• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:23
CEST 18:23
KST 01:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8601 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 200 Next
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 18 2016 16:09 GMT
#561
On July 19 2016 01:01 Kipsate wrote:
Friend of mine has a Windows phone, no idea when he will be able to play.

Windows...what now? Probably never
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
July 18 2016 16:20 GMT
#562
On July 19 2016 00:50 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 00:29 Poopi wrote:
Oh it seems like android 4.4 is needed but I only have 4.3 available with my phone. Can't be part of the adventure I guess.

Poor Galaxy S3 user.

No it's a sony xperia SP but mid end phones are the worst deal of all
WriterMaru
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 18 2016 17:20 GMT
#563
Just went to the park after work to catch some pokemanz and ended up sitting in a group of 11 strangers chatting shit popping lures and fighting over control of 2 nearby gyms for 2 hours.

I was the only Valor representative

Good shit, i didnt really expect to meet other people playing in the UK since we're not as (zu)batshit crazy as you americans with your vaporeon stampedes
Useless wet fish.
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 17:29:17
July 18 2016 17:28 GMT
#564
I think the game is really bad right now. In my opinion, Niantic fucked up quite badly and at least here, the hype seems to die rather rapidly.
Explanation is simple: While the game is called "Pokemon GO", right now, it's just impossible to "GO". The footsteps and the nearby Pokemon in general are just bugged and all you have to do... Or even CAN do... Is sitting around multiple lure modules and waiting for rare pokemon to randomly spawn. Chasing Pokemon just doesn't work with the bugs right now and that's just really annoying, because that's the part I've really liked about the game.

I reall hope they fix this issue within the next few days or I doubt the hype can be kept up for much longer.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 18 2016 17:37 GMT
#565
On July 19 2016 00:29 Poopi wrote:
Oh it seems like android 4.4 is needed but I only have 4.3 available with my phone. Can't be part of the adventure I guess.


I was going to try this but I'm still on 4.1, well getting new phone delivered next week since it was about time to upgrade anyway, can give it a try then.

Also bought a portable battery charger...

Just need a new cap now I guess and I'm good to go.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
July 18 2016 17:39 GMT
#566
As someone who got woken up by random people playing pokemon outside my window at 5am on Saturday, I can't wait for the hype to die
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 18 2016 17:48 GMT
#567
On July 19 2016 02:28 Swisslink wrote:
I think the game is really bad right now. In my opinion, Niantic fucked up quite badly and at least here, the hype seems to die rather rapidly.
Explanation is simple: While the game is called "Pokemon GO", right now, it's just impossible to "GO". The footsteps and the nearby Pokemon in general are just bugged and all you have to do... Or even CAN do... Is sitting around multiple lure modules and waiting for rare pokemon to randomly spawn. Chasing Pokemon just doesn't work with the bugs right now and that's just really annoying, because that's the part I've really liked about the game.

I reall hope they fix this issue within the next few days or I doubt the hype can be kept up for much longer.

sitting still is a piss poor way to play this game imo; its incredibly boring. although the tracker apparently doesnt work (not sure what happened, it worked before), the pokemon spawn in obvious locations (at least in parks) so just walk around on a set track and you will hit most of the spawned pokemon and get the pokespots. of course, i am playing the game to exercise so maybe i am a poor representation of how the game should be played.

and i caught a tauros yesterday, yay!
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 18:04:49
July 18 2016 17:58 GMT
#568
On July 19 2016 02:48 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 02:28 Swisslink wrote:
I think the game is really bad right now. In my opinion, Niantic fucked up quite badly and at least here, the hype seems to die rather rapidly.
Explanation is simple: While the game is called "Pokemon GO", right now, it's just impossible to "GO". The footsteps and the nearby Pokemon in general are just bugged and all you have to do... Or even CAN do... Is sitting around multiple lure modules and waiting for rare pokemon to randomly spawn. Chasing Pokemon just doesn't work with the bugs right now and that's just really annoying, because that's the part I've really liked about the game.

I reall hope they fix this issue within the next few days or I doubt the hype can be kept up for much longer.

sitting still is a piss poor way to play this game imo; its incredibly boring. although the tracker apparently doesnt work (not sure what happened, it worked before), the pokemon spawn in obvious locations (at least in parks) so just walk around on a set track and you will hit most of the spawned pokemon and get the pokespots. of course, i am playing the game to exercise so maybe i am a poor representation of how the game should be played.

and i caught a tauros yesterday, yay!



It is a piss poor way to play it, but walking around is just useless right now. Neither the order in the tracker, nor the distance (footsteps) works right now. And if you're trying to catch rare stuff (i got everything common), there's just no way you're ever going to find anything.
Just an example: Saw a Weezing today. 3 steps distance (of course, because every Pokemon has this distance right now according to the tracker), last position in the tracker. Walked one direction, the Weezing came closer (according to the tracker). And when it was around second/third position according to the tracker I got a message from a friend who just found said Weezing in the complete opposite direction.

I mean, I could potentially live without the distance (footsteps). But the positions in the tracker really have to be correct for the game to make ANY sense, imo.

The first few days, walking around was fun. Because the tracker worked and you could figure out where a specific Pokemon is. But right now that's just not possible. Therefore walking around has literally NO advantage over camping lure modules. Both ways it's just purely random what you get; you just get way more stuff around Lure Modules.

I agree that it's stupid. But unfortunately it is the best way to play due to the broken tracker. I really hope they fix it within the next few days.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
July 18 2016 18:09 GMT
#569
I uninstalled the game after a few days. at first it was incredibly cool to catch pokemon in RL but after some time it just becomes mindless grinding and you have to play so much to have any chance in the gym.
back to pokemon red/blue i guess.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 18 2016 18:11 GMT
#570
On July 19 2016 02:58 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 02:48 dAPhREAk wrote:
On July 19 2016 02:28 Swisslink wrote:
I think the game is really bad right now. In my opinion, Niantic fucked up quite badly and at least here, the hype seems to die rather rapidly.
Explanation is simple: While the game is called "Pokemon GO", right now, it's just impossible to "GO". The footsteps and the nearby Pokemon in general are just bugged and all you have to do... Or even CAN do... Is sitting around multiple lure modules and waiting for rare pokemon to randomly spawn. Chasing Pokemon just doesn't work with the bugs right now and that's just really annoying, because that's the part I've really liked about the game.

I reall hope they fix this issue within the next few days or I doubt the hype can be kept up for much longer.

sitting still is a piss poor way to play this game imo; its incredibly boring. although the tracker apparently doesnt work (not sure what happened, it worked before), the pokemon spawn in obvious locations (at least in parks) so just walk around on a set track and you will hit most of the spawned pokemon and get the pokespots. of course, i am playing the game to exercise so maybe i am a poor representation of how the game should be played.

and i caught a tauros yesterday, yay!



It is a piss poor way to play it, but walking around is just useless right now. Neither the order in the tracker, nor the distance (footsteps) works right now. And if you're trying to catch rare stuff (i got everything common), there's just no way you're ever going to find anything.
Just an example: Saw a Weezing today. 3 steps distance (of course, because every Pokemon has this distance right now according to the tracker), last position in the tracker. Walked one direction, the Weezing came closer (according to the tracker). And when it was around second/third position according to the tracker I got a message from a friend who just found said Weezing in the complete opposite direction.

I mean, I could potentially live without the distance (footsteps). But the positions in the tracker really have to be correct for the game to make ANY sense, imo.

The first few days, walking around was fun. Because the tracker worked and you could figure out where a specific Pokemon is. But right now that's just not possible. Therefore walking around has literally NO advantage over camping lure modules. Both ways it's just purely random what you get; you just get way more stuff around Lure Modules.

I agree that it's stupid. But unfortunately it is the best way to play due to the broken tracker. I really hope they fix it within the next few days.

we are in agreement i think. lure modules plus incense is the best way to farm pokemon/XP. its just a piss poor way to play the game unless you really enjoy the social aspect (which is not why i do it). they really need to fix the tracker for all the reasons you say. i think i hit all of the hotspots by walking, but i can never be sure and i dont even bother to look at the tracker anymore.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 18 2016 18:24 GMT
#571
So when looking at my Pokémons, I noticed that I had one Bellsprout (untrained) with 135CP and another one with 15CP. Is the CP of the Pokémons you find related to your level or something
EZ4ENCE
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
July 18 2016 18:28 GMT
#572
On July 19 2016 03:24 WindWolf wrote:
So when looking at my Pokémons, I noticed that I had one Bellsprout (untrained) with 135CP and another one with 15CP. Is the CP of the Pokémons you find related to your level or something


It is. That's the reason you should not use your 10km eggs before you hit level 20 (well... even better level 30, but hitting level 30 takes forever, so 20 should be fine :-P ). Otherwise you might get a rare pokemon - but a rare pokemon with a really shitty CP value.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 18 2016 18:31 GMT
#573
On July 19 2016 03:28 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 03:24 WindWolf wrote:
So when looking at my Pokémons, I noticed that I had one Bellsprout (untrained) with 135CP and another one with 15CP. Is the CP of the Pokémons you find related to your level or something


It is. That's the reason you should not use your 10km eggs before you hit level 20 (well... even better level 30, but hitting level 30 takes forever, so 20 should be fine :-P ). Otherwise you might get a rare pokemon - but a rare pokemon with a really shitty CP value.

Ok. I am level 7 right now and I only have 2 and 5 km eggs. And since I have no problem with long walks, I should be able to open all of them as soon as I get home from my vacation
EZ4ENCE
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 18 2016 18:33 GMT
#574
for eggs, make sure the lowest level eggs go in the infinity incubator. higher level eggs should go in the limited use incubators. maximizes the use of incubators!
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
July 18 2016 18:33 GMT
#575
On July 19 2016 03:31 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 03:28 Swisslink wrote:
On July 19 2016 03:24 WindWolf wrote:
So when looking at my Pokémons, I noticed that I had one Bellsprout (untrained) with 135CP and another one with 15CP. Is the CP of the Pokémons you find related to your level or something


It is. That's the reason you should not use your 10km eggs before you hit level 20 (well... even better level 30, but hitting level 30 takes forever, so 20 should be fine :-P ). Otherwise you might get a rare pokemon - but a rare pokemon with a really shitty CP value.

Ok. I am level 7 right now and I only have 2 and 5 km eggs. And since I have no problem with long walks, I should be able to open all of them as soon as I get home from my vacation


2km/5km are fine. They're not too good anyway. But 10km could potentially have insanely high CP values, but only after lvl 20. :-)
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
July 18 2016 18:48 GMT
#576
You know why i won't play it?
There is rly no goal in this game. it's endless.
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 18 2016 19:12 GMT
#577
I found my first cubone in a park/recreation center in my area that senior citizens frequent. There are plenty of fossils in the area.
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 18 2016 19:17 GMT
#578
On July 19 2016 03:48 KalWarkov wrote:
You know why i won't play it?
There is rly no goal in this game. it's endless.


The, uh.. the goal is to have fun.

"That's why I don't play Starcraft, there's no goal, it's endless."
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 18 2016 19:40 GMT
#579
On July 19 2016 01:20 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 00:50 Lucumo wrote:
On July 19 2016 00:29 Poopi wrote:
Oh it seems like android 4.4 is needed but I only have 4.3 available with my phone. Can't be part of the adventure I guess.

Poor Galaxy S3 user.

No it's a sony xperia SP but mid end phones are the worst deal of all

Ah, ok. Thought you were one of the many S3 users (myself included).
biomech
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany380 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 20:04:41
July 18 2016 20:02 GMT
#580

On July 19 2016 03:48 KalWarkov wrote:
You know why i won't play it?
There is rly no goal in this game. it's endless.

---

On July 19 2016 04:17 Rehio wrote:
The, uh.. the goal is to have fun.
"That's why I don't play Starcraft, there's no goal, it's endless."


Mildly offopic, people ranted about i.e. Diablo 3 having no endgame.. there you have Pokémon GO, where it alone takes about 2 years (extrapolated from timeframe level 0 to level 20 in 1 week) to reach the maximum trainer level 40. Endgame nom nom.

The fun part (IMHO) is to be outside, meet people, yada yada... it's not a distinct "game goal", but it's a effing good reason to play it.

Want goals? Play Super Mario.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM417
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 417
TKL 201
ProTech158
ByuN 141
SteadfastSC 109
UpATreeSC 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32149
Calm 3227
Shuttle 2718
Jaedong 1228
Mini 784
EffOrt 615
Horang2 531
Soma 503
ZerO 252
Rush 242
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 226
Snow 170
firebathero 112
910 87
hero 83
Zeus 75
Mong 72
Mind 72
Shine 46
Hyun 38
Free 35
sorry 33
Sharp 31
ToSsGirL 26
Yoon 25
PianO 23
Killer 21
JYJ 20
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Rock 11
Sexy 11
Hm[arnc] 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5876
Dendi1332
League of Legends
KnowMe26
Counter-Strike
fl0m4047
x6flipin608
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
ChuDatz39
Other Games
singsing2043
Liquid`RaSZi1299
hiko719
ceh9405
Beastyqt390
Khaldor297
crisheroes283
dupreeh257
Livibee209
420jenkins202
C9.Mang0135
QueenE117
Trikslyr85
Dewaltoss55
ZerO(Twitch)17
IndyStarCraft 9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH283
• Hinosc 14
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3669
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• Nemesis2010
• TFBlade212
Other Games
• Shiphtur785
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 38m
INu's Battles
18h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 38m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.