• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:52
CEST 08:52
KST 15:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6788 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 346

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 344 345 346 347 348 370 Next
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
December 03 2016 10:15 GMT
#6901
Just over 5 months since I last posted here. Still improving. Hit 15k a few days ago and still climbing. Now I have 6 or 7 200pp+ plays, and I nearly passed a couple of 7* maps (Ooi [Game Over] and Overtime [Over Cash]).

Also somehow managed this..
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-03 15:33:09
December 03 2016 15:27 GMT
#6902
o/

15k now is like what 3500-4000 was ~2 years ago, amazing how many more players we have at this skill level now

Some more practice:
+ Show Spoiler +


"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
December 04 2016 07:01 GMT
#6903
what's ~30k equivalent to like ~3 years ago? Since that's about what I'm at now, and it was like 3ish years ago when mania came out and I switched to it.... Also, sup, been ages since I posted here.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 17:32:16
December 04 2016 13:49 GMT
#6904
Prob well within the top 10k (I went ~3100 to ~11,500 in just over 2 years while gaining a little bit of pp)

hiya o/

snowdrive relax play with no breaks:
+ Show Spoiler +


"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-14 05:10:26
December 14 2016 04:59 GMT
#6905
I got one of those maps that i could never fc due to reading ;3



having fun with another map too, this one gives 301pp for 99% and the accuracy is there already but i'd have to combo it and take a 0.7 AR drop for the ranked version



and playing for 2hrs now without pain so that's really nice :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
December 16 2016 08:36 GMT
#6906
Oh god that Ringo map. I'm in a few discord servers with Logic Agent and when it was first ranked he was complaining that a bunch of people were PMing him thanking him for their new top plays.

I'd play it but I can't really do much above 210bpm
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-24 10:16:22
December 16 2016 18:21 GMT
#6907
Lol, it's partially due to the od8.7 - oddly specific but high without being too much for me

too high OD = accuracy-based PP can actually drop by a lot, need to spam retry and focus harder on timing. Very rewarding if you can still get high acc on the new OD, though

too low OD = acc doesn't contribute much to score even if the % is high

7.7 or 9.7 would not fit as well (regardless of any ranking system), i think it's pretty perfect. The AR is ok too (9.3 default)

I'm not great @ high BPM but if there are no long or highly spaced streams then it's fine
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:55:41
December 31 2016 15:41 GMT
#6908
[image loading]

Dropped 29 ranks when i submitted the score lolol :D

hr fc is hr fc

Another one:
[image loading]
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 02 2017 12:40 GMT
#6909


FC on my fav shelter map! :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-09 05:32:31
February 06 2017 03:22 GMT
#6910
[image loading]

uhh.. thanks Taeyang?

Edit: [image loading]
+713 at Rank 13k LUUL
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-11 10:17:24
February 10 2017 12:47 GMT
#6911
I've combo'd over 2/3'rds of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1117251 on ranked settings w/ 300pp acc.. working on it! Can combo very well on HR as well so it's mainly reading with some speed stress thrown in on the side

+713 at Rank 13k LUUL


lol i'm still getting negative ranks when i FC stuff @ the same rank. Some 250-300+ fc's would be really nice!
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-26 19:05:00
February 26 2017 19:04 GMT
#6912
Yo, sup guys.

Been a while since I've posted here. I see Cyro's still actively playing

Posting here as I saw I needed some kind of e-mail confirmation to log in. Seeing how all my high ranking accounts once were smurfs, I have no clue which address I used. RIP xD
Now I can still log onto my first account, so that's ok.

Still playing osumania, slowly getting better after a few months of not playing. Got some new practice packs, which are really fun to play. (Davteezy is the best!) I'm running into the same problem as I did when playing piano, namely that my fingers are really inflexible when getting faster.

If anyone lurking around is up for some mania mp, add yorickblabla :D

Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-04 03:50:09
March 03 2017 20:01 GMT
#6913
Yep i'm still around, welcome back!

I have not heard anything about email confirmations~

Gimme a poke if you see me on! (or are you using Discord?)

I've been thinking more about wrist stuff, doing some exercises and i've identified one area that i have overstressed from bad posture/movement. Made some adjustments there and i'm also testing what it feels like and what i can do with tablet rotated a bit to let the wrist sit and move differently.

This is roughly the way that i'm trying it now, red being old position and green being new - the top left corner was the hardest part to reach.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +




sidenote - what happens to the rhythm before 1:30 vs after it? I'm not sure how to describe that


^2 plays here (:
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
March 03 2017 22:10 GMT
#6914
I ocassionally (not often) use discord, I believe name is yorbon there as well. I'm subscribed to teamliquid discord.

You still -aeryn- in osu?

Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-04 03:50:27
March 03 2017 22:39 GMT
#6915
Yeah :D

Another note for above videos - i switched to playing in fullscreen w/ black borders, lowered my game resolution a bit (so the game area is smaller, less eye movement since i'm pretty close to screen) and moved the game area a bit so that it's not centered on the screen (i tend to sit off center and my eyes go towards the right side of the screen rather than at the middle, decided to just roll with it for osu and see how that goes)

The game is unscaled on purpose in those video recordings (in the spoiler a few posts above) so you can see how much of the game my screen takes up as it would previously take the whole video area
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-12 19:08:13
March 12 2017 19:04 GMT
#6916
[image loading]

Finally a pass on this. As you can see, I was pretty close to dieing, about to give up xD
It's fair to say I'm now better than I have been, finally finding a practice routine with decent pay out. It's a bit hard to say, as I recently changed accounts, but I would estimate my skill to be around 10k, let's see if that can be improved a couple of thousand.

Edit: Made an important change to set up. I used to play with hidden, as I can't read nomod. Now, the 'hidden' part is part of my skin. So the hidden line doesn't change anymore based on combo. Great difference. Even though hidden is supposed to have a positive effect on score (less penalty for misses etc), it doesn't quite offset the extra difficulty.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 13 2017 12:47 GMT
#6917
Sounds cool. What does it look like? I can't really read mania either way but would it be easier to learn with fake hidden to force yourself to read in a certain way?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-13 14:32:05
March 13 2017 14:31 GMT
#6918
[image loading]

It looks like this (too lazy to make vid). It's a bit of a mess, as I've merged two skins together, without proper polishing. You can use pictures as keys, where the part below is black, and slowly turns transparent as you go up. The skin I used to get the pictures had three different available heights, to be used according to taste. (Above picture is the middle one)

I know there are people (like me) who can't read standard very well, meaning that it takes a relatively long period of time to get used to reading ahead of time. Whenever I try to read nomod, my eyes automatically go down to the last possible moment to read. Using (fake) hidden helps in the sense that it forces you to read earlier. If you feel you have the same problem, trying with (fake) hidden might be worth a try.

Given that you prefer hidden to nomod when reading, I would argue that using fake hidden is 'better' than using hidden. By better I mean faster improvement. When using hidden, circumstances are different per combo and you effectively need to learn the same combo multiple times. Also, there is less risk of distraction by expansion of the dark area, of by the combo counter. Finally, choosing a proper approach rate is a pain with hidden, as what may be high AR in high combo moments, may be low AR in low combo moments.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 13 2017 15:09 GMT
#6919
Whenever I try to read nomod, my eyes automatically go down to the last possible moment to read


Yeah that is my issue, i can't stop my eyes from following the notes and they're bouncing up and down constantly
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
March 13 2017 15:27 GMT
#6920
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/311960

I used this skin. In case you want to try in the future
Prev 1 344 345 346 347 348 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 62
NotJumperer 57
sorry 49
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King123
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft403
ceh9364
C9.Mang0339
NeuroSwarm108
Sick44
ViBE22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo1034
• Stunt390
• Jankos187
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 8m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.