• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8417 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 151

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 244 Next
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
March 13 2012 19:28 GMT
#3001
On March 03 2012 06:33 Genome852 wrote:
My roommate wants to get Bose headphones despite me telling him to do some research about headphones and to read some opinions from audiophiles. General consensus among audiophiles is that Bose is awful value for the amount you pay... you can get far better headphones in the same price ranges.

But, nope, he says they're all wrong and he's gotta get the Bose because it's Bose. Pretty annoying actually. Who needs to do a little googling before buying a $300 pair of headphones, right?

...


Around that price range if he got the Bose QC15 it's not so bad. One of the better active noise cancelling headphones imo. Anyways, I just blew about the same amount of money on some Denon D2000. Haven't had a chance to listen to them much yet, but so far pretty happy with my purchase. Only thing I can say is didn't expect them to be so comfy.
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
March 13 2012 23:17 GMT
#3002
Although I am not a headphone enthusiast, I am still interested in low-price earphones. Is there a thread for low range (<$30) earphones/headphones?

My current earphone is a fusion of two half-dead earphones. I actually soldered the two together.
[image loading]
TuElite
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2123 Posts
March 13 2012 23:19 GMT
#3003
Quality is so addicting... Like nowadays I can't watch any form of video that's not 1080p, I just can't.

And I'm now considering dropping 700$ on a pair of headphones...
Always Smile - Jung Nicole - Follow Nicole on Twitter @_911007 and me @TuElite
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
March 13 2012 23:21 GMT
#3004
I was wondering if you guys had suggestions for good running headbuds? I've never had headbuds live for more than 3 months, and I run 3-4 times a week for a fairly long, hilly distance and its just annoying that these things constantly break.
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
March 14 2012 02:00 GMT
#3005
On March 14 2012 08:17 nosliw wrote:
Although I am not a headphone enthusiast, I am still interested in low-price earphones. Is there a thread for low range (<$30) earphones/headphones?

My current earphone is a fusion of two half-dead earphones. I actually soldered the two together.


If you want low priced earphones, I recommend the MEElectronics M9 or M6. I use them to work out and am very surprised at how good they sound. They go on sale often for 10 bucks otherwise you shouldn't have to pay more than 20 for them.
remedium
Profile Joined July 2011
United States939 Posts
March 14 2012 05:44 GMT
#3006
Hi, I have had three pairs of Skull Candy headphones (the $20 ones). The first pair lasted a long time, the second maybe a month, and the third (bought two days ago) are now broken.

I'm somewhat doubtful that two pairs can fail me in a period of three days simply because they are relatively low quality...is there a chance that my computers and/or ipod are doing something awful to my headphones?

I have been debating buying a nicer pair of headphones but I don't want them to get annihilated by some demon computer.
Stay positive!
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
March 14 2012 06:04 GMT
#3007
When I didn't know better and used a pair of skullcandy lowriders, they randomly snapped at the part that extends one day. My brother sat on his and his snapped as well.

Quality defs isn't great. It's the headphones, not your computer/iPod.
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 14 2012 06:15 GMT
#3008
On March 14 2012 14:44 remedium wrote:
Hi, I have had three pairs of Skull Candy headphones (the $20 ones). The first pair lasted a long time, the second maybe a month, and the third (bought two days ago) are now broken.

I'm somewhat doubtful that two pairs can fail me in a period of three days simply because they are relatively low quality...is there a chance that my computers and/or ipod are doing something awful to my headphones?

I have been debating buying a nicer pair of headphones but I don't want them to get annihilated by some demon computer.



skullcandy is just generally bad fullstop. The only headphones they make that are even worth considering are the aviators.

Rather than dropping $20 on shitty headphones, save up till you have $100-150 and get yourself something actually decent.

By decent I mean not sennheiser and beats. Do some research. And your computer/iPod can't stuff up your headphones.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 14 2012 06:16 GMT
#3009
On March 14 2012 08:21 Sub40APM wrote:
I was wondering if you guys had suggestions for good running headbuds? I've never had headbuds live for more than 3 months, and I run 3-4 times a week for a fairly long, hilly distance and its just annoying that these things constantly break.


whats you're budget? For anything under $60 your best bet would be meelectronics, if you can go to around $100 go for Atrio's.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
m4gdelen4
Profile Joined October 2008
United States416 Posts
March 14 2012 06:16 GMT
#3010
On March 14 2012 15:15 Ckalvin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 14:44 remedium wrote:
Hi, I have had three pairs of Skull Candy headphones (the $20 ones). The first pair lasted a long time, the second maybe a month, and the third (bought two days ago) are now broken.

I'm somewhat doubtful that two pairs can fail me in a period of three days simply because they are relatively low quality...is there a chance that my computers and/or ipod are doing something awful to my headphones?

I have been debating buying a nicer pair of headphones but I don't want them to get annihilated by some demon computer.



skullcandy is just generally bad fullstop. The only headphones they make that are even worth considering are the aviators.

Rather than dropping $20 on shitty headphones, save up till you have $100-150 and get yourself something actually decent.

By decent I mean not sennheiser and beats. Do some research. And your computer/iPod can't stuff up your headphones.


whats wrong with Sennheiser?
it does to blue what blue does to you
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
March 14 2012 06:29 GMT
#3011
On March 14 2012 04:28 RawrAnOcean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 06:33 Genome852 wrote:
My roommate wants to get Bose headphones despite me telling him to do some research about headphones and to read some opinions from audiophiles. General consensus among audiophiles is that Bose is awful value for the amount you pay... you can get far better headphones in the same price ranges.

But, nope, he says they're all wrong and he's gotta get the Bose because it's Bose. Pretty annoying actually. Who needs to do a little googling before buying a $300 pair of headphones, right?

...


Around that price range if he got the Bose QC15 it's not so bad. One of the better active noise cancelling headphones imo. Anyways, I just blew about the same amount of money on some Denon D2000. Haven't had a chance to listen to them much yet, but so far pretty happy with my purchase. Only thing I can say is didn't expect them to be so comfy.


Say what you want about Bose but they know how to make good noise cancelling headphones, the type you're going to wear for long periods of time. Extremely comfortable, decent sound quality, and good active noise cancellation.

People like to shit on Bose but they're a lifestyle brand. For lifestyle purposes, like speakers that need to be pushed to play at 120db or on airplanes, they're going to be pretty darn good.
anguyenm
Profile Joined January 2012
United States47 Posts
March 14 2012 06:32 GMT
#3012
You can buy a $40 pair of Razer Electra from amazon

Fits snuggly for me and I recommend it greatly!
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 14 2012 06:35 GMT
#3013
On March 14 2012 15:16 m4gdelen4 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 15:15 Ckalvin wrote:
On March 14 2012 14:44 remedium wrote:
Hi, I have had three pairs of Skull Candy headphones (the $20 ones). The first pair lasted a long time, the second maybe a month, and the third (bought two days ago) are now broken.

I'm somewhat doubtful that two pairs can fail me in a period of three days simply because they are relatively low quality...is there a chance that my computers and/or ipod are doing something awful to my headphones?

I have been debating buying a nicer pair of headphones but I don't want them to get annihilated by some demon computer.



skullcandy is just generally bad fullstop. The only headphones they make that are even worth considering are the aviators.

Rather than dropping $20 on shitty headphones, save up till you have $100-150 and get yourself something actually decent.

By decent I mean not sennheiser and beats. Do some research. And your computer/iPod can't stuff up your headphones.


whats wrong with Sennheiser?



majority of sennheiser is terribly overpriced with some exceptions. Apart from some of the HD5-- series HD25's.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
iMYoonA
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia462 Posts
March 14 2012 07:58 GMT
#3014
This whole thread boils down to one concept:

If you are new to audio equipment and want good sounding headphones for home use:

AD700s.

*yoona | taeyeon | jiyeon | na eun | cho rong | IU | nana | suzy | yejin*
MaestrO_
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States591 Posts
March 14 2012 08:01 GMT
#3015
Bought these bad boys earlier last week

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Driver-Earphones-Removable-Cable/dp/B0064ACZ9O

love these so far, will edit my post with a proper review when its not 1:00am
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 14 2012 18:18 GMT
#3016
On March 14 2012 16:58 iMYoonA wrote:
This whole thread boils down to one concept:

If you are new to audio equipment and want good sounding headphones for home use:

AD700s.


home use is not the only focus of this thread and it all depends on budget/needs
© Current year.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
March 14 2012 18:22 GMT
#3017
TBH I think AD700 is not a great "default" suggestion even for home use, since many people are expecting more bass, and the ergonomics are liked by many but don't really work with plenty of people.
HuggyBear
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia377 Posts
March 14 2012 22:04 GMT
#3018
On March 15 2012 03:22 Myrmidon wrote:
TBH I think AD700 is not a great "default" suggestion even for home use, since many people are expecting more bass, and the ergonomics are liked by many but don't really work with plenty of people.


Well, ATH is starting to revamp their whole line and I've been hearing good things about the TAD500. Might be able give more oomph than the AD700's
"Sleeping with SeLeCT is Standard. Once you've slept with Day9 everything else is just ..." - CatZ
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
March 15 2012 00:01 GMT
#3019
Yea, if you're a person who likes bass, AD700 isn't great. Luckily I'm not big into bass
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 15 2012 03:51 GMT
#3020
Budget/Mid-fi system is complete! Took about 6 months, but it was fun doing all the research/reading reviews.
[image loading]
© Current year.
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 253
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
NotJumperer 11
Noble 11
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 652
Other Games
summit1g10849
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick793
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1237
• Lourlo1110
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 24m
Replay Cast
16h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.