• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:13
CEST 14:13
KST 21:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8044 users

Tequila appreciation thread - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Fallians
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada242 Posts
May 04 2012 02:43 GMT
#81
I can't stand mixed drinks or beer so whenever I go to parties/drink I always make sure to have a bottle of tequila handy! Nothing goes down smoother for me than a nice tall shot of Mexico's finest!
If you attack before 15minutes.. It's cheese....
iiGreetings
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada563 Posts
May 04 2012 02:46 GMT
#82
Kaluha is my fav mexican drink, but tequila is very nice resp is my personal favourite
Adapt and React I MKP, PartinG, EffOrt ♥
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
May 04 2012 02:58 GMT
#83
[image loading]

Had a decent amount of patron and don julio. Had some of this about a year ago, surprised me by how much better it was. I'll be taking notes from this thread..
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
May 04 2012 03:01 GMT
#84
That is one really cool looking bottle ZeaL.
I need to find some of this just to have the bottle!
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Divergence
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 03:09:47
May 04 2012 03:08 GMT
#85
I bought this tequila when I was in Mexico. Amanecer Ranchero Anejo:

[image loading]

The guy who I bought it from gave me the impression that he was a real tequila connoisseur so I trusted him when he told me that it is legitimate quality tequila (unlike the shitty Jose Cuervo junk). It has won competitions (whatever that means), and it tastes high quality to me (I drink it straight, but I have tasted very few tequilas in my lifetime).

I'm wondering if there are any experts here who could chime in on this tequila.
Pingvinen
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden78 Posts
May 04 2012 06:32 GMT
#86
On May 04 2012 12:08 Divergence wrote:
I bought this tequila when I was in Mexico. Amanecer Ranchero Anejo:

[image loading]

The guy who I bought it from gave me the impression that he was a real tequila connoisseur so I trusted him when he told me that it is legitimate quality tequila (unlike the shitty Jose Cuervo junk). It has won competitions (whatever that means), and it tastes high quality to me (I drink it straight, but I have tasted very few tequilas in my lifetime).

I'm wondering if there are any experts here who could chime in on this tequila.


Never tasted it, but i surely would! Dont trust when they say that this spirit has won many competitions, thats meaningless.
This is a legitimate tequila so dont worry about that, but right now there is a debate about what is a more "pure" tequila, where purists try to stay away from Anejo (like your bottle) because the time it matures on oak removes a bit of agavecharacter and makes it to similar to other brandies of with ranciocharacter.

But i would say drink it and enjoy it, thats what i would do! =)
abalam
Profile Joined October 2011
Switzerland316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 09:03:31
May 04 2012 08:29 GMT
#87
I'd be interested to give a good tequila a try (I mainly drink whisky but I also enjoy a good rum), thinking about Anejo or Extra Anejo. Maybe a whisky enthusiast can give some advice on what to try (I want something to sip).

The one Equity213 mentioned sounded really good (along with the description and the fact I've seen him posting in the whisky thread ). Any other suggestions ?

+ Show Spoiler +
On another note I picked up a bottle of Agave 99 overproof Anejo on the weekend. Bottle at 49.5% (we like this, more flavor yo) it needs a splash of water, but its darn tasty. You can taste a big bourbon/vanilla influence from the casks, but that agave flavour is not overpowered. Only 50$ for the bottle, its worth a go. Dont put it in a cocktail though
[image loading]
[image loading]

Flyingdutchman
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands858 Posts
May 04 2012 08:59 GMT
#88
The last time I used this stuff I had a hangover for two days. Is it due to the Tequila itself? I believe it was Jose Cuervo
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
May 04 2012 09:05 GMT
#89
Cuervo is one hell of a demon!
BSOD
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
May 04 2012 14:29 GMT
#90
On May 04 2012 17:29 abalam wrote:
I'd be interested to give a good tequila a try (I mainly drink whisky but I also enjoy a good rum), thinking about Anejo or Extra Anejo. Maybe a whisky enthusiast can give some advice on what to try (I want something to sip).

The one Equity213 mentioned sounded really good (along with the description and the fact I've seen him posting in the whisky thread ). Any other suggestions ?

+ Show Spoiler +
On another note I picked up a bottle of Agave 99 overproof Anejo on the weekend. Bottle at 49.5% (we like this, more flavor yo) it needs a splash of water, but its darn tasty. You can taste a big bourbon/vanilla influence from the casks, but that agave flavour is not overpowered. Only 50$ for the bottle, its worth a go. Dont put it in a cocktail though
[image loading]
[image loading]



Oh hai!

To be honest I would reccomend trying a reposado first. Anejos and especially extra anejos taste less like tequila and more like bourbon/scotch because of all the cask involvement. If you go straight for an anejo you probably will taste mostly whisky (not to mention they can get pretty pricey). Thats all well and good but the point is to try something new right?

Tequila with less age retains more of that agave flavour. Kind of like peatiness in Islay whisky, sometimes younger is better. Reposados are also versatille because they are good enough to sip on their own, but economical enough to make cocktails with too.

Im no expert yet but Herradura or El Jimador Repo would be my recomendations. I sip em both regularly.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1221
WardiTV565
OGKoka 175
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko366
OGKoka 175
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12655
Bisu 4473
FanTaSy 3340
Shuttle 1909
Jaedong 1346
actioN 822
BeSt 810
EffOrt 592
Horang2 537
Leta 246
[ Show more ]
Zeus 224
Larva 185
Dewaltoss 125
Mind 108
Barracks 105
Mong 72
Sexy 60
JYJ 59
scan(afreeca) 58
sorry 56
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 47
Killer 37
Shinee 37
Bale 34
sSak 30
Free 29
Aegong 20
HiyA 16
zelot 13
yabsab 10
Sacsri 9
Mini 1
Snow 1
Dota 2
Gorgc2933
Dendi674
XaKoH 330
qojqva2
Counter-Strike
x6flipin294
Other Games
singsing2493
olofmeister1300
B2W.Neo609
crisheroes320
Pyrionflax212
Livibee158
XBOCT145
hiko145
dupreeh99
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 9148
Other Games
gamesdonequick585
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN250
UltimateBattle 128
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1906
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 47m
Replay Cast
10h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.