• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:55
CEST 23:55
KST 06:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8235 users

Obama backs gay marriage - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
March 01 2013 10:41 GMT
#141
On March 01 2013 19:37 Stol wrote:
Oh thats another thing actually, perhaps someone could explain to me why history and the constitution are seemingly so sacred to americans? While history defines all of us, letting it shape who we are today is a grave mistake.
I wont be the first to say that you are supposed to learn from the mistakes of the past, not repeat them.


Even more baffling considering the country was founded on the lessons that been learned from the mistakes made in europe. The separation of church and state, the republic, the constitution, the bill of rights, all this is based on learning from history and a determination not to repeat the mistakes of the past.
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 10:43:09
March 01 2013 10:42 GMT
#142
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
March 01 2013 10:44 GMT
#143
On March 01 2013 19:39 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:35 pbjsandwich wrote:
On the note of a very weak argument

Like what are you even trying to say? You'll fight for the doctrine that says that marriage is between a man and a women but suddenly when this doesn't go your way you'll argue against it?

You're killing me here. Maybe you should rethink your stance

EDIT: I really have to say it's quite amazing how strongly someone can feel about something with such flimsy reasoning

Hey if you're a homophobe just admit it rather than dancing around trying to hide behind politics. Most of the republicans have basically come out as such.


I will always argue that marriage is only one thing. I would say that it should be viewed as objectively immoral, and thus laws based on it are ok. However, it is a societal decision. I will always fight, but I have no choice but to acknowledge the opposition as reasonable. something the far left won't do nowadays, unfortunately. once and for all, gn.
Pm if you really want to know more.


Would you like to tell why it's objectively immoral? To me morality has to do with the well-being of fellow conscious creatures - I don't see how gay marriage would harm anyone in any way.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
March 01 2013 10:44 GMT
#144
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


Stop with that argument, it just makes you look really stupid mate. Comparing "killing someone" with "two dudes married" even in the slightest, does not help your case at all, not even the slightest. It just makes you look like a fanatic religious idiot.

No offense, but that's how it is.
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
March 01 2013 10:45 GMT
#145
The constitution is truly amazing

Of course it has it's flaws but the political "game" has devolved into wanking matches over the interpretation of them

We, the people (haha), have no choice but to let our "leaders" do what they see fit with the constitution and a lot of it is a shouting match between 2 sides
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
March 01 2013 10:46 GMT
#146
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


When I think about it I hate murder because it's a really dick thing to do - this comes very natural to me. I don't understand you at all
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Stol
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden185 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:15:07
March 01 2013 10:46 GMT
#147
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


lol, hating a murderer has to do with empathy and the ability to understand the suffering of others. You would be more successful in arguing that approving of gay marriage comes from the same understanding that other people feel left out of society due to their inherent sexual preference. Meaning that disapproving of murders and approving of gay marriage both comes from empathy.
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 10:48:20
March 01 2013 10:47 GMT
#148
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.

Why would I PM you?

This argument is ridiculous

there is nothing unnatural about trying to control or eliminate parts of community that are detrimental to it.

That;s completely "natural" right there if you really want to go into that type of argument

EDIT: I know this post was kind of ridiculous too

but I didn't know how else to word it
Stol
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden185 Posts
March 01 2013 10:54 GMT
#149
Well thats understandable, we're already comparing gay marriage with murder, I'm just waiting for the hitler reference.
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
March 01 2013 10:56 GMT
#150
On March 01 2013 19:54 Stol wrote:
Well thats understandable, we're already comparing gay marriage with murder, I'm just waiting for the hitler reference.


Those are typically reserved for Obama. Clearly, they have a lot in common.
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
March 01 2013 10:57 GMT
#151
On March 01 2013 19:46 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


When I think about it I hate murder because it's a really dick thing to do - this comes very natural to me. I don't understand you at all


Why am i still here.

I mean, you would consider hurting you as "bad." But someone else? Bad? Why? it's just the way it "feels." I obviously have REASONS for opposing Gay marriage (some that could be made in syllogistic form, some not), but I wasn't talking about that, I was originally talking about the Constitutional side. I (and many others) find it to be wrong. That's all I'm going to say.

I love all the people "the Constitution was nice then but now blah blah blah..." Everyone here has already demonstrated amazing ignorance of it, why do you continue to try and evaluate it?
Everyone saying that being opposed to gay marriage is "irrational," why would I listen to you when you have proven that you talk about and criticize things you are ignorant of? Don't know jack about the Constitution, talk about it anyway. Criticize opponents of gay marriage, claim it is completely stupid. I am sorry, but I do not have time to lay out my entire philosophy of life, Pholon

I must say, the one "advantage" I have is that we are so surrounded by left and progressive thinking that I have had no choice but to know about it and the reasons for it/behind it.

Really, gn. Really.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
March 01 2013 10:57 GMT
#152
On March 01 2013 19:56 McBengt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:54 Stol wrote:
Well thats understandable, we're already comparing gay marriage with murder, I'm just waiting for the hitler reference.


Those are typically reserved for Obama. Clearly, they have a lot in common.

Party politics make people say stupid, stupid things
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:01:18
March 01 2013 10:59 GMT
#153
On March 01 2013 19:57 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:46 Pholon wrote:
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


When I think about it I hate murder because it's a really dick thing to do - this comes very natural to me. I don't understand you at all


Why am i still here.

I mean, you would consider hurting you as "bad." But someone else? Bad? Why? it's just the way it "feels." I obviously have REASONS for opposing Gay marriage (some that could be made in syllogistic form, some not), but I wasn't talking about that, I was originally talking about the Constitutional side. I (and many others) find it to be wrong. That's all I'm going to say.

I love all the people "the Constitution was nice then but now blah blah blah..." Everyone here has already demonstrated amazing ignorance of it, why do you continue to try and evaluate it?
Everyone saying that being opposed to gay marriage is "irrational," why would I listen to you when you have proven that you talk about and criticize things you are ignorant of? Don't know jack about the Constitution, talk about it anyway. Criticize opponents of gay marriage, claim it is completely stupid. I am sorry, but I do not have time to lay out my entire philosophy of life, Pholon

I must say, the one "advantage" I have is that we are so surrounded by left and progressive thinking that I have had no choice but to know about it and the reasons for it/behind it.

Really, gn. Really.

Where have I shown a lack of knowledge of the constitution?

It's obvious youre the one basing your knowledge of some other scripture that's not named the constitution

It seems like all you know is where it says God in the document rather than truly understanding the spirit of it (which is more John Locke than you'd like to believe)

EDIT: And it would be nice if you could actually say why you believe Gay Marrriage or gay relationships are bad instead of being an ass towards everyone.

and to all the Europeans ITT I don't blame you for not understanding our constitution lol
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
March 01 2013 11:01 GMT
#154
clarence thomas knows the constitution, all you jokers are just disobedient to the Original Vision.

We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Stol
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden185 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:04:12
March 01 2013 11:02 GMT
#155
I'll admit I dont know much about the american constitution, I dont really care about it either. Also havent really been discussing it other than asking a question surrounding it.

Then again you've effectively avoided making a single comment in reply to anything I've said, so maybe I wasnt included .
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
March 01 2013 11:04 GMT
#156
On March 01 2013 19:37 Stol wrote:
Oh thats another thing actually, perhaps someone could explain to me why history and the constitution are seemingly so sacred to americans? While history defines all of us, letting it shape who we are today is a grave mistake.
I wont be the first to say that you are supposed to learn from the mistakes of the past, not repeat them.

with such enlightened views, you must be a noble european
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:07:29
March 01 2013 11:05 GMT
#157
Guess i was meant with not understanding the constitution, and yeah, alot of it seems weird to me. Or better, "old fashioned". Maybe not even the constitution itself, but the arguments constructed upon it.

with such enlightened views, you must be a noble european


Being cynical does not change the fact that he's quite right. Although that does not only go for the US, but other countries as well (including my own).
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
March 01 2013 11:07 GMT
#158
it's ok guys

he's just lashing out because he really doesn't have any good arguments.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
March 01 2013 11:12 GMT
#159
On March 01 2013 20:05 m4inbrain wrote:
Guess i was meant with not understanding the constitution, and yeah, alot of it seems weird to me. Or better, "old fashioned". Maybe not even the constitution itself, but the arguments constructed upon it.

Show nested quote +
with such enlightened views, you must be a noble european


Being cynical does not change the fact that he's quite right. Although that does not only go for the US, but other countries as well (including my own).

oh you misunderstand me, i am just expressing admiration for a superior culture.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 11:14:27
March 01 2013 11:12 GMT
#160
On March 01 2013 19:57 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 19:46 Pholon wrote:
On March 01 2013 19:42 Introvert wrote:
On March 01 2013 19:40 pbjsandwich wrote:
Because it's completely unreasonable to believe that gay marriage is immoral

There really is no reasoning behind it at all

Not even gay marriage but gay relationships.

EDIT: get out of my head oneofthem


If you think about it, hating murder really is unreasonable (in the sense I take you to mean). we base it on "fairness" and "rights," both of which are entirely unnatural. like i said, pm if you wish. gn. again.


When I think about it I hate murder because it's a really dick thing to do - this comes very natural to me. I don't understand you at all


Why am i still here.

I mean, you would consider hurting you as "bad." But someone else? Bad? Why? it's just the way it "feels." I obviously have REASONS for opposing Gay marriage (some that could be made in syllogistic form, some not), but I wasn't talking about that, I was originally talking about the Constitutional side. I (and many others) find it to be wrong. That's all I'm going to say.


Yes it "feels" wrong to discriminate against gay people, and though you say you have REASONS (in all caps nonetheless) but seem to not be willing to share them I will continue to feel that way while joining you in wondering why you're still here.

Also, I don't care about your constitution - I don't even live in your country. I care about people, no matter where they're from, being treated fairly and if your constitution doesn't contribute to that then I'll argue it's wrong and should be changed.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 230
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 57
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
summit1g7376
Grubby2173
shahzam604
C9.Mang0155
PiGStarcraft28
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 68
• musti20045 58
• Hinosc 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21433
Other Games
• imaqtpie864
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.