• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10069 users

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Page 350

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 503 Next
This is a sensitive and complex issue, please do not make comments without first reading the facts, which are cataloged in the OP.

If you make an uninformed post, or one that isn't relevant to the discussion, you will be moderated. If in doubt, don't post.
Freddybear
Profile Joined December 2011
United States126 Posts
July 11 2013 16:32 GMT
#6981
I see that the judge granted the prosecution's motion to instruct on third-degree murder, and she also graciously allowed the defense until 1:00 PM for research.
Older than the usual n00b
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
July 11 2013 16:33 GMT
#6982
On July 12 2013 01:32 GreenGringo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:27 plogamer wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


You're grasping if you are trying to argue that swearing and cussing reflects a calm state of mind.
/edit

I can imagine your wedding proposal. "Will you fucking marry me, you punk?"
I didn't say it "reflects" a calm state of mind; I said it's neutral.

There's lots of people who use words like "fucking punks" when they're in a relative clam state of mind, especially if they're talking about people they suspect to be criminals.


The problem phrase is "they always get away" followed by him leaving the car and running.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
July 11 2013 16:34 GMT
#6983
On July 12 2013 01:32 GreenGringo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:27 plogamer wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


You're grasping if you are trying to argue that swearing and cussing reflects a calm state of mind.
/edit

I can imagine your wedding proposal. "Will you fucking marry me, you punk?"
I didn't say it "reflects" a calm state of mind; I said it's neutral.

There's lots of people who use words like "fucking punks" when they're in a relative clam state of mind, especially if they're talking about people they suspect to be criminals.


No. No they don't. Certainly not with strangers. And it's almost never interpreted that way unless you are familiar with the person. I don't know what world you live in, but it must be very small and very full of swearing for you to think that is a normal thing to say to a police dispatcher.
#2throwed
Felnarion
Profile Joined December 2011
442 Posts
July 11 2013 16:36 GMT
#6984
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 11 2013 16:36 GMT
#6985
I like how no one is listening to the actual call where he is clearly not displaying malice when he says: "fucking punks".

He doesn't even sound angry... lol. You keep taking the words: "fucking punks" and are acting like they prove something when the tone of his voice doesn't support that conclusion at all.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
July 11 2013 16:37 GMT
#6986
I missed today's part of the case. What happened?
Zimmerman got charged with Murder 3. Did he take the stand against his attorney's instruction and ruin everything? Did anything else of interest happen?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 11 2013 16:40 GMT
#6987
On July 12 2013 01:37 LegalLord wrote:
I missed today's part of the case. What happened?
Zimmerman got charged with Murder 3. Did he take the stand against his attorney's instruction and ruin everything? Did anything else of interest happen?

They just added a charge. he still hasn't been convicted. He has not testified. A lot of stuff happened, but it's hard to describe it all.

Judge is a bitch, lol
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
July 11 2013 16:40 GMT
#6988
On July 12 2013 01:36 Felnarion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.


In the recording, you hear Zimmerman getting out of his car and running. The shooting happened closer to Trayvon's house than Zimmerman's car. Those are the facts.

This is after he says "they always get away"

These are not conjectures, this is what we have recorded.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
ConGee
Profile Joined May 2012
318 Posts
July 11 2013 16:42 GMT
#6989
On July 12 2013 01:37 LegalLord wrote:
I missed today's part of the case. What happened?
Zimmerman got charged with Murder 3. Did he take the stand against his attorney's instruction and ruin everything? Did anything else of interest happen?


Arguing about what jury instructions will be provided and whether or not 3rd degree murder should be added to the charges. Nothing groundbreaking beyond that.
Felnarion
Profile Joined December 2011
442 Posts
July 11 2013 16:43 GMT
#6990
On July 12 2013 01:40 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:36 Felnarion wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.


In the recording, you hear Zimmerman getting out of his car and running. The shooting happened closer to Trayvon's house than Zimmerman's car. Those are the facts.

This is after he says "they always get away"

These are not conjectures, this is what we have recorded.


Not even the prosecution pretends Zimmerman was running. So you're wrong.

The shooting happened roughly the same distance from both, but if you look at a map, which I'm sure you haven't, you would see that from the initial point, at the truck, there is no way Zimmerman could have ever confronted Trayvon unless Trayvon doubled back to confront him.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#6991
On July 12 2013 01:40 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:36 Felnarion wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.


In the recording, you hear Zimmerman getting out of his car and running. The shooting happened closer to Trayvon's house than Zimmerman's car. Those are the facts.

This is after he says "they always get away"

These are not conjectures, this is what we have recorded.

The distance from Zimmerman's truck and Martin's house is like... two blocks, if not less. There is no reason that Martin couldn't have made it home in the two minutes he had if he was actually running home.

We also hear in the recording Zimmerman STOP running.

Don't ignore these facts and cherry pick your own.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 11 2013 16:45 GMT
#6992
On July 12 2013 01:36 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I like how no one is listening to the actual call where he is clearly not displaying malice when he says: "fucking punks".

He doesn't even sound angry... lol. You keep taking the words: "fucking punks" and are acting like they prove something when the tone of his voice doesn't support that conclusion at all.

sc2superfan101, I am with you on a lot of arguments recently, but no one calls someone a "fucking punk" in a nice manner. The phrase itself is an insult. The fact that he said that pretty much shows that Zimmerman has made up his mind about Martin long before speaking with him. I don't think that is cause for him to be convicted, but lets not act like Zimmerman isn't a fucking idiot or a wanna-be cop trying to play hero.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
July 11 2013 16:45 GMT
#6993
On July 12 2013 01:32 Freddybear wrote:
I see that the judge granted the prosecution's motion to instruct on third-degree murder, and she also graciously allowed the defense until 1:00 PM for research.


Yes so generous of her. A whole hour, during lunch!
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
GreenGringo
Profile Joined July 2013
349 Posts
July 11 2013 16:48 GMT
#6994
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.
And this is spoken from the lofty position of hindsight. This renders your account so biased and judgemental that it's practically worthless.

Some people would be called "brave" for doing exactly what Zimmerman intended to do.

As far as I can tell, this "principle of never snooping on shady-looking persons" has been invented on the spot and would never have emerged if it weren't for the race thing.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
July 11 2013 16:48 GMT
#6995
On July 12 2013 01:44 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:40 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:36 Felnarion wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.


In the recording, you hear Zimmerman getting out of his car and running. The shooting happened closer to Trayvon's house than Zimmerman's car. Those are the facts.

This is after he says "they always get away"

These are not conjectures, this is what we have recorded.

The distance from Zimmerman's truck and Martin's house is like... two blocks, if not less. There is no reason that Martin couldn't have made it home in the two minutes he had if he was actually running home.

We also hear in the recording Zimmerman STOP running.

Don't ignore these facts and cherry pick your own.


I was told there was no evidence that Zimmerman ran anywhere, I was pointing out that that was false.

He responded by talking about where Trayvon *could* have run to, much like my initial statement talked about where Zimmerman *could* have sat in (his car).

He was pretending that Zimmerman never ran, and now is bringing up other points in the case when I point out that Zimmerman did run, and that Zimmerman did run after complaining about punks always getting away.

This shows his state of mind, it shows what he was thinking. It's as important to know as all the other points in the case.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
July 11 2013 16:49 GMT
#6996
On July 12 2013 00:38 plogamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 00:34 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 00:24 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Zimmerman does not have to provide a single reason for it being okay to follow Martin. He was legally allowed to follow Martin. He has no responsibility to not follow Martin.
Once when I was a university student I was attacked and beaten up for no reason by drunken youths who decided to take their frustrations out on the nearest defenceless male student they could find.

I was "rescued" by a cab driver who knew these kids were up to no good that night and decided to follow them in his cab. I got away with only minor injuries, but there's no telling how badly I would have been beaten up if it weren't for this cab driver.

It's simply ridiculous to accuse people of being "vigilantes" for merely following suspicious-looking youths some distance.


I don't know what area you're from; but you're lucky those youth were not armed. An untrained person like a cab driver could have escalated the situation and gotten you killed when you could have run and dialed 911 and achieved the same result.



what a completely bogus and asinine thing to say to someone.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
July 11 2013 16:50 GMT
#6997
On July 12 2013 01:48 GreenGringo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.
And this is spoken from the lofty position of hindsight. This renders your account so biased and judgemental that it's practically worthless.

Some people would be called "brave" for doing exactly what Zimmerman intended to do.

As far as I can tell, this "principle of never snooping on shady-looking persons" has been invented on the spot and would never have emerged if it weren't for the race thing.


Invented? It happened the moment the dispatcher said "you don't have to do that sir"
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
jeremycafe
Profile Joined March 2009
United States354 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-11 16:57:30
July 11 2013 16:54 GMT
#6998
On July 12 2013 01:48 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:44 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:40 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:36 Felnarion wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:30 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:25 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:22 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
[quote]No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


The game of anecdotal evidence...

"I wouldn't do it!"

"Well I would!"

Leads to nowhere yet again.
Exactly. That's why innocent until proven guilty was invented and that's why under the eye of the law, George Zimmerman is an innocent man.


The evidence simply points to justified homicide, not innocence. He says it was self defense, John Good's testimony makes it so.

Zimmerman still shot a kid who was simply walking home. Zimmerman still got out of his car and ran toward's Martin's house.

Zimmerman could have easily prevented this from happening by simple following his neighborhood watch training.


Nothing you are saying is supported by the truth. At this point, this will be the last time I, and I would hope, everyone else respond to you.

There is no evidence Zimmerman ran anywhere, that's a charged word you're using to try to get a response.

There is evidence, quite a lot, that Zimmerman shot a 17 year old who was not simply walking home, but actually doubled back to confront Zimmerman after Zimmerman completed the phone call.

Even given that you're correct on your previous points, which you're not, and you know you're not, you would still need to prove that Zimmerman started the physical exchange, which you can't do, because Trayvon wasn't harmed at all with the exception of the single gunshot.


In the recording, you hear Zimmerman getting out of his car and running. The shooting happened closer to Trayvon's house than Zimmerman's car. Those are the facts.

This is after he says "they always get away"

These are not conjectures, this is what we have recorded.

The distance from Zimmerman's truck and Martin's house is like... two blocks, if not less. There is no reason that Martin couldn't have made it home in the two minutes he had if he was actually running home.

We also hear in the recording Zimmerman STOP running.

Don't ignore these facts and cherry pick your own.


I was told there was no evidence that Zimmerman ran anywhere, I was pointing out that that was false.

He responded by talking about where Trayvon *could* have run to, much like my initial statement talked about where Zimmerman *could* have sat in (his car).

He was pretending that Zimmerman never ran, and now is bringing up other points in the case when I point out that Zimmerman did run, and that Zimmerman did run after complaining about punks always getting away.

This shows his state of mind, it shows what he was thinking. It's as important to know as all the other points in the case.


He obviously mis-spoke. There has been no attempt by the state to say zimmerman was running. None. You are completely making this "fact" up to justify the garbage spilling from your mouth. He was following, not chasing. Big difference.


edit: It really amazes me how someone will add "facts" to what is actually stated while watching this trial. You are so biased that you are changing the events to fit your mind set of what happened. Sorry, your version didn't happen.
GreenGringo
Profile Joined July 2013
349 Posts
July 11 2013 16:54 GMT
#6999
On July 12 2013 01:34 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2013 01:32 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:27 plogamer wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:21 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:13 Adreme wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:11 GreenGringo wrote:
On July 12 2013 01:07 plogamer wrote:
Are you out of your mind to compare a video-game situation to a real-life situation?
No, not really. People curse in real life all the time. "Fucking punks" and "assholes" can be merely an expression of minor annoyance.

You're the one out of your mind if you don't realize that people all the time use words like "fucking punks" without meaning much by them.


I could never imagine a circumstance where I am calmly cussing while calling 911.
Speak for yourself. I can imagine it quite easily.

The prosecution must really be desperate if these are the straws you are grasping.


You're grasping if you are trying to argue that swearing and cussing reflects a calm state of mind.
/edit

I can imagine your wedding proposal. "Will you fucking marry me, you punk?"
I didn't say it "reflects" a calm state of mind; I said it's neutral.

There's lots of people who use words like "fucking punks" when they're in a relative clam state of mind, especially if they're talking about people they suspect to be criminals.


No. No they don't. Certainly not with strangers. And it's almost never interpreted that way unless you are familiar with the person. I don't know what world you live in, but it must be very small and very full of swearing for you to think that is a normal thing to say to a police dispatcher.
Subjective claptrap, like everything the prosecution has put forward in this joke of a case.

Quite apart from the veil of uncertainty surrounding the matter of possibility on which you issue these cocksure pronouncements...you don't even appear to be correct. Someone's already pointed out that Zimmerman sounded calm when he said "fucking punks".
MooseyFate
Profile Joined February 2011
United States237 Posts
July 11 2013 16:59 GMT
#7000
Man, this thread has turned to shit today. You kids wanna take your bickering to PMs and leave this thread alone?
Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 503 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 264
MaxPax 248
Codebar 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51341
Calm 4198
Shuttle 2473
Bisu 1694
FanTaSy 1657
Soma 677
Mini 659
EffOrt 581
Rush 461
Stork 358
[ Show more ]
Light 298
Hyuk 251
firebathero 240
Snow 206
ZerO 158
Barracks 129
actioN 122
Killer 81
Zeus 79
hero 71
Dewaltoss 66
Sea.KH 52
Shinee 46
Hyun 44
Pusan 41
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 32
Bale 30
Free 27
Shine 25
Yoon 23
PianO 20
Aegong 19
HiyA 16
yabsab 16
zelot 16
sorry 14
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8473
Dendi1099
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_95
x6flipin65
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes463
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2169
hiko1969
B2W.Neo432
byalli265
Hui .198
Livibee185
Liquid`VortiX164
Mew2King75
Rex29
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2265
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 37m
Replay Cast
8h 22m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.