• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:55
CEST 23:55
KST 06:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11316 users

What did you accomplish/learn in 2009? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 06 2010 21:39 GMT
#61
I graduated from college with no ambition or motivation. This is OK because I couldn't find a job even if I tried harder. I had a single interview that went well, so here's hoping for 2010.

I spent a lot of time fucked up at the end of my college days, having suffered a bad breakup towards the end of the previous year. Since recovering from this antisocial and self-destructive behavior I have made no progress with social skills or getting out and doing things.

I moved back in with my parents because I have no job.

I'm no longer playing sports that I did at school, and I don't feel motivated to do much of anything. This means I'm way out of shape now.

Not a particularly solid year.
[DUF]MethodMan
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany1716 Posts
January 06 2010 21:51 GMT
#62
realized my relationship after 3,5 years was just shit and my gf a dumb whore and i was being blind.
-> smoked too much weed.
-> became a basement dweller.
-> dropped out of college.
-> fucked up the relationship to my parents.
-> stopped smoking weed.
-> took care about myself again.
-> got into another college.
-> slowly getting my shit together and managing to actually study.
-> starting to learn how to deal with women again after being full of hate for about half a year.
-> started being happy again during the last few weeks of 09.

all in all, prolly the most fucked up year in my whole life. but 2010s gonna be the shit and i know it.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
January 06 2010 22:02 GMT
#63
On January 01 2010 01:33 DownMaxX wrote:
Life lesson:

It's so easy to cruise through your first year of university doing no work or studying, but second year will fucking own you.


if you take noob courses in 2nd year there might not be a big difference but if you take the hardest ones you can then yea, 4 page essays turn into 15 page research papers
KTY
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-06 22:12:10
January 06 2010 22:11 GMT
#64
First of all: Thanks OP! I really really like this thread idea, and even though there is the occasional spam, the replies to it have been interesting and heartening! I can't believe I missed it first time around.
Anyway:

I accomplished...

* I quit WoW
* I got myself perhaps the first long time male friend in 5 years
* I fucked up a girl's crush on me
* I started highschool
* I wrote my first blog, and I really thought it turned out well, even if there were so few people replying to it!
* I joined TeamLiquid (Question is if I'll ever get out of these claws again >.> )
* I got a girlfriend (Which I lost again.)
* I started working out every second day, and thereby gained 5 kilograms (~ten pounds)

I realised...
* A lot, yet nothing about girls
* It takes a special person to be able to talk to me 1 on 1.. Fuck my social skills
* Quitting an MMORPG does not make you any happier or social.
* How to solve a rubik's 3x3x3 cube (Thanks Cube! See you in the BETA)
* That friends don't come by every day. Sticking with the good ones are the way to go for me, because there don't come around that many of them..
* What "apathy" means and learned to appreciate that I don't behave like that
* a lot about psychology and philosophy on a theoretical level.
AKA SuddenSalad
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
January 06 2010 22:15 GMT
#65
Finished university.
There's probly more but fuck it.
Oh no
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
January 06 2010 22:18 GMT
#66
- Did buy a House
- Learn how to cook
- almost qualify in a Golf tournement in quebec.

..
sc: reached D+
n_n
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-06 22:29:02
January 06 2010 22:28 GMT
#67
Circle jerk, rofl

nice one
Chains none
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
January 06 2010 22:30 GMT
#68
On January 01 2010 01:33 DownMaxX wrote:
Life lesson:

It's so easy to cruise through your first year of university doing no work or studying, but second year will fucking own you.

Can't get any more true than this.
LaSt)ChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States2179 Posts
January 06 2010 22:30 GMT
#69
Got promoted again
continued my relationship with my beautiful girlfriend
got a foot into the stock market, made a bit of money from it, and have continued investing
grew a huge beard
built two new PCS
gained and expanded my knowledge of windows server 2008 and windows 7
got a sweet ass (normally $5000) bed!
Alpine
Profile Joined March 2007
United States86 Posts
January 06 2010 22:32 GMT
#70
I learned that while liberal arts majors have tons of fun in college, they cant find jobs afterwards, making the universe balance itself out. Go engineering kids
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
January 06 2010 23:03 GMT
#71
+ Photographed over 60 gamers in individual photo shoots.
+ Completed or began several projects for TL.net.
+ Photographed over 100 individual e-sporting events.
+ Visited Japan for the third time. (and spent all my money again.)
+ Taken up several new crafting hobbies (back to sewing, chocolate making and whipple etc.)
+ Completed several of the drama series I wanted to watch.

I guess I've learned to know my limits and stop pushing myself to the point where my body gives out. I've also begun to learn not to take what people say to heart *too* much, but it's difficult not to.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
drug_vict1m
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
844 Posts
January 06 2010 23:12 GMT
#72
I learned how to stop bragging about my accomplishments and that there so much more to live than some stupid shit like that.
One must feel chaos within, to give birth to a dancing star.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 06 2010 23:12 GMT
#73
On January 07 2010 06:30 Klockan3 wrote:
Just because you have low self esteem doesn't mean that this thread is a bad idea. Communicating what you are happy about is a very healthy thing to do.


The topic just seemed pointless. Do you really need to compare sizes on the internet?
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
sassme
Profile Joined December 2009
56 Posts
January 06 2010 23:23 GMT
#74
On January 07 2010 08:12 Emon_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2010 06:30 Klockan3 wrote:
Just because you have low self esteem doesn't mean that this thread is a bad idea. Communicating what you are happy about is a very healthy thing to do.


The topic just seemed pointless. Do you really need to compare sizes on the internet?


dont be stupid
some people didnt brag at all
i was going to vent here personally before i read your shitty post
now im going to keep it to myself while sending your a wave of hate deforming your karma and future
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
January 06 2010 23:29 GMT
#75
2009 was the worst year of my life.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
January 06 2010 23:35 GMT
#76
1) Wrote a good number of short stories and poems
2) Got a little better at SC
3) Met a totally awesome girl! ^_^
4) Decided I want to be a teacher
5) Won my first Magic The Gathering tournament (it was legacy)
6) Invented Gisby, the most awesome game ever.

Could have been a better year, more writing and less SC probably would have helped, but I think I did alright.
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
January 06 2010 23:45 GMT
#77
On January 07 2010 08:12 drug_vict1m wrote:
I learned how to stop bragging about my accomplishments and that there so much more to live than some stupid shit like that.

I learned that there's nothing more to life than spamming TL threads with stupid denigrating posts.
But why?
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
January 07 2010 00:29 GMT
#78
On January 07 2010 08:12 drug_vict1m wrote:
I learned how to stop bragging about my accomplishments and that there so much more to live than some stupid shit like that.


There's so much more to life than all the good and positive stuff that happens in it. Haha. You're right about that but I don't think a single person who has replied has really bragged. As I said in the OP i think it's a good way to focus on some of the GOOD stuff that has happened to us. I hope next year you come back and realize you're just being a negative nancy.
Chains none
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
January 07 2010 00:38 GMT
#79
my starcraft related acomplishment~
4th place wcg usa finals

^ thats whats up~
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
January 07 2010 00:42 GMT
#80
In 2009

I realized that there is a higher chance of me getting cancer than other people. I will most likely die a lot earlier than most of you.
Peace and love, for ever.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 5m
Replay Cast
1h 5m
OSC
14h 5m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.