• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8059 users

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Page 375

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 373 374 375 376 377 503 Next
This is a sensitive and complex issue, please do not make comments without first reading the facts, which are cataloged in the OP.

If you make an uninformed post, or one that isn't relevant to the discussion, you will be moderated. If in doubt, don't post.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 12 2013 04:20 GMT
#7481
On July 12 2013 13:14 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On July 12 2013 13:00 Kaitlin wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:58 zlefin wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:19 LegalLord wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:16 zlefin wrote:
Perhaps it should be a group separate from the jury. But i'd like SOME group to be in charge of just assessing the situation, figuring out what happened, and making recommendations. Trial jury's dont' decide what actually happened, they decide guilty or not guilty, and some findings of fact, but not too many, and not nearly as much analysis about what happened and what could be done; and the evidentiary rules are different.

What I want is a more thorough incident report and analysis. Similar to, but on a far smaller scale of course, than the 9/11 commission report.

You mean something along the lines of the police investigation that happened?



seeing as that's NOTHING like what I described, no. Please try learning more about commissions and reports, and see the things I actually referenced before referring to something that is obviously very different.


The problem with your idea is that you have no consideration for the concept of limited resources.

Im confused, he wants a separate group to be put together to find the "truth" and the jury to figure out if the party is guilty. If you get the "truth", why do you need a jury?


I think he wants a commission to investigate the investigation resulting in a report to determine the facts of what happened to be submitted to a court where it is tried before a jury for them to determine if the report resulting from the commissions' investigation of the investigation is accurate beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm not sure what his suggestion will be for the subsequent pre-sentencing investigation.

Yeah, that fucking redundant. Also, there is no way to confirm if the commission is correct.

Commission: We have confirmed that the jury's verdict was correct.
Judge: Great, your findings will be viewed by the Overseers commission, to confirm your commission made the correct decision that the jury made the correct decision. After that, those findings will be further reviewed. We can't be to careful.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
July 12 2013 04:26 GMT
#7482
I see the people here are idiots, since you're too stupid to look up anything about the 9/11 report, and the obvious values of reviewing a situation to try make things better, I shan't bother you with my intelligence past this post.

What a commission could do, is figure out what happened, and make recommendations for what people can do, and what legal changes could be made.
And George Zimmerman pretty clearly is culpable in some broad sense, that's why there was already a civil settlement reached between martin's family and GZ/homeowner's group., the question is of what, and how serious is it (probably not very). A commission could help answer that.

User was temp banned for this post.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 04:30:06
July 12 2013 04:29 GMT
#7483
On July 12 2013 13:26 zlefin wrote:
I see the people here are idiots, since you're too stupid to look up anything about the 9/11 report, and the obvious values of reviewing a situation to try make things better, I shan't bother you with my intelligence past this post.

What a commission could do, is figure out what happened, and make recommendations for what people can do, and what legal changes could be made.
And George Zimmerman pretty clearly is culpable in some broad sense, that's why there was already a civil settlement reached between martin's family and GZ/homeowner's group., the question is of what, and how serious is it (probably not very). A commission could help answer that.

Yeah, that's not necessary, the fact set isn't that complex.. We have all the information we need. It just sounds like a waste of time and money.

Also, you may want to refrain from insulting people because they disagree with you. TL generally frowns on that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 12 2013 04:29 GMT
#7484
On July 12 2013 13:26 zlefin wrote:
I see the people here are idiots, since you're too stupid to look up anything about the 9/11 report, and the obvious values of reviewing a situation to try make things better, I shan't bother you with my intelligence past this post.

What a commission could do, is figure out what happened, and make recommendations for what people can do, and what legal changes could be made.
And George Zimmerman pretty clearly is culpable in some broad sense, that's why there was already a civil settlement reached between martin's family and GZ/homeowner's group., the question is of what, and how serious is it (probably not very). A commission could help answer that.

please take your intelligence elsewhere and stop making up shit. GZ hasnt settled a lawsuit, and the fact that an insurer paid out on a claim really means very little in the grand scheme of things. they pay out as a matter of course.
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 12 2013 04:31 GMT
#7485
On July 12 2013 13:26 zlefin wrote:
I see the people here are idiots, since you're too stupid to look up anything about the 9/11 report, and the obvious values of reviewing a situation to try make things better, I shan't bother you with my intelligence past this post.

What a commission could do, is figure out what happened, and make recommendations for what people can do, and what legal changes could be made.
And George Zimmerman pretty clearly is culpable in some broad sense, that's why there was already a civil settlement reached between martin's family and GZ/homeowner's group., the question is of what, and how serious is it (probably not very). A commission could help answer that.


The 9/11 Commission was as a result of the most significant terrorist attack in the history of the world, which as changed the world as we know it, and sought to figure out what went wrong and what needed to be changed in the national security of the, arguably, most powerful country in the history of the world.

You want a system to create commissions for any and every interaction between two individuals in order to figure out what exactly happened, and whether a crime occurred ? Who is the idiot ?
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 12 2013 04:33 GMT
#7486
If I don't respond immediately, it's because I've gone to the store before the riots hit.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 12 2013 04:40 GMT
#7487
On July 12 2013 13:31 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:26 zlefin wrote:
I see the people here are idiots, since you're too stupid to look up anything about the 9/11 report, and the obvious values of reviewing a situation to try make things better, I shan't bother you with my intelligence past this post.

What a commission could do, is figure out what happened, and make recommendations for what people can do, and what legal changes could be made.
And George Zimmerman pretty clearly is culpable in some broad sense, that's why there was already a civil settlement reached between martin's family and GZ/homeowner's group., the question is of what, and how serious is it (probably not very). A commission could help answer that.


The 9/11 Commission was as a result of the most significant terrorist attack in the history of the world, which as changed the world as we know it, and sought to figure out what went wrong and what needed to be changed in the national security of the, arguably, most powerful country in the history of the world.

You want a system to create commissions for any and every interaction between two individuals in order to figure out what exactly happened, and whether a crime occurred ? Who is the idiot ?


I think all that really needs to happen is better training from the local police that maintains the Neighbourhood Watch in the area.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 12 2013 04:41 GMT
#7488
On July 12 2013 13:33 Kaitlin wrote:
If I don't respond immediately, it's because I've gone to the store before the riots hit.

on the ground live reporting from kaitlin.
Savant
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States379 Posts
July 12 2013 04:46 GMT
#7489
I can't wait for the Defense's closing argument. This case is the perfect setup for a ground 'n pound - MMA style. Does a simple majority decide, or must the jury be unanimous?
Myrddraal
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia937 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 04:52:27
July 12 2013 04:51 GMT
#7490
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


Well I admit the idea that he went into the backyard and back out doesn't make sense to me, but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that she was confused and thought he made it back but he didn't, since I don't understand why she would lie about that since it does not help Trayvon's innocence, (assuming that it is implausible that he made there it back due to the distance).

The part that I find more plausible is the actual confrontation and dialogue that she claims took place. Based on the evidence we do have, Zimmerman was following him and did not want him to get away, Trayvon was running away at some point, her description of the start of the actual encounter makes a lot more sense to me.

I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation. I mean it is possible, I just don't see it as likely, if he could outrun Zimmerman easily, why not keep running? If someone is following you, wouldn't you try to find out why before attacking them and pummelling their face into the ground? Neither account fully adds up, they are both fairly sketchy.

I'm not saying that he should be convicted based on this testimony alone, which is why I hoped for a recording of the phone conversation so we would have something solid, but based on the evidence it seems to me that he did something wrong and should be punished.
[stranded]: http://www.indiedb.com/games/stranded
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
July 12 2013 05:00 GMT
#7491
I dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm seriously getting sick of CNN's reporting on this case.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/francis-zimmerman-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

They just spout off the most insane inaccurate shit, label it as an opinion and then link the "opinion" piece in every actual article that is about the facts of the case. The whole premise of this opinion piece is ridiculous and is just self serving ego jerking.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ConGee
Profile Joined May 2012
318 Posts
July 12 2013 05:01 GMT
#7492
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


Well I admit the idea that he went into the backyard and back out doesn't make sense to me, but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that she was confused and thought he made it back but he didn't, since I don't understand why she would lie about that since it does not help Trayvon's innocence, (assuming that it is implausible that he made there it back due to the distance).

The part that I find more plausible is the actual confrontation and dialogue that she claims took place. Based on the evidence we do have, Zimmerman was following him and did not want him to get away, Trayvon was running away at some point, her description of the start of the actual encounter makes a lot more sense to me.

I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation. I mean it is possible, I just don't see it as likely, if he could outrun Zimmerman easily, why not keep running? If someone is following you, wouldn't you try to find out why before attacking them and pummelling their face into the ground? Neither account fully adds up, they are both fairly sketchy.

I'm not saying that he should be convicted based on this testimony alone, which is why I hoped for a recording of the phone conversation so we would have something solid, but based on the evidence it seems to me that he did something wrong and should be punished.


Judging from his texts and his social media profiles, I can definitely see Martin doing something along those lines.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 12 2013 05:07 GMT
#7493
On July 12 2013 13:46 Savant wrote:
I can't wait for the Defense's closing argument. This case is the perfect setup for a ground 'n pound - MMA style. Does a simple majority decide, or must the jury be unanimous?

unanimous to convict. not sure whether its unanimous to acquit. if zimmerman convinces one juror, mistrial i believe.
Mallard86
Profile Joined May 2011
186 Posts
July 12 2013 05:23 GMT
#7494
On July 12 2013 14:00 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm seriously getting sick of CNN's reporting on this case.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/francis-zimmerman-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

They just spout off the most insane inaccurate shit, label it as an opinion and then link the "opinion" piece in every actual article that is about the facts of the case. The whole premise of this opinion piece is ridiculous and is just self serving ego jerking.

The people who broke this story, the people who pushed it and escalated it, the people with other agendas want so hard for Zimmerman to be a cold blooded racist who murdered an innocent black child.
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 05:47:53
July 12 2013 05:32 GMT
#7495
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation.

I can understand that line of reasoning if it was coming from the jury but we, as third party onlookers have information the jury doesn't - namely the cell phone contents, which shows Trayvon leaning towards a thug life.

The most ridiculous thing I've heard from CNN yet is the suggestion that the screams might be Zimmerman. But rather than screams for help, screams of joy as Zimmerman pummeled Trayvon. I have no idea how to square this.
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 05:46:14
July 12 2013 05:40 GMT
#7496
double post -.-
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 05:46:23
July 12 2013 05:45 GMT
#7497
On July 12 2013 14:07 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:46 Savant wrote:
I can't wait for the Defense's closing argument. This case is the perfect setup for a ground 'n pound - MMA style. Does a simple majority decide, or must the jury be unanimous?

unanimous to convict. not sure whether its unanimous to acquit. if zimmerman convinces one juror, mistrial i believe.


Seems like only having 6 jurors should work in the prosecutions favor then. Still gonna be tough to convince 6 people to say they believe the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman is guilty of at least manslaughter.

On July 12 2013 14:32 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation.

I can understand that line of reasoning if it was coming from the jury but we, as third party onlookers have information the jury doesn't - namely the cell phone contents, which shows Trayvon leaning towards a thug life.


Don't the evidence/testimonies indicate Trayvon was nearly home and then went back a pretty decent distance (~200 ft?) where him and GZ had their confrontation? I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details but if that is the case, isn't that a pretty good indicator that he wasn't "scared" or "running away"?
Myrddraal
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia937 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 05:57:25
July 12 2013 05:48 GMT
#7498
On July 12 2013 14:01 ConGee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


Well I admit the idea that he went into the backyard and back out doesn't make sense to me, but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that she was confused and thought he made it back but he didn't, since I don't understand why she would lie about that since it does not help Trayvon's innocence, (assuming that it is implausible that he made there it back due to the distance).

The part that I find more plausible is the actual confrontation and dialogue that she claims took place. Based on the evidence we do have, Zimmerman was following him and did not want him to get away, Trayvon was running away at some point, her description of the start of the actual encounter makes a lot more sense to me.

I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation. I mean it is possible, I just don't see it as likely, if he could outrun Zimmerman easily, why not keep running? If someone is following you, wouldn't you try to find out why before attacking them and pummelling their face into the ground? Neither account fully adds up, they are both fairly sketchy.

I'm not saying that he should be convicted based on this testimony alone, which is why I hoped for a recording of the phone conversation so we would have something solid, but based on the evidence it seems to me that he did something wrong and should be punished.


Judging from his texts and his social media profiles, I can definitely see Martin doing something along those lines.


But why run and then change his mind? How exactly do you propose that plays out? He's running away, loses Zimmerman takes it as an opportunity to sneak up on the creepy guy who is following him?

And if we're going to make those kinds of judgements.

Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.


Did you listen to the 911 calls? All of his behaviour was odd, he sounded disturbed, not to mention he's a racist wannabe cop! (last parts are sarcasm, his behaviour was pretty odd).

On July 12 2013 14:32 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation.

I can understand that line of reasoning if it was coming from the jury but we, as third party onlookers have information the jury doesn't - namely the cell phone contents, which shows Trayvon leaning towards a thug life.


I don't know, it's one thing to lean towards a thug life, and it's another to attack a grown man who's following you on a rainy night. Maybe you guys are right, maybe he was just stupid, but judging Zimmerman he was equally likely to do something stupid.
[stranded]: http://www.indiedb.com/games/stranded
kmillz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 06:02:46
July 12 2013 06:00 GMT
#7499
On July 12 2013 14:48 Myrddraal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 14:01 ConGee wrote:
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


Well I admit the idea that he went into the backyard and back out doesn't make sense to me, but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that she was confused and thought he made it back but he didn't, since I don't understand why she would lie about that since it does not help Trayvon's innocence, (assuming that it is implausible that he made there it back due to the distance).

The part that I find more plausible is the actual confrontation and dialogue that she claims took place. Based on the evidence we do have, Zimmerman was following him and did not want him to get away, Trayvon was running away at some point, her description of the start of the actual encounter makes a lot more sense to me.

I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation. I mean it is possible, I just don't see it as likely, if he could outrun Zimmerman easily, why not keep running? If someone is following you, wouldn't you try to find out why before attacking them and pummelling their face into the ground? Neither account fully adds up, they are both fairly sketchy.

I'm not saying that he should be convicted based on this testimony alone, which is why I hoped for a recording of the phone conversation so we would have something solid, but based on the evidence it seems to me that he did something wrong and should be punished.


Judging from his texts and his social media profiles, I can definitely see Martin doing something along those lines.


But why run and then change his mind? How exactly do you propose that plays out? He's running away, loses Zimmerman takes it as an opportunity to sneak up on the creepy guy who is following him?

And if we're going to make those kinds of judgements.

Show nested quote +
Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.


Did you listen to the 911 calls? All of his behaviour was odd, he sounded disturbed, not to mention he's a racist wannabe cop! (last parts are sarcasm, his behaviour was pretty odd).

Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 14:32 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation.

I can understand that line of reasoning if it was coming from the jury but we, as third party onlookers have information the jury doesn't - namely the cell phone contents, which shows Trayvon leaning towards a thug life.


I don't know, it's one thing to lean towards a thug life, and it's another to attack a grown man who's following you on a rainy night. Maybe you guys are right, maybe he was just stupid, but judging Zimmerman he was equally likely to do something stupid.


Maybe he wanted to teach a creepy ass cracker a lesson for looking at him the wrong way or following him? I'm not saying we should take George Zimmerman's word as 100% truth, but this would be somewhat consistent with when George claimed Martin said "You got a fuckin problem homie?" followed by "Well you do now"
ConGee
Profile Joined May 2012
318 Posts
July 12 2013 06:00 GMT
#7500
On July 12 2013 14:48 Myrddraal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 14:01 ConGee wrote:
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


Well I admit the idea that he went into the backyard and back out doesn't make sense to me, but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that she was confused and thought he made it back but he didn't, since I don't understand why she would lie about that since it does not help Trayvon's innocence, (assuming that it is implausible that he made there it back due to the distance).

The part that I find more plausible is the actual confrontation and dialogue that she claims took place. Based on the evidence we do have, Zimmerman was following him and did not want him to get away, Trayvon was running away at some point, her description of the start of the actual encounter makes a lot more sense to me.

I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation. I mean it is possible, I just don't see it as likely, if he could outrun Zimmerman easily, why not keep running? If someone is following you, wouldn't you try to find out why before attacking them and pummelling their face into the ground? Neither account fully adds up, they are both fairly sketchy.

I'm not saying that he should be convicted based on this testimony alone, which is why I hoped for a recording of the phone conversation so we would have something solid, but based on the evidence it seems to me that he did something wrong and should be punished.


Judging from his texts and his social media profiles, I can definitely see Martin doing something along those lines.


But why run and then change his mind? How exactly do you propose that plays out? He's running away, loses Zimmerman takes it as an opportunity to sneak up on the creepy guy who is following him?

And if we're going to make those kinds of judgements.

Show nested quote +
Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.


Did you listen to the 911 calls? All of his behaviour was odd, he sounded disturbed, not to mention he's a racist wannabe cop! (last parts are sarcasm, his behaviour was pretty odd).

Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 14:32 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On July 12 2013 13:51 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:47 FatChicksUnited wrote:
On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
Well from her testimony (which I do agree is shaky) it sounded like Zimmerman initially was the aggressor and tried to grab Trayvon or something 'she heard Trayvon saying, "Get off. Get off,"'. There wouldn't be much physical evidence if he didn't actually actually physically hit him, and under the circumstances it would be understandable that Trayvon felt the need to defend himself since he had done nothing wrong and (as far as we know) received no explanation, though of course at a certain point Trayvon got the upper hand and was no longer defending himself.

By "something wrong prior" I meant that assuming that the above scenario was the case, that he followed Trayvon (not inherently wrong), attempted to subdue him (not extremely wrong, possibly only worthy of an assault charge) and after fearing for his life he killed Trayvon. So if this were the sequence of events, what he did initially may not be worthy of a harsh conviction, the result was the death of a person and I still feel he would be responsible.

So according to her testimony, Trayvon left his father's fiancee's backyard, and went out looking for Zimmerman. Then Zimmerman approached him and attempted to physically subdue him, despite having no good reason for doing so, as he only observed Trayvon walking in the rain and not doing anything unlawful (not being sarcastic here). Pretty odd behavior for Zimmerman.

And now you, hearing her testimony, believe it over a much more plausible version of events, which is the version put forward by Zimmerman and his defensive team, and you want to send Zimmerman to jail for it? I realize that there's a non-zero chance that Zimmerman did act completely out of line that night, and it's really impossible to know for sure. But on balance, Zimmerman's story seems much likelier, to me at least.


On July 12 2013 12:16 Myrddraal wrote:
On July 12 2013 11:56 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I want anyone to give me a scenario in which it is at all possible, given the evidence we've now seen, that Zimmerman somehow ran down a physically fit, 17 year old football player, and then started a fight only to get on the losing end (John Good's testimony), and then take back control of the fight (without injuring Trayvon in any way) and shoot him.

Because that sequence of events is 100% required to have occurred for Zimmerman to be guilty of what he's charged, and that, to me, is so unbelievably absurd a scenario that you might as well say that Zimmerman used his secret spiderman powers to do it.


I was under the impression that he did most of his pursuing in his car, though correct me if I am wrong.

He had to get out of his car to track Trayvon for a while. According to him, he lost Trayvon after a while, and was walking back towards his car when the incident occurred. Keep in mind that this is a good distance from Trayvon's home, where Rachel testified that Trayvon told her he was.


I just can't see Trayvon, running scared on a rainy night, suddenly deciding "nah fuck it, I can take this guy" and sneaking up and attacking Zimmerman from some bushes, also without any explanation.

I can understand that line of reasoning if it was coming from the jury but we, as third party onlookers have information the jury doesn't - namely the cell phone contents, which shows Trayvon leaning towards a thug life.


I don't know, it's one thing to lean towards a thug life, and it's another to attack a grown man who's following you on a rainy night. Maybe you guys are right, maybe he was just stupid, but judging Zimmerman he was equally likely to do something stupid.


Is pissed as he's running away from Zimmerman and decides that he wants to get revenge on him. Proceeds to attack him and gets carried away as he's attacking him.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but with Trayvon's history, it's a plausible explanation,
Prev 1 373 374 375 376 377 503 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 110
Hyun 39
ZZZero.O 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7406
febbydoto15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3593
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1098
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
FrodaN2776
Beastyqt905
fl0m896
KnowMe458
mouzStarbuck274
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King57
Trikslyr43
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1080
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• StrangeGG 43
• Adnapsc2 20
• LUISG 9
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8203
• WagamamaTV494
Other Games
• imaqtpie954
• Shiphtur296
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 54m
INu's Battles
16h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 54m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.