• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:12
CEST 11:12
KST 18:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8296 users

Have you ever used hacks in a game?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 03:16:09
January 07 2012 01:50 GMT
#1
I did a search on this but only found one being accused of hacking and trying a maphack, im speaking in a general sense.

Ok guys, its time to own up! Did you use a wallhack in counter strike? Map hack in broodwar? Speedhack ? Aimbot? Whatever the hell. OWN UP!

-Im just interested on peoples views of hacks in different genres etc, if they've ever used them and the like.

This ONLY applies to online multiplayer games, although feel free to discuss "cheats" in SP

When i was 12 (or so) i was directed to download WoW and play on a private server with some friends, they sent me this program (that i know now as a speedhack) and told me to use it, but never if i saw a GM (which i could identify by seeing a lvl 255 on the who list) online. I was young and naive and it made me go super fast and get places quickly. Awesome! ... >.<

Nowadays i despise any sort of hack, online or offline (known as a cheat.) i feel sorry for the poor souls who do hack as they clearly have no social life or skills and do it for attention and to grief people. (Angsty teenagers who get bullied at school trying to "cyber-bully" trolol.)

Im even against using the funny cheats in GTA. Its so engraved into my head O.O

Your turn!

EDIT: Poll by request. Also, i dont care how ub3r l33t you were at CS or COD or <Insert game> but you hacked for "fun" - its the story of everyone on the internet, stop enlarging your epeen in my damn thread!

Poll: Have you hacked an online multiplayer game?

No, not at all, screw hackers to hell. (968)
 
58%

Yes, but once or twice when younger only. (578)
 
35%

Yes and i continue to do so. (72)
 
4%

No but ive thought / thinking about it. (37)
 
2%

1655 total votes

Your vote: Have you hacked an online multiplayer game?

(Vote): Yes, but once or twice when younger only.
(Vote): No, not at all, screw hackers to hell.
(Vote): Yes and i continue to do so.
(Vote): No but ive thought / thinking about it.



Useless wet fish.
MR KING
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden145 Posts
January 07 2012 01:51 GMT
#2
Nope.
Azera
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3800 Posts
January 07 2012 01:52 GMT
#3
Yes I have. Back when I played Maplestory. Only speed hack though =/
Check out some great music made by TLers - http://bit.ly/QXYhdb , by intrigue. http://bit.ly/RTjpOR , by ohsea.toc.
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 01:52:56
January 07 2012 01:52 GMT
#4
No, I never used any hack in an online/LAN game - and that is almost 20 years
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
January 07 2012 01:53 GMT
#5
I had a lot of friends who would maphack in Diable 2, but nope, I've never myself used hacks in a multiplayer game and tbh I've never understood the concept behind hacking SP games - you just ruin the fun for yourself...
ntssauce
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany750 Posts
January 07 2012 01:53 GMT
#6
once in CS:S but than i played even worse cause i didn't want anyone to see it and then i put it away since than never again.
MMA and Alive you are the best! | Goodbye ST_Sound ~
Jonas :)
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States511 Posts
January 07 2012 01:53 GMT
#7
I considered getting a double click bot to progress my "Drunkard" title in Guild Wars1 (anyone that played GW1 and maxed that title knows how much of a B***h it is), but I haven't. Other than that I haven't even considered cheating in any game
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
January 07 2012 01:54 GMT
#8
Maphack in Diablo 2. Fucking Act 2..
-
brain_
Profile Joined June 2010
United States812 Posts
January 07 2012 01:54 GMT
#9
No, and I hate hate hate hate hackers. I used to play a lot of FPS in amateur competition and every time there was an anti-cheat update half the top teams got caught wallhacking. It really made me sad because teamwork, communication, and map awareness were such fun skills to master... but were completely ruined by the other team having a wallhacker describe the location of enemies.
Freeheals
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States488 Posts
January 07 2012 01:54 GMT
#10
maphack, d2
Have a feeling most people will be saying that
http://www.last.fm/user/Rahdek
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#11
Hacks?
No.

Cheats?
BW Single player campaign -> There is no cow level.
BW custom game -> Black sheep wall + Food for thought + Show me the money x2 + Operation CWAL.
Hahahahaha what a blast getting 80 guardians before the 12 minute mark
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#12
I used an autobuyer back when I played Neopets. Mind you this was at age twelve.


I remember accidently taking a screen shot of the autobuyer and posting in my page. Needless to say someone found it and about 30 different threads went up screaming blood murder, as I was kind of a big name in Neopets. (God that sounds so pathetic)

Haven't touched crap like that sense. Only cheats I use are in singleplayer when I'm bored
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 01:58:11
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#13
The only one I ever used was a diablo "trainer". I can't remember the exact name, but yeah, just gave me all the godly plate etc gear at lvl 1 on multiplayer. Not like it was hard to find someone to dupe it for ya anyways but that's the only hack I have ever used.

EDIT: I totally lied, I use to use a hack for Quake team fortress (OLD SCHOOL SON) that attached a flare to every enemy so I could see them through walls and floors etc.
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#14
By the end of warcraft, I played arranged teams with a friends with maphack. Was a lot of fun, since everyone and their mother had it. I remember one game when they pinged our army (you can see it) through the fog of war and then we accused them of mh and started to ping their armies too ahahahahaha
Or surrounding an invisible warden with towers :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#15
On January 07 2012 10:54 Headshot wrote:
Maphack in Diablo 2. Fucking Act 2..


act 3 was imo worse if you actually gathered the flail yourself...
Vxu
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada41 Posts
January 07 2012 01:56 GMT
#16
Same as you OP, it is completely a non-question no matter what the benefits are. I don't understand the desire to obtain such an advantage when the satisfaction is obviously so much more real when you can say "I kick ass because of ME."
jeppew
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden471 Posts
January 07 2012 01:57 GMT
#17
Achievment unlocker for TF2 when they did the medic patch to get the new weapons, i hate grinding in player vs player games and i really wish they didn't implement new weapons they way they did or the way it is now. Needless to say i don't play TF2: the hattening anymore.
Glowinglight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States76 Posts
January 07 2012 01:58 GMT
#18
Yes, who didn't use maphack in diablo 2. Not only to view the map but the server ip and to see what people were wearing ( can you do that in d3?)
JohnBiolante
Profile Joined September 2011
26 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 02:01:27
January 07 2012 01:58 GMT
#19
Kind of. Not intentionally that I can rememeber, but I played a MMOFPS called "Planetside" and I had this issue where my (dual core) computer would cause me to have epic movement speed increases exactly 1 hour and 26 minutes into gameplay. A simple restart would fix the "speed hacks" though and I did that before every "battle."
LlOoKkIi
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Korea (South)473 Posts
January 07 2012 01:58 GMT
#20
I have never used a hack, but plenty of cheats and glitches/bugs and such.
Korean Highschool Exchange Student. Apink's Eunji #1
1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4528
Rain 4033
Leta 2584
Soulkey 434
Soma 317
BeSt 233
Rush 212
Barracks 204
firebathero 89
Killer 50
[ Show more ]
Sexy 39
Shine 37
Shinee 33
Hm[arnc] 19
Sharp 14
HiyA 12
sorry 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2816
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 520
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns22016
WinterStarcraft703
Sick193
Pyrionflax161
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 63
• Sammyuel 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2280
League of Legends
• Jankos2659
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
48m
Patches Events
5h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 48m
OSC
13h 48m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.