• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:19
CEST 06:19
KST 13:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8269 users

The Big Programming Thread - Page 675

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 673 674 675 676 677 1032 Next
Thread Rules
1. This is not a "do my homework for me" thread. If you have specific questions, ask, but don't post an assignment or homework problem and expect an exact solution.
2. No recruiting for your cockamamie projects (you won't replace facebook with 3 dudes you found on the internet and $20)
3. If you can't articulate why a language is bad, don't start slinging shit about it. Just remember that nothing is worse than making CSS IE6 compatible.
4. Use [code] tags to format code blocks.
Furikawari
Profile Joined February 2014
France2522 Posts
November 05 2015 13:06 GMT
#13481
SwearengenCD

Dunno why but it made my day :D
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 10:04:30
November 06 2015 07:29 GMT
#13482
I've run into curious problem. PHP webpage. Works on Linux, doesn't work on Windows (localhost). Neither Apache, nor PHP error logs show anything (Apache complains about some ssl certificates on www.example.com, which is only present in the test and help files so that's not it). Browser only shows "Connection reset".

The funny thing is. It works fine under Windows when run on built-in PHP server, which leads me to believe that it's a problem with Apache.

Curious indeed and I can't track it down. Have any of you run into anything like that before?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
November 06 2015 12:11 GMT
#13483
What doesn't work about it?
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
November 06 2015 12:32 GMT
#13484
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
November 06 2015 13:00 GMT
#13485
On November 06 2015 21:11 tofucake wrote:
What doesn't work about it?


I don't really know. The project simply won't run on localhost on Windows. No errors are generated, the browser displays "Connection reset" error and that's it. It works flawlessly on built-in PHP web server but not via XAMPP...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
November 06 2015 14:38 GMT
#13486
try changing the port apache is running on?
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 06 2015 20:43 GMT
#13487
I am confused on how you should structure your scripts together. We have a bunch of python scripts that edit pdfs together. I was thinking of combining them into one python file to reduce clutter, but it's making that file too large. How do you manage the clutter?
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Cynry
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
810 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 21:15:55
November 06 2015 21:06 GMT
#13488
On November 06 2015 16:29 Manit0u wrote:
I've run into curious problem. PHP webpage. Works on Linux, doesn't work on Windows (localhost). Neither Apache, nor PHP error logs show anything (Apache complains about some ssl certificates on www.example.com, which is only present in the test and help files so that's not it). Browser only shows "Connection reset".

The funny thing is. It works fine under Windows when run on built-in PHP server, which leads me to believe that it's a problem with Apache.

Curious indeed and I can't track it down. Have any of you run into anything like that before?


Read some stuff about unicode issues with windows recently, but it was an old topic and may not apply to your problem. Still worth a try, what's your UTF of choice ?

Edit : Yeah, just checked, probably totally unrelated, the guy posting this issue had his code displayed on page, but not executed...
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 21:08:40
November 06 2015 21:07 GMT
#13489
On November 07 2015 05:43 WarSame wrote:
I am confused on how you should structure your scripts together. We have a bunch of python scripts that edit pdfs together. I was thinking of combining them into one python file to reduce clutter, but it's making that file too large. How do you manage the clutter?


Depends on how your methods are structured. You could group them by function (generators, exporters, parsers etc.) and go this way. Then you can create few files, each having a group of methods (generatorService, exportService, parsingService and so on). This should reduce clutter and provide easy way to find what you need later on.

On November 07 2015 06:06 Cynry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 16:29 Manit0u wrote:
I've run into curious problem. PHP webpage. Works on Linux, doesn't work on Windows (localhost). Neither Apache, nor PHP error logs show anything (Apache complains about some ssl certificates on www.example.com, which is only present in the test and help files so that's not it). Browser only shows "Connection reset".

The funny thing is. It works fine under Windows when run on built-in PHP server, which leads me to believe that it's a problem with Apache.

Curious indeed and I can't track it down. Have any of you run into anything like that before?


Read some stuff about unicode issues with windows recently, but it was an old topic and may not apply to your problem. Still worth a try, what's your UTF of choice ?


UTF-8. Will try switching up the ports and some other stuff tomorrow.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Cynry
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
810 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 21:40:32
November 06 2015 21:22 GMT
#13490
Which version of PHP/Apache are you using ? Nothing better to do while I wait for hero to get crushed, so might as well try to help...

Add the following to the end of httpd.conf to increase the Apache stack size to 8MB.

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
ThreadStackSize 8388608
</IfModule>


Found that in a bunch of different topics
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-07 11:50:55
November 07 2015 01:36 GMT
#13491
On November 07 2015 06:22 Cynry wrote:
Which version of PHP/Apache are you using ? Nothing better to do while I wait for hero to get crushed, so might as well try to help...

Show nested quote +
Add the following to the end of httpd.conf to increase the Apache stack size to 8MB.

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
ThreadStackSize 8388608
</IfModule>


Found that in a bunch of different topics


PHP 5.6.14, Apache 2.4.17. And before you ask, my PHP memory limit is set to 2GB

Edit: Increasing the stack size worked. Thanks a ton!
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
November 08 2015 15:19 GMT
#13492
Heh, for the first time in my life I became an Open Source contributor.

https://github.com/Sylius/Sylius/pull/3541

Never before has committing 3 lines of code been so profound for me
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
AKnopf
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany259 Posts
November 08 2015 15:34 GMT
#13493
Congratz man. Way to go!

*Proudly pins batch to shoulder*

(And just in case any cynical internet person thinks I was ironic: I was not)
The world - its a funny place
Artesimo
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany627 Posts
November 08 2015 19:30 GMT
#13494
Have some problems with java. I want to fill an vector with a certain number of objects:

private Vector <Register> register;

for(int i = 0; i < registerAnzahl;i++)
{
this.register.add(new Register());
}

Seems fine to me, but I get the following error: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException". Class "Register" doesn't have any custom constructors so I assume I can't just create a new object and assign it to an vector like this in java?
bioboyAT
Profile Joined July 2004
Austria1765 Posts
November 08 2015 19:38 GMT
#13495
Could it be that there is no empty default constructer?
Milchmann | DeadVessel: Milchmann pwns. I fail.
Artesimo
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany627 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 19:46:43
November 08 2015 19:42 GMT
#13496
On November 09 2015 04:38 bioboyAT wrote:
Could it be that there is no empty default constructer?


Still same error. Do I always have to define my own constructor in java, even though it is just the default one?

EDIT:

private Vector <Register> register = new Vector<Register>();

fixed it.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
November 08 2015 21:09 GMT
#13497
On November 09 2015 04:42 Artesimo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 04:38 bioboyAT wrote:
Could it be that there is no empty default constructer?


Still same error. Do I always have to define my own constructor in java, even though it is just the default one?

EDIT:

private Vector <Register> register = new Vector<Register>();

fixed it.

I was about to say...

Calling the constructor will never ever ever give a nullpointer exception (well, it might give a nullpointer exception INSIDE the constructor, but that is a different story). Also, the parameterless constructor always exists (in Java). If you don't define it, it is inherited from Object.

Artesimo
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany627 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 21:57:55
November 08 2015 21:47 GMT
#13498
On November 09 2015 06:09 Acrofales wrote:
I was about to say...

Calling the constructor will never ever ever give a nullpointer exception (well, it might give a nullpointer exception INSIDE the constructor, but that is a different story). Also, the parameterless constructor always exists (in Java). If you don't define it, it is inherited from Object.


To me it was clear that the constructor had nothing to do with it, I was asking in general as I already assumed what you said but wasn't sure(and was thinking about the mistake above to hard to just simply test it lol).

Now I struggle with reading in a file.


public void readFile()
{
String fileName = "test.txt";
String line = null;
try {
FileReader fileReader = new FileReader(fileName);
BufferedReader bufferedReader = new BufferedReader(fileReader);

while((line = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null)
{
System.out.println(line);
}
bufferedReader.close();
}
catch(FileNotFoundException ex) {
System.out.println(
"Unable to open file '" +
fileName + "'");
}
catch(IOException ex) {
System.out.println(
"Error reading file '"
+ fileName + "'");
// Or we could just do this:
// ex.printStackTrace();

}


Even though my file is in the same directory as my .java programm, it I get "Unable to open file". File name is correct, when entering a wrong one the correct exception gets thrown.

EDIT: might already have a solution. seems like I need to get the absolut path for NetBeans.

Yup, NetBeans is a bitch
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 05:25:46
November 09 2015 04:36 GMT
#13499
Hey folks, I would like some help with a Python problem I'm working on for fun. I'm flat out stuck. The challenge is here. My thinking has been to DFS down to the bottom ASAP. Whenever a chain hits the bottom allowed number, I back up the chain by one element and try the next chain. So if the chain is -2 -> -2 -> -2 and that hits bottom, the next chain is -2 -> -2 -> -1 then -2 -> -2 -> 1, etc. I seem to be on the right path, but I'm having trouble working out the bugs.

The code is located here.

I've been testing it with small numbers. With 5 as the input, it gets stuck in a loop of 4 -> 2 -> 4 -> 2. I'm not 100 sure how to resolve this. I was thinking a memoization table could be useful? If it sees that the current value and the current sum of the chain is in the table then it automatically returns a failure, because that chain has already been done. Does this seem like a good idea?

There is a lot of stuff here that I am very unsure of, and y'all have been very helpful when I have general questions like this. If there is a smarter way to do it, please let me know. If memoization tables don't work I would love an explanation why - I'm doing this to learn.

EDIT: Okay, turns out that was WAYYYYY easier than anticipated, and resolved my problem. All I did was add a dict. Every time you check a total/sum pair, check if it's in the table. If it is already, then you've already checked those values and they must not work, so return a failure. The code is here.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 09:33:54
November 09 2015 09:32 GMT
#13500
Pretty cool. First one was easy enough:


$num = 929;
$steps = [];

while ($num > 1) {
switch ($num % 3) {
case 1:
$num = $num - 1;
$steps[] = -1;
break;
case 2:
$num = $num + 1;
$steps[] = 1;
break;
default:
$num = $num / 3;
$steps[] = 0;
break;
}
}

$steps[] = 1;

print_r($steps);
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 673 674 675 676 677 1032 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King110
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1376
BasetradeTV268
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush915
• Lourlo711
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 41m
INu's Battles
7h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
Replay Cast
18h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.