• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8190 users

Quake Live Beta - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
November 28 2008 08:41 GMT
#101
Do you still need an invite to play? If so does anyone have an extra for me? P.M me for my e-mail.
Dewis
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Finland344 Posts
December 02 2008 19:31 GMT
#102
So does people have invites left for this? I really enjoyed Q3 and I would love to try this game out.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 17 2008 04:28 GMT
#103
GNi to Host New id Software QUAKE LIVE Title

Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider GNI to Host id Software’s QUAKE LIVE Arena Shooter on Its Expandable DHI Environment

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GNi, a leading provider of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) hosting solutions, announced today that is has been selected by id Software™ to facilitate the delivery of QUAKE LIVE™, an innovative and free-to-play online multiplayer shooter experience based on the popular QUAKE Arena games.

Created by id Software as an all-new way to deliver the excitement and energy of first-person multiplayer action to a broader audience than ever before, QUAKE LIVE offers game players of all skill levels a totally free and easily accessible multiplayer game and community through a single website at quakelive.com. Every element of the experience, including friends lists and communication, player skill matching, sponsored events and tournaments, stats tracking, and even the game itself is accessed and delivered free of charge through the web browser.

“GNi has significant experience in the hosting of rapidly-scaling online games which solidified them as an excellent choice to host QUAKE LIVE. The back-end systems and infrastructure are critical elements in reliably delivering QUAKE LIVE’s state-of-the-art web interface, and GNi’s ability to scale quickly using their Dedicated Hosting Infrastructure ensures that we always have the immediate and flexible capacity to provide our constantly expanding player base the best game experience on the web,” stated Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id Software.

“Id Software is certainly a marquee brand and historically significant in the development of present day online gaming, so to be chosen to be a part of this rollout is a significant honor for GNI” said Philip Bouchard CEO of GNI. “The respective visions of id Software and GNI come together as we continue to see growth in the web-based community model as a strategic venue for reaching dedicated gamers and creating brand loyalty through well executed development and delivery.”

With the massive growth of online gaming, GNi continues to see increasing demand for high-performance, low – latency games infrastructure. With the traditional do-it-yourself model, game developers and publishers have to struggle to meet that demand via risky capital expenditure. IaaS gives game companies flexibility through the elimination of the need to purchase servers, software, data center space or network equipment. Developers and publishers see dividends by releasing games online, and are more likely to utilize this IaaS model as a way to release new games without large-scale infrastructure investment.

To get more information about QUAKE LIVE and sign up to participate in the ongoing beta, please visit www.quakelive.com.

About id Software

id – defined by Freud as the primal section of the human psyche; id Software, located in Mesquite, Texas, was founded in 1991. From inception to present day, id Software has relentlessly provided technical, design and artistic leadership as an independent game developer and technology provider. Transcending the games industry, id’s iconic brands such as Wolfenstein, DOOM, QUAKE and Enemy Territory have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. More information on id Software can be found at www.idsoftware.com.

About GNi

GNi offers Infrastructure as a Service solutions for leaders in online games, software-as-a-service, Web 2.0, and online digital media. In online games alone, GNi’s infrastructure supports more than 20 million users, nearly 500,000 concurrent connected users at peak, and more than 27 titles. GNi delivers rapid scalability with uncompromised performance, on a “pay as you grow” model, in the most demanding online environment. Its service offerings enable rapid on-boarding and deployment for customers in swiftly evolving marketplaces. GNi is headquartered in San Jose, California with infrastructure facilities located around the world. For more information please visit www.gni.com.

© 2008. GNi is a trademark of Global Netoptex, Inc. QUAKE LIVE, QUAKE, and id are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Id Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are registered property of their respective owners.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20081215005338&newsLang=en

Quake Live for Christmas? (stumbled across this on rakaka.se and figured some people would be interested)
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
December 22 2008 05:04 GMT
#104
I got invited to QL last week, anybody playing? Any Aussies?
._.
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
December 22 2008 05:50 GMT
#105
I know a few dudes from the aussie TF2 scene are playing, can't remember who though HAHA
u gotta sk8
Error Ash
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany177 Posts
December 28 2008 14:12 GMT
#106
On October 04 2008 03:32 Quesadilla wrote:
Is anybody playing this?

It looks insane. I really want to try it. Q3 gameplay with better than Q4 graphics? Frick how do you beat that! The videos of the tournament from QuakeCon are insane. Fastest game pace ever... Makes SC look slow.


Better than Q4 graphics? It is the exact same graphic as in Q3 (which in my oppinion IS better than Q4, but most people wouldn't agree...).

But yea, i love it, got a beta account and its really nice. I hope there will be CPMA for it, that would be my last chance to get pro in any game =)
indecision
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Germany818 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-28 14:26:19
December 28 2008 14:25 GMT
#107
I'm in :D Got no invites yet and I'm still kinda bad.
I'd like to hang around with some ppl on vent / ts though.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 28 2008 16:18 GMT
#108
If someone gets and invite, can you invite me?

PM so I can give you my email or something~

Also, we should get a list down of the people who is currently playing (I think there was one, but I can't seem to recall where it was~)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 28 2008 16:21 GMT
#109
On December 28 2008 23:12 Error Ash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2008 03:32 Quesadilla wrote:
Is anybody playing this?

It looks insane. I really want to try it. Q3 gameplay with better than Q4 graphics? Frick how do you beat that! The videos of the tournament from QuakeCon are insane. Fastest game pace ever... Makes SC look slow.


Better than Q4 graphics? It is the exact same graphic as in Q3 (which in my oppinion IS better than Q4, but most people wouldn't agree...).

But yea, i love it, got a beta account and its really nice. I hope there will be CPMA for it, that would be my last chance to get pro in any game =)

Hm, I don't think the graphics looks the same, am I being silly?
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
zXk3
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Mexico1178 Posts
December 28 2008 16:40 GMT
#110
T-T my kingdom for a key!
GraphicsNo soy dominante, solo tengo mejores ideas...| Sorry Oshi, 4-1 shows that im better than you =D i wont do any more mistakes now
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
January 12 2009 00:59 GMT
#111
Anyone wanna play? I just got in and damn I feel like a scrub. I was good at Q3 back in... 2001 or something... Just looking for someone about my skill level to 1v1 w/ and relearn the maps ect.

I don't have any Invites yet... Just got in this morning.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
January 12 2009 01:10 GMT
#112
Hook it up when you do get invites so I can bunny hopz ur lyfe
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
January 12 2009 01:15 GMT
#113
I would LOVE an invite. PM ME!
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Llamaz
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia90 Posts
January 12 2009 05:39 GMT
#114
I played deathmatch games before I played SC ( Warsow), and I got an invite then. For some reason it says I have no invites, even though I didn't send out even one. It's shame that I'm switching to RTS games right when this is coming out. Meh... I hear that this game destroyed the entire American warsow duel scene :D. All the good players went to the quake live beta, and all the lower skilled ones stayed, and played CA/DA =/.

P.S. I'm not giving away my quake live beta :D
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
January 12 2009 06:37 GMT
#115
On December 29 2008 01:21 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2008 23:12 Error Ash wrote:
On October 04 2008 03:32 Quesadilla wrote:
Is anybody playing this?

It looks insane. I really want to try it. Q3 gameplay with better than Q4 graphics? Frick how do you beat that! The videos of the tournament from QuakeCon are insane. Fastest game pace ever... Makes SC look slow.


Better than Q4 graphics? It is the exact same graphic as in Q3 (which in my oppinion IS better than Q4, but most people wouldn't agree...).

But yea, i love it, got a beta account and its really nice. I hope there will be CPMA for it, that would be my last chance to get pro in any game =)

Hm, I don't think the graphics looks the same, am I being silly?


I'm in the beta. The graphics are not the same as original Q3. They are slightly improved but pretty much the same. If I get any invites I'll try to give them to some people here at TL! =)
._.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
January 12 2009 06:49 GMT
#116
On January 12 2009 15:37 Roxen000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2008 01:21 FrozenArbiter wrote:
On December 28 2008 23:12 Error Ash wrote:
On October 04 2008 03:32 Quesadilla wrote:
Is anybody playing this?

It looks insane. I really want to try it. Q3 gameplay with better than Q4 graphics? Frick how do you beat that! The videos of the tournament from QuakeCon are insane. Fastest game pace ever... Makes SC look slow.


Better than Q4 graphics? It is the exact same graphic as in Q3 (which in my oppinion IS better than Q4, but most people wouldn't agree...).

But yea, i love it, got a beta account and its really nice. I hope there will be CPMA for it, that would be my last chance to get pro in any game =)

Hm, I don't think the graphics looks the same, am I being silly?


I'm in the beta. The graphics are not the same as original Q3. They are slightly improved but pretty much the same. If I get any invites I'll try to give them to some people here at TL! =)


Yea there's a tiny bit more detail and things seem to be brighter/shinier
savior did nothing wrong
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
January 12 2009 07:36 GMT
#117
I like how you don't need custom configs to increase field of view, and it goes all the way up to 130. It'd be nice if simple items/icons could be toggled though, I was always a fan of that. Does anyone know if you can force opponent's skin or make the opponent more visible?
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
indecision
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Germany818 Posts
January 12 2009 10:32 GMT
#118
So: Any other European noobs that are playing?
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 13:15:57
January 14 2009 00:23 GMT
#119
got 5 invites free, so pm me your name, email and skill level if you want to get invited.

*edit* 0 invites left.
Graphics
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
January 14 2009 03:10 GMT
#120
On January 12 2009 16:36 Scooter wrote:
I like how you don't need custom configs to increase field of view, and it goes all the way up to 130. It'd be nice if simple items/icons could be toggled though, I was always a fan of that. Does anyone know if you can force opponent's skin or make the opponent more visible?


you can use simple items, dont remember the command tho and you can force enemy models with cg_forceenemymodel, that might not be it exactly, check the forums for configs, there are some good ones
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
NeuroSwarm 168
FoxeR 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3230
Leta 1555
Bale 57
Shine 18
Other Games
summit1g7059
JimRising 551
WinterStarcraft362
ViBE148
Mew2King14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 16
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo558
Other Games
• Scarra842
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 52m
Patches Events
11h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
OSC
19h 52m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.