• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:57
CEST 21:57
KST 04:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8801 users

Steve Jobs has died after a long struggle with cancer. - P…

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
October 06 2011 03:29 GMT
#441
On October 06 2011 12:07 Biochemist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 12:02 Motivate wrote:
i don't get it... i thought everyone was saying how his cancer wasn't that bad and was largely in remission?

was steve jobs just very private with his health? this seemed to just come out of no where.


I think he was just private with his health. And you can hardly blame him, considering how Apple's stock took a dive every time his health took a turn for the worse.


exactly. health is a personal thing, even if you're a tech celebrity. he's a professional man, steve jobs, who kept going till the end. i respect that.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
johanngrunt
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Hong Kong1555 Posts
October 06 2011 03:31 GMT
#442
I'm actually waiting for the moment the mods feel it's necessary for them to step in with a white bar above this thread. Hope it doesn't happen though. RIP.
Motivate
Profile Joined June 2011
2860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 03:33:43
October 06 2011 03:32 GMT
#443
On October 06 2011 12:22 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 12:02 Motivate wrote:
i don't get it... i thought everyone was saying how his cancer wasn't that bad and was largely in remission?

was steve jobs just very private with his health? this seemed to just come out of no where and there was basically nothing regarding his recent health in the news.


It was pancreatic cancer... unless found incidentally in a really early stage, there's no "not that bad" possible.

i'm almost 100% sure steve jobs did not have an adenocarcinoma

if he did, he would've been dead a long time ago

edit: he had an islet cell neuroendocrine tumour which has a far better prognosis.
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
October 06 2011 03:35 GMT
#444
RIP Steve Jobs. My family has had your products for a long time, since the early 90s even. You're a visionary and shall be missed
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
October 06 2011 03:35 GMT
#445
On October 06 2011 12:02 Tatari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 11:38 cyprin wrote:
The Westboro church will be at his funeral

[image loading]


This had me burst laughing.

They really need to realize they're not wanted anywhere.


that's the point. they know they're not wanted anywhere, they're just histrionic bitches
The universe created an audience for itself.
jpditri
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States86 Posts
October 06 2011 03:36 GMT
#446
the man had vision, and when it didn't align with tradition he stuck with it. The world is less without him.
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
October 06 2011 03:37 GMT
#447
Truth be told I always thought of him as an arrogant ass who stepped on people on his way to the top(Though I guess everyone does).

However he was a visionary and I have always respected him for that. R.I.P.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
October 06 2011 03:38 GMT
#448
PC for the forseeable future, but I love the iPod. Best touch screen I've ever used and it's an amazing product for all its criticism. I remember in middle school when having an iPod was a rarity and listening to music while walking around was never seen. Now almost everyone has an Apple product and you see earphones on people's heads all the time. Steve Jobs revolutionized the modern world. He was one of this century's geniuses.

RIP Mr. Jobs.
PhuxPro
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States294 Posts
October 06 2011 03:39 GMT
#449
Steve, I cannot say I have ever used your products or have ever believed in them. I've never bought one and have no idea how to operate that damn OS when my family member had trouble trying to use it. I've used Windows as long as I remember.

But I've watched every one of those "unveil" videos you hosted (I guess is the word), and I absolutely loved every one of them.

RIP Steve Jobs
I don't even know anything about him and I wanted nothing to do with his products, but his personality striked me as very homely, as if he was a person who can easily be befriended. Who can keep their weapon and shield in their hands? No, you gotta drop them!
Money was meant solely to be spent.
pileopoop
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada317 Posts
October 06 2011 03:42 GMT
#450
On October 06 2011 12:37 DminusTerran wrote:
Truth be told I always thought of him as an arrogant ass who stepped on people on his way to the top(Though I guess everyone does).

However he was a visionary and I have always respected him for that. R.I.P.


I would like him if he didn't abuse patents.
Ympulse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States287 Posts
October 06 2011 03:51 GMT
#451
roflcopter and lollerskates. Took him long enough. Karma's a bitch.

User was temp banned for this post.
carebear91
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore236 Posts
October 06 2011 03:52 GMT
#452
RIP steve jobs. one of the greatest innovator to have ever lived.
SpiritAshura
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1271 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 03:58:20
October 06 2011 03:57 GMT
#453
I don't even like mac's or apple personally aside from the ipod, but the man basically changed the way we do many things in the world today. RIP.
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 04:03:11
October 06 2011 04:01 GMT
#454
I've been depressed since noon when I heard about this... I watched thiss interview with him andd bill gates on youtube a couple of months ago and I think that made me something more than just a fan. I'm so sad especially after watching some more of his videos today.
RIP

Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
October 06 2011 04:06 GMT
#455
I always thought Apple made shitty overpirced product and i never touch or would touch something they made except for the old Ipods.
However non can deny that Jobs was an innovator and he was the guy who ran Apple in all aspects, honestly im not sure what apple will do without him.
He was a great man and he deserves respect for being one of the first to come up with the PC concept.
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
DNB
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland995 Posts
October 06 2011 04:09 GMT
#456
I now feel bad for all the Apple jokes I used to laugh at

RIP
IntoTheBush
Profile Joined July 2010
United States552 Posts
October 06 2011 04:19 GMT
#457
not a mac fan myself, but he definitely made his mark on the technology industry. Probably revolutionized it to be honest.. But this isn't the place for such debate, so my condolences to the family and friends of Senor Jobs.

*pours beer on floor
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
October 06 2011 04:20 GMT
#458
I'm not a huge Apple fan myself, but I have mad respect for what Steve Jobs has done in the technological world. This was far, far too soon.

RIP buddy, you will be missed. =(
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
divinesage
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore649 Posts
October 06 2011 04:24 GMT
#459
Not a fan of Apple, but that man is a genius who transformed Apple, you don't get many people in yourl lifetime who has that ability and charisma to do such great things. RIP.
teser
Profile Joined July 2010
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 04:26:18
October 06 2011 04:24 GMT
#460
On October 06 2011 12:32 Motivate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 12:22 mordk wrote:
On October 06 2011 12:02 Motivate wrote:
i don't get it... i thought everyone was saying how his cancer wasn't that bad and was largely in remission?

was steve jobs just very private with his health? this seemed to just come out of no where and there was basically nothing regarding his recent health in the news.


It was pancreatic cancer... unless found incidentally in a really early stage, there's no "not that bad" possible.

i'm almost 100% sure steve jobs did not have an adenocarcinoma

if he did, he would've been dead a long time ago

edit: he had an islet cell neuroendocrine tumour which has a far better prognosis.

everything i've read said he died of pancreatic cancer, and according to wikipedia "95% of pancreatic cancers are ductal adenocarcinomas" so yea, i dunno if it's right but it seems that's likely what it was(based on my 10 seconds of half assed research)
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 580
ProTech162
BRAT_OK 89
Railgan 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1609
Shuttle 645
Dewaltoss 101
Trap 28
Bale 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Dota 2
420jenkins494
Counter-Strike
fl0m4194
Fnx 657
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4846
Liquid`Hasu597
Other Games
summit1g4471
Liquid`RaSZi1956
FrodaN883
B2W.Neo433
XaKoH 369
C9.Mang0188
ToD170
TKL 96
UpATreeSC80
RotterdaM77
QueenE68
Mew2King29
JuggernautJason15
PPMD13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
WardiTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2579
League of Legends
• TFBlade889
Other Games
• Shiphtur1326
• imaqtpie882
• WagamamaTV320
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 3m
Patches Events
20h 3m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.