• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8742 users

what is happiness to you? - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
linuxfan
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark55 Posts
October 05 2012 13:59 GMT
#181
Happiness, to me, is the small chunks of euphoria on the road to death. Don't get me wrong, I am generally content. I am happy when (no particular order):

I find new music that gives me the chills.
I watch a game of SC2 that gives me nerd chills.
When I understand something new which widens my perspective (e.g. learning general relativity thus improving understanding of (newtonian) gravity.)
Getting intoxicated with my friends.
Getting intimate with a ladyfriend.
...list goes on.

I am a simple man. As long as I keep improving myself, to be the best that I can be, I am content.
I declare war on the macfags and the faildows users. ENSLAVE THE INFIDELS!
Orek
Profile Joined February 2012
1665 Posts
October 05 2012 14:01 GMT
#182
To be frank, playing SC2 is not worth it most of the time in your life. There are so many other things that are valued better by societies than SC2 skill. Although nobody is stopping you from taking a risky path, if you are unhappy doing so, maybe you should find something else in life. Finding yourself unhappy just because you are not a SC2 champion is rather spoiled or luxurious idea.
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
October 05 2012 14:03 GMT
#183
death.
sabreace
Profile Joined May 2012
United States27 Posts
October 05 2012 14:14 GMT
#184
Happiness is learning new things.

Trying your best to prove something to yourself, just to achieve your own goals. This can be anything, SC2, rock climbing (in my case), or finding the calm it takes to really enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.

From another view, I can't be happy if I feel like I'm not being true to the person I want to be. This kind of goes along with learning new things, without stopping to evaluate yourself you'll never grow, and continuing to be a better person, a better citizen, or a better friend should always be a goal. Happiness comes with knowing you've made a positive impact on your universe.
>Relax you're doing fine.
MasterMonkey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States96 Posts
October 05 2012 14:24 GMT
#185
Happiness is being spontaneous and jumping out of your shell! Traveling the world thinking you know about what it's like and learning you are completely wrong but picking up amazing experiences, friends and stories along the way.

You've got plenty to be happy about my friend, and if there's sadness around you, distance yourself from it. Protect yourself with a pair of headphones, some good music and a fun game of SCII where you're not trying to be the best but rather enjoying it.

The sun is shining, the tunes are rocking and the world is waiting. Don't waste it.
Keep your oars in the brothel where they belong.
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
October 05 2012 14:36 GMT
#186
On September 10 2012 11:21 Jojo131 wrote:
Financial freedom, to be able to pursue whatever it is that I want without having to pick up another phone call again if I dont want to.

Yet ironically I see myself chasing after money until it kills me, because I'm a masochist that wants to keep working


Pretty much this. I often think how different would be my life if I had 1m or even 100k in my bank account. I'd hop in a plane and to go see friends, attend events, visit places all over the world.

I have a good life. Bought a condo this year, I have a good job, great family, tons of friends but I can't seem to find happiness. I can't stop to think how different I would do things, talk to people and live everyday life If I could really do what I want and what I love.
Brood War is forever
Chiller274
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany59 Posts
October 05 2012 14:40 GMT
#187
Well,

Happiness never last. You can be happy with another person but life is often a biatch. When you are one of the people who always get dragged down it sucks.

That said for me is happiness when you don't fell the pain and you are far away from the worst pain you eher encountered in your life. So never try to be more and more happy but be always far away from your worst state
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
October 05 2012 14:42 GMT
#188
No worries, being able to do what I want to do and having people around me who love/support me. And winning all my sc 2 ladder matches lol.
Kasu
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom345 Posts
October 05 2012 14:55 GMT
#189
She is.
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
October 05 2012 15:05 GMT
#190
are there so many shallow ppl on TL ? or maybe they are all 15y old? relating happiness with starcraft2??? you must know nothing of life.
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 15:24:32
October 05 2012 15:21 GMT
#191
This is what I picked up:

Happiness never lasts, but so does sorrow. There are always two forces at work, anywhere you look. What people don't realise is that these two forces don't have to be balanced or always on one side. The concept of past, and future, and a distorted perception of the present keeps people running for the greener grass on the other side of the fence. What some don't realize is that their perfect present is already there, it doesn't require any thought, it's just an imperfect mind that can mess it up. This is where drugs can't but meditation can help.
- This contains some segments from universal truth (http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/)

Even if you had anything (materialistic) you wished for in the world, if you didn't find peace with yourself you would still never find hapiness, distraction at best.
- This is something that I've heard elderly say a couple of times.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
beachbeachy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States509 Posts
October 05 2012 15:41 GMT
#192
Happiness is a ball after which we run wherever it rolls, and we push it with our feet when it stops.
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. - Goethe
MostGroce
Profile Joined April 2011
United States104 Posts
October 05 2012 16:00 GMT
#193


This is a good video for a lot of reasons. I've watched a few times. The first part I think will help you.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
October 05 2012 16:09 GMT
#194
I think seeing my mother again would spark something in me that would spark true happiness. I couldn't think of anything better.
Derp
EffervescentAureola
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States410 Posts
October 05 2012 16:09 GMT
#195
Happiness is the feeling of beating out other people and being the best at something, or at least being the best at something that you can possibly be.
Happiness is doing what you love every day for the rest of your life.
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 05 2012 16:49 GMT
#196
my bmw, easy
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8201 Posts
October 05 2012 17:56 GMT
#197
In 1986 Fredrich Nietzsche wrote:
Mankind does not strive for happiness; only the Englishman does that.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
belldandy
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom12 Posts
October 06 2012 00:15 GMT
#198
On October 06 2012 01:09 blug wrote:
I think seeing my mother again would spark something in me that would spark true happiness. I couldn't think of anything better.



aww T_T
SmokeMonster
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada72 Posts
October 06 2012 00:24 GMT
#199
being alive and healthy.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
October 06 2012 00:25 GMT
#200
No regrets. Being healthy.

Everything else to me I consider a luxury.
Skol
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 73
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65306
Bisu 3361
FanTaSy 1360
Stork 774
Rush 386
firebathero 254
Snow 216
Mind 122
hero 120
Last 113
[ Show more ]
Free 81
Sharp 77
Pusan 62
Sea.KH 59
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 33
Mong 27
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
Rock 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
HiyA 11
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
Dendi1160
Counter-Strike
fl0m2580
byalli1087
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
gofns38397
singsing2302
Liquid`RaSZi873
B2W.Neo555
Beastyqt426
Happy300
Pyrionflax261
Mlord257
Hui .210
Khaldor127
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 101
• Dystopia_ 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Nemesis3207
• Jankos2903
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1478
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 18m
OSC
9h 18m
Replay Cast
9h 18m
OSC
22h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.