• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

Welcome, Liquid Overwatch

Forum Index > General Forum
188 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All

Welcome, Liquid Overwatch

Text byshiroiusagi
Graphics byshiroiusagi
April 9th, 2016 15:51 GMT
We have a big announcement today as we are officially making our way into Overwatch. After having been on the look out for some time now, we have found the roster that we want to work with. We have been exploring our options over the past couple of months because, as you know, we will always look at Blizzard games with a particular interest. In Overwatch we see a fresh and entertaining approach to shooters (at the very least among the major esports) that we feel will really take off with the right support.

During our search we eventually got in touch with dummy from The Life of Hanzo. Upon talking to him we immediately felt we had found a strong leader and a team with great potential. As with any team game, so much about advancing yourself into a winning position is about having the right attitude. This roster has an abundance of that, and they combine it with an incredible amount of talent. Those of you who have followed other scenes such as Quake, TF2, and Counter-Strike will recognize some of the names on the roster as a few of the best players to have played those games. Today they will join the ONOG Overwatch Invitational to test themselves against the best out there. Welcome to the family AZK, DaHaNG, dummy, Frisco, MESR and vee.

I do want to spend a few words on the addition of AZK as well, something I assure you we have not taken lightly. What he did in CS:GO is one of the worst offenses a professional gamer can ever commit. The punishment for this needs to be taken very seriously and I am glad Valve has paved the way as a publisher by stepping in with research and judgment to ensure a healthy environment for all aspiring gamers. For a while the esports industry had been wondering when the indefinite punishment was going to turn into a definite one. Earlier this year Valve came out with a clarification that it would be a permanent ban. On a personal level I feel that this may have been too much, and that just and right punishment is not done by permanently banning offenders for a first offense. It has put us in a spot with this team where we had to seriously think about our course of action. After speaking at length about the situation with AZK as well as dummy we are ready to move forward with this team. Eighteen months later and in a different game, we feel confident it is time for a second chance and new opportunity, and we are excited to see what AZK does with it.

- Victor "Liquid`Nazgul" Goossens



I'm sure it should come as no surprise that Team Liquid was my introduction into the world of esports. It all started with TSL 2, which was my first taste of StarCraft: BroodWar. I followed the game even into StarCraft II. The website functioned as a substantial resource for learning, and it also provided a community I found myself complete absorbed in. I lurked the forums, watched Day[9] dailies and State of the Game, and learned the history of StarCraft through Liquipedia.

Team Liquid nurtured my passion for esports and it feels very natural for me to transition into representing them as a player. I really appreciate the opportunity Liquid is giving me and my team, and I'm excited to compete in future Overwatch tournaments as part of the organization.

- Tim "dummy" Olson

As many of you know, I was involved in a matchfixing scandal in CS:GO. I know that no excuse can possibly justify my actions. I fully deserve the punishment that I received from Valve, and I have learned to accept the greater consequences of what I did. Words cannot express how much I regret those decisions, and it will take more than apologies to repair my reputation.

Even though I realize that I hurt the scene that I enjoyed so much, the only way I know to prove that I've changed is through competition. I know that many of you are skeptical about me participating in esports again, but I swear to do it right. I may not deserve your trust or even your forgiveness, but I plan to earn it in Overwatch. Very few people receive second chances like this, and I am aware of how lucky I am that an organization like Liquid believes in me. I take full responsibility for my past mistakes, and part of that is showing everyone that I have reformed and matured. I do not expect anyone to believe me right now, but hopefully I can change minds with hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude.

Going into Overwatch, the game has been a lot of fun so far, and it feels like I still have a lot to learn. I'm currently practicing every single day trying to reach the level that I was at in Counter-Strike. We have a great group of guys who have all been elite players in the games that they've played and I believe we have what it takes to become one of the best teams in the world.

Lastly, I would like to ask the fans to spare my teammates from unwarranted criticism. They have been kind enough to trust me as a teammate and as a friend, and they have nothing to do with my past. I am lucky enough to be on a team with a bunch of great people, and I hope that you can support them even if you cannot support me.

- Keven "AZK" Lariviere



AZK
AZKcs
DaHaNG
fogartyt
dummy
dummyOW
Frisco
MESR
mesrawr
vee




Facebook Twitter Reddit
Graphics@shiroiusagi_ | shiroiusagi.net
GGman
Profile Joined July 2010
Czech Republic143 Posts
April 09 2016 15:54 GMT
#2
Awesome, I'm glad that I'll have a favourite team to follow in Overwatch as well!

Go Liquid!
“Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
HammerKick
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
France6190 Posts
April 09 2016 15:59 GMT
#3
That's great!
Well, it's high noon somewhere in the world
tehh4ck3r
Profile Joined August 2013
Magrathea7086 Posts
April 09 2016 15:59 GMT
#4
Nice! Dummy was a lot of fun to watch in TF2, I hope he can be excellent in Overwatch as well.
AdministratorIn those days, spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Omarion
Profile Joined April 2013
France22 Posts
April 09 2016 16:00 GMT
#5
AZK <3
Liquipedia
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
April 09 2016 16:06 GMT
#6
so we've done away with the last pretense that liquid stands for more than having lots of teams in lots of games?
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
April 09 2016 16:10 GMT
#7
<3 AZK. Good Luck!
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
April 09 2016 16:17 GMT
#8
This might help me getting some interest for Overwatch.

I'll check Liquid match, not a bad way to get a taste of it.
LiquipediaWanderer
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-09 16:21:05
April 09 2016 16:19 GMT
#9
after that 15 minute Blizzard developer VLog about netcode and latency i'm a Overwatch believer.

<3 AZK, i feel you bro. i ripped off every retail employer i had in high school. unlike you though.. i'm not sorry.

good luck guys!
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
April 09 2016 16:20 GMT
#10
only know DaHanG from Quake Good Luck!
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
April 09 2016 16:22 GMT
#11
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
April 09 2016 16:27 GMT
#12
I'm not really a fan of picking up a player who got permanently banned for matchfixing...
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Tephus
Profile Joined May 2011
Cascadia1754 Posts
April 09 2016 16:35 GMT
#13
On April 10 2016 01:22 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^


Those two guys have played in a bunch of tournaments already.
AdministratorTeam Liquid VP of Esports
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-09 16:40:17
April 09 2016 16:36 GMT
#14
On April 10 2016 01:35 Tephus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2016 01:22 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^


Those two guys have played in a bunch of tournaments already.


Unreal. :p
But I mainly want them to play together in the big name organisation.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
April 09 2016 16:44 GMT
#15
On April 10 2016 01:35 Tephus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2016 01:22 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Tfw Dahang.

Cypher and Cooller in CIS Overwatch when.

Gz to everyone involved! ^_^


Those two guys have played in a bunch of tournaments already.


Yep.

Super excited for this team! Hype!
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 09 2016 16:44 GMT
#16
Liquid AZK? What year is this?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
April 09 2016 16:48 GMT
#17
onlywatch T_T
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
April 09 2016 17:05 GMT
#18
not following overwatch at all but ehhhh AZK? not too happy about that
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Terywj
Profile Joined March 2014
Hong Kong0 Posts
April 09 2016 17:12 GMT
#19
Dummy and mesr HYPE.

Glad to see past greats from TF2 going huge in Overwatch.
Dysisa
Profile Joined July 2014
Sweden2376 Posts
April 09 2016 17:17 GMT
#20
April fools was last week, guys.
fuck dota 2 | "i don't like ppd, and i really look forward to one day beating that motherfucker" -Swindlemelonzz, my personal hero
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 99
Railgan 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15469
Dewaltoss 165
ZZZero.O 118
firebathero 115
Hyuk 90
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift3513
Counter-Strike
Fnx 785
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5628
crisheroes870
Other Games
summit1g7179
FrodaN2534
fl0m794
mouzStarbuck333
KnowMe294
ToD241
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 73
• Hupsaiya 24
• musti20045 20
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen121
Other Games
• imaqtpie842
• Shiphtur222
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 31m
INu's Battles
14h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.