• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:48
CEST 19:48
KST 02:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6566 users

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 19 2012 19:19 GMT
#1
On Oct 24th (Nov 1st for PSN), Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ is coming to XBox 360 and PS3, with glorious Arcsys netplay included! I'm really hype for it! Let's use this thread to discuss the game, and find matches with fellow TL'ers.

Guilty Gear is a fighting game series developed by Arc System Works, and the flagship series of the "airdash" or "anime" style of fighting game. GGXX Accent Core itself is about 6 years old, however, there's a huge new revision currently in Japanese arcades which will be patched to us for free in a few months. In addition, this is the first time we'll be able to experience real netplay for this game, and it will only cost about $15 on PSN/Xbox Arcade.

http://www.dustloop.com - The best resource for GG strategy, you can find answers to virtually anything there.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan - High-level matches streamed 6-10 hours daily from Mikado arcade in Japan.

Also, here's a great guide to the basics of GG.

Here are some match vids:






Please let me know if there's anything else I should add to the OP, and I will do my best!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
October 19 2012 19:32 GMT
#2
mmm this game brings back memories, first time i've daigo was his ggxx sol

really didn't know they were making another revision
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 21:45:46
October 19 2012 21:45 GMT
#3
Nov. 1st T_T I really need to get my stick modded to work with my PS3...

Edit: Or I could take the cheaper option and get my xbox repaired............... >.>
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Fatmatt2000
Profile Joined January 2006
United States159 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 23:24:27
October 19 2012 23:23 GMT
#4
I used to play a bunch of GGXX:Reload on PC version with my friends, so I'm pretty excited for this, but why would they release a new arcade version and then shortly afterwards release the older version on console. Theres really no excuse to not give us the new stuff right away.
Quote?
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
October 20 2012 00:09 GMT
#5
I bought GGXX:Reload as an original xbox game for the xbox 360 like a year ago. Absolutely my favorite fighting game of all time. The anime-like graphics just isn't like any other game I've played. I haven't played Blazblue but I wouldn't pick it up at this time so long after it's been released. Probably nobody really plays it anymore.

But GGXXAC I remember getting for the PS2. It was absolutely nothing like its predecessor, Reload. The controls were awful. All the button mashing that I learned in Reload was next to impossible in AC. You know why? Because you didn't automatically turn around when you jumped past your opponent. WTF. They made you have to press a button to MANUALLY turn around to face your opponent. The amount of times that I happen to accidentally pass my opponent in a sequence of button mashing attacks results in a ton of missed hits.

I really hope that they fix that. If they do, I'll definitely have to pick this up and start beasting on TL with my Sol Badguy combos lol. Just so happens that all those years I used to button mash, I actually figured out all his moves. I wish I could play GGXX:Reload online, but since it's an original xbox game, it doesn't have that function.

I really hope I'm remembering GGXXAC correctly in that you had to manually turn around, otherwise my post is rather stupid haha. If I am, does anyone know if they changed/ are changing that with this release?
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
October 20 2012 00:13 GMT
#6
On October 20 2012 09:09 Epishade wrote:
I bought GGXX:Reload as an original xbox game for the xbox 360 like a year ago. Absolutely my favorite fighting game of all time. The anime-like graphics just isn't like any other game I've played. I haven't played Blazblue but I wouldn't pick it up at this time so long after it's been released. Probably nobody really plays it anymore.

But GGXXAC I remember getting for the PS2. It was absolutely nothing like its predecessor, Reload. The controls were awful. All the button mashing that I learned in Reload was next to impossible in AC. You know why? Because you didn't automatically turn around when you jumped past your opponent. WTF. They made you have to press a button to MANUALLY turn around to face your opponent. The amount of times that I happen to accidentally pass my opponent in a sequence of button mashing attacks results in a ton of missed hits.

I really hope that they fix that. If they do, I'll definitely have to pick this up and start beasting on TL with my Sol Badguy combos lol. Just so happens that all those years I used to button mash, I actually figured out all his moves. I wish I could play GGXX:Reload online, but since it's an original xbox game, it doesn't have that function.

I really hope I'm remembering GGXXAC correctly in that you had to manually turn around, otherwise my post is rather stupid haha. If I am, does anyone know if they changed/ are changing that with this release?



Isn't this Isuka instead of AC?
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
October 20 2012 00:19 GMT
#7
On October 20 2012 09:13 Shinbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 09:09 Epishade wrote:
I bought GGXX:Reload as an original xbox game for the xbox 360 like a year ago. Absolutely my favorite fighting game of all time. The anime-like graphics just isn't like any other game I've played. I haven't played Blazblue but I wouldn't pick it up at this time so long after it's been released. Probably nobody really plays it anymore.

But GGXXAC I remember getting for the PS2. It was absolutely nothing like its predecessor, Reload. The controls were awful. All the button mashing that I learned in Reload was next to impossible in AC. You know why? Because you didn't automatically turn around when you jumped past your opponent. WTF. They made you have to press a button to MANUALLY turn around to face your opponent. The amount of times that I happen to accidentally pass my opponent in a sequence of button mashing attacks results in a ton of missed hits.

I really hope that they fix that. If they do, I'll definitely have to pick this up and start beasting on TL with my Sol Badguy combos lol. Just so happens that all those years I used to button mash, I actually figured out all his moves. I wish I could play GGXX:Reload online, but since it's an original xbox game, it doesn't have that function.

I really hope I'm remembering GGXXAC correctly in that you had to manually turn around, otherwise my post is rather stupid haha. If I am, does anyone know if they changed/ are changing that with this release?



Isn't this Isuka instead of AC?


OMG I think you're right. That sounds like the one I bought. After I posted this I went through all the guilty gear series and tried to figure out which one had that feature. So glad it's not AC, so now I guess I don't have to worry about that. I should be getting this probably then. I've never had the chance to play Guilty Gear online EVER, and I've always wanted to because I've been practicing for who knows why lol.

YAYYY. Will probably be picking this up when it releases in that case. WOOO!!! Can't tell you how happy that makes me.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
October 20 2012 00:21 GMT
#8
On October 20 2012 04:32 musai wrote:
mmm this game brings back memories, first time i've daigo was his ggxx sol

really didn't know they were making another revision


omg don't remind me how annoying Sol's dust loop was. TAEE-YA TAEE-YA + Show Spoiler +


I actually have a video of me getting raped in a tournament back in the day.



I played a lot of Guilty Gear accent core in the Korean arcades up in Seoul. I got beat a couple times by this little girl... *face palm* she had a nasty A.B.A. (the key boss girl). Her older brother was super good at Street Fighter 3 so she probably had her skills rubbed off from her brother. In general though I was surprised at how good the arcade competition is for Guilty Gear in Korea. A lot of strong players. This one player that uses Eddie had some crazy good unblockable setups.

*thumbs up* Guilty Gear was a nice change of pace from Street Fighter. It's like a mixture of Street Fighter & Marvel vs Capcom. Music + cool characters + nice game mechanics.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 20 2012 02:17 GMT
#9
On October 20 2012 08:23 Fatmatt2000 wrote:
I used to play a bunch of GGXX:Reload on PC version with my friends, so I'm pretty excited for this, but why would they release a new arcade version and then shortly afterwards release the older version on console. Theres really no excuse to not give us the new stuff right away.


Arcade release is usually 6+ months before console release. It takes time to port everything to console. We'll actually be getting the patch in December I think, which is a lot faster than most updates take to port.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
October 28 2012 15:55 GMT
#10
So Nov. 1st for PSN release is for NA PSN release or is it just asian?

Played quite a bit of the XBL version last night, and boy was it fun to get some rounds in as Venom.
Forever Young
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
October 28 2012 16:12 GMT
#11
I'm really excited for this. Has anyone tried the net play?
It is what it is
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
October 28 2012 16:43 GMT
#12
The netplay seems responsive to me, but then again, I'm rather scrubby at this game so I can't tell if certain combos are not coming out because I'm terrible or because of an abnormal spike in delay. Though lobbies can only be 1v1 from what I can tell, can't have spectators unless someone could tell me how.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 28 2012 17:07 GMT
#13
Netplay is kind of meh, depends who you're playing against. I seem to have a pretty bad connection against the west coast. It's definitely not as good as BB/P4A, about as good as AE netplay I guess.

Nov 1st is for the NA PSN release.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
October 28 2012 22:32 GMT
#14
On October 29 2012 02:07 Cel.erity wrote:
Netplay is kind of meh, depends who you're playing against. I seem to have a pretty bad connection against the west coast. It's definitely not as good as BB/P4A, about as good as AE netplay I guess.

Nov 1st is for the NA PSN release.


That's sounds like its enough for me.
Forever Young
HocusPocus
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany214 Posts
October 29 2012 00:53 GMT
#15
On October 20 2012 08:23 Fatmatt2000 wrote:
I used to play a bunch of GGXX:Reload on PC version with my friends, so I'm pretty excited for this, but why would they release a new arcade version and then shortly afterwards release the older version on console. Theres really no excuse to not give us the new stuff right away.

they want the arcades to make money off of +R before they release it on console. Many arcades are dying anyway so thats a good tactic to give them some extra income
AnBi - www.twitch.tv/anbi2199
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
October 31 2012 01:57 GMT
#16
I'm a bit worried about buying the game on xbox. I already have GGXX: #Reload on my system, and less than 800 (from when I last checked) people have purchased GGXXAC+. The absurd lack of advertising for its release on the xbox is what's tempting me not to buy it. I've seen nothing at all in the games section where they usually advertise recent releases. I had to manually go through the menus and check out the new releases to find it. The demo I played was also pretty crumby. You couldn't even go into the options menu to change your screen settings or volume etc. I just don't want to pay for a game that nobody will probably be online on in a month or 2. Sad too because Guilty Gear is my all-time favorite fighting series.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 31 2012 02:53 GMT
#17
#R is better than AC anyways zzz
it's ok AC+R looks good

i've been told the netcode is decent but decent really isn't good enough for GG

as long as the port is ok i might pick it up once i get my consoles back, don't really see myself playing outside of arcade or even wanting to grind training mode again till +R hits.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 31 2012 03:11 GMT
#18
On October 31 2012 10:57 Epishade wrote:
I'm a bit worried about buying the game on xbox. I already have GGXX: #Reload on my system, and less than 800 (from when I last checked) people have purchased GGXXAC+. The absurd lack of advertising for its release on the xbox is what's tempting me not to buy it. I've seen nothing at all in the games section where they usually advertise recent releases. I had to manually go through the menus and check out the new releases to find it. The demo I played was also pretty crumby. You couldn't even go into the options menu to change your screen settings or volume etc. I just don't want to pay for a game that nobody will probably be online on in a month or 2. Sad too because Guilty Gear is my all-time favorite fighting series.


That's true, but finding games isn't really a problem. Just find people on dustloop who live relatively close to you, and you're set. Also it's only $15. If it's really your favorite fighting game series, then play it, find people who play it, go to tournaments. Dude, GG is very alive; there are people who still grind on games like Aquapazza and Darkstalkers even though only 10 people in the US actually know how to play them. Bandwagoning only contributes to the death of games.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 322
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 322
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 162
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 110
UpATreeSC 86
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1339
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2558
singsing1670
B2W.Neo840
ceh9656
Beastyqt598
ArmadaUGS141
C9.Mang0116
Dewaltoss46
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.