• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:34
CEST 12:34
KST 19:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8962 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 152

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 244 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 15 2012 04:02 GMT
#3021
On March 14 2012 11:00 RawrAnOcean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 08:17 nosliw wrote:
Although I am not a headphone enthusiast, I am still interested in low-price earphones. Is there a thread for low range (<$30) earphones/headphones?

My current earphone is a fusion of two half-dead earphones. I actually soldered the two together.


If you want low priced earphones, I recommend the MEElectronics M9 or M6. I use them to work out and am very surprised at how good they sound. They go on sale often for 10 bucks otherwise you shouldn't have to pay more than 20 for them.


I ordered a pair of M9s but only used them a couple times in the gym. The high ends were just too shitty so i gave em to a friend and now i use a pair of sennheiser cx200s that i much prefer the sound of.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 15 2012 04:17 GMT
#3022
what phonaks are those?
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 15 2012 22:57 GMT
#3023
Perfect bass with grey filters. So essentially they are PFE's. I didnt get any addons for them like mic/volume control.
© Current year.
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
March 15 2012 23:02 GMT
#3024
astro a40 wireless w/ mix amp for gaming and cx-300 ii for listening to music
IM & EG supporter
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 16 2012 02:26 GMT
#3025
i know they're pfe's which series is that i meant
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 16 2012 06:16 GMT
#3026
012
© Current year.
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
March 16 2012 07:57 GMT
#3027
On March 15 2012 12:51 CorsairHero wrote:
Budget/Mid-fi system is complete! Took about 6 months, but it was fun doing all the research/reading reviews.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Is that the HE-300? How is the sound with the Audinst?
KapsyL
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden704 Posts
March 16 2012 08:05 GMT
#3028
Siberia v2.
Jurg Jurg Jurg
Lomm
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden33 Posts
March 16 2012 08:36 GMT
#3029
Sorry if I've been too lazy to search, but has anyone tried out Chambers by RZA?
Google before you tweet is the new think before you speak
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 16 2012 08:55 GMT
#3030
They're made by WESC, which is a lifestyle brand. Having heard some other wesc models, I'd steer clear of them unless you only want good looks and poor sound from your headphones.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
SpaceFighting
Profile Joined January 2010
New Zealand690 Posts
March 16 2012 08:57 GMT
#3031
beats.. yeah sure overrated and a waste of money, but it comes with in built SWAGGG
kuz pro
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 16 2012 09:05 GMT
#3032
Why use headphones as swag, when you can buy a freaking blazer that gives so much more swag.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Lomm
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden33 Posts
March 16 2012 09:17 GMT
#3033
Yeah that's whats alarming WESC production, but you still wanna believe that when some great producer like the RZA stands behind the phones, it actually does sound good.
Google before you tweet is the new think before you speak
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
March 16 2012 22:59 GMT
#3034
If anyone believes that you can power headphones above a certain impedance or certain set of requirements solely through a computer sound card whether made by Asus or otherwise. You are foolish.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 00:19:26
March 17 2012 00:05 GMT
#3035
Thanks for the tip.


On March 16 2012 16:57 uriel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 12:51 CorsairHero wrote:
Budget/Mid-fi system is complete! Took about 6 months, but it was fun doing all the research/reading reviews.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Is that the HE-300? How is the sound with the Audinst?

The Audinst can definitely power the he-300's and even my cellphone can get them to be quite loud. I found my HE-300 to sound best to me when i was trying out different cans such as the HD650, AKG Q701, DT990 and Sr-80

I keep the volume at around 9 to 12:00 when listening to music and above that, its way too loud. In comparison, I had to max out the volume for the Q701's (using low gain)
© Current year.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 00:15:45
March 17 2012 00:13 GMT
#3036
On March 17 2012 07:59 kineSiS- wrote:
If anyone believes that you can power headphones above a certain impedance or certain set of requirements solely through a computer sound card whether made by Asus or otherwise. You are foolish.


Could you check the complete rubbish outside of these forums?

Unless by "certain set of requirements" you mean something like those of AKG K1000...or maybe some sets with impedances well above 600 ohms and/or low sensitivity, like maybe some from WWII, or otherwise models that are out of production? Why even bring up impedance and not sensitivity (which is more relevant), unless you just want to look foolish yourself?

All the types like Sennheiser HD 600/650/800, Beyerdynamic T1 / 770/880/990 of all impedances, Audeze LCD-2/3, most HiFiMAN planars, etc. are plenty fine on some (non-custom, consumer) sound cards.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 17 2012 00:29 GMT
#3037
even the HD650? I've never heard it with a high quality amp so I can't comment on how different the sound is. But the rest of those on the list seem fine being powered with a sound card with the exception of the HE-6 which you've pointed out.
© Current year.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 00:45:02
March 17 2012 00:41 GMT
#3038
HD 650 should be mostly easy to drive and has pretty low requirements. Because of the middling sensitivity (103 dB SPL / 1V listed, so about 98 dB SPL / 1 mW) and high impedance (300 ohms nominal, but it's higher at some frequencies), it requires a pretty small amount of current, so even relatively poor amps can drive it decently, better than they can for most other headphones. However, most people would say the HD 650 should be more revealing than many other headphones, so a decent amplifier may still be warranted.

The only issue is that the middling sensitivity and high impedance mean that HD 650 needs a bit above 2V to play very loud, like 110 dB SPL. Most sources are limited to 1V or so, some portable sources maybe more like 0.5V.

Some sound cards that advertise having a dedicated headphone amp may have something like 3V or higher max output. Xonar ST/STX goes to 7V.

By comparison, the Beyerdynamic 600 ohms models need significantly more voltage for the same volume, and the planar magnetics mentioned need a whole lot more current (and depending on the model, somewhat similar voltage or maybe even more).

If you don't listen that loud or listen to music that's mastered loud, then 2-3V is probably excessive, so the requirements are less.

edit: as for a lot of people saying they need some kind of high-end exotic amplification or something "to do them justice" (whatever that means)...there's also a lot of people saying they need aftermarket cables to sound their best. I can't say for certain, but It's probably just a perception not much grounded in reality.
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 17 2012 04:05 GMT
#3039
On March 16 2012 18:17 Lomm wrote:
Yeah that's whats alarming WESC production, but you still wanna believe that when some great producer like the RZA stands behind the phones, it actually does sound good.


you'd think so, but looking at the beats that are backed by DRE of all people, it should be spectacular too. =(
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 20:00:56
March 21 2012 19:56 GMT
#3040
Considering how much music I listen to, I'm astounded that I don't have a good set of headphones. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a standalone mic for my PC and a good set of headphones for music and whatever.

(other people are asking in here, so I'll go with it).

So I'm looking at a good quality set of headphones that enclose the ear. I mostly listen to a lot of heavily layered and fast metal music and some simple jazz and hip-hop. I want to have the bass (the instrument) hearable but have the drums low (pitch wise) and thunderous. Then have wall of sound style music be pieceable yet still strong. If possible soaring sections would sounds orgasmic. I imagine background noises like synths and that will just be more apparant with a good set of headphones so I don't really know if it's a big deal to ask for.

Then for jazzy stuff I just want a clear and wholesome sound.

I have no idea what sort of magic headphones can make but I thought I'd just sorta post about what I'd ideally go for. For gaming, I'd probably just swap in my current headset but honestly, I don't care if the headphones aren't great for game audio so that doesn't need to be considered.

As for price, surprise me.

Edit: I guess this is important, I normally listen to CDs and plan on getting a proper CD setup sometime soon.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9701
StarCastTV_EN289
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10896
Bisu 3034
Jaedong 2618
EffOrt 1034
Horang2 365
ZerO 322
Larva 262
Pusan 234
Zeus 232
actioN 137
[ Show more ]
Mind 129
Hyun 117
Barracks 77
ggaemo 69
Killer 46
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 41
Sharp 36
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 27
Sacsri 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Shinee 19
Noble 9
Terrorterran 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto72
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1685
byalli113
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
ceh9646
crisheroes219
Sick170
Pyrionflax163
dupreeh114
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 9
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
• WagamamaTV241
League of Legends
• Jankos1081
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 26m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.