• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7654 users

Quake Live Beta - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
SupaScoopa
Profile Joined August 2008
United States10 Posts
January 14 2009 03:28 GMT
#121
WOOOO I FINALLY GOT INVITED TO QL BETA

First impressions: It's so awesome. There is so much potential here. There are some small bugs and whatnot, and things that definitely need to be added (enemy model selection, brightskins, crosshair size/color selection, etc) but it definitely runs well enough and feels like good old Q3 with new competitive maps and shit. The fact that it has a matchmaking system also increases its potential because noobs will be able to play games that don't result in scores of 45 to -2 every time. I think the spawning system places the enemy away from the opponent so it's hard to spawn rape and easier for the person getting raped to get a gun/armor/have some kind of defense before their opponent shows up. Also, it's sweet that matches are set to 10 minutes (15 just feels way too long to me).

But yeah, anybody want to play? I live in Virginia (East Coast USA), it would be sweet if any of you guys from TL.DotA had Quake Live accounts.
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
January 14 2009 04:26 GMT
#122
On January 14 2009 12:28 SupaScoopa wrote:
WOOOO I FINALLY GOT INVITED TO QL BETA
(enemy model selection, brightskins, crosshair size/color selection, etc)


You can do all that with commands... and crosshair size and stuff is in the game settings menu. Check google for a command list.
._.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
January 14 2009 07:10 GMT
#123
Pissing my pants in anticipation.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
Nebula
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
England780 Posts
January 14 2009 14:56 GMT
#124
On January 14 2009 12:28 SupaScoopa wrote:
WOOOO I FINALLY GOT INVITED TO QL BETA

First impressions: It's so awesome. There is so much potential here. There are some small bugs and whatnot, and things that definitely need to be added (enemy model selection, brightskins, crosshair size/color selection, etc) but it definitely runs well enough and feels like good old Q3 with new competitive maps and shit. The fact that it has a matchmaking system also increases its potential because noobs will be able to play games that don't result in scores of 45 to -2 every time. I think the spawning system places the enemy away from the opponent so it's hard to spawn rape and easier for the person getting raped to get a gun/armor/have some kind of defense before their opponent shows up. Also, it's sweet that matches are set to 10 minutes (15 just feels way too long to me).

But yeah, anybody want to play? I live in Virginia (East Coast USA), it would be sweet if any of you guys from TL.DotA had Quake Live accounts.


Having played q3 competitivly for a long time at a rather high level ( :D) I feel that 10 min duels aren't long enough at all. Alot of q3 is back and forward frag scoring when you have map control. When youre playing someone decent, it can take 5-10 mins just to get control back and because theyve gayed the spawn system (yeh i dont like new one, tho i can understand its better for newbs - tho ill miss raping randoms 60-0 )

On the matter of brightskins etc, theyve already got them in the beta, tho bright green only. Which is kind of lame as i used to use a black keel with gamma set super high. The netcode is pretty nice tho tbh and reducing rail damage was the one thing that will hopefully keep new players in because the rape wont be so bad.

Pc died atm and im too lazy to log in on mums computer, but when im back online on my pc, ill let people know as im sure i have two invites and im willing to bash some chumps for practice
<3
CFDragon
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States304 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 15:16:47
January 14 2009 15:16 GMT
#125
Personally, I was kinda more of an Unreal fan than Quake, although I signed up for the beta nonetheless. Haven't gotten my key though. This looks pretty fun though, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
January 16 2009 18:04 GMT
#126
I forgot how much I heart real FPSes. I've spent every free moment over the past 2 days playing QL. I just wish I had more free moments.

It seems ridiculous, since I JUST got invited, but unless I'm misreading it, I have 5 invites, so PM me your e-mail if you want in and I can give it a shot.

Also, can anyone make the rail gun jump on campgrounds redux (I think in Q3 it was q3dm6)? I'm trying to get my movement down before I start dueling, but I've spent 2 hours on this jump, and while I've improved a ton, I've only made it once. So if you can make it consistently then...I have questions for you :>
Fallen
Profile Joined October 2005
Canada192 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 19:14:24
January 16 2009 18:34 GMT
#127
I have two invites left, pm your real name, email address, and skill level.

Edit: No more invites.
oh hay
Xan
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Norway257 Posts
January 16 2009 18:58 GMT
#128
Q3 is my favorite e-sport to spectate after starcraft, the top gameplay is so sick.
Really looking forward to quake live even though I never played much q3 except on lan.
I really love the thought behind this project and hopefully it becomes a large community!
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
January 18 2009 13:20 GMT
#129
If anyone else is looking for invites, ESReality has a whole thread set up.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1597012
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-20 04:29:20
January 20 2009 03:25 GMT
#130
I owe my QuakeLive invite to TL (and more specifically enthusiast <3), so I will give away all 10 of my invites to those who want one. Just send me a PM with first name, last name, email address, and skill level (beginner, intermediate, or expert).

EDIT: going fast o.O 3 left.
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-21 19:23:31
January 20 2009 05:10 GMT
#131
I've got 5 invites left... first come first serve. PM me your real name, email, and skill level.

EDIT: All gone. I'll post again next time they give me some invites.
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
January 20 2009 19:08 GMT
#132
I got 10 invites, first come first serve. If you PM'd me before now, then PM me again once again with your e-mail.
hixhix
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1158 Posts
January 21 2009 07:17 GMT
#133
I live on campus and it says port 5222 (or something like that) is blocked, which prevents me from playing. Is there anyway to fix this ? Thanks/
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
January 21 2009 08:16 GMT
#134
If u mean campus of a university they probably have a firewall blocking that port. You need to contact them in order to open it up for you or if u are a hacker try to hack through it which I doubt you will.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Falc
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden110 Posts
January 23 2009 16:08 GMT
#135
So anyone got a spare invite? If so PM me and you'll be my best friend forever!
~~
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
January 23 2009 16:51 GMT
#136
Niice, I got my old custom config working in quakelive. Also people figured out how to use custom crosshairs so now there's some really nice visible ones that are goin around. Forcing enemy skins to tank/bright makes things much sexier too.
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
January 23 2009 16:53 GMT
#137
keel/bright is much better imo.
It's better to burn out than to fade away
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
January 23 2009 17:51 GMT
#138
I just tried it out, and I gotta agree. Thanks for the tip krazy <3
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
January 23 2009 18:20 GMT
#139
PLEASE!!! Can someone send me a invite!?
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
January 24 2009 00:23 GMT
#140
Here are some demos from quakecon. Helpful if, like me, you don't have Q3 installed and didn't play it very much. Vo0 vs cypher on dm6 is good :>
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings168
SHIN 80
CranKy Ducklings SOOP45
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 330
ByuN 279
OGKoka 274
SHIN 80
MindelVK 20
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70786
Calm 10613
Rain 2527
FanTaSy 1251
Bisu 1127
soO 671
Soulkey 625
Shuttle 435
Stork 416
Rush 263
[ Show more ]
Soma 233
firebathero 208
Light 172
Snow 161
Last 148
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 60
Bale 41
Shinee 39
Killer 35
Trap 33
hero 29
Hm[arnc] 29
Sharp 28
Mong 27
Free 27
Sexy 21
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
zelot 17
Shine 16
HiyA 13
scan(afreeca) 12
sorry 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6904
Dendi235
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin532
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
gofns34581
singsing2223
byalli575
B2W.Neo350
Pyrionflax252
ToD46
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 96
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV476
League of Legends
• Jankos3241
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 877
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 10m
OSC
11h 10m
Replay Cast
11h 10m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.