• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:55
CEST 23:55
KST 06:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11316 users

What did you accomplish/learn in 2009? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
December 31 2009 23:56 GMT
#41
Outside of academia, I'm pretty sure I didn't learn, or accomplish, anything at all.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
greatmeh
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1964 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-01 00:01:58
January 01 2010 00:00 GMT
#42
I learned that just when you think you are about to make it good in life, something happens that can totally change everything, without your control, or sometimes it is in your control, but you never see the bad coming cause you're too focused on what may become good.

I also learned that a lot of things in life are illusions, and won't really make it what you think they will, a lot of evil things in this world, a lot of lies.
Most of all I learned that in order to change something, don't look towards other people to change, and don't procrastinate. Work with the system not against it.

edit: and that minds can work in mysterious ways
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
January 01 2010 00:02 GMT
#43
Finished High School in a sense, got my EMT, got and lost my first real job, hit C- with zerg, generally got my self ready for college
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Zilver
Profile Joined December 2008
Finland282 Posts
January 01 2010 00:10 GMT
#44
I went from D to C-.
1a2a3a iWin
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
January 06 2010 19:12 GMT
#45
logged 1000 TDA games

was thrown out of college
But why?
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
January 06 2010 19:17 GMT
#46
I learned that I need to set goals as I sort of pissed away 2009.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
January 06 2010 19:30 GMT
#47
Roughly in chronological order, starting at early 2009.

Carried my useless project group to a decent mark.
Dated a girl for a bit but realized engineering ate up too much time for a stable relationship.
Got a summer research job with reasonable pay.
Joined Teamliquid
Bombed the fall semester.

... kinda sucks. Except the TL part.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
January 06 2010 19:34 GMT
#48
I discovered that I can wipe my ass with my left hand aswell.
true story
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
January 06 2010 19:52 GMT
#49
I got hooked on KPop. I blame Solinren.

Also, I developed a study habit. I actually study for stuff now.
God Bless
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
January 06 2010 19:54 GMT
#50
I have learned that exams gets easier if you have done exercises on that subject.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
January 06 2010 20:01 GMT
#51
Nothing, I think I forgot even the rest of it though...
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-06 20:24:12
January 06 2010 20:17 GMT
#52
Thinking about all the cool stuff that has happened this year is great for my morale thanks, OP

- wrote my first (and only) translation
- made a cool april fool's thread
- became a part of the OSL writers team
- increased my college GPA more than 2 points in a semester
- wrote two 10 page papers at the same time
- weaned myself off of my addiction to politics
- started to see the subtleties of the game of Starcraft
- remembered to get my sister a present for her birthday
- went from the deepest depths of suicidal despair to the contented state I am in now

oh and I won at EVE Online... by quitting
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 06 2010 20:59 GMT
#53
I learned melee
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 06 2010 21:12 GMT
#54
This thread feels like one big circle jerk.

Keep your pride to yourself.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
January 06 2010 21:19 GMT
#55
i went from D+ zerg to D protoss

gone to Primavera music festival - Barcelona
got my BA and doing great to get my masters
found a new apartment that doesn't suck and solid roomates
my first gig and made my first EP with the band

doing solid. a good year, except for starcraft, i suck so much at that game that...i don't no. i got raped 7 games in a row today. a bad motw for me.
got sunken rushed by a zerg on colo 2...
I am not good with quotes
icyF
Profile Joined June 2008
Finland305 Posts
January 06 2010 21:22 GMT
#56
extremely friendly Latvian people thought me not to smoke at airports.
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
January 06 2010 21:24 GMT
#57
-Burned off 50 pounds
-Got honor roll in school
-Made great new friends


Good year.
zergnewb
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States816 Posts
January 06 2010 21:27 GMT
#58
1. TL is like crack for a procrastinator, and makes starcraft seem like just cigs.
2. Gonna be a long time till I get a girlfriend.
3. Gonna like the same girl for a long time still probably, like her all last year and still like her, no reason for it either, I'm like that with crushes :\
4. Even though I'm average height for my age and pretty damn scrawny my violence gives me a superiority in my group of friends.

To sum it up I learned I'm pathetic, TL ROCKS!!!, and that just because I'm weak doesn't mean I can be taken advantage of, bitch.
Welcome to the Durst-Zone
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-06 21:36:37
January 06 2010 21:30 GMT
#59
On January 07 2010 06:12 Emon_ wrote:
This thread feels like one big circle jerk.

Keep your pride to yourself.

Just because you have low self esteem doesn't mean that this thread is a bad idea. Communicating what you are happy about is a very healthy thing to do.
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
January 06 2010 21:31 GMT
#60
Lots of important stuff hapenned to me in 09.
  • Broke up with my GF after 3 and 3/4 years
  • Started running regulary
  • Discovered that I lreally like my school
  • Went to my first open air trance festival and also Sensation white (which sucked though)
  • Met many wonderful people
  • Started poker-community website in the Czech republic
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 5m
Replay Cast
1h 5m
OSC
14h 5m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.