Overwatch - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
188 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
April 10 2016 08:05 GMT
#101
On April 10 2016 13:11 SirPinky wrote:
I read your post about a new team sponsored by TL for the new Blizzard game, Overwatch.

Anytime there is sponsorship within e-sports I am excited since it promotes fiscal growth within the community; however, I wonder, isn’t this premature? The game has been in the beta stages for several months. Characters are not completely balanced and/or developed, there is still a lack of understanding of the roles, and the game is still evolving. I know Team Liquid wants to make its mark early, but isn’t part of the camaraderie and exhilaration of a new game working to be the best? How can Team Liquid make its roster on a new game based off previous FPS games? That would assume all FPS games are created equal and follow the same formula. This is not the case.

Gamers like to believe that they, either one person or many, can rise to the top of the ladder (or any ranking system) with hard work, skill and perseverance. In my opinion, making a team before the game is even released adds a certain futility to the hope gamers can someday be part of a well-respected team, like Team Liquid. It narrows the ability for future, better, gamers to work their way to the top echelon of gameplay.

I will not be one of those great players, as my hands are too crippled from playing Broodwar/SC, in the early 2000s, in my college days. I also enjoyed the bunny hopping before it was patched. But I never saw “pro” teams created before it was even out. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to be “the best” when you have people retained on contract before we even see the game.

You can see my open letter here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/507388-open-letter-to-team-liquid-on-overwatch

I don't see how's that's the case.

They're looking at a team with talent, and putting in resources to help developer that talent. A lot of these people might not be in the scene six months from now, but that's normal. Game competitions are fierce and dynamic. Most of the people on top of the ladder in Wings of Liberty beta are not going to be the same people who have huge dynasties in the game years later.

I don't think such a headstart matters long-term. That type of skill isnt a snowball. And I think Blizzard recognizes that, and they understand equal opportunity is important, thats why Hots and Hearthstone didnt have a prizepool their first year at Blizzcon, since it would be unfair because there wasnt open qualifiers.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
coolprogrammingstuff
Profile Joined December 2015
906 Posts
April 10 2016 08:28 GMT
#102
not bad picking up dahang.
Kitai
Profile Joined June 2012
United States886 Posts
April 10 2016 08:36 GMT
#103
I'm gonna be the lone voice here and say that I think a second chance for azk is in order. I know I'm not the only one here who has harmed others by making stupid, selfish decisions. However, the lessons we learn from those instances are what shapes us into the people we are; those single bad decisions shouldn't hurt us for the rest of our lives.

I don't support lifelong punishments on first offenses for pretty much anything but the most extreme circumstances (I. E. murder), and I don't think participating match fixing is anywhere close to that category. Azk has clearly felt his shame, suffered his punishment from valve, learned his lesson, made his apology, and is ready to move on.

Best of luck to TL in Overwatch!
"You know, I don't care if soO got 100 second places in a row. Anyone who doesn't think that he's going to win blizzcon watching this series is a fool" - Artosis, Blizzcon 2014 soO vs TaeJa
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
April 10 2016 08:42 GMT
#104
Match fixers should not receive second chances. Period. That is the worst thing you can do as a competitor, as it is on par with cheating just in the opposite direction.

And I do not care about Overwatch, but Liquid was once the team, which have had higher standards. I am quite dissapointed by that.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
April 10 2016 08:43 GMT
#105
On April 10 2016 17:36 Kitai wrote:
I'm gonna be the lone voice here and say that I think a second chance for azk is in order. I know I'm not the only one here who has harmed others by making stupid, selfish decisions. However, the lessons we learn from those instances are what shapes us into the people we are; those single bad decisions shouldn't hurt us for the rest of our lives.

I don't support lifelong punishments on first offenses for pretty much anything but the most extreme circumstances (I. E. murder), and I don't think participating match fixing is anywhere close to that category. Azk has clearly felt his shame, suffered his punishment from valve, learned his lesson, made his apology, and is ready to move on.

Best of luck to TL in Overwatch!


I agree with this pretty much 100%. And I also trust Liquid to work with azk close enough that he'll grow as a player and as a person.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-10 09:36:04
April 10 2016 09:27 GMT
#106
On April 10 2016 01:44 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2016 01:35 Tephus wrote:
On April 10 2016 01:22 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^


Those two guys have played in a bunch of tournaments already.


Yep.

Super excited for this team! Hype!

ok I might get interested in Overwatch if Cypher and Cooller pick up the game for real :O

Dahang is a step forward though

e: oh Cooller and Cypher are on a team with av3k, didn't know you could play Overwatch from prison
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Paragleiber
Profile Joined June 2009
413 Posts
April 10 2016 11:19 GMT
#107
Never heard of the others before but I certainly remember DaHanG. He was one of the top 8 players in Quake Live when it was still played at IEM. I always enjoyed watching that game there and was a bit sad when it was dropped. Nice to see him being supported by Liquid now.
http://www.twitter.com/Paragleiber
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
April 10 2016 11:23 GMT
#108
On April 10 2016 17:36 Kitai wrote:
I'm gonna be the lone voice here and say that I think a second chance for azk is in order. I know I'm not the only one here who has harmed others by making stupid, selfish decisions. However, the lessons we learn from those instances are what shapes us into the people we are; those single bad decisions shouldn't hurt us for the rest of our lives.

I don't support lifelong punishments on first offenses for pretty much anything but the most extreme circumstances (I. E. murder), and I don't think participating match fixing is anywhere close to that category. Azk has clearly felt his shame, suffered his punishment from valve, learned his lesson, made his apology, and is ready to move on.

Best of luck to TL in Overwatch!

I agree with you. Gl TL and gl AZK
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
April 10 2016 11:34 GMT
#109
Ooooh shit, motherfucking DaHang!! Niiiice
AKA SuddenSalad
SinO[Ob]
Profile Joined October 2010
France898 Posts
April 10 2016 11:51 GMT
#110
Nice ! Cant wait till overwatch goes out! Well actually I can cause DS3 is out soon :D ! But THis will be an awesome scene to follow ! GL team !
Stephano and Clem enjoyer
coolprogrammingstuff
Profile Joined December 2015
906 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-10 12:04:44
April 10 2016 12:04 GMT
#111
On April 10 2016 18:27 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2016 01:44 ZeromuS wrote:
On April 10 2016 01:35 Tephus wrote:
On April 10 2016 01:22 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^


Those two guys have played in a bunch of tournaments already.


Yep.

Super excited for this team! Hype!

ok I might get interested in Overwatch if Cypher and Cooller pick up the game for real :O

Dahang is a step forward though

e: oh Cooller and Cypher are on a team with av3k, didn't know you could play Overwatch from prison


By prison, you mean on set at his porn shoots? :^)

(i am aware of his drug smuggling thing though)
DropTester
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia608 Posts
April 10 2016 12:47 GMT
#112
On April 10 2016 17:36 Kitai wrote:
I'm gonna be the lone voice here and say that I think a second chance for azk is in order. I know I'm not the only one here who has harmed others by making stupid, selfish decisions. However, the lessons we learn from those instances are what shapes us into the people we are; those single bad decisions shouldn't hurt us for the rest of our lives.

I don't support lifelong punishments on first offenses for pretty much anything but the most extreme circumstances (I. E. murder), and I don't think participating match fixing is anywhere close to that category. Azk has clearly felt his shame, suffered his punishment from valve, learned his lesson, made his apology, and is ready to move on.

Best of luck to TL in Overwatch!


I agree with you, lifelong punishments leave little for reform, especially in it's first ever instance.

Good luck to AZK!
Sinistro
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil684 Posts
April 10 2016 13:36 GMT
#113
Go Liquid! I hope the game gather momentum enough to be really big.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
April 10 2016 14:11 GMT
#114
so
how much did blizzard pay tl ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
April 10 2016 14:21 GMT
#115
Congratulations! esports ~ ESPORTS ~ E-SPORTS!
Support your esport!
Lappen.464
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany42 Posts
April 10 2016 15:10 GMT
#116
First a cheater in CS:GO now here... Liquid lost ist Soul.

whuderE
Profile Joined December 2011
53 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-10 15:37:24
April 10 2016 15:33 GMT
#117
Ok so for all the people who weren't around when ibp actually threw the match in question let me fill you in on a few facts.

Ibp had just returned from a month in Europe at which point they were forced to play a match online in cevo that had no implications on their standings (they would finish first in the league regardless). The match was on season a map that was not played in Europe at all and Ibp hadn't played for at least 3 months as they were prepping for international lans.

Furthermore, they were playing netcode guides a team that the ingame leader of ibp (dazed) was a co owner of. Netcode needed a win in order to make playoffs. Funny that no one hates on cevo at all for this even though they allowed this conflict of interest in the first place.

Now tell me your sorry for the people who bet on ibp at 6-1 odds considering all those factors, they deserved to lose their money anyways. Not saying I condone match fixing but it drives me crazy seeing all the people parroting "match fixers shouldn't get a second chance" without knowing any of the context.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-10 16:09:45
April 10 2016 16:09 GMT
#118
Another liquid team? I know expanding to different scene is good but it's quite risky when the game is still in beta.

But no matter what, you know damn well I will be rooting for tl
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
April 10 2016 16:16 GMT
#119
On April 11 2016 00:33 whuderE wrote:
Ok so for all the people who weren't around when ibp actually threw the match in question let me fill you in on a few facts.

Ibp had just returned from a month in Europe at which point they were forced to play a match online in cevo that had no implications on their standings (they would finish first in the league regardless). The match was on season a map that was not played in Europe at all and Ibp hadn't played for at least 3 months as they were prepping for international lans.

Furthermore, they were playing netcode guides a team that the ingame leader of ibp (dazed) was a co owner of. Netcode needed a win in order to make playoffs. Funny that no one hates on cevo at all for this even though they allowed this conflict of interest in the first place.

Now tell me your sorry for the people who bet on ibp at 6-1 odds considering all those factors, they deserved to lose their money anyways. Not saying I condone match fixing but it drives me crazy seeing all the people parroting "match fixers shouldn't get a second chance" without knowing any of the context.

Doesn't this happen in F1? I'm pretty sure I've seen some guys let his mate pass in front of him because he had a better placement in the championship. Indeed it's a pretty big mistake from CEVO in the first place.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
April 10 2016 16:57 GMT
#120
On April 11 2016 00:10 Lappen.464 wrote:
First a cheater in CS:GO now here... Liquid lost ist Soul.


They got cursed.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 51m
INu's Battles
8h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
Replay Cast
19h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.