• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10068 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 628

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 626 627 628 629 630 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 17:24:23
June 06 2015 17:17 GMT
#12541
On June 07 2015 01:54 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 22:59 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 06 2015 20:39 arb wrote:
ex randomly apologizing for doing me shitty even though she is with someone else. strikes me as strange.

week ago she was on the warpath about money i "owed her"(i dont if anything she owes me) then all of the sudden drops it.
shit is weird.

her new bf says he is going to beat my ass, and has told me this and backed down like 4 times and would never say anything to me in person even if me and her were arguing like fuck.
what a bitch


She probably got into an argument with her new guy, misses you.

He probably threatened to kick her ass in the fight and then backed down.

shits annoying he'll send me atleast 1 msg a week saying he's going to
always give him the same answer
"she knows where im at if you want it that bad"

might take an hour or two but he'll send me some long post bitching out and im like what the fuck man, why even fucking bother.
but if its in person he'll be all friendly, even if me and her are fighting he'll just look at the ground and remain silent and im like "if i was in his position i would be on the warpath right now not sitting there like a fucking pussy about the whole thing"

mostly over us talking, but she has been being friendly. she unblocked me and started out being a huge cunt, and has gradually been more i dunno forgiving. told me she was only bitching about me giving her shit to see if i would "show initiative" im like uhhh? i have literally done everything possible i dont know what else someone could ask from me

i mean i was pretty generous about what i left her, literally everything to cook with eat on etc was mine and i left it bc i didnt wanna be that guy. and only really got shit that i needed which was still very little. really dunno what else you could ask for
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 06 2015 17:26 GMT
#12542
what are your hobbies bloodwhore? besides being a misanthrope I mean
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 06 2015 19:39 GMT
#12543
I can't argue with the misanthrope hue.
Climbing. I'd say I'm fairly good at this, nothing super special but probably like in the top 10% where I climb at the moment.
Longboarding. Sliding is pretty fun, aren't that many fun hills where I live atm though...
Graphic Design (ish). Was in a organisation which created the biggest festival on our campus where my post was graphic designer (didn't do as much graphic design that I expected but). Going to be in the "art director" of our computer section next year too, they talked that I maybe am going to create some art installation which like the entire fucking university will see. Sounds awesome but I hardly think I am that good.
Gymnastics/bodyweight exercising. This kinda goes hand in hand with climbing but I do it at home so it's kinda different still.
Floor hockey. We play every thursday with our computer section and me and some friends got a team in the campus series.
Programming. Don't do it as much as I'd like to since we almost always have some kind of project in university regarding programming.

I'd say watching movies and listening to music too but I guess everyone do that (except for a girl I asked out like 2 months ago, she was shocked to hear that I listen to music as much as I do (wtf)). Maybe not to the same extent as I do though, I probably average 1+ movie per day.

Can't forget watching Dota
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
June 06 2015 19:51 GMT
#12544
I'd say watching movies and listening to music too but I guess everyone do that (except for a girl I asked out like 2 months ago, she was shocked to hear that I listen to music as much as I do (wtf)). Maybe not to the same extent as I do though, I probably average 1+ movie per day.


That's quite a lot of movies! I'd expect that most of us watch a few every month (at best), rather than 30+ per month!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 19:59:59
June 06 2015 19:57 GMT
#12545
On June 06 2015 19:15 bloodwhore~ wrote:
Yep. Went about as I expected. For someone who was really social she didn't really seem to understand what a date is about. She talked a lot about herself. It was like I was interviewing her. Didn't really have anything in common either. NEXT!


Most dates go like that, totally natural. girl talking you attentively listening, escalating physically - that's what most dates are all about. Without the physical escalation it always did feel like an interview - don't think you are ready to meet a girl you have stuff in common yet

What happened with the kiss btw - did she give you the cheek?
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
June 06 2015 20:03 GMT
#12546
On June 06 2015 17:07 kaykaykay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 13:02 levelping wrote:
they don't freak out of course. They will think you're pretty weird, and if you keep that up they're going to want to get as far away from you as possible. Again, maybe it's where I live, a question like how did you meet can be pretty personal and if that's like the first thing you ask two strangers they are very likely going to tell you to get lost or that it is none of your business. If you bring this up as part of a wider conversation sure, but it sounds like this is your proposed opening line.


Have to agree with him on this one. Girls in our country tend to over think.
The dress one works though, "hey that dress looks good."
Compliments are always good.


The dress one works as you compliment her, then tell her you want to get one for your girlfriend, totally disqualifying yourself. Girls love talking about sizes, brands etc. You're not trying to get this girl, you just want to warm up and gain some social value by talking to the hottest chick in the room
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 06 2015 20:11 GMT
#12547
On June 07 2015 04:57 LemOn wrote:
What happened with the kiss btw - did she give you the cheek?


What? Was that one for me?
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
June 06 2015 20:55 GMT
#12548
On June 07 2015 05:03 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 17:07 kaykaykay wrote:
On June 06 2015 13:02 levelping wrote:
they don't freak out of course. They will think you're pretty weird, and if you keep that up they're going to want to get as far away from you as possible. Again, maybe it's where I live, a question like how did you meet can be pretty personal and if that's like the first thing you ask two strangers they are very likely going to tell you to get lost or that it is none of your business. If you bring this up as part of a wider conversation sure, but it sounds like this is your proposed opening line.


Have to agree with him on this one. Girls in our country tend to over think.
The dress one works though, "hey that dress looks good."
Compliments are always good.


The dress one works as you compliment her, then tell her you want to get one for your girlfriend, totally disqualifying yourself. Girls love talking about sizes, brands etc. You're not trying to get this girl, you just want to warm up and gain some social value by talking to the hottest chick in the room

The dress one sounds like a great opener. Some of the rest of those are pretty creepy or just outright bad imo.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
June 06 2015 21:05 GMT
#12549
On June 07 2015 05:11 bloodwhore~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2015 04:57 LemOn wrote:
What happened with the kiss btw - did she give you the cheek?


What? Was that one for me?

Yeah always go for this kiss
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 06 2015 21:21 GMT
#12550
On June 07 2015 06:05 LemOn wrote:
Yeah always go for this kiss


I wasn't feeling it at all. FUCK THAT.
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
June 07 2015 01:06 GMT
#12551
Bloodwhore, it seems like you are worried the girls would reject you and so you preemptively reject them so that you can say you "won".
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-07 03:00:24
June 07 2015 02:57 GMT
#12552
Most people like to listen to themselves talk. Most people like people who ingratiate them in that aspect.

Perhaps you should listen more closely, and you'll find out that people are far more complex than you give them credit for.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
June 07 2015 04:29 GMT
#12553
Cosmic is spot-on. If you've ever wanted to get a good idea of how social interactions work check out How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It is essentially a textbook on how social interactions work, including how to consider other people's feelings properly. One piece of advice it gives is exactly this: "Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves." More than that, however, is this: "Talk in terms of the other person's interest."

These are two principles with which I used to struggle. For example, I'd talk to my cousin Matt. He's into guitar, art, and ultimate frisbee. I'm into video games, math and computers. When we talked, I'd talk about my interests. He is a nice, sociable person, so he'd keep the conversation on my interests. Sometimes we'd talk about his interests, but whenever we did I would quickly drag it back to my interests. For him, this wasn't as interesting and made the conversations less enjoyable. However, since he is nice he never mentioned it to me. Eventually, I learned to not focus the conversation on myself so much and learned a lot from him. These subjects varied from art to girls to hiphop and a whole lot of other things. Not only did I learn a lot from Matt about these topics, but when I accepted the conversation could be on his terms the conversations became a lot more enjoyable for both of us.

A related note to making conversation is something I found I believe on /r/seduction called conversation threading. When someone says something there's always things to riff off of. For example: "I just came back from Paris, it's so romantic." You can say something about your game of League and completely derail the conversation, as well as make the other person pissed off at you for not respecting their interests. Or, you can go based off of what they said. For example, "Oh, do you go travelling a lot?", "What's Paris like? I always wanted to see the Eiffel tower" or "It is! People have told me that X is so romantic and I've always wanted to see that, too." You pick elements of their sentence and reply based off of that. It's an elementary concept, but not really mentioned anywhere. When I learned this it felt like a ray of sun burst through the clouds on me. This is how you keep conversations flowing.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 07 2015 07:15 GMT
#12554
On June 07 2015 10:06 WarSame wrote:
Bloodwhore, it seems like you are worried the girls would reject you and so you preemptively reject them so that you can say you "won".


Yeah I kinda feel like I did that with the girl I went on two dates with. Sort of regret it but I honestly don't think we would
have been a great match anyway, and given how easily I usually crush on girls I should have wanted her more than I did.
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 08 2015 19:44 GMT
#12555
Holy shit, I don't know why but I'm fucking on fire (with getting dates at least).

The 6th of may I saw a really cute girl, didn't approach her because I was chicken as fuck. When I got home I made a post
on this anonymous app which is popular where I live (kinda like twitter but within a radius from your phone). Mentioned her
and she answered there and she said her name. Found her facebook and sent a message asking if she wanted to go for a
walk with me.

Fast forward to today, I saw her again, cute as hell. Made a post about her once again because yolo and told her to check her "other" inbox. She saw it and now we're going for a walk tomorrow! Not going to back down from this one anytime soon!
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-08 23:49:17
June 08 2015 21:34 GMT
#12556
This is our town, scrub
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
June 08 2015 22:12 GMT
#12557
I like
Just keep going out bloodwhore~
try to ask in person next time too
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 08 2015 22:16 GMT
#12558
Yeah I wanted to do that. However it was at an exam (several different majors have exam in the same room) and I didn't see her until she was leaving. She finished her exam way earlier than me.
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
TeabagInsurance
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada320 Posts
June 09 2015 06:46 GMT
#12559
I think I set myself up for disappointment the other day and I've been thinking about it throughout the day since it happened on Friday. I guess I mostly just want to share this in an attempt to let some of these thoughts out of my head.

Went to a small-mid size party (Uni graduation party of the sorts) assembled by a group of high school friends I used to be pretty close with but now only really see a handful of times throughout the year. I go there and more or less know everyone except this one girl who recently started to hang out with this old group of friends. She's really cute we're both the only singles there. Throughout the night we're drinking and chatting/flirting.

I leave our bonfire in the back yard to go get another beer and as I turn around she's there. I don't remember what was said exactly but we end up making out... for like 10-15 minutes. Then she looks at me and we stop for a moment and she says something like "where is this going?" I know this isn't a PUA thread and that's not my game, but I was like "I don't have a condom" to leave it open to her. She's replies "that's okay, that's not what I'm really looking for as I just got out of a serious relationship (she was engaged)." She asks for my intentions and I tell her I haven't really given it a lot of thought and I'm just taking things as they go (which is true). She tells me she isn't really looking for love and proposes we start as friends.

The rest of the night we continue to cuddle and make out, and people start to leave and go to bed. We're both too liquored to drive, so we're staying the night. We have a spare room to ourselves but instead of us actually going to bed it ends up with us all over each other half naked for another hour two. It was pretty physical despite not actually having sex. Eventually she falls asleep in my arms.

In the morning, she's like "This isn't weird, right?" to which I laughed and smiled, said "no", and kissed her. We get up and help everyone clean up then before leaving we hug.

So now I've been spending an abnormal amount of time thinking about her and when I'll see her next. I was like "yep, not looking for love, just wanna cuddle and make out for now, gotcha" and now I sit here wanting her like an idiot. I'll be seeing her for a few hours Saturday since me and these friends, including her, are going on a hike before I have to leave to go to work. Jeez, what did I get myself into.
Tired of getting teabagged? Get your teabag insurance today!
bloodwhore~
Profile Joined September 2014
1010 Posts
June 09 2015 15:18 GMT
#12560
Damn it, she cancelled saying she had to go home earlier than she expected.

I don't know if I was to aggressive but I responded with "Okey! Do you want to meet up another time or did you change your mind? It's fine regardless but I'd appreciate the honesty. "
"Allahu akbar" - Techies.
Prev 1 626 627 628 629 630 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
RuFF_SC2 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1254
Artosis 609
Rain 409
Dewaltoss 55
NaDa 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
Doublelift3797
Counter-Strike
taco 506
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox587
Other Games
summit1g8096
C9.Mang0296
WinterStarcraft285
Maynarde137
ViBE119
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 45m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.