• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:09
CEST 06:09
KST 13:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7098 users

Vancouver Riots - Post Stanley Cup Final - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36 37 Next All
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
June 16 2011 05:47 GMT
#81
Disgusting, fucking delinquents who were just waiting for an excuse to cause chaos. -_-
I <3 Plexa.
RayN
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada139 Posts
June 16 2011 05:47 GMT
#82


Wow, what a retard.
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
June 16 2011 05:48 GMT
#83
On June 16 2011 14:43 Highwinds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 14:39 Demonace34 wrote:
If MMA loses on Friday I'm lighting my neighbors cars and house on fire! Honestly though, people rioting to riot is just funny. I feel sad for those police officers that have to go back to the station in another officers car and tell the boss their car is on fire.



You don't understand. Hockey is Canada's sport. over 16 million people viewed it, and our population isn't massive. I'm not endorsing the actions of the rioters, but you will never understand the Canadian's passion for Hockey. From the day a Canadian is born, Hockey is in your blood.


Yeah, I guess I just see these sports as games. Even if I am overly passionate about something, it doesn't make sense to riot over it. I just hope my team plays better next year no matter how heartbroken I am.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
RBKeys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada196 Posts
June 16 2011 05:49 GMT
#84
Don't be embarrassed to call yourself a Canadian -- these idiots don't represent us.
Thanks for the break :D
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
June 16 2011 05:49 GMT
#85
On June 16 2011 14:44 yrba1 wrote:
And I thought Raider fans in Oakland were crazy. Pretty ironic too seeing that hockey is Canada's sport and they lost lopsidedly to an American teamAmerican team with 16 out of 20 players being Canadian.


Fixed that for you.

^_^

But yeah, 16 million unique viewers from TV alone (disregarding live streams and multiple viewers per household) in a country with approximatly 36 million people in it is a ridiculous number. Hockey truely is embedded in our culture.
nimbus99
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada194 Posts
June 16 2011 05:49 GMT
#86
i was just down there.

i left with 5 minutes left in the third (took the sea bus across the water)

im in disbelief.
Hail to the Emperor of Terran
tarpman
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada723 Posts
June 16 2011 05:51 GMT
#87
I can't believe this. I'm especially disgusted by the reports I've heard of people bringing weapons to the game, implying that they were planning violence. Looting, too! I honestly thought we were better than this. I know that it's a small proportion of the size of the audience, but I really was expecting it to be a small enough portion that nothing significant would happen. This is ridiculous!
Saving the world, one kilobyte at a time.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
June 16 2011 05:53 GMT
#88
I didn't know hockey was this big of a deal in Canada...
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Dukat
Profile Joined April 2009
United States235 Posts
June 16 2011 05:53 GMT
#89
On June 16 2011 14:49 nimbus99 wrote:
i was just down there.

i left with 5 minutes left in the third (took the sea bus across the water)

im in disbelief.


From about when a friend of mine starting showing pictures, you got out just before the first car was flipped.
Cow
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1104 Posts
June 16 2011 05:54 GMT
#90
And this is why I decided not to go downtown to watch the game today. This was going to happen win or lose. It's idiotic, unfortunate, and an embarrassment to our fantastic city.
R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Zirith
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada403 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 05:55:35
June 16 2011 05:54 GMT
#91
On June 16 2011 14:44 yrba1 wrote:
And I thought Raider fans in Oakland were crazy. Pretty ironic too seeing that hockey is Canada's sport and they lost lopsidedly to an American team.


Bud, the Bruins have almost all Canadian players : http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm?type=roster

17 Canadians, 3 Americans, 3-5 others.

The Canucks Roster: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

17 Canadians, 5 Americans, and a bunch of swedes and others.

In Short 85%+ of the people in the finals were Canadian.

Also the majority of American posts in this thread have been complete trash with almost no intellectual backing, and a considerable number of generalizations.
Artosis: "I don't trust hyenas."
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
June 16 2011 05:55 GMT
#92
I wonder what'd happened if they closed the nhl
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
June 16 2011 05:55 GMT
#93
Fuckin crazy. I'm so glad I talked my girlfriend out of going downtown tonight...

The worst part is I 100% expected this if we lost.
FlyingSheeps
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada204 Posts
June 16 2011 05:55 GMT
#94
I can't wait for the "Police abused their power" crap next week.
Highwinds
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada955 Posts
June 16 2011 05:56 GMT
#95
On June 16 2011 14:55 Zidane wrote:
I wonder what'd happened if they closed the nhl


They did close it for a year once. Then the next year their viewership increased something like 20%.
Yes It's a Good Day. 저는 아이유 사랑해요!
Highwinds
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada955 Posts
June 16 2011 05:58 GMT
#96
omfg that stream "This is fucked" good call Canuck fan
Yes It's a Good Day. 저는 아이유 사랑해요!
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
June 16 2011 05:58 GMT
#97
On June 16 2011 14:55 FlyingSheeps wrote:
I can't wait for the "Police abused their power" crap next week.



fucking hippies probably will be saying that, i saw a cop using his club, and im sure some mom was like oh my god hes trying to kill that poor rioter!!!
¯\_(☺)_/¯
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
June 16 2011 05:59 GMT
#98
On June 16 2011 14:56 Highwinds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 14:55 Zidane wrote:
I wonder what'd happened if they closed the nhl


They did close it for a year once. Then the next year their viewership increased something like 20%.

Thats when all the Gary Bettman bs came to be.
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
June 16 2011 06:00 GMT
#99
I had to ride my bike fast out of that hell hole. My girlfriend is at a friends downtown and is not coming home tonight, cuz the streets are blocked off and there is no transit right now. -____-
So stupid.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
June 16 2011 06:01 GMT
#100
Still nothing compared to Euro soccer crazies.

Living in Boston and the revelers in the street are pretty crazy too.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft465
RuFF_SC2 203
ViBE105
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3411
GuemChi 1015
Leta 111
Terrorterran 86
Bale 39
NaDa 32
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox904
Mew2King34
Other Games
summit1g7391
JimRising 592
C9.Mang0286
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick749
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Shiphtur512
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 52m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.