• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8603 users

Retired cop shoots son, mistook him as burglar - Page 18

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
October 14 2012 19:47 GMT
#341
On October 12 2012 14:52 armada[sb] wrote:
Shooting to kill before being able to identify your own son is extremely questionable in my opinion. Not saying he murdered his son, just seems so inconceivable to me.


Him wanting to murder his son, I would not put out of the question. Either that or his mind is seriously warped from his life.
since 98'
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 19:53:26
October 14 2012 19:52 GMT
#342
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
October 14 2012 20:00 GMT
#343
Not sure why anyone is surprised. The gun laws of America are ridiculous and dumb shit like this is bound to happen.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:01:37
October 14 2012 20:00 GMT
#344
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


Anyone teaching people not to aim for center of mass should not be teaching anyone how to protect themselves with a firearm. You shoot to kill not disable. If you have no intention to kill don't shoot. That being said I'm not condoning what this man did especially considering how few the facts are at this time.
dude bro.
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
October 14 2012 20:06 GMT
#345
On October 15 2012 02:18 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 02:12 CoR wrote:
thats the problem that in usa everyone have a gun and shoot in head ... even if a burgler come in your house in germany and you shoot him in head, you just go in jail for murder ... your not allowed to just shoot someone in head even if they come in your house STUPID rule in usa sry ....


yeah, protecting your life over some douche scumbag who made a choice to invade your home while you are present is so stupid. in fact you should just lay there and die. also shooting a hand gun is not an exact science, even for a trained professional those bullets can go anywhere in the heat of the moment. this isn't the gun range and it certainly isn't call of duty modern home warfare.


It's like you think people commit burglaries to kill people. I love it.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
October 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#346
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:22:36
October 14 2012 20:19 GMT
#347
On October 15 2012 05:06 HellRoxYa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 02:18 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 02:12 CoR wrote:
thats the problem that in usa everyone have a gun and shoot in head ... even if a burgler come in your house in germany and you shoot him in head, you just go in jail for murder ... your not allowed to just shoot someone in head even if they come in your house STUPID rule in usa sry ....


yeah, protecting your life over some douche scumbag who made a choice to invade your home while you are present is so stupid. in fact you should just lay there and die. also shooting a hand gun is not an exact science, even for a trained professional those bullets can go anywhere in the heat of the moment. this isn't the gun range and it certainly isn't call of duty modern home warfare.


It's like you think people commit burglaries to kill people. I love it.


Implying that people only break into homes to steal. And on top of that simple home burglaries turn violent ALL THE TIME in the US.

It's like you think people's lives who make a decision to break into your home while you are fucking there are more important than your family. You have all the rights in the world to put the life of someone invading your home before the safety of your family, but I don't think your family will appreciate that. These people make a conscious choice to break in , they are forfeiting their safety.
dude bro.
lodeet
Profile Joined September 2011
United States147 Posts
October 14 2012 20:23 GMT
#348
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:26:28
October 14 2012 20:25 GMT
#349
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers. If that is really the case you should stop socializing with such stupid . and it's
dude bro.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
October 14 2012 20:25 GMT
#350
Honestly what is the purpose of a fucking gun if you just shoot someone in the head? You have someone at gun point in the dark, you don't say "HANDS UP" OR at least threaten "MOVE ANOTHER INCH AND I'LL CAP YOUR ASS"?

This shit is inconceivably retarded that I would say it's a murder case. A trained cop just does that?
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
October 14 2012 20:27 GMT
#351
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers.

I, as an ignorant european, do have the impression that alot of 'rednecks' do have this mentality. I hope someone can tell me im wrong.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
October 14 2012 20:29 GMT
#352
On October 15 2012 05:25 Slardar wrote:
Honestly what is the purpose of a fucking gun if you just shoot someone in the head? You have someone at gun point in the dark, you don't say "HANDS UP" OR at least threaten "MOVE ANOTHER INCH AND I'LL CAP YOUR ASS"?

This shit is inconceivably retarded that I would say it's a murder case. A trained cop just does that?


The purpose of a gun is to kill and that is all. How is that so hard to understand? Are the youth so brainwashed by media that they think a gun can be precisely aimed to disarm without sacrificing your safety in such a situation? Get with reality you use a gun to kill.
dude bro.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:34:18
October 14 2012 20:30 GMT
#353
On October 15 2012 05:27 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers.

I, as an ignorant european, do have the impression that alot of 'rednecks' do have this mentality. I hope someone can tell me im wrong.

That's probably due to the fact that most europeans think americans are some kind of cowboys like they see on movies. Europe has a really warped view on americans If you really think that's the case I feel bad for you. The mentality of americans are backwards morons and europeans are better and smarter is hilarious.
dude bro.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
October 14 2012 20:32 GMT
#354
On October 15 2012 05:27 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers.

I, as an ignorant european, do have the impression that alot of 'rednecks' do have this mentality. I hope someone can tell me im wrong.

First it was the majority of people you know. Now it's just the rednecks... So, are the majority of people you know rednecks? If so, how? If you're actually in Europe.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
October 14 2012 20:35 GMT
#355
On October 15 2012 05:32 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:27 solidbebe wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers.

I, as an ignorant european, do have the impression that alot of 'rednecks' do have this mentality. I hope someone can tell me im wrong.

First it was the majority of people you know. Now it's just the rednecks... So, are the majority of people you know rednecks? If so, how? If you're actually in Europe.


I think youre mistaking him for another poster...
dude bro.
NadaSound
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:40:43
October 14 2012 20:37 GMT
#356
On October 15 2012 05:29 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:25 Slardar wrote:
Honestly what is the purpose of a fucking gun if you just shoot someone in the head? You have someone at gun point in the dark, you don't say "HANDS UP" OR at least threaten "MOVE ANOTHER INCH AND I'LL CAP YOUR ASS"?

This shit is inconceivably retarded that I would say it's a murder case. A trained cop just does that?


The purpose of a gun is to kill and that is all. How is that so hard to understand? Are the youth so brainwashed by media that they think a gun can be precisely aimed to disarm without sacrificing your safety in such a situation? Get with reality you use a gun to kill.


Yes get guns and kill!!!! Forget about the sanctity of life and kill....kill...KILL!!!!

Edit: I miss read the post but still...
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
October 14 2012 20:39 GMT
#357
Heliusx you go frowning upon and lecturing people about stereotypes, yet you just insulted me with one like 2 posts above. Have you no shame!??
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
October 14 2012 20:39 GMT
#358
On October 15 2012 05:37 NadaSound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:29 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:25 Slardar wrote:
Honestly what is the purpose of a fucking gun if you just shoot someone in the head? You have someone at gun point in the dark, you don't say "HANDS UP" OR at least threaten "MOVE ANOTHER INCH AND I'LL CAP YOUR ASS"?

This shit is inconceivably retarded that I would say it's a murder case. A trained cop just does that?


The purpose of a gun is to kill and that is all. How is that so hard to understand? Are the youth so brainwashed by media that they think a gun can be precisely aimed to disarm without sacrificing your safety in such a situation? Get with reality you use a gun to kill.


Yes get guns and kill!!!! Forget about the sanctity of life and kill....kill...KILL!!!!


Yes get a post and take it out of context!!!!! Forget about the process of actually learning my stance before attacking me. ignorance...ignorance...IGNORANCE!!!!
dude bro.
lodeet
Profile Joined September 2011
United States147 Posts
October 14 2012 20:40 GMT
#359
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers. If that is really the case you should stop socializing with such stupid . and it's


I don't socialize with stupid people. I believe you are the ignorant one here. It's simply an anger thing. People want others to feel their pain. When they are fucked they want to fuck someone else in return. It's a vicious cycle. Of course everyone doesn't think this way but it's extremely prevelant mindset in the low-middle class who are the majority of the population.

You can't call bullshit on this from looking down from Canada. I think I have a much better understanding of what goes on in my country. I have lived in the cities in the suburbs and the boondocks and find the same thing no matter where I go.

Different people with different mindsets, but still the desire to hurt someone else.


MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
October 14 2012 20:44 GMT
#360
On October 15 2012 05:35 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:32 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:27 solidbebe wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:25 heliusx wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:23 lodeet wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:12 Stutters695 wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
So this man had every intention of killing anyone that entered his home. He's an officer, so he has the know-how to apprehend without using deadly force... Not to mention you're not supposed to go for killshots unless your life is threatened. Certainly you'd feel threatened if a stranger were in your home. But to kill him? Immediately? Don't people shoot at the knees anymore?


It isn't as simple as having the know-how. Seeing as he had retired it wasn't like he was carrying nonlethal weapons. Of course you'd like to think a cop would be level headed enough to inform the intruder he was armed and demand he identify himself but that's not as simple as it sounds.

Although I am pro gun control I think this exemplifies the need for family training on having a gun in the household. My ex had a dad who owned a few guns and lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Anytime someone came over late (parents asleep) her and her sister were told to use the front door and turn on the hallway light as soon as they got in. Although it seems controlling to a certain extent, if a family is prone to pull a gun on a robber, a discussion and simple protocols could easily prevent so many accidental shootings without infringing on gun owners rights in a way like lessening castle doctrine would.

These accidents are so unnecessary it's sad.


This is why I don't care to own a gun, because they are fucking dangerous. I have shot many different types of hand guns and rifles and I can respect the power and devastation of the weapon. You cannot trust people to be responsible with guns it will just never happen and the current laws gives anyone an excuse to fire on an intruder. I don't necessarily have an issue with being able to protect yourself in your own home, but most people that I meet that like to own guns make it a point that they wish someone would break in just for an excuse to kill. I think it's sick and from my experience it's a mentality the majority of people I know have.


That's completely bullshit. The only people who think like that are either mentally retarded are immature teenagers.

I, as an ignorant european, do have the impression that alot of 'rednecks' do have this mentality. I hope someone can tell me im wrong.

First it was the majority of people you know. Now it's just the rednecks... So, are the majority of people you know rednecks? If so, how? If you're actually in Europe.


I think youre mistaking him for another poster...

Probably. Quoting quoted quotes has led me astray.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1225
ComeBackTV 618
SteadfastSC453
TaKeTV 446
LamboSC2398
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex132
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 453
LamboSC2 398
mouzHeroMarine 215
IndyStarCraft 167
ProTech152
Rex 132
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32665
Shuttle 1872
Mini 921
EffOrt 893
Light 577
Rush 335
firebathero 329
Soma 303
Snow 206
ZerO 174
[ Show more ]
hero 163
sorry 63
Sea.KH 57
Killer 44
Yoon 41
Liquid`Ret 34
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 30
Mong 29
Sexy 24
Bale 21
soO 20
Trap 19
Shine 18
Free 12
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Terrorterran 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8542
qojqva1339
Dendi1023
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
fl0m1268
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2006
crisheroes1284
XaKoH 192
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing1876
B2W.Neo1080
Hui .193
Liquid`VortiX168
ArmadaUGS145
Beastyqt131
KnowMe121
QueenE107
Mew2King76
ToD50
Trikslyr50
Dewaltoss35
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile117
• Gemini_19 17
• Adnapsc2 1
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3225
• TFBlade1104
Other Games
• Shiphtur246
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 50m
Stellar Fest
20h 50m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.