• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:24
CEST 23:24
KST 06:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13937 users

Advice you would give your highschool self - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
March 25 2010 20:58 GMT
#161
dump that bitch RIGHT NOW
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
March 25 2010 21:00 GMT
#162
bathe regularly.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
March 25 2010 21:02 GMT
#163
On March 26 2010 01:33 lgd-haze wrote:
Don't take her for granted, other girls aren't like her.

Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 01:27 RoosterSamurai wrote:
1) Save your money and don't spend it on stupid crap.
2) Don't commit suicide.

I wish I could tell myself these two.


Are you speaking from heaven? O_O

No, I am not.. =(
ReTr0[p.S]
Profile Joined March 2005
Argentina1590 Posts
March 25 2010 21:07 GMT
#164
I would say learn something you can do for yourself that will make you money, don't rely on studying alone because it probably wont help you much. I say this because I used to love doing graphic design when I was in high school and now I have my own web design company, while others are still trying to figure out wtf to do with their careers.

And fuck yes, playing SC makes you awesome in the office when compared to other people, you are like the only one that has 300 apms and move like a flash with hotkeying stuff on excel. You leave everyone else like "omg he's fast", AND you finish your job early and can do whatever you want with your time (as long as they dont see you lol)
eyeballball3
Profile Joined January 2008
United States93 Posts
March 25 2010 21:08 GMT
#165
keep in contact with your high school friends when you go to college
11709394
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada13 Posts
March 26 2010 02:19 GMT
#166
oooh this thread got more replies than i hoped it would. thanks everyone who contribute, i'm sure everyone here had some stuff they looked back on and went "aaah sounds like me"
SleepSheep
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada344 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-26 22:41:58
March 26 2010 02:23 GMT
#167
try
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
March 26 2010 02:26 GMT
#168
Go to parties, ask girls out, do the things that scare you the most, never ever be afraid to fail, keep on trying and love the people in your life, they're only there for so long.
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
fulmetljaket
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
482 Posts
March 26 2010 02:28 GMT
#169
id be all like.

"yo dawg, ..."

[less QQ moar PEWPEW]
"Hunter Seeker Missile Is Gay, Just Like You." - Anon @ US
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
March 26 2010 02:34 GMT
#170
On March 25 2010 18:07 Jaime Raine wrote:
Oh yeah, another thing - work out as much as possible and get all the chicks, so that when you're 50 your only regret would be some vague thing that nobody actually gives a damme about.




Damn this is good shit
Im back, in pog form!
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
March 26 2010 02:37 GMT
#171
Actually the best advice i could have given to me (and today too) would be:

Life is too precious and beautiful to be taken seriously, just enjoy every second of it.
Im back, in pog form!
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 02:43:43
March 26 2010 02:42 GMT
#172
Well, I'm a senior in igh school now, but....

1) Run more man. You coulda been much better at cross country and especially track right now. Don't get lazy in the winter. You could have been legitly quite good.
2) HOLY CRAP wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf are you doing with girls man? Like, wtf? What were you doing? Way to get dumped by your girlfriend man. And then talking to like, 2 girls ever. I mean, TALK to people. Holy crap man.
3) Start iccup ninth grade....goggogogogogogogo.....but being on the computer all the time without being with friends and loving starcraft more than social circles is also probably what made you so retarded with 2 so....

Basic advice: Either to go get good at SC or to actually get good at socialising. Either choice woulda been fine, but do one of them. Don't be mediocre at both.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
GunSlinger
Profile Joined June 2006
614 Posts
March 26 2010 03:10 GMT
#173
Regrets are pointless. Live your life without worrying about what you could have done, and just do it. Until someone invents a time machine this thread is also, pointless.
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
March 27 2010 21:14 GMT
#174
On March 26 2010 12:10 GunSlinger wrote:
Regrets are pointless. Live your life without worrying about what you could have done, and just do it. Until someone invents a time machine this thread is also, pointless.

Maybe thinking about the advice you would give your high school self might prompt people to consider what advice their future selves would give to them in the present?
Maybe that might actually be quite useful?
Maybe a lot of things like SCBW are pointless? What, but you enjoy SCBW?
MAYBE SOME PEOPLE ENJOY THIS THREAD.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
sLiMpoweR
Profile Joined March 2009
United States430 Posts
March 27 2010 21:19 GMT
#175
dont smoke crack
Team aMg
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-27 21:25:43
March 27 2010 21:21 GMT
#176
On March 25 2010 05:03 phyre112 wrote:
1) Get out more. Whatever you're going to be doing tonight may seem fun in the short run, but eventually it's going to be more fun to be doing it with a larger group of people. You can always come back to "alone time" but it's much harder to progress the other way.

2) Get your shit done on time. You're going to do it anyway, so it's a matter of learning things and doing them for full credit, or cramming things and turning them in late. Especially important in math, where concepts build on each other. (lol still don't know my unit circle and in calc 2. FML)

3) Get your ass in the weight room. Helped so much in so many areas of life after a remarkably short amount of time. Plus it's fun.

4) Money is made to be spent, but spend it on things that are going to last you. Nice clothes; furniture; car > Pokemon cards, Sunglasses you will probably lose, Vacation with people you now barely talk to.

Having followed these, I think I would be in a much different situation than I am right now; and I'm only a college Freshman! The worst part is, I really did know the first two; I just never had the determination or the balls to stick with them.


Pretty much this. Except that I think expensive sunglasses are totally worth my money. I wish I hadn't spent so much on clothing and other bullshit recently, tbh. I also think it's easier to develop a social circle once you're out of HS, because HS is so cliquey, and if you aren't immediately accepted you're pretty much fucked.

I would also tell myself to not fuck around for a year and a half working a dead end job, and putting myself two years behind on schooling. At the same time, missing all that stuff is what made me who I am today, and I'm starting to become happier with that person every day, so I really don't know if I would want to change anything that I've done... except for saving more money (Man, I would LOVE to have a nicer car right now, and not worry about acquiring 25k for school).

I would also say this: You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period. -- which is how I'm trying to live life right now. I have a couple of dreams, and I'm moving toward them every day. My dream back then was to be a fighter, and I would have told myself to do whatever it took to become one, because looking back, I wish I wouldn't have wasted so much time not doing this... luckily, I'm still young and I've realized this all before it was too late.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
March 27 2010 21:23 GMT
#177
im in gr 12
looking back i shouldve tried harder in gr9 10 and 11.
Im still going to a great university in canada for something i like but i couldve done a better job

and reading a bunch of this.
i feel smart didnt bother dating people.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-27 21:27:27
March 27 2010 21:26 GMT
#178
On March 28 2010 06:23 Mykill wrote:
im in gr 12
looking back i shouldve tried harder in gr9 10 and 11.
Im still going to a great university in canada for something i like but i couldve done a better job

and reading a bunch of this.
i feel smart didnt bother dating people.


Dude, you missed out. Your first relationship in or out of high school will be much the same. PLUS, girls are looking for more mature guys out of high school, and you're going to be caught up in that "me" mentality, and she'll dump you because you only think of yourself. I've seen that happen SO many times. The thing is, you can't get overly serious about HS relationships.. not having them is as bad as getting too serious, though.. you lack growth either way.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
lowbright
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
308 Posts
March 27 2010 21:43 GMT
#179
On March 28 2010 06:26 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2010 06:23 Mykill wrote:
im in gr 12
looking back i shouldve tried harder in gr9 10 and 11.
Im still going to a great university in canada for something i like but i couldve done a better job

and reading a bunch of this.
i feel smart didnt bother dating people.


Dude, you missed out. Your first relationship in or out of high school will be much the same. PLUS, girls are looking for more mature guys out of high school, and you're going to be caught up in that "me" mentality, and she'll dump you because you only think of yourself. I've seen that happen SO many times. The thing is, you can't get overly serious about HS relationships.. not having them is as bad as getting too serious, though.. you lack growth either way.


Then again, you don't have the problem of "the one that got away".
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #49
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 27 2010 21:46 GMT
#180
1.)
dont go to that History competition...

that's enough
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16312
Calm 1956
Shuttle 337
White-Ra 205
Mini 186
ZZZero.O 140
firebathero 67
soO 14
Sacsri 5
League of Legends
Doublelift1739
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4858
Other Games
summit1g8912
FrodaN2482
Liquid`RaSZi2140
fl0m1239
crisheroes257
Pyrionflax204
ToD191
Livibee187
C9.Mang0180
IndyStarCraft 174
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick971
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
angryscii 29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 37
• Adnapsc2 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Sammyuel 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1507
• Shiphtur763
• WagamamaTV325
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 36m
Replay Cast
1h 36m
OSC
14h 36m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.